NPL- Queensland Conference

NPL- Queensland Conference

Author
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
aussieshorter wrote:
krones3 wrote:
it has to be a representative side v the fury for the right to play in the NPL. you will get lots of haters turn up just to see fury humiliated.

Why does it have to be a representative side? Why can't it be one of the other local sides vs the Fury? Which is exactly what my suggestion does - it gives any club the chance to build a team and fight for promotion.

It sounds like (for you at least) it's not about having a team that you can support. It's about seeing the Fury fail. If that's all it is, go and support one of the teams in the local premier league...

You miss my point, If it was a local prem side it would most likely be mine that wins, but a lot of people would not support my team over there own team so we would have no more local support than the few hundred that go to watch local games now. the fury have no one go to there games. So we need a team the whole town can get behind (other wise what is the point) we would just be wasting everyone's time. (just like we are Now) i want a team to support in the npl like all of townsville do.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

krones3 wrote:
aussieshorter wrote:
krones3 wrote:
it has to be a representative side v the fury for the right to play in the NPL. you will get lots of haters turn up just to see fury humiliated.

Why does it have to be a representative side? Why can't it be one of the other local sides vs the Fury? Which is exactly what my suggestion does - it gives any club the chance to build a team and fight for promotion.

It sounds like (for you at least) it's not about having a team that you can support. It's about seeing the Fury fail. If that's all it is, go and support one of the teams in the local premier league...

You miss my point, If it was a local prem side it would most likely be mine that wins, but a lot of people would not support my team over there own team so we would have no more local support than the few hundred that go to watch local games now. the fury have no one go to there games. So we need a team the whole town can get behind (other wise what is the point) we would just be wasting everyone's time. (just like we are Now) i want a team to support in the npl like all of townsville do.

Ok, well that's not necessarily the aim of the system I suggested, which is more about creating a clear development pathway that includes every club in the state. You're talking about wanting to fix a single club, but my comments are about football in Queensland. There will always be issues at a few individual clubs - let's think about the bigger picture.

What you're asking for (giving everyone a team to support) is basically what the current system does. The clubs that were given licenses were selected largely based on geographic spread. None of it's based on merit/performance, and it locks out other clubs.

You do realise that you already have exactly what you're asking for in Northern Fury (a club that represents the area)? If all you really wanted was a club in the NPL to support, you'd support Fury. If all you cared about was watching NPL football, you'd watch Fury games (whether you agree with what the people managing the club are doing or not). Your problem seems to be with the way the club is run (and those who are running it) - an issue that is guaranteed to happen again, either in Townsville or elsewhere (Brisbane clubs not excluded). And then what? We keep replacing teams when the locals decide they don't like those in charge anymore?

krones3 wrote:
So we need a team the whole town can get behind (other wise what is the point) we would just be wasting everyone's time.

The point of the NPL isn't just about creating well-supported clubs. What additional benefits would a new North Qld team bring that Fury doesn't (and that an existing Premier League team couldn't if promoted)?

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:
krones3 wrote:
aussieshorter wrote:
krones3 wrote:

Ok, well that's not necessarily the aim of the system I suggested, which is more about creating a clear development pathway that includes every club in the state. You're talking about wanting to fix a single club, but my comments are about football in Queensland. There will always be issues at a few individual clubs - let's think about the bigger picture.

What you're asking for (giving everyone a team to support) is basically what the current system does. The clubs that were given licenses were selected largely based on geographic spread. None of it's based on merit/performance, and it locks out other clubs.

You do realise that you already have exactly what you're asking for in Northern Fury (a club that represents the area)? If all you really wanted was a club in the NPL to support, you'd support Fury. If all you cared about was watching NPL football, you'd watch Fury games (whether you agree with what the people managing the club are doing or not). Your problem seems to be with the way the club is run (and those who are running it) - an issue that is guaranteed to happen again, either in Townsville or elsewhere (Brisbane clubs not excluded). And then what? We keep replacing teams when the locals decide they don't like those in charge anymore?

krones3 wrote:
So we need a team the whole town can get behind (other wise what is the point) we would just be wasting everyone's time.

The point of the NPL isn't just about creating well-supported clubs. What additional benefits would a new North Qld team bring that Fury doesn't (and that an existing Premier League team couldn't if promoted)?

Ok good points however
Not every state nor club treats the NPL as a Development Pathway
No one will go week in week out to watch a development pathway
The fury is a plastic club pushed onto townsville with no consultation.
but you are right
the only thing is i have never seen the present system working in any other country.
I have never seen a code-zone-state turn so many of its core supporters against the game

Just 1 question
regardless of my opinions, prejudices or beliefs. Do you really think a club-league -game can survive if no one goes to the game? I mean if it was just me why is no one going? Do you really think that it is the fault of the supporters?
Yeh i know thats 3 questions
But fury may as well play all their games in the south and save everyone a lot of money

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

krones3 wrote:
Ok good points however
Not every state nor club treats the NPL as a Development Pathway
No one will go week in week out to watch a development pathway
The fury is a plastic club pushed onto townsville with no consultation.
but you are right
the only thing is i have never seen the present system working in any other country.
I have never seen a code-zone-state turn so many of its core supporters against the game

Just 1 question
regardless of my opinions, prejudices or beliefs. Do you really think a club-league -game can survive if no one goes to the game? I mean if it was just me why is no one going? Do you really think that it is the fault of the supporters?
Yeh i know thats 3 questions
But fury may as well play all their games in the south and save everyone a lot of money

Development pathway was not the right choice of words. What I meant by that is that it would create a clear pyramid so there is no ambiguity about which is the top tier, the second, and the rest. One problem with the NPL at the moment, is that the NPL and the Brisbane Premier League are arguably around the same quality. Not so important to the regional clubs, but for Brisbane it means that the best players are split across more teams in different leagues. The best are not always playing the best every week. That needs to change.

In fact, I'd say the current NPL is just as much about being a 'development pathway' at the moment - hand picking teams based on locations, regardless of how competitive (or well-supported) they are.

And to answer your question - if a club is not engaging its community and people are not going to the game, then they will struggle to survive at the higher levels (not so much a problem at lower regional levels - clubs like this exist all around the country). But that's the point of promotion and relegation. If a club is failing (financially due to poor support, performance-wise, not able to recruit the best players, etc.) they will organically drop out of the league, to be replaced by better clubs.

But they shouldn't just be replaced by another club from the same location by simply handing them a license. I'm all for replacing them with the best clubs (financially, performance wise, support wise, most ambitious) regardless of where they are located - subject to them meeting the criteria, whatever they are. We want to give those sorts of clubs the incentive to progress.

krones3
krones3
Pro

Quote:
Football Queensland - NPL
Jeskey Joins Fire

Sunshine Coast FC
Words: Sam Attwood

Sunshine Coast FC has boosted its midfield with the signing of American import Drew Jeskey as Fire looks to continue building momentum for a late season push.

Jeskey joins Fire from fellow PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues club Gold Coast City, where he made seven appearances this year after switching from Fight Centre Premier League outfit Mitchelton FC

The 27-year-old Chicago native has also played abroad for Sporting Kristina in Finland’s third-tier league, Kakkonen, in 2014.

Jeskey credits Fire coach Sam Saif as the deciding factor in his choice to join the club, having played under Saif at Mitchelton FC.

“I wish I could have come in earlier in the season, Sam was a big part of my decision to come to the Coast,” he said.

“You just need to look at Sam’s teams; he brings out the best in his players and makes them work at 100 percent.”

Jeskey has been training with Fire for the several weeks while awaiting visa clearance and has taken the time to get a feel for the team.

“Everyone has been very helping and welcoming, the past couple of games have been very good to watch and the team has been getting better each week,” Jeskey concluded.

So I am not for or against this i am just saying this is a team that wants to win. I can see both points of view over the development of locals and the opportunities to play with better players.
Edited
8 Years Ago by krones3
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Im for it

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I just noticed that FNQ Heat (Cairns) are leading the QLD NPL.That seems to be a huge effort considering the amount of travel south.At the same time FURY and PRIDE representing the potential next HAL expansion areas are rock bottom.
What are HEAT doing as a club that has produced such a great season.Do they have more money?
Edited
8 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe wrote:
I just noticed that FNQ Heat (Cairns) are leading the QLD NPL.That seems to be a huge effort considering the amount of travel south.At the same time FURY and PRIDE representing the potential next HAL expansion areas are rock bottom.
What are HEAT doing as a club that has produced such a great season.Do they have more money?

They don't have politics and related bullshit.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by paulbagzFC
Proud Dad
Proud Dad
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)Hardcore Fan (240 reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
crimsoncrusoe wrote:

-PB

I'm sure they have politics & BS, it's probably easier to manage while they sit at the pointy end and have sponsorship $$$, in my opinion.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Proud Dad
krones3
krones3
Pro

Proud Dad wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
crimsoncrusoe wrote:

-PB

I'm sure they have politics & BS, it's probably easier to manage while they sit at the pointy end and have sponsorship $$$, in my opinion.

well one thing cairns have is a private academe and a heat academe that can get along. unlike townsville. this means the best players can be selected not the chosen few.
Edited
8 Years Ago by krones3
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Big game this weekend with a livestream to boot!

-PB

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

Live Stream - game on now:

Mery Alpes
Mery Alpes
Under 7s
Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)

It's about RIO 2016 summer season, I have found the very useful link about and as I think sharing is caring so decided to share with you, specially for those who do not have access to watch games.
clivesundies
clivesundies
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Brisbane strikers champions 2016.
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

NPL Queensland Finals Series dates confirmed,

Semi Final #2:
Saturday August 27th 6.30pm Gold Coast City v Far North Queensland Heat at Barlow Park

Semi Final #1:
Sunday August 28th 6.00pm Brisbane Strikers v Redlands United at Perry Park

Grand Final:
Saturday September 3rd 6.30pm at Perry Park

And Everyone Blamed Clive
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Fisticuffs &

a shit Palmy pitch so everyones gotta fly north

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Edited
8 Years Ago by View from the fence
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Brenton1986 - 22 Aug 2016 8:19 PM

NPL Queensland Finals Series dates confirmed,

Semi Final #2:
Saturday August 27th 6.30pm Gold Coast City v Far North Queensland Heat at Barlow Park

Semi Final #1:
Sunday August 28th 6.00pm Brisbane Strikers v Redlands United at Perry Park

Grand Final:
Saturday September 3rd 6.30pm at Perry Park

And then NPL Championship, sah keeeen

-PB

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

View from the fence - 24 Aug 2016 12:56 PM
Fisticuffs &

a shit Palmy pitch so everyones gotta fly north

Gold Coast City ordered by Football Queensland to play NPL Queensland final in CairnsTerry Wilson, Gold Coast BulletinAugust 24, 2016 12:00amFOOTBALL Queensland has delivered a significant blow to Gold Coast City on the eve of the National Premier ­Leagues Queensland finals.Soccer’s state administration has ordered City to play a knockout semi-final against Far North Queensland in Cairns on Saturday night after declaring the playing surface of City’s home ground at Mallawa Drive not up to standard.City officials had already accepted that the Duncan McKenzie Field surface is not good and had sought an alternative finals venue at the Runaway Bay Super Sports Centre.However, Football Queensland did not grant that option and instead went ahead and booked flights and accommodation a fortnight ago.Gold Coast City finished the preliminary rounds in ­second place on the ladder, ahead of FNQ, which usually warrants a home semi-final.Originally City were to fly north on match morning. But FQ waved the olive branch yesterday and committed to cover extra costs of a Friday- night flight if City could put up $1000 towards the extra ­expenses.“Yes, it is true that we booked flights and accommodation last week,” FQ chief executive Geoff Foster said.“We booked the flights ­because we made the decision to play the game in Cairns and that was made a fortnight ago.“They (City) were never going to play at home.“What you are ignoring is that we made it very clear at the start of the season that it’s our prerogative to allocate games and we will do that based on what we think presents the best showplace for the game.“Is it fair? Yes, it is.“We were severely chastised by the football community for playing a final at a substandard venue there ­(Mallawa Drive) last year.“So we weren’t going to make that mistake again.“It’s unfortunate for the club; they’ve put a lot of work in. And it’s regrettable that it’s not up to standard but we had to make a decision.”It is believed City hope to persuade franchise holder Palm Beach Soccer Club to cough up the extra money to be able to fly to Cairns on ­Friday.Coach Grae Piddick is understandably bitterly disappointed by the decision but was reluctant to comment too much.A club insider said he heard that FQ made contact with Piddick yesterday and told him to be careful what he says to the media.“Clearly I’m very disappointed that we don’t have a home final so now we just have to concentrate on the game, and use this as motivation to win,” Piddick said.Palm Beach Soccer Club general manager Rob Morris said that on Saturday night, after City beat Sunshine Coast 5-2, everybody was waiting for the FNQ-South West Queensland score to confirm City had finished second.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/local-sport/gold-coast-city-ordered-by-football-queensland-to-play-npl-queensland-final-in-cairns/news-story/63a9ca8f647fad0a617ea711b65900fc

pfft

Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

NPL Queensland Grand Final:
Saturday September 3rd 6.30pm Far North Queensland Heat v Redlands United at Perry Park
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

Posted by Marco Monteverde on twitter.

This is great news, and what Queensland football needs.  Not sure about the name (what's wrong with NPL2?) and many won't be happy with the promotion/relegation mechanism that includes results from other grades, but it's a step in the right direction. 

Strikers94
Strikers94
Super Fan
Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)

Excellent.
krones3
krones3
Pro

What happens to the pathway? Do npl2 teams get an opportunity for selection into the state teams.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

krones3 - 12 Dec 2016 3:03 PM
What happens to the pathway? Do npl2 teams get an opportunity for selection into the state teams.

You'd think these sorts of questions will have to be answered in the next month and a half.  Expressions of Interest are due by 31 January 2017, and it'd be harsh to expect clubs to commit to something they don't fully understand.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if we don't see most of the ambitious clubs from Brisbane put their name forward.  Five years ago the NPL was a new concept and many were still getting over the issues with the Queensland State League.  This time it's clear that the NPL has been taken up all around the country as the 2nd tier of football.  With another five year licence period, the clubs won't want to miss out.  Not to mention the travel cost for SEQ clubs is capped at $10k, which helps keep costs manageable.

I'll be interested to see how many regional clubs apply.  Bundaberg? Another Townsville?  Rockhampton?  It's certainly very exciting.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

Former Socceroo John McCain has signed for newly promoted club Souths United for the 2017 Brisbane Premier League season.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Thats fantastic

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

Applications to the 2018 NPL/QPL are due today (unless something has changed).  I haven't heard any rumours about which clubs have/haven't applied unfortunately. 

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aussieshorter - 28 Feb 2017 4:23 PM
Applications to the 2018 NPL/QPL are due today (unless something has changed).  I haven't heard any rumours about which clubs have/haven't applied unfortunately. 

When will we find out?

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

TheSelectFew - 28 Feb 2017 5:46 PM
aussieshorter - 28 Feb 2017 4:23 PM

When will we find out?

Officially, probably not until the successful teams are announced by Football Queensland in early May.

At this stage I'd be more interested in which teams have applied, and maybe more interesting would be which teams haven't.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aussieshorter - 28 Feb 2017 8:46 PM
TheSelectFew - 28 Feb 2017 5:46 PM

Officially, probably not until the successful teams are announced by Football Queensland in early May.

At this stage I'd be more interested in which teams have applied, and maybe more interesting would be which teams haven't.

All three scenarios.

Those who bid and got in, bid and rejected and did not bid and why.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

PS4 NPL QUEENSLAND SET FOR EXPANSION, PROMOTION-RELEGATION IN 2018

[Images: Patrick Kearney/Football Queensland]

More Queenslanders than ever before will have the chance to play at a semi-professional level with Football Queensland today announcing a significant expansion of the state’s elite player pathway.

On the back of Thursday’s official confirmation of football as Australia’s number one club-based participation sport, Football Queensland has made an historic move to introduce a new 14-team second tier competition beneath the PlayStation® 4 National Premier Leagues (NPL) Queensland.

Set to launch in 2018, the competition will be known as the Queensland Premier League (QPL) and will enable promotion and relegation between the state’s top two tiers.

PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland, which launched in 2013, will also be expanded from 12 to 14 teams in 2018.

The bottom two PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland clubs as calculated by the combined final placings of Senior, Under-20, Under-18 and Under-16 teams will be relegated each year and replaced by the top two QPL clubs determined by the same points system.

The groundbreaking developments follow wide-ranging feedback from players, coaches, parents, clubs, Football Federation Australia and further stakeholders and are based on the recommendations of a dedicated review committee.

redlands-united-grand-final-celebration-pk-fq

Clubs across the state will be welcome to submit expressions of interest prior to a formal application process with 2017 marking the final season of PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland’s inaugural five-year licence period.

Football Queensland Chief Executive Officer Geoff Foster described the expansion as a landmark moment for the game.

“This is a major investment towards realising football’s potential in Queensland,” Foster said.

“Our sport is Australia’s number one choice for adults and children and we are striving to provide them with the best opportunity to achieve their ambition.

“The review committee examined several models for growth through the next licence period and has decided it is the right time to broaden the elite opportunities for participants and clubs.

“Strengthening the commercial potential of the game will also provide considerable benefits to the entire football community.”

In addition to gaining greater aspirational opportunities, junior players will also benefit from an increase in Skill Acquisition Program licences to 20 from 2018.

The chance to run a Skill Acquisition Program will be offered as a standalone licence and open to applications from all clubs and Zones throughout the state.

A review of the PlayStation 4 NPL Queensland Women’s competition will take place in early 2017 and will inform decisions on the final structure for the 2018 season onwards.

INFORMATION FOR CLUBS

http://www.footballqueensland.com.au/football-queensland-announces-major-ps4-npl-queensland/

PLAYSTATION 4 NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES 

This document provides information regarding the past, present and future status of the PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Queensland to assist clubs during the 2018 licence application period.

BACKGROUND

Announced in 2012 as a direct outcome of Football Federation Australia’s National Competition Review, the National Premier Leagues were introduced in 2013 as a new nationwide second tier designed to drive the development of state-based clubs. 
Composed of junior, youth and senior competitions, the National Premier Leagues operate in each Member Federation under a single national banner.
PlayStation 4 has held the position of naming rights sponsor since 2014 and will continue until at least the end of the 2017 National Premier Leagues Finals Series.

STRATEGIC PURPOSE

The primary objective of the National Premier Leagues is to raise the standards of football in Australia both on and off the pitch.
Improvements in player development, administration, facilities and the financial and commercial position of clubs are high among the key outcomes.
Consistency across the top leagues of each Member Federation supports these aims and helps to recognise the role that State League clubs play in developing talent and advancing the sport. In Queensland, the National Premier Leagues unites the football community towards these goals.

NATIONAL COMPOSITION

Eight of Football Federation Australia’s nine Member Federations manage their local National Premier Leagues division. Each state-based division is supported by a junior development model consisting of several age groups.
This provides an essential element of the elite player pathway in identifying and preparing talented youth for National Youth Championships and National Training Centre squads, Hyundai A-League club academies and youth international selection. 
At senior level, the National Premier Leagues act as Australia’s national second tier underpinning the Hyundai A-League.
The premiers of each Member Federation’s competition additionally compete in an end-of-season Finals Series to determine the PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Champions of Australia.

PLAYSTATION 4 NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES IN QUEENSLAND 

STRATEGIC DIRECTION

Expanding the National Premier Leagues in Queensland and introducing a dynamic new element in promotion and relegation is a further realisation of the competition’s original strategic purpose.  
These bold moves are motivated by a desire to increase the competition’s commercial potential within Queensland, incentivise clubs to improve their professionalism, broaden the development pathways to identify more elite young players and provide a stronger platform for greater government support. 

PRESENT

At present, a total of 12 clubs compete across PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Queensland’s junior, youth and senior age groups.The Skill Acquisition Program offers opportunities for players aged U10/11 to progress through to the senior level of PS4 NPL. 

FUTURE

The PS4NPL review and application process for licences commencing 2018 will see the NPL Women’s licence uncoupled from the NPL licence. It will also see the Skill Acquisition Program (SAP) licence introduced as a stand alone licence from the NPL and provide the option for either a Male and/or Female licence. Applicants can apply for 1 licence alone or 1 licence from each category (PS4NPL Mens, SAP Male or SAP Female). The period for each licence is 5 years, commencing in 2018. 
The model would see Queensland expand the competition to a 14-team National Premier Leagues Queensland competition with the introduction of a second-tier 14-team Queensland Premier League featuring promotion and relegation between the primary and secondary divisions.

NPL PROMOTION / RELEGATION MODEL

PS4NPLQLD

QPL

Bottom two Top two clubs clubs in in
championship championship rankings rankings relegated from promoted
PS4NPLQLD to from QPL to
QPL PS4NPLQLD

The Skill Acquisition Program will offer an expansion of age groups to U9, U10, U11 and U12 and participation in the Queensland Junior Premier League. More details on these changes can be found in the Skill Acquisition Program information pack.

TEAM COMPOSITION

Both PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues Queensland and Queensland Premier League licensees must have the following team compositions: Senior Mens, Under 20, Under 18, Under 16, Under 15, Under 14 and Under 13.
Subject to a successful application, FNQFC Heat and NQ Fury, are exempt from this provision until the commencement of the 2020 season.

FINANCE

Football Queensland will invoice the Applicant for:
•       Licence Fee will be NIL for 2018 but will be subject to annual review by the Football Queensland Board. Any licence for subsequent years of the licence period will be set to assist to defray the costs of administration of the relevant League in which the licence holder is participating; but in any event it will be no greater than $10,000 per licence in any one year.
•       Travel contribution capped at $10,000 per SEQ licence and $20,000 per Regional licence
•       Player Registration and Competition Fees
•       Match Officials (see 2017 fee schedule as an indicative advise only) 
•       Contribution to Videographer costs – currently $110 per game and will be reviewed annually.
These accounts are to be paid within 14 days.
Effective as at 1st January 2018, Football Queensland will not be providing the Technical Director funding Subsidy.
The 2017 Match Official fees are listed below: 
Competition
Referee
Assistant
Assistant
4th Official
TOTAL

Male

Senior
$475.00
Youth
N/A
$212.00
U18
N/A
$160.00
U16
N/A
$116.00
U15
N/A
$106.00
U14
N/A
$95.00
U13
N/A
$85.00
U12
N/A
$74.00

Female

Women
N/A
$212.00
U17
N/A
$160.00
U15
N/A
$106.00
U13
N/A
$85.00

KEY DATES

Should your club be interested in expressing an interest in participating in the league, please see key dates below:
•       12th December 2016 Expression of Interest open
•       31st January 2017 Expressions of Interest close
•       1st February 2017 Applications are sent to those who lodged an Expression of Interest
•       28th  February 2017 Applications close
•       1st March 2017 Football Queensland to begin assessing the applications
•       28th April  2017 Football Queensland to notify successful applicants 
•       5th May 2017 Football Queensland to make an official announcement of successful applicants
An Expression of Interest Form must be completed by the club/entity and forwarded to NPLLicencing@footballqueensland.com.au by the due date. 
���z2D

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST                       

This expression of interest form represents the first stage in the application process for the 2018 PS4 NPL Men’s, SAP Male or SAP Female. This form must be filled out in full and submitted to NPLLicensing@footballqueensland.com.au by 5pm Tuesday 31st January 2017, EOIs received after this time will not be considered. Following this you will be sent a copy of the relevant Application Form / Accreditation Criteria on the 1st February 2017. Please note, no contract will be formed solely on your submission of an EOI or subsequent participation in the application process.

LICENCE EXPRESSING INTEREST IN

PS4 NPL Mens                 SAP Male             SAP Female  

PROPOSED CLUB/ENTITY DETAILS

Full Club/Entity Name:                                                                                                                      Club Playing Name:                                                                                                                        

Club Venue Address: __________________________________________________________________ 
     Suburb:                                                                                               Post Code: ___________________
Postal Address: _______________________________________________________________________
     Suburb:                                                                                               Post Code: ___________________
Club Email: ___________________________________________________________________________ Key Club Contacts
Name: ___________________________________________  Phone:______________________________ Email: ________________________________________________________________________________ Name: ___________________________________________  Phone:______________________________ Email: ________________________________________________________________________________
Have you (Please tick):
                   Read the 2018 Information Pack
                   Discussed the EOI at board/committee level and had it approved by the board/committee

CLUB / ENTITY SIGN OFF

Name: _______________________________________ Position:                                                                                                                                                                                
Signature: ____________________________________________ 
      Name: _______________________________________ Position:                                                                        
Signature: ____________________________________________ 
����������,K�;

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search