New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

Author
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Okay this is a concept that I have done up with multiple styles of lions heads.

As for the MV crest, it is not a bad crest at all, maybe needs some alterations but overal it is a strong crest. I have seen a re-design of the MV crest which was more of a clean up by Michael Taylor Design. He also did re-designs of the Jets, Adelaide, Central Coast and Perth Glory. If anyone is interested in checking them out we can start a new thread or just add them here.

Canberra United - Member
KSV Hessen Kassel - Supporter
Lewes FC - Owner

Stabilo
Stabilo
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Volrath2002 wrote:
Okay I know these are not perfect but I thought I would have a go at designing a couple of concepts of what a Brisbane Roar crest could look like with a more traditional looking lion.

It should be noted that the two lions used are not my design and all credit goes out to those who made them. They are just used as a visual representation of a concept.

That first one is awesome mate. Would be stoked with that!
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Volrath2002 wrote:

As for the MV crest, it is not a bad crest at all, maybe needs some alterations but overal it is a strong crest. I have seen a re-design of the MV crest which was more of a clean up by Michael Taylor Design. He also did re-designs of the Jets, Adelaide, Central Coast and Perth Glory. If anyone is interested in checking them out we can start a new thread or just add them here.

Love your work. I could live quite comfortably with an emblem based on 1,3 or 4. Definitely the direction we should be looking - rather than "hear ye hear ye, knights of yore, back to the middle-ages rampant lions."

Edited by clockwork orange: 27/7/2014 01:13:17 PM
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Still don't get why people say EST 2004 when they were named Brisbane in 2009.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Volrath2002 wrote:

^^every single one is an improvement over what I consider to be the worst logo in the league.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

vanbasten88 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

^^every single one is an improvement over what I consider to be the worst logo in the league.

BTW - Can you modify the orange/black version of the current lion's head (2 pages back) to fit in the circle? Or maybe we have an elliptical badge?

Edited by clockwork orange: 27/7/2014 01:14:54 PM
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

The one with the lions head front on, looks kinda South African Premier Soccer League. I like it. If I got to choose one of the above, that would be my pick.
Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

Yes they renamed the club to Brisbane Roar in 2009 but the club itself was founded / established in 2004.

I went to uni on the Sunshine Coast and when I was living up there I supported the Queensland Roar despite the club really being the Brisbane team but the name change does not mean it is not the same club that was established at the birth of the A-League.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback everyone.

I can see about putting the current lions head into the circle and see how it comes out. Should look alright I would think. Watch this space.

Canberra United - Member
Lewes FC - Owner

vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

For the same reason the AFL tells the world it was founded in 1897 despite only changing its name from the VFL to the AFL in 1989.
So as not to start a code war, Gridiron's NFL did much the same thing....The NFL was formed on August 20, 1920, as the American Professional Football Conference and changed its name to the National Football League on June 24, 1922, after spending the 1920 and 1921 seasons as the APFA. In 1966, the NFL agreed to merge with the rival American Football League (AFL), effective 1970; the first Super Bowl was held at the end of that same season in January 1967.

Edited by vanbasten88: 27/7/2557 01:58:33 PM
Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star

clockwork orange wrote:
vanbasten88 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

BTW - Can you modify the orange/black version of the current lion's head (2 pages back) to fit in the circle? Or maybe we have an elliptical badge?

Okay here is this concept style with the current Brisbane Roar lion's head

Canberra United - Member
Lewes FC - Owner

vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro

Volrath2002 wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
vanbasten88 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

That actually turned out better than I expected...good job.
The Maco
The Maco
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Well done volrath =d> big fan of all the 'modern' logos you scratched together
Stabilo
Stabilo
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Volrath2002 wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
vanbasten88 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Thats quality too. Better than the other 4 for sure IMO. That Lion head fits well into the round outline like that.
absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Good stuff! Now if only the lion king movie & theatre franchises, Holden and Bisleri the makers of chinotto will hand over there IP to BR to use as their emblem ;)
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Go Brisbane!
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Volrath2002 wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
vanbasten88 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Fantastic mate! I'd vote for this in a heartbeat as the best way to move forward, without throwing away the last 10 years. Love it.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

clockwork orange wrote:
Burztur wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:
Okay I know these are not perfect but I thought I would have a go at designing a couple of concepts of what a Brisbane Roar crest could look like with a more traditional looking lion.

That first one is fucking awesome, I'd hope Brisbane look to change to something like that because the current one looks silly.

Yes, let's choose an emblem that makes us look ancient and European. Wonderful way to appeal to the wider community and the younger generation. :roll:

Game of thrones is the flavour of the month - Brisbane should capitalise on it...

Great to see that WSW and Victory supporters are so interested in the design of our logo - when their own are nothing but the letters 'V' and 'WSW'.

You guys thinking of buying some merchandise if we change the logo? :lol:

Just think that a number of logos need to be refreshed... The logos put up by Volrath look great!

Edited by burztur: 27/7/2014 07:26:38 PM
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Volrath2002 wrote:

Love them
Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star

sobkowski wrote:
I would have thought that a reveal would be made before the first ffa cup match ?

Yeah but they might want to wait and surprise everyone :P

Thanks for all the comments and feedback everyone on my concepts.

I guess it is only a matter of time now till we see. What's the bet nothing will have be done and it will be the status-quo

Canberra United - Member
Lewes FC - Owner

samb
samb
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Love them

+1 All simple yet classy
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro

Volrath2002 wrote:
sobkowski wrote:
I would have thought that a reveal would be made before the first ffa cup match ?

Yeah but they might want to wait and surprise everyone :P

Thanks for all the comments and feedback everyone on my concepts.

I guess it is only a matter of time now till we see. What's the bet nothing will have be done and it will be the status-quo

Sadly it's often much easier to do 'nothing' than to do 'something' even when it's very obvious that 'something' needs to be done:(
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:

Please explain
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

Please explain

Flag of Brisbane

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Iridium1010 wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

Please explain

Flag of Brisbane

Tbh i only know about it because it was brought up in the flags etc in the kit thread.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Someone brought up the Pretzel lol which is really a knot i think.

Edited by MrBrisbane: 1/8/2014 08:36:00 PM

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Kind of ironic considering how badly this state seems to want to fuck the health system

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

Please explain

Flag of Brisbane

I have never seen that before :lol:
Stabilo
Stabilo
Semi-Pro

Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

Please explain

Flag of Brisbane

Not surprising. You probably think the flag makes us look to 19th century European too. Better stick with the cartoon lion eh? :lol:
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

Stabilo wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Iridium1010 wrote:

Please explain

Flag of Brisbane

Not surprising. You probably think the flag makes us look to 19th century European too. Better stick with the cartoon lion eh? :lol:

Well, now that you mention it.

"The white, wavy lines in three of the six quarters of the flag may represent the river, which brought much commerce and prosperity to the city in the early days of British settlement. An alternative explanation is that the wavy lines represent white clouds, parting to allow the blue sky to be seen behind them.[1] The three caducei in these sections, rather than their popular but erroneous association with medicine, again represent commerce, referencing the role of Hermes in Greek mythology in his capacity as the protector of commerce and trade. The remaining three quarters depict two stafford knots and a star, with the stars representing the achievements in astronomy of Sir Thomas Brisbane, for whom the city is named,[2][3] and the knots representing the 38th Foot (Staffordshire Regiment), which Brisbane served in prior to being named governor of the colony of New South Wales.[4] The abundance of maritime symbols on the flag reflects Brisbane's early role as a river port."

Definitely a European bent.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search