NPL- Queensland Conference

NPL- Queensland Conference

Author
passandmove
Amateur
Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Redlands Utd, Sunshine Coast Fire and Brisbane Strikers should be in the mix for the title.
My tip Redlands great football side with talent, youth and a very good coach.

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

passandmove wrote:
Redlands Utd, Sunshine Coast Fire and Brisbane Strikers should be in the mix for the title.

Any of the teams still trialing?
passandmove
passandmove
Amateur
Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)

krones3 wrote:
passandmove wrote:

Any of the teams still trialing?

not sure
KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Off the Palmy facebook: APL Men are at Redlands today in a Tournament, so far they have won 2 - 1 against Brisbane Olympic, Drew 1-1 with Vanuatu but won in penalties and have just beat Redlands 2-1. Didn't go as none of us knew the match was on. Still waiting for the fixtures...

Hello

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

FT08 wrote:
Reply from FQ.

The APL draw is completed and, whilst it has been released to the participating clubs, has not been released to the public as Football Federation Australia are just finalising the logo and marketing collateral material.

The first matches are on the weekend on 8/9/10 March and then for the next 21 weeks except for Easter. Hope this helps at the moment.

Edited by FT08: 27/1/2013 09:35:06 AM

I eagerly await to see how badly they fucked this up.

Edited by TheSelectFew: 12/2/2013 10:24:42 PM

KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Draw out tomorrow according to Western Pride's facebook.

Hello

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

KenGooner_GCU wrote:

Coincides with Gallop's announcement.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Quote:
Wide Bay Revolution Football Club :cringe:
28 minutes ago via Mobile
Our Under 20s have beaten Kawungan Sandy Straits Jets first division 1-0. The goal was scored by Justin Weise.

The Under 18s beat Jets second division 9-0. Goals were scored by Luke Murphy, Coen Sealey x 2, Adam Young x 3 and Phoyx-Martin Smith x 3.

Well done boys. Thank you the Jets for making themselves available and to everyone who came to support both clubs tonight.

Quote:

Olympic Football Club
OLYMPIC WIN!!! Olympic 3 (Fisk, Bryne x2) Rochedale 2!

Facebook giving me sneaky updates.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
KenGooner_GCU wrote:

Coincides with Gallop's announcement.

-PB

It was related to the NCR...

GCU - Brisbane Branch
GCU - Brisbane Branch
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)

C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

\:d/

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Rename the thread when you can Ken :cool:

-PB

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Dat rename.

KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro

The fixtures! Fucking finally.

Hello

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

KenGooner_GCU wrote:

25th of May; Strikers at home \:d/

-PB

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Would 3-5k average attendance be a difficult achievement?

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:

For one club?

Yeah.

-PB

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

For one club?

Yeah.

-PB

What would you set as a target then. Some of these clubs have NSL past...

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

GCU - Brisbane Branch wrote:
C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

Why aren't the QAS playing out of Qe2? Would've made going to games very easy for me. :(
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

Why aren't the QAS playing out of Qe2? Would've made going to games very easy for me. :(

You support Roar...

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

You support Roar...

Yes I do, but I'd like to see football in this state doing well. Seeing as I live about ten minutes down the road from QE2 it would've made going to some of these matches much easier.
KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

You support Roar...

Yes I do, but I'd like to see football in this state doing well. Seeing as I live about ten minutes down the road from QE2 it would've made going to some of these matches much easier.

Loads of people support lower league sides.

Anyway, Strikers has NSL history against the Roar and the Brisbane Branch guy as I'm guessing you know him probably didn't want to support the enemy ahead of his beloved Strikers. So he picked GCU! Us GCU lads who are going to Palmy will have common ground with the Strikers lot. We hate the Roar!

Hello

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

KenGooner_GCU wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

You support Roar...

Anyway, Strikers has NSL history against the Roar and the Brisbane Branch guy as I'm guessing you know him probably didn't want to support the enemy ahead of his beloved Strikers. So he picked GCU! Us GCU lads who are going to Palmy will have common ground with the Strikers lot. We hate the Roar!

This sounds better than 2 teams.

GCU - Brisbane Branch
GCU - Brisbane Branch
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)Hardcore Fan (283 reputation)

KenGooner_GCU wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
[quote=GCU - Brisbane Branch]C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

You support Roar...

Anyway, Strikers has NSL history against the Roar and the Brisbane Branch guy as I'm guessing you know him probably didn't want to support the enemy ahead of his beloved Strikers. So he picked GCU! Us GCU lads who are going to Palmy will have common ground with the Strikers lot. We hate the Roar![/quote]

Spot on my friend!

Looking forward to the season ahead. Especially being able to see more games live compared to recent QSL seasons. The Strikers have suffered some big losses from last years squad. Gone are John Costello, Chris Di Sipio, Sean Burke, Josh Searle, Ryan Mottin and worst of all (from what I was told tonight) Lorenzo Sipi. Time will tell how the new lads gel. But I'm confident the Strikers will be there or thereabouts.

For your info the Strikers went through to the semi finals of Brisbane's traditional Silver Boot pre-season tournament tonight after defeating 2012 Brisbane Premier League Grand Final winners Wolves FC 5-4 on pens. Ended 1-1 at full time.

deejay
deejay
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

i wonder when our saviour Danny Gecic will return to the NPL?

He's probably off in Europe somewhere earning incomprehensible amounts of money.

maninorange
maninorange
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)

It appears that the Roar NYL team will be competing in the NPL instead of the QAS.

Last paragraph in the link below:

link

With Mulvey also questioning the development of Brisbane's younger players, it appears Roar youth team coach John Sime could also be shown the door.

Sime's logical replacement would be current Queensland Academy of Sport coach Josh McCloughan, particularly with Brisbane's youth side set to replace the QAS in the newly formed National Premier League winter competition.

biped
biped
Fan
Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
C'MON THE STRIKERS!!!!

Why not Palm Beach?

QE2 is only the training venue for QAS. Games are played at Meakin Park at Logan. I believe it has something to do with not having canteen facilities there (although they have the best canteen facilities in Brisbane, they just don't want to pay for them).

Been to a few games over the past weeks including Silver Boot, Redlands 20/20 and Olympic v Malaysia U23's. In my opinion:

Strikers - Will remain a quality outfit but could lose some grunt if Thurtell makes the jump to Senior A League. He has only been playing in Roar Youth for the last 3 games but been rolling through that like a knife through butter. Dave Large seems to get the best out of these guys on a regular basis so should continue to feature at the top of the table.

Olympic - Strengthened their coaching staff with Tim Brown from Rochedale, but can see future friction there with the existing coach in the future. Hope I'm wrong but time will tell. Player roster has also been improved on paper but of the newcomers, only Smits looks to be switched on. Mundy looks a disinterested player. Qlympic looking to bring through youth players and there seems to be some good lads there that may make their mark by years end.

Palm Beach - started the 20/20 comp at Redlands a little bit shaky but I believe that they have a few new players on board. By the end of the day looked much better and I think will be a real contender in the NPL. See that they still have a few players running about from their Brisbane Premier League days.

Brisbane City - City have a new Coaching structure overseen by a young guy named Daniel Pennisi who I think will go onto bigger and better things. Seems to have bought in a lot of players but the quality is over a wide range. Seem to have picked up a lot of good younger players. On the performances I have seen to date they are still missing something. Could see a lot of those younger players coming through this year in a similar vein to Olympic.

Sunny Coast Fire - Have lost Holmes and Dakota to melbourne and Shaun Blackman has retired. Whilst being competitive, can't see them being as dominate as they have been over recent years.

Moreton Bay United - Have not seen them play as yet as they seem to be trying to slide under the radar, however they have a very good coach in Terry Kirkham and have picked up a lot of very reasonable BPL Players. Could be a side to watch out for.

Western Spirit - only seen the one game against BPL Premiers Wolves, but would think that Casey Wherman may be able to get the best out of them. Hopefully will get support from a very proud football area in Ipswich.

QAS - Based on performance of the Roar Youth Team this year, would have to think that the QAS is going to struggle again. A couple of very good players but only a couple and they seem to have long term injury problems most of the time. Coaching staff seem to be their downfall, however, I noted yesterday that one was being tipped to replace John Sime as youth coach at the roar.

Redlands - Have a great coach in Matt Chandler and some of the best drilled players (didn't say best players) in Qld. Were quality in BPL last year and think that they will carry that form over to this year.

Good luck to all teams this year.

Edited by biped: 17/2/2013 10:20:54 AM

Edited by biped: 17/2/2013 10:24:33 AM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Having just been to Townsville, and having had a soft spot for them since the A-League, I'm going to start following the Fury. Does anybody know if they're going to be doing Members packages? Might be a nice investment.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

FT08
FT08
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Having just been to Townsville, and having had a soft spot for them since the A-League, I'm going to start following the Fury. Does anybody know if they're going to be doing Members packages? Might be a nice investment.

Heard nothing at this stage. Try this email GM@northernfury.com.au or their FB page. Have to say information has been lacking from the club. Hopefully now after the FFA announcement this improves.

Edited by FT08: 18/2/2013 07:17:37 AM
FT08
FT08
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

maninorange wrote:
It appears that the Roar NYL team will be competing in the NPL instead of the QAS.

link

With Mulvey also questioning the development of Brisbane's younger players, it appears Roar youth team coach John Sime could also be shown the door.

Sime's logical replacement would be current Queensland Academy of Sport coach Josh McCloughan, particularly with Brisbane's youth side set to replace the QAS in the newly formed National Premier League winter competition.

In regards to the draw it is now Roar and not QAS? Where are they playing out of?
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

FT08 wrote:
maninorange wrote:

link

In regards to the draw it is now Roar and not QAS? Where are they playing out of?

in what comp are QAS playing then?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search