Green and White Unite - The *Community Owned* Northern Fury Supporter thread

Green and White Unite - The *Community Owned* Northern Fury Supporter...

Author
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Couple of goals in there I quite liked, keep it up Fury! Love to see lots of young fast players getting acknowledged, NPL is already a million times better than previous league formats right across the country, especially for Tassie and Queensland. Don't think it's worked too well in NSW yet, too many Sydney teams when there are good locations right on our doorstep (Blue Mountains, more South Coast, even Bathurst put out decent sides. Would be a big boost to football in these areas, especially in conjunction with a FFA Cup, could be brilliant for smaller areas with no elite representation in any code). Anyway back on topic, massive game for you guys this weekend, wish you guys the best and you've got some support all the way down here in Sydney!
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

waggzzz2 wrote:
Not really fury-related but seems the roar are hoping to play a game in nroth queensland later this year.

Quote:
But Roar general manager Sean Dobson was hopeful of the club staging a regional fixture in north Queensland on December 21.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/eight-brisbane-roar-games-to-be-broadcast-live-on-sbs-next-season/story-fnec4zuc-1226647839853

Any ideas on how this will go down PB?
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
is that the game against the jerks?

you know where i'm heading with this, -pb
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
waggzzz2 wrote:
Not really fury-related but seems the roar are hoping to play a game in nroth queensland later this year.

Quote:
But Roar general manager Sean Dobson was hopeful of the club staging a regional fixture in north Queensland on December 21.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/eight-brisbane-roar-games-to-be-broadcast-live-on-sbs-next-season/story-fnec4zuc-1226647839853

Which bit R_B?

P.S. As for the Jerks game pv4, whether it happens or there, you know there's gonna be some serious hand shaking going on ;)

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Fury's goal to score expansion for future players

Quote:

YOUNG STARS: Catherine Roncato with Max Davison, 13, (U-14s) and Tiarna Karambasis, 12, (U-14s) | Photo: BRYAN LYNCH

THE Northern Fury will use tomorrow's visit by Football Queensland hierarchy to push the club's case for a future expansion into the national youth league and W-League competitions.

Football Queensland chief executive Geoff Foster and chief operating officer Ben Mannion, who oversaw the set-up of the state's National Premier League competition, will visit the North tomorrow and will take in the Fury's home game against the Brisbane Strikers.

The club was created with grand visions of returning to the A-League, while also providing a pathway for talented juniors and women players to step up to the higher level along the way.

Fury general manager Paul Smalley said the opportunity to show Foster and Mannion what they had created and show them a case for future growth fits in with the vision of providing a pathway for all their players.

"Our vision and philosophy is always around the development of talented players and to have, as part of the talented player pathway, a licence that allows an under-18 squad of players to travel around the region and play against other talented players and to have a women's team which is essentially in the same situation as the (male) senior NPL squad," Smalley said.

"We see that as the overall development strategy of the club."

Northern Fury under-13 girls coach Catherine Roncato, who played for Australia at youth level, said the creation of a W-League side would do wonders for young women playing the game in regional Queensland.

Roncato, who is involved in the Queensland girls coaching set-up, said she knew of many girls who either gave up as they got older or moved south for more opportunities.

North Queensland has produced Brisbane Roar player Ashley Spina, who played her junior football with Ingham before moving south.

The Fury are hoping for a good crowd to tomorrow's game to show Foster and Mannion the region can support expansions into the national competitions.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/05/24/382066_sport.html

-PB

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
waggzzz2 wrote:

Quote:

Which bit R_B?

P.S. As for the Jerks game pv4, whether it happens or there, you know there's gonna be some serious hand shaking going on ;)

-PB

If the locals will watch?
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

The last strikers goal at 5.24 he is just standing in the box ffs:-& :-& :-&
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-9385-0-0-0&sID=269940&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=23853219
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Fury in sizzling form as big guns come to town

Quote:
A THREE-match winning streak away from home has the Northern Fury on a confidence high as they prepare for the test of the National Premier League's top-five.

The Fury are riding a six-match unbeaten run in the second half of the season after an 2-1 away win to Palm Beach on Saturday night pushed them up into sixth place on the ladder, and coach Gareth Edds said it was now time for his side to carry that into next week's game against the Sunshine Coast Fire in Townsville.

The Fire scored a late winner the last time the teams faced off in April, but Edds said they were looking forward to trying to defend their home turf as they play three of their last five games in Townsville against the league's five best sides.

While the Fury will need to win their remaining five games and hope results go their way if they are a chance of a top-four finals spot, the fourth-placed Sunshine Coast are coming off the back of a 3-2 loss to leaders Olympic yesterday and are trying to keep Brisbane Strikers out of their finals spot.

"We're looking after the home program for the next few games and see if we can put a couple of performances together and see what happens," Edds said.

"I think we can go out and be confident - after seeing everyone in the first round, we can go out and perform and put pressure on.

"We're looking forward to the challenges coming up."

The Fury coach said his team had again kept the ball against the Gold Coast outfit while putting together another nice passing game.

The team's older heads Michael Eisenhut and Robin Edwards netted the Fury's goals, the latter grabbing his first goal since joining the club five weeks ago.

"He's (Edwards) getting better and better week by week and it shows with him scoring and he's made some big contributions since he's been here so we're happy with how he's been going," Edds said of his recent recruit.

Eisenhut's goal marks a rich vein of scoring form and was his third in as many games.

The coach was full of praise for debutant goalkeeper Matt Symes, 16, who played 90 minutes coming into the starting side in the place of fellow teenager Brad Burrows.

"It's a great experience for him and now he knows what this level's all about so it's good," he said.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/07/15/385519_sport.html

-PB

Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Fury fans under spotlight for setting off flares

LIAM BUTTERWORTH | July 18th, 2013

THE head of the National Premier League in Queensland Ben Mannion says he is satisfied with the action taken against a group of "rogue" fans who lit flares during the Northern Fury's away game on the Gold Coast last weekend.

A video highlights package published on the Football Queensland website yesterday showed a group of five fans - with an F-Troop flag in front of them and chanting songs in support of the Townsville side - lighting flares on two occasions after the Fury had taken the lead against the Palm Beach Sharks.

The fans were standing on the opposite side to the main crowd but the smoke from a flare lit after Fury midfielder Michael Eisenhut's winning goal in the 81st minute did blow over the field, with vision showing a Palm Beach player walking through some thick smoke.

Mannion said he was happy with the action taken by officials at the game, who approached the group and asked them to stop with a threat of police involvement.

While common in some European leagues, Football Federation Australia considers flares to be dangerous under its code of conduct for supporters, and have this year handed long-term bans to fans.

Thick smoke wafts over the ground from the flares.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/07/18/385738_sport.html
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'll get on the phone to Hatamoto.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Good on them. travelling all that way.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I think CroBagz was the ring leader of that rougue mob of hooligans. I'll send his mugshot to the FBI.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Aloisi factor helps King
LIAM BUTTERWORTH | July 26th, 2013

NORTHERN Fury midfielder Charlie King says he's still working on becoming a force in the centre of the park, but he can thank one of Australia's highest profile internationals for helping him along.

King played a season with the Melbourne Heart in the National Youth League in 2011/2012, working under former Socceroos striker John Aloisi on his debut as a manager. The 20-year-old first switched from his preferred right back to midfield at his former club at Ballarat, where Fury general manager Paul Smalley was technical director, but Aloisi, now manager of the Heart A-league team, also deployed him in the middle of the park.

His stint with the Heart was plagued by injury but King said the former Socceroo gave him plenty of useful pointers to help him work on his individual game.

"He helped me with mostly midfield work," King said.

"He helped me get more confidence when I'm on the ball and more confidence in my passing.

"Just scanning when I'm in the midfield and knowing where all the players are."

After getting a taste of youth level, King's A-league dreams still burn strong.

Now working under another former A-league player in Gareth Edds, the Tanzanian-born midfielder said he was taking on as much as he could while trying to build his confidence.

He overcame a torn calf muscle, a by-product of trying too hard to impress in the summer heat after moving from Victoria, which kept him out for the early part of the season and now commands a starting role with the Northern club.

"I came back and Gareth gave me a start in the midfield which I'm enjoying and I think I'm slowly getting better, I've just got to get more confidence in myself and I can play a lot better football," he said.

Edds said he was impressed with the work done by King in getting back to full fitness and cementing his spot.

"Charlie's come in and done a fantastic job in midfield, I've been happy with him," he said.

"He's a great worker in training and put in some good performances, especially in that six-match unbeaten streak we had."

King and the Fury's defence will be up against it tomorrow night as they face National Premier League leaders Olympic, who boast the most potent attacking force in the league.

Strikers Tim Smits and Danny Byrne have netted 40 of the team's 78 goals this season, while winger Jai Ingham, who returns from suspension to play the Fury, has nine goals.

"I think it's just a matter of concentration," King said.

"We have had a few games where we've had lapses.

"I think just last time we played against them we were just shocked at how good they were and we did play well and missed our chances, but if we just keep it up for the full 90 (minutes) and take our chances then we definitely can beat them."

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/07/26/386149_sport.html
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

What a great game fury defeat Olympic 6-3 and played a great style of football.They won the hearts of two new fans last night not because the won but because of how they did it. To be truthful they played the same last week against fire and were unlucky not to win.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Joffa wrote:

THE head of the National Premier League in Queensland Ben Mannion says he is satisfied with the action taken against a group of "rogue" fans who lit flares during the Northern Fury's away game on the Gold Coast last weekend.

A video highlights package published on the Football Queensland website yesterday showed a group of five fans - with an F-Troop flag in front of them and chanting songs in support of the Townsville side - lighting flares on two occasions after the Fury had taken the lead against the Palm Beach Sharks.

The fans were standing on the opposite side to the main crowd but the smoke from a flare lit after Fury midfielder Michael Eisenhut's winning goal in the 81st minute did blow over the field, with vision showing a Palm Beach player walking through some thick smoke.

Mannion said he was happy with the action taken by officials at the game, who approached the group and asked them to stop with a threat of police involvement.

While common in some European leagues, Football Federation Australia considers flares to be dangerous under its code of conduct for supporters, and have this year handed long-term bans to fans.

See, thats appropriate action. Not 5 year ban or a 5k fine. Geez.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Or if in VPL it means the death of a long standing club.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
Joffa wrote:

See, thats appropriate action. Not 5 year ban or a 5k fine. Geez.

It's all that is ever needed really.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Quote:
Edds rattles up four

ELATION: Fury's Michael Eisenhut celebrates his first-half goal with teammates Corey Waples and Caleb Hobson.

NORTHERN Fury player-coach Gareth Edds played the humble hero on Saturday night after striking four goals in the Fury's 6-3 win over National Premier League leaders Olympic FC.

Edds scored a hat-trick by halftime and struck his fourth midway through the second half to leave the NPL title favourites reeling at the Townsville Sports Reserve, which played host to arguably the NPL season's biggest boilover.

Olympic were reduced to 10 men when goalkeeper Matt Lugo took out Fury midfielder Michael Eisenhut during a certain goal-scoring opportunity about 10 minutes from halftime, with the Fury already leading 2-1.

The Fury took advantage, with Edds adding two more goals before the break.

The home side then ran away with the contest when Edds scored his last, which came before Reyze Kelly kicked his team's final goal of the night.

"It's (got) nothing to do with just me - it's to do with the young guys and they deserve all the credit," Edds said when asked about his four-goal heroics.

"It's a tremendous effort from them and they give me 100 per cent every week.

"They (Olympic) have got some very good players and score a lot of goals, and I'm sure they're going to keep producing wins like they have all season."

The Fury will not play finals football this season when their mathematical chances ended with last weekend's 2-1 loss to Sunshine Coast, but they were keen to prove a point against Olympic.

Edds showcased the quality which put him in good stead throughout his European and A-League career, finishing off all his chances with composure and guiding his younger charges around the park. Eisenhut was again solid in the midfield and provided Edds with a handful of well-timed passes, and Fury goalkeeper Dylan Hudson pulled off saves in his first NPL game since the season opener.

"I thought I went all right and I'm just happy to be back with the lads," said Hudson, who was sidelined for 18 weeks after being being red-carded in the Fury's round one game before suffering a quadricep injury.

"To come out and beat the top team 6-3 is just brilliant and it was a great way to get back out there."

Edds was substituted in the 70th minute due to an ankle injury following a rough Olympic challenge, but is confident of playing in next week's away game against Redlands.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/07/29/386332_sport.html

-PB

krones3
krones3
Pro

What a fantastic game by the fury. Not for the score but for the style I am so proud to support a team with such an intelligent style of play. Firstly most of the play was out from the back. Nearly all of the goals were produced from great passages of play. Most of the attack was finalized by defense splitting passes. But the one I am most proud of was the moment in the game when the defense and the midfield played the ball from one side of the field to the other to the mid back to the defense. This caused the crowd some discomfort but all the time I could see the intelligence of holding the ball and trying to move the Olympic players to open up an opportunity to attack. It worked and an attack was the result showing not only the intelligence of the players but the tactical awareness and training skill of the coaching staff. I have waited years to see one of Townsville’s teams do this. Then next day to see this filtering down to the U16s and U18s Perfect. Go Fury
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Says volumes of Edds experience even in such a short term capacity as the manager thus far.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Round 19 Highlights;

[youtube]lkpQjcjmlHE[/youtube]

Fury stuff starts round 8:35, was raining goals in that game, Eddsy is a legend.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Quote:
Symes has foot in national door

Townsville goalkeeper Matt Symes is the Northern region's only representative for the Queensland Schoolboys team.

TOWNSVILLE goalkeeper Matt Symes hopes to hold Queensland's ambition for glory at the national schools football championships in his own pair of safe hands.

Symes, 17, captained the Northern region team which finished sixth at the Queensland Championships in Brisbane in June, and was the only Townsville player selected to represent the state schoolboys team at the nationals which will start in Canberra on Saturday.

He jetted out yesterday to the Gold Coast for a four-day training camp where the squad will meet for the first time under coach Shane Dove, from William Ross State High School.

This won't be the Townsville custodian's first time representing his state - he played with the under-15 Queensland schoolboys team which went through the national tournament undefeated.

He was looking forward to playing some high-level football and enjoying himself with the state side, with an ambition of finishing near the top teams in the country.

"We've got the potential and it's a big state and we've got a lot of good players so we'll do our best," he said.

Symes missed out on an opportunity for a chance to represent Queensland last year after having surgery on his knee, the first major injury in his young career.

He has now secured a place in the Northern Fury system, making his senior debut in a 2-1 win away to Palm Beach recently, and is glad to be back in the representative system.

"I was determined to come back and train harder this year and it's paid off a lot as I'm with the Fury and now Queensland again," Symes said. The 'keeper loved his first opportunity to play the game at the National Premier League level, and hopes that will help him as he strives for national glory. An Australian team will be selected at the end of the tournament and Symes said he would be doing his best to pull on the green and gold jersey.

The nationals finish on August 9.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/07/31/386464_sport.html

Will defo see that kid playing for a HAL team sometime soon.

Star in the making if his development keeps up.

-PB

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

It will be a awesome day when this gets moved to AF:D
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Quote:
Fury lock out stars

DEFENSIVE PILLAR: Ari Isman helped the Northern Fury shut down one of the competition's best attacking sides.

NORTHERN Fury coach Gareth Edds has hailed his team's defensive effort after again locking out one of the league's most potent attacking forces.

The Fury drew 0-0 with National Premier League finals chasers Redlands United in a high intensity battle away on Saturday, moving back up into sixth spot on the ladder.

After keeping an attack boasting the might of Reuben Way, Graham Fyfe and Jheison Macuace to just one shot during the game, a trio which has scored 45 goals between them this year, Edds had nothing but praise for the way his defence backed up from their effort against league leaders Olympic last week.

Edds said new centre back pairing Ari Isman and David King were combining well with wide defenders Caleb Hobson and Daniel Tinker and holding midfielder Charlie King as they ride a streak that has seen them beaten just once in their past nine games.

"We nullified their attack and they had possibly one attempt on goal throughout the whole 90 minutes," Edds said.

"The rest were crosses and the keeper saving.

"They went with a game plan to close us down in midfield areas, to man-mark people, so overall it was a good performance."

Isman was moved from left back into the heart of defence to replace former captain Jared Stanley who left the team last month and Edds said the young pair had bonded well.

"That's given us the foundations to go get results and we've been well within games.

"Some of those draws we maybe should have turned into wins but that's a great learning for them and they're capable of playing at this level which is great."

But their job isn't over yet, with a match-up against one of the league's most potent strikers in Brisbane City's Antonio Murray next week.

Englishman Murray, who has previously played in the Scottish Premier League with Hibernian and recently trialled with A-league outfit Brisbane Roar, has scored 22 goals in 16 games this year.

"So far throughout this period they've defended very well and we know it's not just the back four, it's the team as a unit who need to work together and for each other," Edds said.

"It's been a tremendous effort to get the results and the performances we have."

Edds missed a first half penalty against Redlands, the first spot kick miss in his career, and said the Fury had a few chances to nab the win, but they just couldn't grab a winner.

"We had a few opportunities where we could have nicked the game but to be honest if you look over the 90 minutes it was fair as a draw," he said.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/08/05/386740_sport.html

-PB

krones3
krones3
Pro

Fury lost 4/2 to a Brisbane city. Although it was a loss it showed how much the Gareth edds lead team of coaching/support staff have done to develop young players over the season.
Gareth edds
David Henderson
David Craven-Griffths
Adam Lebihan
Kyle Whebell
Paul Smalley
There can be no greater accolade for a coaching team than to see players move seamlessly into and out of the senior team.With all the challenges that this group of local heroes has had to endure in their first year of the NPL they have produced a truly remarkable season that will be long remembered.A truly professional and dedicated effort. THANK YOU ALL.

I would also like to thank all the players and coaches in the Queensland NPL for a fantastic season of games.The coaches and players have shown true class,sportsmanship and ability to make this season a truly great spectator experience.Cant wait for the next season to start.
GO FURY
krones3
krones3
Pro

NORTHERN Fury attacker Newie Cobbo hopes he has put a depressing start to the National Premier League season behind him after a strong performance in yesterday's 4-2 loss to Brisbane City.

In just his second start of the season, Cobbo played a big hand in both of Fury's goals as the injury-hit home team pushed the league's second placed side all the way to the end.

The 17-year-old was injured in pre-season training causing him to miss four weeks and picked up a red card on his return to playing in the Townsville Premier League with the Fury under-18 team.

He had to serve his suspension in that league and given the long breaks for holidays and byes ended up missing another four weeks of the statewide league.

But after hitting an equaliser to Nathan Bird's opener for City and winning the ball which led to Michael Eisenhut's goal in the 54th minute, which brought the score back to 2-2 just minutes after the Fury had gone behind, Cobbo said he hoped he had done well enough to earn another start in the Fury line-up for next week's final game of the year.

"It was my second opportunity to be in the starting 11 and obviously coming off the bench I wanted to impress Gareth (Edds) and the rest of the players that I should be in the starting team," Cobbo said.

But the result didn't go the Fury's way, City striker Antonio Murray making it 3-2 with 21 minutes left on the clock before grabbing his second goal, and 25th of the season, as the Fury pushed forward in search of an equaliser in the 88th minute.

Cobbo wasn't the only young player to mark his arrival on the NPL stage, with fellow teenagers Angus Campbell and striker Tristan Russell earning the praise of coach Edds.

Russell, who played with the Fury's under-16 and under-18 team in the local competition earlier in the afternoon, nearly grabbed an equaliser with five minutes left on his Fury debut while David King just headed over from the resulting corner.

The youngsters got their chance given the absence of strikers Alex Read and Robin Edwards while Edds was a late substitute as he struggles with an ankle injury.

Despite the loss, Edds said he was proud of the team's fight and hunger in trying to chase a result when battling away from losing positions.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/08/12/387146_sport.html
krones3
krones3
Pro

[youtube]5sMKX22BHeE[/youtube]

Remember this song "look what i can do with my feet"

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Top 4 finish next season. Come on farken.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

Oh this arvo I heard on ABC local radio that the club was fined $2,500 for some guys in F-Troop using flares.. Not the kind of money you want throwing down the dunny.

Were they red flares or smokies? I'm personally against red flares but will turn a blind eye to smokies.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

playmaker11 wrote:
Oh this arvo I heard on ABC local radio that the club was fined $2,500 for some guys in F-Troop using flares.. Not the kind of money you want throwing down the dunny.

Were they red flares or smokies? I'm personally against red flares but will turn a blind eye to smokies.

Still yet to see anything from FQ in regards to this.

At this stage its Rabieh blowing smoke.

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search