Australia and abroad: Terrace culture

Australia and abroad: Terrace culture

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Melbourne v Heart

Dec 2012

[youtube]zNjS3xFV8mA[/youtube]

Edited by TheSelectFew: 2/3/2013 06:36:09 PM

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Heineken wrote:
I wonder how long it's gonna take before TSF gets bored of this thread. :-k
That's what I used to think about Joffa.

So...I take it we can all just create threads to spam and boost our post count then?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Heineken wrote:
I wonder how long it's gonna take before TSF gets bored of this thread. :-k
That's what I used to think about Joffa.

So...I take it we can all just create threads to spam and boost our post count then?

You must lead a sad life if your worth is valued by 442 post numbers.

Just sayin'.

This thread is to combat a negative perception of active supporters in recent times. I topic of which I am passionate about.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
This thread is to combat a negative perception of active supporters in recent times. I topic of which I am passionate about.

Which is why you're posting consecutive posts constantly.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
This thread does not affect anyone in any way shape or form, unless they make the conscious choice to open it.

If you don't like it, don't open it. Simple.
KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Risk assessment anyone?
[youtube]5iqXaVfX7o8[/youtube]
Most of AF would have you think the stadium exploded and everybody died.

Hello

Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:

Firework tragedy sends shockwaves through South America
Mar 2, 2013 9:00:00 AM

The death of a teenager at a Copa Libertadores game has raised serious questions over ground safety and fan behaviour as the Continent prepares to host next year's World Cup

COMMENT
By Fernando Duarte

Just over two months ago, Corinthians' fans were being hailed for the passion and commitment they showed at the 2012 Fifa World Club Cup in Japan.

Fast forward little more than nine weeks however, and the side's supporters are now in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. The death of a Bolivian boy hit by a flare fired by one of the club's "faithful" during an away Copa Libertadores match against San Jose Oruro has landed the Brazilian powerhouse in deep trouble.

The tragedy has re-opened the discussion over what type of conditions footballers and watching supporters should have to put up with, and prompted some in South America to question whether Conmebol are doing enough to control the fine line between creating an intimidating atmosphere and something much more dangerous.

Certainly, the decision from Conmebol to punish the side by forcing them to play games behind closed doors and stopping fans from buying tickets for away games has been widely received as a positive step towards addressing the malaise that still affects football in South America.

However, it is not just Corinthians who flout the health and safety rules. The death of 14-year old Kevin Espada is a tragedy caused by multiple cuplrits – the supporters who smuggled flares into the Jesus Bermudez stadium, the authorities responsible for the lax job in spectator safety and even Conmebol themselves, for having waited until the death of a child to impose such sanctions.

Yet the Libertadores is still seen as a tournament that requires cojones to win. When South American players with experience on both sides of the Atlantic say that winning the tourmament is harder than prevailing in the Uefa Champions League, he is not paying a compliment to the quality of opposition. He is more often than not referring to the toughness of the conditions faced by participants, from playing in altitudes nearing 4,000 metres to the fact that some grounds would scare even old school English hooligans.

Although Conmebol has had some success in taming tempers and conditions at matches, South American football is still a disaster waiting to happen. To say that most grounds are inadequate is an understatement. Clubs must also raise their hands, especially those that maintain a more than cosy relationship with ultras and assorted ‘organised’ supporters who often receive subsidised travel and tickets to games.

And so, back to Corinthians. Not only are they the second-most popular side in Brazilian football (with around 30 million supporters, according to polls), but they can also claim to have the biggest organised group, the Hawks, with over 95,000 associates. Over 15,000 Corintianos made the trip to the Far East last December and made themselves heard even at Chelsea’s semi-final against Monterey - by heckling childhood supporter David Luiz while probably outnumbering English and Mexican spectators.

But they are also feared in Brazil having had countless battles with rival supporters. Last year, the Brazilian equivalent of the Crown Prosecution Service tried to outlaw the Hawks after they caused mayhem on the streets of Sao Paulo before a derby game against Palmeiras which resulted in the death of one of their supporters.

And it is by no means just Corintianos. Taking a corner kick at a Libertadores game can be a daunting experience for most away players given the amount of missiles that are likely to descend upon them, which invariably leads to riot police trying to shelter them with shields.

South American crowd trouble off the pitch is also incited by Conmebol’s leniency in dealing with trouble on it. Until last season, the Libertadores didn't even have a suspension system for the accumulation of yellow cards over a series of games. Scenes of players knocking seven bells out of each other are still common and thanks to the increasing popularity of the tournament, the world can now watch these events unfold.

Stadia are also generally uncomfortable for fans and footballers alike, with many grounds still in a pre-Taylor Report state. Indeed, it seems miraculous that something in the proportion of the Lima disaster (when over 300 people died after a riot during a Peru versus Argentina game) has not happened since 1964.

But the absence of large-scale casualties should not diminish the tragic events that surround Kevin Espada's death or stop concerns emerging over the way football is watched in South America - and in the Copa Libertadores in particular. And most of all, it must be hoped that the horror caused by the loss of a young man in his maiden trip to a football stadium will lead to some overdue soul-searching in the football stadiums that criss-cross the continent.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/03/02/3787892/-

KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

cba eyeballing that article http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=80993 here's another of yours

Hello

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Why was a 14 year old near active support to begin with? This sounds fishy.

notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Thrown flares don't penetrate skulls. This flare must have been shot.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

KenGooner_GCU wrote:
Risk assessment anyone?
[youtube]5iqXaVfX7o8[/youtube]
Most of AF would have you think the stadium exploded and everybody died.

Iraklis <3333333333333333

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Czech Republic

Banik Ostrava v Ceske Budejovice 23/2/2013

Away fans :lol:

[youtube]kiTLHmDkc-E[/youtube]

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
TheSelectFew wrote:

Have you not seen the Northern Terrace :lol: :lol:
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

jlm8695 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Have you not seen the Northern Terrace :lol: :lol:

Good point. :lol:

Wouldn't mind a 'flare' to penetrate some of their skulls. :evil:

Edited by TheSelectFew: 3/3/2013 12:37:04 PM

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

notorganic wrote:
Thrown flares don't penetrate skulls. This flare must have been shot.

I was thinking this too...but they'd never say that because then the onus would be on ground security for allowing a person to smuggle a flare gun in to the stadium.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Some top movies regarding

The Football Factory
[youtube]grxmvXF5Www[/youtube]
The Firm
[youtube]ZPJLD7aLCIs[/youtube]
Green Street Hooligans
[youtube]SgdEQaJiCRY[/youtube]

Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
TheSelectFew wrote:

TheSelectFew wrote:
Name is Bradley I am 13. I was asked if I come here often, I do. I go to school at Kew High School in Melbourne. It's my first year and my best friends are Johnno and Tom. I support every tean in every league because I like soccer. I play too with my friends.

Mr
Mr
World Class
World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:

Those are kids movies, made for impressionable youth. Is that what you think football support is about?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Joffa wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

TheSelectFew wrote:
Name is Bradley I am 13. I was asked if I come here often, I do. I go to school at Kew High School in Melbourne. It's my first year and my best friends are Johnno and Tom. I support every tean in every league because I like soccer. I play too with my friends.

:roll: really?

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Mr wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Those are kids movies, made for impressionable youth. Is that what you think football support is about?

Not at all. I didn't say regarding football support, supporters etc. Media perception. I mean, who the fuck allows an American on the terrace. :lol:

GSE is a bunch of wank. But its a good movie.

Edited by TheSelectFew: 3/3/2013 01:26:13 PM

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Mr:

Is this your type of active support :lol: :roll: ](*,)

[youtube]GG-jMjvnua8[/youtube]

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Mr wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

You mean they're not real? I guess that's why Frodo Baggins is in it...

"Quick Mr. Frodo! We have to get the one ring to Milwall!"
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Mr wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Was thinking this the whole time I watched it. S

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

International films

A.C.A.B. (Italian)
[youtube]XSXy30lqvtw[/youtube]
La Haine (French) *Not regarding football but racist profiling among police
[youtube]81f0UPPiuIw[/youtube]

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Mr wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

"You have my scarf..."
"...and my megaphone..."
"...and my flares!!!..."

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Melbourne Victory tonight.

Always great to see the Ted Baillieu wasting public funds on over policing rather than other public matters such as health and education. They even had a special police force dedicated to us. #-o :lol: \:d/

Edited by TheSelectFew: 3/3/2013 08:57:57 PM

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

2013 Friendship Cup

Melbourne Knights v Sydney United

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
2013 Friendship Cup

Looks real friendly.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
2013 Friendship Cup

Looks real friendly.

I really hope you aren't this retarded in real life.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
2013 Friendship Cup

Looks real friendly.

I really hope you aren't this retarded in real life.

I could say the same thing about you.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search