The Official Tottenham Hotspur FC Thread- In Poch We Trust

The Official Tottenham Hotspur FC Thread- In Poch We Trust

Author
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BETHFC - 21 Sep 2016 3:56 PM
milan_7 - 20 Sep 2016 4:46 PM

Yids all seem to be scared that Janssen is another Soldado.

Shit he's played like 3 games, give him a chance.

I guess it is like going back in the water for the first time after watching Jaws.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

We meet again so soon :)

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Bye bye CL

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0Nwz30FcjourCPRu/200.gif#2

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

jlm8695 - 23 Nov 2016 8:49 AM
Bye bye CL

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0Nwz30FcjourCPRu/200.gif#2

Didn't think it would be long before you showed up haha.

Shouldn't you be studying?

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

BETHFC - 23 Nov 2016 10:21 AM
jlm8695 - 23 Nov 2016 8:49 AM

Didn't think it would be long before you showed up haha.

Shouldn't you be studying?

Slow day at work!
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

jlm8695 - 23 Nov 2016 10:30 AM
BETHFC - 23 Nov 2016 10:21 AM

Slow day at work!

Lucky you.

Did you watch the game? We were f*cking abysmal. Son has all but lost his goalscoring touch.

Going to be hard against Cheal$ki.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

BETHFC - 23 Nov 2016 11:43 AM
jlm8695 - 23 Nov 2016 10:30 AM

Lucky you.

Did you watch the game? We were f*cking abysmal. Son has all but lost his goalscoring touch.

Going to be hard against Cheal$ki.

I caught glimpses. 

Didn't feel like I was watching Spurs at all, the intensity was very poor. 

I think there are some serious question marks over your attacking structure. Most of the penalties have been deserved, but from what I've seen clear cut chances have been few and far between. 

Think Eriksen and Kane have been disappointing this season. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

After finally getting level to ship their 2nd within seconds of koff said it all tbh.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Been a quiet thread lol......
I was at WHL last night watching the chelski game.
Atmosphere was epic - spurs mids and backs were spot on what a job done.
Hazard had one of those games, Costa was shut down - just wasn't on, in fact you could tell quite early the blues just weren't on.
More so because Poch had his squad primed and ready for this one and they delivered.
Erickson only did 2 right things that delivered perfect cross's for alli to meet perfectly.
Thankyou from a Reds supporter we needed this result as did others.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

LFC. - 6 Jan 2017 9:23 AM
Been a quiet thread lol......I was at WHL last night watching the chelski game.Atmosphere was epic - spurs mids and backs were spot on what a job done.Hazard had one of those games, Costa was shut down - just wasn't on, in fact you could tell quite early the blues just weren't on.More so because Poch had his squad primed and ready for this one and they delivered.Erickson only did 2 right things that delivered perfect cross's for alli to meet perfectly.Thankyou from a Reds supporter we needed this result as did others.

No worries.

I fucking hate Chelsea and to see them dominated makes me happy.

Only me and Milan post in here so not much point.

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Very jealous that you went to the Chelski game! Would have been amazing. Yeah like BE said, only two regular Spurs fans on here nowadays and I post on another Spurs forum so sort of pointless. Used to be the likes of Vaughn and Maxi on here too, I guess we don't really know what to say when we have it good after struggling for a while!
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer - at least there was a bit more back in the day with Vaughan and Maxi.
You guys are the last soldiers - I can't talk I'm the lone soldier in my Reds thread nowadays :( during a top season to date.

As said even though I would have preferred getting up to watching ZPool vsing the Black Kats timing was that is way too far and I just arrived in London only 3hrs before koff.
My eldest son traveling with me is a Spurs supporter and had lined up these tickets weeks ago and asked am I in, you bet I was.
If you've never been Milan got to be on the Bucket List mate, mind you the new stadium would be up and running but just to be around the British footballing scene was a highlight for me.
Being in the active Spurs support behind the goals was a hoot !
The banter towards the chelski support and to Costa especially and chanting was bloody great - even better that Alli made them suffer.
The Alli chant they sing is a good one I tell you - with his late header onto HT, they were still singing his song whilst most going to the bars for top ups lol.....all around the bar counters they were singing away, what a buzz.

Love Football

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

LFC. - 11 Jan 2017 8:05 AM
yer - at least there was a bit more back in the day with Vaughan and Maxi.
You guys are the last soldiers - I can't talk I'm the lone soldier in my Reds thread nowadays :( during a top season to date.

As said even though I would have preferred getting up to watching ZPool vsing the Black Kats timing was that is way too far and I just arrived in London only 3hrs before koff.
My eldest son traveling with me is a Spurs supporter and had lined up these tickets weeks ago and asked am I in, you bet I was.
If you've never been Milan got to be on the Bucket List mate, mind you the new stadium would be up and running but just to be around the British footballing scene was a highlight for me.
Being in the active Spurs support behind the goals was a hoot !
The banter towards the chelski support and to Costa especially and chanting was bloody great - even better that Alli made them suffer.
The Alli chant they sing is a good one I tell you - with his late header onto HT, they were still singing his song whilst most going to the bars for top ups lol.....all around the bar counters they were singing away, what a buzz.

Went once a few years ago, was against Newcastle back in 2009 but unfortunately I missed the goal, felt the ground shake as I was coming up the stairs. Wish I had seen a goal at White Hart Lane in that form but at least I saw a game and felt the atmosphere. I was with my family that time, currently saving to go again with my mates. Probably be 2019 or 2020 by the time I go.

Would you recommend going in the winter, when the games are more plenty but the weather is freezing or near the end of the season, where there are fewer games and it is harder to get tickets? I would also really like to go to an away game. I would of course go to other grounds across England and then finally see a match at the San Siro (although Milan may even be in a new ground by then). Hopefully Messi is still playing at that point to as I haven't seen him live before.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

We had Alli score right in front of us the 2nd goal and the celebration - was mad.
Obviously right now its bloody cold, rugged up its ok and you got to expect that.
We actually got tickets quite easily some 3weeks before the game through a website - then you wouldn't have known how important the fixture had become for as it came closer I expect it was sold out. As soon as we got off the train in Tottenham people were walking past asking of any spare tickets, then going to get our booked tickets from the box office opposite WHL in the que people were still asking for ticks, we could have sold ours for double I expect lol......
Jan period is good because of the busy schedule, you can attend games within days of each other then either Cup or EFL games, this suits if only there for 1-2wks.
As said you can deal with the cold, rain and cold would be the challenge I expect, we've had no rain for our time in London so that was good.
Another thing I liked traveling by train in London you have the daily news paper at all stations for free, its full of football to read.

Haha, were in Ronlados home tome of Madeira now then to Lisbon Spain.
Spain hoping to see a Real or Barca game BUT we finish our trip 9days in Italy from Rome up - we have my beloved Juve fixture set to attend :) if only Pirlo was still with them for me.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

What a beautiful way to say goodbye to the Lane, looked like a magical night and was perfectly done by the club.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

This has me in bits

It is quite something, Welcome to White Hart Lane in a sense as you have always known it, as you will perhaps forever remember it but will never see it again. Bill Nicholson Way, number 748 High Road Tottenham is due for demolition and rebirth and today a football club which has forever embraced the sporting endeavour of human beings of flesh and blood glories nostalgically in bricks and water.

Manchester United, for once the undercard, today as Spurs, near confirmed Premier League runners up, host them. We celebrate the fabric of a building, a site, a home. A home of Sandy Brown and Jimmy Dimmock long before any of us can remember, Bill Nicholson and Danny Blanchflower and Dave Mackay. Cliff Jones and Jimmy Greaves, the great Jimmy Greaves. Venables, Mullery, Jennings, Chivers and Peters. Perryman and Hughton, Ardiles and Villa, Crooks and Archibald. Hoddle and Waddle, Allen, Gascoigne, Lineker, Klinsmann, Ginola, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Bale, Modric, many glittering others and now the home of Alli and Kane.

And somehow fittingly the visitors are a historical kinder in spirit, showbiz, glamour, entertainment, buzz, glory glory Man United visit Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur. And the cockerel gazes down from its perch and the Spurs come marching in.

The site and the soundtrack of the Lane, 118 years across three different centuries.

And now the teams…

Match number 2533 at White Hart Lane, and the cockerel gets pic’d every week. Golden and glorious, an emblem of tradition at a club of tradition, Audere Est Facere, To Dare is to Do. And down the years they’ve done things properly here, its a club that prides itself on style, its a club that puts on an occasion, it’s a club that has won the greatest honours in the domestic game and it won’t be quite the same once its not this place anymore.

- Peter Drury's opening monologue.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

My interest is purely based going back in the ol days and the ex players mentioned above but more so now due to my eldest son being a huge supporter that as mentioned before I think during our Euro trip back in Jan we were at WHL seeing the win against chelski.
Have to say it was an epic night for us and my boy was in the "zone" with fellow spurs supporters, even I got up with the Alli song lol....
What a finish to the season - yer as they say were all the first of the losers but Ponch has you playing well, you got CL, new ground, future looking good, gooners below you, not a bad outcome looking ahead.

Love Football

sam992
sam992
Under 7s
Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)

Thanks for the thread generator! A cool conversation this has been!
http://popupmaker.com/

Web Designer at Popup Maker

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Spurs thread only one thats get hit with a bot

#spursy
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Join in pals

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/2547683/Fantasy-EPL-201718-TAKE-YOUR-PLACE-NOW#bm2548479

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Looks like Kyle Walker is gone, such a shame but can't blame him for wanting to earn triple the wage and not have to work as hard. We've finished in front of City two seasons in a row so they can keep spending their 50m on each player.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

milan_7 - 14 Jul 2017 12:19 PM
Looks like Kyle Walker is gone, such a shame but can't blame him for wanting to earn triple the wage and not have to work as hard. We've finished in front of City two seasons in a row so they can keep spending their 50m on each player.

If I were Levy, i'd drive Walker to City in a pink tutu myself for $50mil. He's not worth even close to that.

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

BETHFC - 14 Jul 2017 1:57 PM
milan_7 - 14 Jul 2017 12:19 PM

If I were Levy, i'd drive Walker to City in a pink tutu myself for $50mil. He's not worth even close to that.

Money is irrelevant IMO, we are strengthening a rival and weakening ourselves. All the prices are out of proportion anyway and a replacement is going to be tough to find. Trippier will probably start now but I don't think he is as good as Walker. If Trippier is going to be our starter Adam Smith from Bournemouth could be a good back up, local lad as well.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Have Spurs been linked to anyone? Kelechi seems off to Leicester but thats the only link I can see. The rest seems to be departures. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

RedKat - 14 Jul 2017 2:45 PM
Have Spurs been linked to anyone? Kelechi seems off to Leicester but thats the only link I can see. The rest seems to be departures. 

Their squad is at the stage where only world class players would improve them, so i'd expect them to be quiet this window except for back ups and maybe a RB. 
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

jlm8695 - 14 Jul 2017 3:19 PM
RedKat - 14 Jul 2017 2:45 PM

Their squad is at the stage where only world class players would improve them, so i'd expect them to be quiet this window except for back ups and maybe a RB. 

Barkley is heavily linked, he has been left off their trip to Tanzania. I think we will get him and a back up right back. Also signing a young Argentinian centre back by the name of Foyth, of whom I know nothing about.

Iheanacho would be incredible as a back up to Harry and relinquish some of the pressure on him to stay fit. If we could keep the same starting XI, and change the players coming off the bench from Sissoko, Nkoudou and Janssen to Barkley, a returning Lamela and Iheanacho then we will be sweet.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search