RIP

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
Sad that a great talent has gone so young... But... (forgive me for being blunt)... I've always been of the opinion that anyone who dies doing drugs isn't deserving of anyone's sympathy. Much sympathy for the family he's left behind.

Edited by Benjamin: 3/2/2014 10:02:19 AM

I'm more of the opinion that this applies to all death, not just selfish, self destructive death.

Couldn't help but double-take at this one.. you're saying anyone that dies in any way does not deserve sympathy (but their family still does)?

Dead people don't care that they are dead. The ones left behind do.

IMO that's a pretty awful way of looking at it.

Why?

I genuinely can't believe you can't see it.

Let's take a hypothetical scenario: 4 year old girl runs onto the road, trips over, is run over. Your view on this is you just forget the little girl whatsoever. No thoughts of "that poor thing, she had so long to live and was taken too soon. An accident has prevented that girl from living her full life. Etc" and all you think (as you've indicated in the above posts) is "those poor parents. Their child was taken from them way too young. I feel no feelings for the girl herself, because she is dead and therefore does not care what I think".

You can't see how disgusting that view is?

I actually think notorganic has reached a new low. And that takes some doing.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Fucking lol @ Notor copping hate for being a realist :lol:

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

thupercoach
thupercoach
World Class
World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
thupercoach wrote:
pv4 wrote:
thupercoach wrote:
pv4 wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
Key difference is that the little girl wasn't dancing in traffic on a regular basis, inviting the hit. Hoffman was.

I agree

I was using the example to highlight how disgusting I thought notor's views on death in general, not just "Hoffman-style" death, is. I'm in total agreeance with you Benj
The nature of addiction is such that he was unable to control his dancing in traffic.

I think that still deserves sympathy.

Edited by thupercoach: 4/2/2014 10:41:21 AM

Personally, I'm not a big fan of feeling completely sympathetic towards people addicted to things that are or were totally in their control. Particularly movie stars with drugs. There are definately exceptions, but for the most part I can't help but think they deserve it. I do feel somewhat sympathetic, but moreso I just feel like they got what was brought onto them by themselves.
I know where you're coming from but by nature addiction is outside a person's control. He may well have done countless rehab stints, who knows.

He's been in and out of rehab for the last decade. Addiction isn't outside a person's control. An addict makes a conscientious choice to consume their vice. Like...no shit, they've never heard anything bad about heroin before and just thought they'd give it a go?
By the time they're an addict they no longer have the control. As for trying it for the first time - often depression pushes people into self-destructive behaviour. No one is supporting drug taking, you just can't look at it as a black and white issue.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
Krokodil beats all.

But only the Russians would be crazy enough to even consider cooking that shit up.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

thupercoach
thupercoach
World Class
World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)World Class (8.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Krokodil beats all.

But only the Russians would be crazy enough to even consider cooking that shit up.
Worse than ice and crack?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

thupercoach wrote:
Heineken wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Krokodil beats all.

The rise of Krokodil is quite concerning. Now especially that's it's gaining popularity in America.
Just looked it up. Never heard of till now. Is it getting big here?

As far as I'm aware it's not arrived in Australia, and if it has it's still very low key. We've still got major problems with Heroin and Ice, and junkies are happy to stick to those as it's still relatively cheap.

Krokodil only became popular in Russia in the mid-late 90's because of their government cracking down on the Heroin trade. I wouldn't be surprised to see Krokodil hit our shores soon, but I don't think we'll have a major epidemic of it.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

I liked the bit where EG tried to paint me into an emotional corner using the torture and murder of my daughter.

If that happened, I would probably feel pretty sorry for myself. Likely for the rest of my life.

She wouldn't care as much.

Edited by Notorganic: 4/2/2014 08:41:36 PM
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

thupercoach wrote:
sydneyfc1987 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Krokodil beats all.

Worse than ice and crack?

By order of magnitude.

The mortality rate of Krokodil users is ridiculously high - somewhere in the 90% range.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
Sad that a great talent has gone so young... But... (forgive me for being blunt)... I've always been of the opinion that anyone who dies doing drugs isn't deserving of anyone's sympathy. Much sympathy for the family he's left behind.

I'm more of the opinion that this applies to all death, not just selfish, self destructive death.

Couldn't help but double-take at this one.. you're saying anyone that dies in any way does not deserve sympathy (but their family still does)?

Why?

Let's take a hypothetical scenario: 4 year old girl runs onto the road, trips over, is run over. Your view on this is you just forget the little girl whatsoever. No thoughts of "that poor thing, she had so long to live and was taken too soon. An accident has prevented that girl from living her full life. Etc" and all you think (as you've indicated in the above posts) is "those poor parents. Their child was taken from them way too young. I feel no feelings for the girl herself, because she is dead and therefore does not care what I think".

Nice try, but I won't feel sorry for you when your dad shoots you in the face either.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Benjamin wrote:

Why?

Nice try, but I won't feel sorry for you when your dad shoots you in the face either.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

There's a difference between being a 'realist', and being a insensitive fuckwit.

notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Heineken wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

There's a difference between being a 'realist', and being a insensitive fuckwit.

It's not insensitive to have sympathy for the loved ones of people who die.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
notorganic wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Any names you've ever called me on this forum, I'd like to rebound them back to you now. Your posts in this thread (non relating to krokodil because I haven't read those posts) are outright disgusting (there's that word again) and I hate the fact that someone who has those views actually feels validated in themselves to label OTHER people shit human beings.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

:lol:
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Any names you've ever called me on this forum, I'd like to rebound them back to you now. Your posts in this thread (non relating to krokodil because I haven't read those posts) are outright disgusting (there's that word again) and I hate the fact that someone who has those views actually feels validated in themselves to label OTHER people shit human beings.

I'm sorry that feeling empathy for people that have lost loved ones is so reprehensible to you.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
ITT: FFT Moral compass GOING HAM
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

At no stage has Notor said he would be happy about the deaths of any of the people in these ridiculous scenarios. Just stating that you feel sympathy and invest time in the people who are left behind, because that actually achieves something
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:

Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

I'm sorry that feeling empathy for people that have lost loved ones is so reprehensible to you.

Have you been taking sidestepping lessons from Mack again?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:

Fucking oath :lol:

I fail to see how anything he has said is insensitive.

-PB

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Have you been taking sidestepping lessons from Mack again?

Notorganic has truly hit a new low here.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

I still don't see how :lol:

It's a well known fact that he's an Atheist, he has no beliefs in things like the afterlife and so forth so I can see exactly where he's coming from in regards to not feeling sympathy for someone who is no longer alive.

At no point did he say to not remember them or to just disregard their lives and their achievements/failures in it like nothing had happened.

People are making this a storm in a teacup because it is notor and nothing more :lol:

-PB

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:

It's a well known fact that he's an Atheist, he has no beliefs in things like the afterlife and so forth so I can see exactly where he's coming from in regards to not feeling sympathy for someone who is no longer alive.

At no point did he say to not remember them or to just disregard their lives and their achievements/failures in it like nothing had happened.

People are making this a storm in a teacup because it is notor and nothing more :lol:

-PB

Christians and alike more often then not like to ask me the question "So where do you think you go when you die?" The look on their face as they process the response "the same place you were before you were conceived" is priceless, some even have to ask, "where's that?"
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

No, This is Patrick
pv4
pv4
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
Defending him because it is notor and nothing more :lol:

-PB

ftfy

This isn't about the afterlife, about talking to dead people or something like that, isn't about any of that bs. Feeling sympathy for the people who out-live the dead person is good, and normal. But to just straight up say no emotions/feelings go to the actual person that died is just wrong.

I just keep thinking back to the hypothetical scenario I posted a page or two ago, and can't help but think anyone who thinks that way is an insensitive so-and-so. Apparently, according to the "realists", it's not cool or worth the time to even remotely feel some form of emotion for the person who died because of the opportunities, achievements, etc that they will miss out on because they're no longer alive. The "realists" don't even invest the time to think "he/she could have done this, he/she would have lived an amazing life if they had done that" or anything remotely close to it.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

pv4 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

ftfy

This isn't about the afterlife, about talking to dead people or something like that, isn't about any of that bs. Feeling sympathy for the people who out-live the dead person is good, and normal. But to just straight up say no emotions/feelings go to the actual person that died is just wrong.

I just keep thinking back to the hypothetical scenario I posted a page or two ago, and can't help but think anyone who thinks that way is an insensitive so-and-so. Apparently, according to the "realists", it's not cool or worth the time to even remotely feel some form of emotion for the person who died because of the opportunities, achievements, etc that they will miss out on because they're no longer alive. The "realists" don't even invest the time to think "he/she could have done this, he/she would have lived an amazing life if they had done that" or anything remotely close to it.

I think your way of thinking is much more selfish and callous by the way of heaping misery on grieving people.

You've hit a new low etc.
pv4
pv4
Legend

notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

ftfy

I think your way of thinking is much more selfish and callous by the way of heaping misery on grieving people.

You've hit a new low etc.

If someone in your life died, and you felt sorry for yourself because you missed that person (and did not feel any emotions for the person who died) is that not the selfish way of looking at it?
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Any emotions felt are your own emotions. You can perceive other people's emotions, but not feel them.

Dead people aren't emotional at all.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
pv4 wrote:
notorganic wrote:
Benjamin wrote:

Why?

That's ok, the forum won't feel anything when something macabre happens to your daughter too. After all, " anyone who dies...isn't deserving of anyone's sympathy."
pv4
pv4
Legend

notorganic wrote:
Any emotions felt are your own emotions. You can perceive other people's emotions, but not feel them.

Dead people aren't emotional at all.

I'm struggling to understand this post & how it applies to this conversation (particularly the bit about being selfish). Congrats on providing the brainhurt for the day.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search