The Official Tottenham Hotspur FC Thread- In Poch We Trust

The Official Tottenham Hotspur FC Thread- In Poch We Trust

Author
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
milan_7 wrote:
Come out of the woodwork now don't you you plastic cunts, been complaining about how fucking shit you are all season and how you hate the club and the manager, now you finish above us and you go back to being fucking self righteous wankers again. You may finish above us but you will never be in the title race because that is all you are satisfied with.

:lol: oh someone is angry that london is red and you had your best season t9 date and we had one of our worse and yet we still finish above you guys. Happy st totteringham day bitch
Edited
8 Years Ago by MvFCArsenal16.8
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
milan_7 wrote:
Come out of the woodwork now don't you you plastic cunts, been complaining about how fucking shit you are all season and how you hate the club and the manager, now you finish above us and you go back to being fucking self righteous wankers again. You may finish above us but you will never be in the title race because that is all you are satisfied with.

3 weeks ago your fans were chanting "Arsene Wenger we want you to stay" as you battled for the title.

Fast forward 3 weeks and you've fucked up your title chance and finished below us for the 21st year in a row after being humiliated 5-1 by a 10 man team who were already relegated.

Happy to be a righteous wanker :lol:

Edited by jlm8695: 16/5/2016 02:12:06 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by jlm8695
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Edited
8 Years Ago by salmonfc
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

jlm8695 wrote:
milan_7 wrote:

3 weeks ago your fans were chanting "Arsene Wenger we want you to stay" as you battled for the title.

Fast forward 3 weeks and you've fucked up your title chance and finished below us for the 21st year in a row after being humiliated 5-1 by a 10 man team who were already relegated.

Happy to be a righteous wanker :lol:

Edited by jlm8695: 16/5/2016 02:12:06 AM

I am happy to see us bottle it just so your lot have enough confidence to have yet another soul shattering failure next season :)

3rd is good for us.

But legit holy fucking shit i hope the players donate their salary to the fans who wasted money travelling to the north east wtf?

I don't even want to watch the highlights.

Contract extension for Arsene?
Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
milan_7 wrote:

If you scroll through the God's Chessboard thread you'll find for months all I've posted about is how I don't care who wins the league, as long as we finish above Sp*rs. Nothing even close to woodwork.

May you all have a safe and happy St Totteringham's Day.
Edited
8 Years Ago by pv4
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Edited
8 Years Ago by pv4
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

It's funny, so much anger on FB yet I saw it coming so I'm not even bothered. 3rd is good for us. However, losing 2nd to Arsenal shows that our back-up brigade isn't good enough.

Golden boot to Sir Harry though so it's not all doom and gloom. Best goal difference in the league. 2nd highest amount of goal scored.

We need serious reinforcement for next season with CL games coming up. I think Mason, Carroll and Chadli need to go. We need to bring in another central mid who can back up for Alli/Dembele.

I'll call it and say Vertonghen coming back in disrupted our defence. Toby and Wimmer were killing it.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
pv4
pv4
Legend

I genuinely didn't realise that you guys managed 2 less points than AVB's first full season in charge.
Edited
8 Years Ago by pv4
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

pv4 wrote:
I genuinely didn't realise that you guys managed 2 less points than AVB's first full season in charge.

:lol: Tottenham Bottlespur they call us.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I came here to laugh.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Prosecutor
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Lads just wanna say sorry for my outburst last night, understandable I presume. This club never seizes to disappoint me. Will probably post something more constructive later on but fuck me, what a joke. Usually I feel sad or upset after shit like this but right now just feel pure anger.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

How on earth can you bottle that ? All of us gooners were living in hope but you had to out spurs yaselfs :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by MvFCArsenal16.8
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
How on earth can you bottle that ? All of us gooners were living in hope but you had to out spurs yaselfs :lol:

We gave up after West Brom scored at WHL.

Imagine if we played as we did against Stoke the whole way. We'd have sewn up 2nd 3 weeks ago.

I think it was always likely to happen given our over reliance on certain players (Alli, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane). Bit pissed off at how uninspired the team looked. Newcastle were relegated for a reason.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

3rd is a good finish for you guys but losing on the final day and allowing Arsenal to finish above you in the process? That must hurt :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by aufc_ole
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Okay, lets get this show on the road. Out of our squad we have a few clear groups of players.

Title winning standard
Lloris
Kane
Alli (if he keeps it up)
Alderweireld
Dembele

Top 4 standard
Dier
Vertonghen
Lamela
Eriksen
Rose

Europa League standard
Wimmer
Son
Chadli
Davies

Mid table standard
Walker
Trippier
Bentaleb

Relegation scrap standard
Mason (harsh I know)
Carroll
Pritchard
Yedlin
N'jie
Vorm
Fazio

I left out Onomah and Winks because they are raw and a bit hard to judge. So we have 26 players, 10 of them are top 4 standard (what we want). For me we have to look at what we need. I think we need a new right sided centre half to deputise for Toby, two central midfielders and a forward. For me we should let go of Fazio, Carroll and Mason. I would also loan out Yedlin and possibly Pritchard. This leaves us with;

Lloris (Vorm)
Walker (Trippier)-Toby (New CB)-Vertonghen (Wimmer)-Rose (Davies)
Dier (New DM)-Dembele (Bentaleb)
Lamela (Son)-Eriksen (Pritch/Onomah/N'jie)-Alli (Chadli)
Kane (New ST)

A new CB would have to be good enough to challenge Toby (preferably young), they will get a fair bit of game time with cup commitments plus injuries so I know it is optimistic but I hope we chase Marc Bartra of Barcelona. 25 years old now and only made 10 starts this season. Barca technical director has said 'his personal situation could lead to a separation from the club'.

In central midfield, a powerhouse is key. This player will get plenty of games due to Dembele's injuries and Alli and Dier's suspension habits so I would hope they are of a high quality ideally with EPL experience. Optimistic again but I hope we pursue Victor Wanyama. Would be awesome and really looked like he was playing to prove a point against us last week.

Finally there is the problem of up front, this player has to be able to play behind Kane so that they play some games to. But must be first and foremost a striker. There is not many options here, I could say Lacazette but that won't happen. The most likely is Michy Batshuayi. Don't know much about him but is young, has 17 in 26 this season so he ticks all the boxes. Other options include Sadio Mane, Nabil Fekir or Eder but none really completely fit the bill so Batshuayi is our best bet.

Excited for what this off season will bring, Audere Est Facere - COYS!
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
pv4
pv4
Legend

As much as I rate Vertonghen I thought you guys looked way better without him tbh
Edited
8 Years Ago by pv4
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

pv4 wrote:
As much as I rate Vertonghen I thought you guys looked way better without him tbh
Think it was just the change while we were playing well and us going Spursy that killed us to be honest, got faith in him going forward but Wimmer is right behind him. Need that in every position.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

milan_7 wrote:
pv4 wrote:
Think it was just the change while we were playing well and us going Spursy that killed us to be honest, got faith in him going forward but Wimmer is right behind him. Need that in every position.

Vertonghen was caught of position too many times in the last 4 games. The killer for me was that our defence let West Brom score because we zone marked and Dier was caught off guard not knowing who to mark. A direct result of changing a successful backline.

I think we're far too reliant on the form of Eriksen. When he's shit, we're shit. Sir Harry is only as good as the service he gets. If he has to scrap for everything, we look second rate.

I think Son could be quality. He killed the Bundesliga.

I would also like to see what Pritchard can do. I think you're harsh on him.

Walker was fucking atrocious against Southampton. No drive. When he's on his game he's dangerous. When he's not, he's a liability.

I think we need to sign a creative midfielder (Modric come back pls [-o< ). I think Dier got tired at the end of the season. He was a beast for the first 3/4 then dropped off. Hugo also had a bad last few games.

I don't really know who I'd sign just yet but Schneiderlin hasn't had much of a look in at United. Still rate him very highly and he knows Poch's system.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

pv4 wrote:

I think that's more of a reflection on how well Wimmer did.

Vertonghen and Alderweireld suit each other well and as a paring are our best option. Hopefully they get more experience together at the Euros !
Edited
8 Years Ago by Vaughn2111
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Vaughn2111 wrote:
pv4 wrote:

I think that's more of a reflection on how well Wimmer did.

Vertonghen and Alderweireld suit each other well and as a paring are our best option. Hopefully they get more experience together at the Euros !

They looked very shakey in the last 3 games. Toby went like 500 mins without giving away a foul when paired with Wimmer.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BETHFC
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

So that is the transfer window done and we have brought in Wanyama, Janssen, Nkoudou, Lopez and Sissoko and got rid of Mason, Yedlin, Bentaleb, N'jie, Fazio, Pritchard and Chadli . Pretty much got everything we needed, but would of liked 'marquee' signing liked VDV was last time we were in the CL. Sissoko was a panic buy, no questions about it but in the end I was happy we got him as he adds versatility and pace, which we clearly lack in the front third. Lopez is a bit weird though, really do not understand the point at all considering it is a loan for a third goalkeeper that was starting in La Liga so will surely be expecting some cup gametime. Especially when Vorm has been so impressive thus far.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I'll be the first to laugh at the obscene amount of money you paid for Sissoko. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

Roar_Brisbane - 1 Sep 2016 11:39 PM

If we get the Euro's Sissoko you can shut your whore mouth haha

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Roar_Brisbane - 1 Sep 2016 11:39 PM

Obviously over the top but we needed something and he was available, almost happy we overpaid as it shows a lot of ambition from Levy. Always going to cost 20m at least and definitely not as obscene as some other transfers this window.

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

THE CHAAAAAMPIONSSSS!

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
lol
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

jlm8695 - 15 Sep 2016 3:44 PM
lol

To be fair Monaco are no slouches, they are top of the league in France and beat PSG last week. Still disappointing nonetheless but it is not like we lost to Ludogorets.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

3rd in the league is good. Shitty about Kane being injured but at least we actually have back up this season.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Amazing that we aren't even at full throttle yet and are still 3rd. Janssen not really looking that promising so far, played okay in his limited opportunities but already looks a bit intimidated in front of goal.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

milan_7 - 20 Sep 2016 4:46 PM
Amazing that we aren't even at full throttle yet and are still 3rd. Janssen not really looking that promising so far, played okay in his limited opportunities but already looks a bit intimidated in front of goal.

Yids all seem to be scared that Janssen is another Soldado.

Shit he's played like 3 games, give him a chance.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search