The Top 10 Youngsters To Watch.

The Top 10 Youngsters To Watch.

Author
spider010
Super Fan
Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)Super Fan (173 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Barca4Life wrote:

Another who has impressed in pre-season Murnane will miss the start of the season while he's away on Australia U-20 duty in Myanmar.

Ironically Scott Galloway, another likely contender for the left-back role, will also be at that same tournament.

I fail to see the irony

Edited by spider010: 9/10/2014 06:06:10 PM
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Eastern Glory wrote:
pv4 wrote:
How much higher could we possibly want than Culina? Culina was a footballing god. One of the best centre mids I've seen.

... Apart from Zelic, he'd probably be the most technically complete player we've had.

If true, then it just goes to show how important a bit of pace and strength is for a midfielder, despite all the complaints about too much focus on those qualities.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Marakounas.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Not to turn this into a Glory thread - but there could still be a chance via injuries, just as we saw last season. Inevitably there will be and despite the depth of rotation, I think it's safe to say from experience not all the signings will 'impress' as expected! The Clisby's, O'Neill's, De Silva's, Woodcock's... it's not like they've done too much wrong? Davies and Woodcock should be backed now, as the deputy FBs for instance, otherwise what's the point of their experience?!

It's still strangely ironic, that Okon is doing us a favour in a way, by calling up the likes of De Silva and Woodcock - given they'd only be otherwise sitting/rotting on the Glory bench at best, more waiting for the NYL! It's nice that Okon gives them match practice for us! :cool: :/

Edited by GloryPerth: 9/10/2014 03:18:35 PM
AndyToddsElbow
AndyToddsElbow
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

sethman75 wrote:
It's criminal Brandon O'neill hasn't been given a chance at Perth.

I recall the first time i saw him play he was a straight swap for Jacob Burns and he looked twice the player Burns did.

Good workrate, good technical ability and can really screen that midfield well.

This has to be his year, the total mismanagement of the young players at Perth is criminal.

Unfortunately now has Griffiths, Zadkovich and Ferreria ahead of him and for just one DM spot in Kenny's formation. So yeah, agree
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf wrote:
22 isn't really 'young' in a when talking about young players to watch.

Also, Jordan brown at Victory will have a career in front of him.

Oh I know, agreed! Media do this all the time!! Ok, granted, Lamba may be a 'young 22' or 'old 22' (Given his injuries) - but he's just another example of one of those Aussie talents who we still talk of 'as having promise' even when they entering mid-20s?!

And the Wellington's 'VISA youngsters' - that's a joke. They may be early 20s, but they are VISA pros expected to perform almost instantly, just like any other VISA recruit! Kiwi youngsters on the other hand, they're exciting, I've never seen soo many young talents at Phoenix!

Eastern Glory wrote:
Rofl at O'neill being on that list... That ship has well and truly sailed.

I really hope you are wrong and I sure you hope that too. He DID see some chance with Lowe, late last season - hopefully that won't be the extent of his Glory experience.

Atleast they included a young Glory talent on the list? :-k Or atleast it's no De Silva for a chance - FFS now THAT ship... it's already circumnavigated the world! Lazy journos who were STILL listing him in such kinds of lists, recent times. Now he's not even a Glory player, except the seemingly pointless loan (For technicality due to Age I hear).

With O'Neill, De Silva etc... NO MORE EXCUSES, not for physique or lack of experience. Brandon O'Neill has been at the club since the Fergie years and he will enter his 20s this season. De Silva signed by Roma and in his last season here, no longer that 16 year old, he will be 18 soon and with little football last season and plenty time to recuperate and develop, off the field - plus a full pre-season - there can be no excuses not to give him a try. And if Lowe doesn't, results go south, then the next regime should!
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Davo1985 wrote:
pv4 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
Lo looked great last pre-season. Barely turned the ball over when I saw him play a couple of games.

Next Jason Culina <3

I'm really truly hoping he will surpass Culina. Because to be honest we need to be aiming much higher.

You've just made one hell of an enemy.

How much higher could we possibly want than Culina? Culina was a footballing god. One of the best centre mids I've seen.

You should really blue text that haha

He's being 100% serious. Apart from Zelic, he'd probably be the most technically complete player we've had.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
Lo looked great last pre-season. Barely turned the ball over when I saw him play a couple of games.

Next Jason Culina <3

I'm really truly hoping he will surpass Culina. Because to be honest we need to be aiming much higher.

Settle down champ.

Explain to me what amazing great heights Culina has reached? Any major international accolades?

In the last "golden generation" I can only think of Kewell, Cahill, Shwartzer and Viduka that actually ever hit any big heights.

Don't get me wrong Cukina was a good player but he was no starter for any big clubs in Europe. And that's what we should be striving for going forward.

Was only messing with ya. In all seriousness though, if any player in the next 15 years comes out with technique has as good as Jason's I'll be surprised. He did play 26 champions league games if that counts for anything?
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Next Jason Culina <3

You should really blue text that haha
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Martin Lo will never be a number 10... Will be much better suited as a short passing Matt McKay style 8. The guy who covers the whole pitch and always offers the short option, never turning it over.

This I can agree with. I wasn't totally sure of his position but after watching some of his videos it's clear he plays further back.
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro

Eastern Glory wrote:
Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Next Jason Culina <3

Settle down champ.

Explain to me what amazing great heights Culina has reached? Any major international accolades?

In the last "golden generation" I can only think of Kewell, Cahill, Shwartzer and Viduka that actually ever hit any big heights.

Don't get me wrong Cukina was a good player but he was no starter for any big clubs in Europe. And that's what we should be striving for going forward.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

lolitsbigmic wrote:
Tom AUFC wrote:
No Mabil? He could very well establish himself as one of the best attackers in the league this season.

yeah i was a bit wtf. He is almost a 1st team player. he what 18-19?

He will tear any defense apart with his speed.

The article is about the 'next' players likely to come through - I think the writer probably counted Mabil as having already made the breakthrough with his performances last season.

Did they do a similar article last season? If so, it would be interesting to see how predictions matched up to reality.

paladisious wrote:
Soon everybody will be talking about George Howard and Milos Ridesic.

Ridesic is good on the ball, but against the grown ups he'll get found out when they haven't got it. Grgic, from the Knights, is a better prospect.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Martin Lo will never be a number 10... Will be much better suited as a short passing Matt McKay style 8. The guy who covers the whole pitch and always offers the short option, never turning it over.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Just seen the lad (Martin Lo) on the you tube video, holy crap what a talent! Given he is only 16 he could be very special indeed, early days though but this kid seems to make Daniel De Silva look quite average. :P

I hope for Australian Football perspective Popa develops him into a genuine No.10 not a holding Mid, technically the lads almost perfect he rarely turns the ball over.

Also this is a video i found about Anthony Kalik if anyone wants to watch it, he looks like a promising prospect, again he is No.10 but looks fairly mobile (i.e Mitch Nichols) but physically he looks very good surprising given he is 16!

Edited by Barca4life: 9/10/2014 01:01:14 PM
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Very much looking forward to seeing Marty Lo in the A-league (maybe a 20 minute stint this season).

He's fast and very technical. He rarely gets dispossessed at NYL games without winning a foul, he seems to cover the ball very well. Problem is he is tiny, he makes Trifiro look like a giant. If he can grow a touch and retain his control he could be a very handy player in the future

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Next Jason Culina <3

Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Davo1985 wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Next Jason Culina <3

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Davo1985 wrote:
grazorblade wrote:
Cheers lo looks very good
kind of rogic like

Not really.

Technical wise yes, but Lo is a lot shorter and moves around better than Rogic. His passing ability is probably better too. Rogic certainly has more power in his shot, but i assume Lo will play much more like an Iniesta type of player. As a provider with incredible vision and technical ability.

But I am only basing my knowledge on footage ive seen. I'm sure others here that have seen him play live may be able to give a better analysis.

He does look good. Very happy that we are starting to develop players with high technical ability like Martin Lo, Rogic, De Silva, Amini, Caceres, Antonis, more & more.

Edited by robbos: 9/10/2014 11:29:35 AM
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro

Eastern Glory wrote:

Next Jason Culina <3

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

He reminds me of rogic how he can beat a player with his back turned
Rogic doesnt just beat them at his best mind you. He treats them like traffic cones. I wonder if we will ever see him fulfil his potential :-k
his peripheral vision and fitness might be better than rogics though

Edited by grazorblade: 9/10/2014 11:24:14 AM
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Next Jason Culina <3
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro

grazorblade wrote:
kind of rogic like

Not really.

Technical wise yes, but Lo is a lot shorter and moves around better than Rogic. His passing ability is probably better too. Rogic certainly has more power in his shot, but i assume Lo will play much more like an Iniesta type of player. As a provider with incredible vision and technical ability.

But I am only basing my knowledge on footage ive seen. I'm sure others here that have seen him play live may be able to give a better analysis.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Hoping Crowley kills it for the Jets NYL team and his name appears here next season [-o<

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

kind of rogic like
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro

grazorblade wrote:
vincenzogold wrote:
I really hope Martin Lo gets an opportunity. Every time I have seen the kid play he has been amazing such a creative player with technical brilliance

Edited by vincenzogold: 8/10/2014 08:05:47 PM

care to share

This video was taken about a year ago before signing for WSW. Looks absolutely quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMzLkDZGM0E

And here is the footage of him playing for WSW against Victory in the NYL. He sets up the goal. Watch from 4:50 to see his touch and then assist for goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb-pzCSEtI0

Edited by Davo1985: 9/10/2014 11:05:14 AM
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

AndyToddsElbow wrote:
[youtube]PdLIerfXuZ4#t=21[/youtube]

ftfy
pv4
pv4
Legend

robbos wrote:
pv4 wrote:
I don't think I agree with Lundy being in this article. I don't really see him cracking the HAL tbh. And I would consider him more of a wide left player than a number 9.

What are your thoughts on Hoole?

I think he's tenacious. He's pretty raw, but he holds somewhat of a maturity on the ball not seen by kids his age. He has a mean streak and doesn't mind a scrap.

But, that aggressive mentality also works against him. He can get in shitfights for no good reason at times.

I feel like if he can learn a lot about playmaking and general passing from the likes of Flores, Hoole could develop into a really well-rounded midfielder.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Rofl at O'neill being on that list... That ship has well and truly sailed.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
I don't think I agree with Lundy being in this article. I don't really see him cracking the HAL tbh. And I would consider him more of a wide left player than a number 9.

What are your thoughts on Hoole?
pv4
pv4
Legend

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search