New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

New Brisbane Roar Emblem Registered

Author
mowse
Under 7s
Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)Under 7s (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thought I'd have another crack at this logo.
Tried to keep it clean/simple. Kept all the main elements: lion head, football, colours.
Traditional style shield, with a more modern take on the lion heads.
It could use some more work, but I'm pretty happy with it.

The concept for the official logo looks promising. Does anybody know if it is confirmed - or when they hope to introduce it?
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Stabilo wrote:
Some very precious petals on here haha. God i hope the club comes out with an Orange lion rampant holding a dutch flag on a bicycle eating some fine gouda cheese with a windmill in the background.

Honestly don't get the big deal. It's clear Roar don't have a dominant dutch identity apart from their style of football (i'll let the odd flag and the holland jerseys slide i've seen there slide), but they do have dutch heritage, even if it's been passed on.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that in the badge.

Viennese Vuck

Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy wrote:
FAO "Roar #1"
You keep saying/arguing that "the Roar only have a history of 10 years, not 60 years (or words to that effect)." I'm not sure why you keep banging on at that point. I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone actually claiming the Brisbane Roar having a history of 60 years.

Also, I think it may be an idea to calm down a wee bit and not take everyone so serious regarding this topic :)

Up until recently it actually said on the Roars wiki that it was established in 1954 or what ever the year was :lol:
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
BrisbaneBhoy wrote:
FAO "Roar #1"
You keep saying/arguing that "the Roar only have a history of 10 years, not 60 years (or words to that effect)." I'm not sure why you keep banging on at that point. I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone actually claiming the Brisbane Roar having a history of 60 years.

Also, I think it may be an idea to calm down a wee bit and not take everyone so serious regarding this topic :)

Up until recently it actually said on the Roars wiki that it was established in 1954 or what ever the year was :lol:

you're a troll.

60 years of history erased by a tween dweeb

:roll:

What ? :lol:
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

sobkowski wrote:
Just replace the maroon with black and you're set

Probably one of the most hideous badges I've ever seen.
Someguy
Someguy
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

mowse wrote:
Thought I'd have another crack at this logo.
Tried to keep it clean/simple. Kept all the main elements: lion head, football, colours.
Traditional style shield, with a more modern take on the lion heads.
It could use some more work, but I'm pretty happy with it.

The concept for the official logo looks promising. Does anybody know if it is confirmed - or when they hope to introduce it?

That's one of the better ones.

I'd completely cut the maroon and blue though.
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Honestly don't see why so-called Roar fans are being so anal about being derived/descended/whatever from QLD Lions...you lot should be rubbing it in that you're the oldest club in the league??

The point is you ARE derived from Lions, whereas for eg. MV can't claim any tangible links to Carlton SC in the NSL*(I mention this b/c the Melbourne Victory name was 1st mooted in 2000 as a total rebrand of Carlton :idea:)

*[size=1]That Archie played for both doesn't count[/size];)

Edited by BA81: 25/7/2014 06:33:44 PM

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Can we close this thread lol ffs

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

When we see the Jersey, the emblem will be included, so its just a waiting game.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Or is that the 10 Anniversary, oh the beers, so many lol.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Just rather see the new kit tbh.

Someguy
Someguy
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Talking to yourself eh? How's that working out for you?
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Someguy wrote:
Talking to yourself eh? How's that working out for you?

You replied back, so its a start.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:

No.

You will enjoy my logo.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:

No.

You will enjoy my logo.

-PB

Pre-Season is too long :d

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:

No.

You will enjoy my logo.

-PB

Pre-Season is too long :d

x2

too many of these threads.

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
When we see the Jersey, the emblem will be included, so its just a waiting game.

I could be wrong, but my understanding was the new logo won't be available/registered until next season (15/16). That was my understanding anyways. Like you said, we will just have to wait and see.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy wrote:
MrBrisbane wrote:

I could be wrong, but my understanding was the new logo won't be available/registered until next season (15/16). That was my understanding anyways. Like you said, we will just have to wait and see.

Yea i honestly don't know, would be nice with a new logo but im not too fussed. If our logo is our biggest problem im ok with that ;).

Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

Okay I know these are not perfect but I thought I would have a go at designing a couple of concepts of what a Brisbane Roar crest could look like with a more traditional looking lion.

It should be noted that the two lions used are not my design and all credit goes out to those who made them. They are just used as a visual representation of a concept.

Canberra United - Member
KSV Hessen Kassel - Supporter
Lewes FC - Owner

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Volrath2002 wrote:
Okay I know these are not perfect but I thought I would have a go at designing a couple of concepts of what a Brisbane Roar crest could look like with a more traditional looking lion.

It should be noted that the two lions used are not my design and all credit goes out to those who made them. They are just used as a visual representation of a concept.

That first one is fucking awesome, I'd hope Brisbane look to change to something like that because the current one looks silly.

Viennese Vuck

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

That first one is fucking awesome, I'd hope Brisbane look to change to something like that because the current one looks silly.

Yes, let's choose an emblem that makes us look ancient and European. Wonderful way to appeal to the wider community and the younger generation. :roll:
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

This thread needs more posts.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

I definately dig those. well done =d> =d>
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

clockwork orange wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Yes, let's choose an emblem that makes us look ancient and European. Wonderful way to appeal to the wider community and the younger generation. :roll:

Well according to some people Brisbane Roar is a dutch club, so it would fit perfectly :-" :lol:
Mfrendin_Roar
Mfrendin_Roar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I Like this type of thing. someone make a logo! pls.

Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
I Like this type of thing. someone make a logo! pls.

I'll give it a go, I’ll see about a more modern looking lion design concept.
Thanks for the feedback anyway people.

I went with the more traditional lion as a lot of people have been wanting to see it. I wanted to keep the colours down to Orange, Black and White as these are the three colours Brisbane has played under as a club on the whole. The Black and orange now and the white from season one when they were the Queensland Roar.

But yeah I can see about how a more modern look would suite.

I do like the current Brisbane Roar crest however it is a kind of clunky crest on merchandise. It would make more sense to me to bring everything into one circle or even a shield but my preference is for a circle.

You could even go the same way as Liverpool and have a standard crest and then a very basic jersey crest which despite my dislike for Liverpool actually does look good.

Canberra United - Member
KSV Hessen Kassel - Supporter
Lewes FC - Owner

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

clockwork orange wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Game of thrones is the flavour of the month - Brisbane should capitalise on it...
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Burztur wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Game of thrones is the flavour of the month - Brisbane should capitalise on it...

Great to see that WSW and Victory supporters are so interested in the design of our logo - when their own are nothing but the letters 'V' and 'WSW'.

You guys thinking of buying some merchandise if we change the logo? :lol:

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend

clockwork orange wrote:
Burztur wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

Great to see that WSW and Victory supporters are so interested in the design of our logo - when their own are nothing but the letters 'V' and 'WSW'.

It's not something to take personally. I (and some others) just think that the one shown looks better than the current one.

And for the record, I'm not a huge fan of MV's because it's all a bit plain, I'd be open to a change. That said i'd rather club letters than a childish lion.

Viennese Vuck

clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class

melbourne_terrace wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
Burztur wrote:
clockwork orange wrote:
melbourne_terrace wrote:
Volrath2002 wrote:

It's not something to take personally. I (and some others) just think that the one shown looks better than the current one.

And for the record, I'm not a huge fan of MV's because it's all a bit plain, I'd be open to a change. That said i'd rather club letters than a childish lion.

So why don't you spend your time designing/lobbying for a new MV emblem?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search