Green and White Unite - The *Community Owned* Northern Fury Supporter thread

Green and White Unite - The *Community Owned* Northern Fury Supporter...

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

[size=9][size=9]Official 442 Northern Fury Thread[/size][/size]

[size=6]Vision:[/size]
• Secure & establish ourselves as a National Premier League club ;
• To be a significant Football Community asset ;
• Develop a world-class performance and youth development model;
• Foster partnerships with local businesses ;
• Develop a National Youth, Senior ‘A’ League and National Women’s Team

[size=6]Values:[/size]
• As a game, football has something for everyone;
• We can and will be competitive;
• We will provide opportunities for all;
• We will provide player and coaching pathways;
• We will provide a learning, player and coach development ethos;
• We will provide a conduit for and with the broader football community

[size=6]Membership Information:[/size]
Membership Signup
Mailing List Signup

[size=6]Homeground:[/size]

Townsville Sports Reserve (approx 4000 capacity)

[size=6]Manager:[/size]

Ian Ferguson

[size=6]Squad:[/size]

[size=6]Support Staff:[/size]

[size=6]NPL/FFA Cup Fixtures/Results:[/size]

[size=6]Current NPL Ladder (as of 08/01/2015):[/size]

[size=6]2014 Season Round Highlights:[/size]
[youtube]55uKlU0nJ40[/youtube] [youtube]P0M6A6Jwvw0[/youtube]

[youtube]63yy9JUvmUE[/youtube] [youtube]cJOcxR932Yo[/youtube]

[youtube]vh9rZCr4SdQ[/youtube] [youtube]FoVQqU0N-pU[/youtube]

[youtube]n-_DTOVMzwc[/youtube] [youtube]HQppatATRGU[/youtube]

-PB

Edited by paulbagzFC: 8/1/2015 06:52:53 PM

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

That flip.
GCU till I die
GCU till I die
Hacker
Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
That flip.

you should have seen the tackle !
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

GCU till I die wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
That flip.

I see the similarities. :lol:

GCU till I die
GCU till I die
Hacker
Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)Hacker (479 reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
GCU till I die wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
That flip.

I see the similarities. :lol:

look mum.......no hands !

look mum.......no legs !
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

[youtube]eDL2oMeYSoc#![/youtube]

Fury highlights start at 9:55ish, goal celebration at 12:30 is absolute rofls :lol:

-PB

VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

^That 3rd goal, whilst obviously initially shocking defending and then a lucky deflection on the actual finish, was beautiful - perfect ball through, then a great leave by the striker for I think Reid or Read? Some of the combinations up front for Fury looked pretty dangerous, but some awful finishing as well as defending :lol:
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Fury striker ready to take on Sharks
MICHAEL THOMPSON | April 20th, 2013

SOME healthy competition between the Northern Fury's strikers might be developing following yesterday's news Jake Navarro had been cleared to play the Palm Beach Sharks tonight.

Navarro, 25, inflamed an existing ankle ailment in the opening minute of the Fury's recent 3-0 victory over Western Pride, which prevented the striker playing last weekend's 6-1 thrashing of QAS.

The Townsville Warriors stalwart made a staggering mind-over-matter effort to keep playing during the Pride game, and struck two goals complete with a set of post-goal backflips.

Now he gets the chance to better his four-goal tally against Palm Beach at the Townsville Sports Reserve tonight, and it's a record shared by in-form Fury striker Alex Read.

"I don't think you'll ever see Alex thinking he can't score a swag of goals each game," Navarro said with a laugh.

"Everyone seems to be on a goal-scoring streak and the team's just full of confidence at the moment.

"We have to be mindful that it's early days and the Brisbane teams have a little bit more quality, but knowing we can score goals and win by big margins is great for our confidence."

Navarro is set to resume playing up front with Read slotting in just behind, while Reyze Kelly and Matt Richards are expected to keep their places out wide.

The Fury received a setback this week when key midfielder Michael Eisenhut was ruled out of tonight's match with an abductor strain, much to Navarro's disappointment.

"He was killing it last week and I was really looking forward to playing alongside him," Navarro said.

"Even from the sideline I could tell he was playing an amazing game and he provided some outstanding service to our strikers, but we've got a strong squad and I'm sure someone else will stand up."

Palm Beach makes its first air journey of the season after having its round five National Premier League game against Sunshine Coast last weekend postponed because of wet weather.

Navarro said his ankle had recovered well enough that more backflips could be in store if he found the net tonight.

"Last game the adrenaline kicked in and it was just something I did for the crowd because I heard them roaring," he said.

"So hopefully we can get a few more goals tonight and keep the celebrations going."

Kick-off is 6pm.

Townsville Football Premier League games:

Saturday: Northern Fury v Saints Eagles Souths 3.30pm at the Townsville Sports Reserve; Burdekin v Ingham 7pm at International Park.

Sunday: MA Olympic v Ross River 5pm at Burt Street (Map); Brothers v Rebels 5pm at Hi Vista Park.

Jake Navarro

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/04/20/379762_sport.html
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Fury not fazed by loss of key midfielder
MICHAEL THOMPSON | April 19th, 2013

NORTHERN Fury player-coach Gareth Edds is confident his team can continue its winning ways without injured Michael Eisenhut.

Midfielder Eisenhut, 29, will miss tomorrow's National Premier League encounter against Palm Beach Sharks at the Townsville Sports Reserve after being ruled out with an abductor strain.

The in-form senior pulled the strings in last weekend's 6-1 defeat of QAS and scored his opening goal of the 2013 NPL season, but Edds said the youthful Fury would deal with Eisenhut's absence.

"Michael's been fantastic, he's a senior player and he's done very well, but overall the team as a unit has done well," he said.

"We're looking forward to the challenge and showing people exactly what we can do. All of them can step in and do a role."

The fifth-placed Fury are looking to score three straight wins after their wins over Western Pride and QAS and keep their unbeaten home record intact.

Palm Beach go into tomorrow's encounter having had their game against Sunshine Coast postponed last weekend and sit two spots from the ladder bottom with one win from four games.

Edds, however, has refused to get carried away with the Fury's form in their past two games, which saw a total of nine goals scored for only one goal conceded.

"I think they (Palm Beach) are doing OK in the league, and they'll be itching to get out there and play," he said.

"It (the postponement) could work either way - they could come out firing or they could be a bit sluggish after missing a week.

"We'll just have to concentrate on what we can do."

Injured Fury striker Jake Navarro (ankle) could make a return tomorrow after missing the QAS encounter, but in-form attacker Alex Reid will have no qualms carrying the main goal scoring duties if necessary.

Reid scored a first-half hat-trick against QAS and has four goals on his season tally to date.

"I've definitely got three (more) goals in me - if I can do it once I can do it twice," he said.

"But we never get over- confident and go into a game thinking 'we've got this'."

Edds has enjoyed his own striking form after scoring two goals coming off the bench last weekend, but the mentor said player development came before goals.

"You need to play against good players, but you also need to play with better players," he said.

"If you look through the squad, we've got 16 players who are 21 years and under, and three players who are over 21 (Edds, Eisenhut and Navarro).

"You need to have young fellas playing, but you also need experienced players helping them through with their development."

Kick-off for tomorrow's Fury v Palm Beach game at the Townsville Sports Reserve is 6pm.

Michael Eisenhut in action against the Western Pride | Photo: SCOTT RADFORD-CHISHOLM

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/04/19/379639_sport.html
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Thank you Joffa =d>

I shall keep the spam in here.

-PB

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Full time Nthfury 2-2 Sharks PalmBeach
Very disappointing game, poor ref, poor shooting, should of been 9-1 to the fury.

Fury under 18s played the saints Prems before the main game fury won 3-1.

Saints prems were coached by an academe coach of long standing and well versed in the 433 playing out from the back and possession style of play. Did his team play that way Hell no first chance and every chance in the first half they went long. LOL
I don't care how many courses you do if you don't love it you cant teach it, time the ffa figured this out and got rid of these blazers.PS razorbacks never played nice football either last two seasons were total crap.

Edited by krones3: 20/4/2013 10:18:09 PM
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

playmaker11 wrote:

HAHAHAH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

-PB

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

alex read update from the weekend, -pb?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

pv4 wrote:
alex read update from the weekend, -pb?

Didn't get to make it to the game due to a bucks night :(

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Fury keeper draws praise

Quote:

Fury goalkeeper Brad Burrows under pressure | Photo: FIONA HARDING

FURY skipper Jared Stanley hailed the first-half heroics of goalkeeper Brad Burrows as Northern escaped with a 2-2 draw on Saturday.

Despite leading 2-nil at halftime of the National Premier League clash against the Palm Beach Sharks, the Fury were happy to secure a draw against the fast-finishing visitors in front of nearly 2000 fans at at the Sports Reserve.

Two second-half penalties to red-hot Sharks striker Chris Lucas ended the Fury's hopes of a third consecutive win.

While Northern spurned numerous golden chances to steal a late victory, Stanley preferred to praise the efforts of Burrows, who probably ensured the Fury snatched a flattering two-goal buffer at the break.

He made two fantastic saves as Lucas and fellow Palm Beach striker Matt Hilton caused havoc for the home team's defence.

"Brad Burrows played well, he stopped a lot goal-bound efforts that could have cost us," midfielder Stanley said.

"Without those saves we were under the pump going into halftime and the second half would have been a different ball game."

Stanley got the Fury off to the perfect start, scoring in a goalmouth scramble in just the second minute before Alex Read continued his hot scoring form by doubling the advantage with a classy chipped effort after 37 minutes.

But with the express pace of Lucas and intelligence of Hilton in the Sharks' line-up, the game was far from over.

Lucas's clinical penalty strikes, in the 62nd and 70th minutes, gave Burrows no chance and were fitting rewards for the visitors.

Fury coach Gareth Edds, who didn't play due to injury, said he wasn't disappointed about giving up a two-goal lead, saying his young side - with just one player over 24 - took another big step in their evolution against a more experienced team.

"I'm extremely proud of my players ... and overall I thought we were terrific," he said. "(Palm Beach) are a good side and I thought in the first half we defended very well.

"The players stood up to be counted and I was really pleased with them in the second half."

After having two penalties awarded against them, the Fury could have had reason to complain when Read appeared to be taken down in the penalty area by the last line of defence with just four minutes remaining.

But the referee waved play on.

"It would have been a big climax if there had have been one (a penalty) given, but that's the way it goes sometimes," Stanley said.

Stanley conceded missed chances had hurt his team, but it sent a warning to the rest of the APL when their classy attack clicks.

"We had a few open goals where we missed our chances, but the day will come when we put them all in the back of the net," he said.

Northern, who play top dogs Sunshine Coast next weekend, now have three wins, one draw and two losses from their six games.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/04/22/379834_sport.html

-PB

Edited by paulbagzFC: 22/4/2013 08:48:33 AM

krisskrash
krisskrash
Hacker
Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)Hacker (490 reputation)

Bentleigh Green's called they want their kit back.

But in all seriousness, good to see a positive start by the Fury, and the influx of articles in this thread. Hopefully get some more attention to this neglected part of the forum.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

:d

Looking at an average of 2150+ thus far for the three home games.

Really hope this continues well into the season.

-PB

FuryLives_2010
FuryLives_2010
Fan
Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

What was the offical crowd for this game bagz, was much bigger than the 1990, id would have said slightly over the 2500 for the first game, stand was full and in front and the bar area was extremely full, and lots of merchandise sold again, all going great guns thus far...next game is may 11th at brolga park...v redlands
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

FuryLives_2010 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

What was the offical crowd for this game bagz, was much bigger than the 1990, id would have said slightly over the 2500 for the first game, stand was full and in front and the bar area was extremely full, and lots of merchandise sold again, all going great guns thus far...next game is may 11th at brolga park...v redlands

Yeah paper just quotes things like 2000 or more.

Yeah Redlands will be our first real test now (that and Sunny Coast next weekend).

Hope we can remain undefeated at home.

-PB

Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Is there's sense in Townsville that this is the Fury of the A-League, or does the club have a new club feel about it? Does the history Ilive on or is it forgotten?

Is there any animosity?

Edited by Joffa: 22/4/2013 05:27:09 PM
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Joffa wrote:
Is there's sense in Townsville that this is the Fury of the A-League, or does the club have a new club feel about it? Does the history Ilive on or is it forgotten?

Is there any animosity?

Feels like it for sure but also with the new car smell.

I treat it more like a NYL team with a good local flavour and so far the lads are playing decent football (albeit we need to work on finishing, could have games in the double digits if we did).

History does live on, lives on in all the fans that turn up in the old gear etc.

As for animosity; at the games I don't think so. Although I can't speak for all but that's not to say that supporters have forgotten what the FFA did, I know I surely haven't.

But seeing the lads play such good football and snag wins at home in front of decent crowds definitely quells that anger (that and the cheap piss on hand rofl).

-PB

Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Is there a genuine feeling that The Fury are coming back to the A-League and this is but the first step in that direction?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Joffa wrote:
Is there a genuine feeling that The Fury are coming back to the A-League and this is but the first step in that direction?

Definitely.

The idea of Fury back by 2018 feels real imo.

-PB

krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Joffa wrote:

Personally I feel the Fury is the most professorially run club in townsville it is miles ahead of the Razorbacks and the nepotism of the NQ committee. If we make it back to the aleague we will need to create an income stream( pokies ) but for now it is fantastic to have people steering the club who only have the club, the game and the players interest at heart.
A breath of fresh air unfortunately spoiled by the stench of the past but each win and each performance makes the smell more distant.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Are the f-troop back again? really enjoyed seeing them on telly.

Viennese Vuck

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

If I end up going back to Townsville this winter for a week, I hopefully will catch one of their games. Like I've said before, always had a soft spot for the Fury. Would love to see them in the top flight again.

That, and I wanna have a beer with PB. :lol:

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Heineken wrote:
If I end up going back to Townsville this winter for a week, I hopefully will catch one of their games. Like I've said before, always had a soft spot for the Fury. Would love to see them in the top flight again.

That, and I wanna have a beer with PB. :lol:

Fucking keen as bro.

-PB

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Sig updatteeddddd

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search