NPL - New South Wales Conference

NPL - New South Wales Conference

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We had an interesting and frustraing afternoon at Spartans.
Arriving for the 20's game we wondered why it was so barron.
Were told later it was because a spartan 18's kid went to Epping Boys so it was decided between the clubs (Mounties) to postpone.
Thats was already a flat liner and then the usual warm up by the 20's.
Us spectators are in ready for koff and players and club officials are just hanging around were thinking wtf.
NO Ref/Linos were about !!!!!!!!
Like WTF, it's the first comp game and no officials - my head is wondering did club officials not notice refs/linos were MIA as you'd normally see them warmign up as well ?!
Were they on the mobiles to FNSW asking WTF, can you get some officials out pronto.
All were told is FNSW hadn't assigned official, I don't know what/who to believe tbh.
I absolute blood let down.
Yet 1st's had officials - something smells right.
At least we watched a game, Spartans knocking off the fancied Mounties 1nil, hard fought game, end to end.

Went to Christie to see Magic vs last years Champs Stanmore, another top game to watch, Magic against run of play snagged 2 well taken goals.
Unfortunately Stanmores constant pressure grabbing 2 late goals for the draw.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 9 Mar 2020 4:09 PM
We had an interesting and frustraing afternoon at Spartans.
Arriving for the 20's game we wondered why it was so barron.
Were told later it was because a spartan 18's kid went to Epping Boys so it was decided between the clubs (Mounties) to postpone.
Thats was already a flat liner and then the usual warm up by the 20's.
Us spectators are in ready for koff and players and club officials are just hanging around were thinking wtf.
NO Ref/Linos were about !!!!!!!!
Like WTF, it's the first comp game and no officials - my head is wondering did club officials not notice refs/linos were MIA as you'd normally see them warmign up as well ?!
Were they on the mobiles to FNSW asking WTF, can you get some officials out pronto.
All were told is FNSW hadn't assigned official, I don't know what/who to believe tbh.
I absolute blood let down.
Yet 1st's had officials - something smells right.
At least we watched a game, Spartans knocking off the fancied Mounties 1nil, hard fought game, end to end.

Went to Christie to see Magic vs last years Champs Stanmore, another top game to watch, Magic against run of play snagged 2 well taken goals.
Unfortunately Stanmores constant pressure grabbing 2 late goals for the draw.

Stanmore's conditioning is really good. Check their record last year - they won a lot of games in the last 10 minutes.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yer knew that from last season and we knew Magic was going to run out of legs mid 2nd half on, they couldn't retain possesion.
It was coming.

Love Football

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
it's only a matter of time before NPL play behind closed doors, or postpone games due to the coronavirus

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)

19-SU-58 - 13 Mar 2020 9:54 AM
it's only a matter of time before NPL play behind closed doors, or postpone games due to the coronavirus

Really? How many thousands of spectators do you get at your games compared to the rest of the comp?
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

AnthonyC - 13 Mar 2020 11:22 AM
19-SU-58 - 13 Mar 2020 9:54 AM

Really? How many thousands of spectators do you get at your games compared to the rest of the comp?

nothing to do with how many spectators we get compared to other clubs.

World wide sporting organisations, events are being postponed, and it's only a matter of time before the NRL, HAL etc start doing the same.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

correct its not the numbers.
This sucks big time.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I'm a bit shocked that we are so behind. If this is as serious as people are making it out to be, sport comes a distant second to people's health.
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)Amateur (625 reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 13 Mar 2020 2:18 PM
I'm a bit shocked that we are so behind. If this is as serious as people are making it out to be, sport comes a distant second to people's health.

No gatherings of 500 or more. NPL safe as houses.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

AnthonyC - 14 Mar 2020 9:23 AM
theFOOTBALLlover - 13 Mar 2020 2:18 PM

No gatherings of 500 or more. NPL safe as houses.

Wollongong, United, Rockdale get over 500 easy, if its that much of an issue, cap the attendance at 499 people.

However, FNSW are having an emergency meeting today, and i feel they league will be postponed till April.

Post_hoc
Post_hoc
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 16 Mar 2020 8:29 AM
AnthonyC - 14 Mar 2020 9:23 AM

Wollongong, United, Rockdale get over 500 easy, if its that much of an issue, cap the attendance at 499 people.

However, FNSW are having an emergency meeting today, and i feel they league will be postponed till April.

will be interesting if this flows onto the younger teams as well, could possibly for Youth League, 
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

FFA just announced all NPL matches will be now only with coaches, players and volunteers, until further notice

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I can't find anything on the above as yet.
Damn if so.

Love Football

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

LFC. - 16 Mar 2020 10:45 AM
I can't find anything on the above as yet.
Damn if so.

was announced by the FFA this morning. 

FNSW are having a meeting tonight, and will confirm everything moving forward.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer ok thanks mate......
Hope it doesn't go down to PL2/3.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 16 Mar 2020 11:23 AM
yer ok thanks mate......
Hope it doesn't go down to PL2/3.

And NPL4. Don't forget about us! :laugh:
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 16 Mar 2020 10:20 AM
FFA just announced all NPL matches will be now only with coaches, players and volunteers, until further notice

Bummer.  Oh well. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 16 Mar 2020 1:39 PM
LFC. - 16 Mar 2020 11:23 AM

And NPL4. Don't forget about us! :laugh:

haha, yes soz mate, first season blues we're now 4.
You looking after Fraser ? or back at Rage ?

No news yet from FNSW - saying tomorrow we will know more.
https://footballnsw.com.au/2020/03/16/football-nsw-covid-19-update-monday-16th-march-2020/

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 16 Mar 2020 3:00 PM
theFOOTBALLlover - 16 Mar 2020 1:39 PM

haha, yes soz mate, first season blues we're now 4.
You looking after Fraser ? or back at Rage ?

No news yet from FNSW - saying tomorrow we will know more.
https://footballnsw.com.au/2020/03/16/football-nsw-covid-19-update-monday-16th-march-2020/

I'd never go back to Rage. Yep at Fraser.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes ok - I thought Fraser, not surprised re Rage but I just checked.
I expect you guys vying for promotion good luck mate.
Update FFA annoucement
https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/20-05-FFA-Circular-COVID-19-Update.pdf
Its systems go ahead but the known corona protocols apply by the Clubs......

Love Football

SutherlandFan
SutherlandFan
Rising Star
Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)Rising Star (882 reputation)

LFC. - 16 Mar 2020 7:08 PM
yes ok - I thought Fraser, not surprised re Rage but I just checked.
I expect you guys vying for promotion good luck mate.
Update FFA annoucement
https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/20-05-FFA-Circular-COVID-19-Update.pdf
Its systems go ahead but the known corona protocols apply by the Clubs......

There is an FFA teleconference with all state federations at 1pm today, with footballnsw and it’s associations having a teleconference at 2pm, not sure if this is mainly for local leagues or NPL but our local association is expecting the season to be postponed, the local netball, rugby league and union have all been postponed til May at least.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

This from NSFA
Dear NSFA Members,The NSFA Board met last night to respond to the COVID-19 crisis.We acknowledge the ‘Play Football registrations alert onCOVID19’ distributed by FFA yesterday, however the Board has unanimouslydecided, in line with other community sporting groups on the North Shore, topostpone all football activities, including training until Friday 1st May,2020, with immediate effect.This postponement includes Easter, Anzac and school holidayperiods.The decision will allow for six weeks of planning to deliver amodified season, which at this stage will commence at the beginning of May.The Board will monitor the evolving situation and meet at leastweekly, to consider the implications.A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guide will be published inthe coming days.Regards,Edward Ferguson

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

In PL2 we have a make up game (1st round one) tonight to play, I guess this will hinge on the teleconference today.

Love Football

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

LFC. - 17 Mar 2020 12:49 PM
In PL2 we have a make up game (1st round one) tonight to play, I guess this will hinge on the teleconference today.

wait for the official announcement later this arvo.

looks like those coaches in the firing line will be saved and will be given a minimum 4 week holiday.

wishing everyone health and safety in these troubled times.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes good point Kolner, to all us supporters keep safe and wash wash wash.
Such a bummer for us all.
Awaiting the advise - from the Clean Sheet :
The Clean Sheet
50 mins · We're hearing the next announcement will be made at 5pm advising all activity to be ceased immediately. No training for 2 weeks, games to resume in 4.

Love Football

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

All levels of football suspended till 14th April, even training.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep was just reading it.
Well I'm going off to enjoy the last game tonight.
Adding to no Euro leagues to watch on OptusSport and our seasons just starting depressing times but yes I get it.
Going to have to get to know the wife again - what a challenge I'd sooner be back on the park for I can't win at home :)

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

I'm curious to find out how games will be played in the league and cup if we do restart in April. 
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

theFOOTBALLlover - 18 Mar 2020 8:04 AM
I'm curious to find out how games will be played in the league and cup if we do restart in April. 

it's only 4 weeks of football. with those 4 fixtures you can do them midweek. 

Or, FNSW push back the GF date, and instead of playing the GF at bankwest, play it at a Marconi stadium, Edensor, Belmore etc... there are alternative solutions, but depends if the want to take it up.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

19-SU-58 - 18 Mar 2020 8:34 AM
theFOOTBALLlover - 18 Mar 2020 8:04 AM

it's only 4 weeks of football. with those 4 fixtures you can do them midweek. 

Or, FNSW push back the GF date, and instead of playing the GF at bankwest, play it at a Marconi stadium, Edensor, Belmore etc... there are alternative solutions, but depends if the want to take it up.

Don't forget the cup which is about 2-3 rounds at this time of the year. It could be 2 months of double headers for seniors. The rest of the age groups will probably get canned.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search