2015 FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds

2015 FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
Underdogs Celtic carry Alice Springs’ hopes in FFA Cup zone decider against Darwin’s Olympic
NICK KOSSATCH NT NEWS JUNE 26, 2015 10:31AM

Steve Jones, Linwood Koonce, Nick Schmull and Kris Wheeler and the rest of the Celtic Football Club are in Darwin to compete against the Darwin Olympic team on June 27.
CELTIC playing coach Kris Wheeler said his young team had exceeded all expectations as their dream remains alive ahead of their ‘North versus South’ Westfield FFA Cup showdown at the Darwin Football Stadium on June 27.

Wheeler, captain Steve Jones, Matt Wallace and Todd Fishwick lead an experienced brigade, wonderfully complemented with talented youngsters in Linwood Koonce, Nick Schmull, Dion Bandiera and striker Joe Worrall.

“We’ll have pretty much the same lineup except for Andrew Pye who has become available and he’s back from holidays,” Wheeler said.

The team arrived in Darwin on June 25 ahead of several team bonding sessions.

“We’ll have a light session down at the ground,” Wheeler said.

The manner how the team have jelled has pleasantly surprised Wheeler considering the many changes to Celtic’s playing roster from last season to this one.

“It’s been surprising just how far we’ve progressed throughout the season since the start,” Wheeler said.

“I sort of thought it was more a rebuilding compared to the last couple of seasons because we lost so many players from last season’s squad.

“I think we only have four coming back from last season and I think we have six players involved from our under-16 side, so I thought it was more going to be a rebuilding than what the position where we are now.”

He said the younger players had relished the opportunity they had been given.

“It’s a credit to the young lads and they’ve got good attitudes and are good young players that are willing to learn and also listen ... it’s been a really good balance,” Wheeler said.

He also praised young goalkeeper Jacob Moore and bench players Jaiden Fritz and reserve ‘keeper Ethan Bowman

Wheeler said Dion Bandiera could be used in the second half where his explosive pace and freakish skills could be a telling factor in the second half.

“He’s likely to start on the bench and we can use him in the second half while others are getting tired and it will be warm, we’re hoping to use him then,” Wheeler said.

The focus will not be so much on the opposition, but rather to play to tune that has been so much on song throughout Celtic’s FFA Cup campaign.

“We’ll be going in as the underdogs and play they way we know how we can,” Wheeler said.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/centralian-advocate/underdogs-celtic-carry-alice-springs-hopes-in-ffa-cup-zone-decider-against-darwins-olympic/story-fnk4wgm8-1227415881542
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

I liked the look of Heidelbergs stadium. Now they have fixed the lights too. Since I lived in Viewbank from birth until I moved to Qld they are my local Victorian team.

#GoBergers
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Lions FC
9 hrs ·

FFA Cup Draw: Calling all Lions FC players, coaches and supporters to come along to the LIVE FFA Cup Draw taking place on the big screens in the Casuarina Room at Lions Richlands. Be there for 3.30pm on Wednesday 1st July for the LIVE draw taking place at 4pm. Be sure to show your Lions colours. #prideandpassion
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I like clubs taking the initiative. Good to see them well sponsored too.

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Quote:
Lions hunt A-League prize with help from Fire coach
Anthony Brand

HE featured in the prestigious FA Cup and amassed more than 300 professional games and now Paul Arnison could emerge as Noosa's X-Factor when it faces Palm Beach in round seven of the nationwide FFA Cup today.

The 37-year-old Sunshine Coast Fire coach played in several state league games this year but recently decided to step back from the semi-professional ranks to give younger players a go.

Unable to fathom retirement, Arnison called his good mate and Noosa coach Ben Cahn to see if he could have a run, under the proviso he would not train with the side and coaching the Fire would remain his prime focus.

"Noel Woodall (Fire owner) tapped me on the shoulder and said that I should step aside and give a younger guy a go and I understand that." Arnison said.

"You are a long time finished (though) and I just wanted to play with my mates and I think it is important for me to keep doing what I love doing.

"If it (playing for Noosa) clashes with (coaching) the Fire then obviously the Fire comes first."

Cahn jumped at his offer and the midfielder played in a regular season match against Coolum before running out for the Lions in last week's round six FFA Cup win over Hervey Bay.

"I am over the moon to have someone who has played so many professional games turn up on the doorstep and say he wants to play for us," Cahn said.

"We will make the most of all of his qualities and use his help to get through the next round."

Arnison has the chance to help Noosa progress past state league side Palm Beach and into the national round of 32 which could potentially see the Lions host an A-League team at Sunshine Beach, a mouth-watering prospect for local football fans.

"I played in the FA Cup in England and fans take to it even more seriously because it is a special occasion and anything can happen and it is the same in these FFA Cup games," Arnison said.

"Noosa is a local league side and we will go to Palm Beach with nothing to fear and everything to play for.

"They (Palm Beach) are not the side that they were last year."

Cahn has tasked Arnison with leading the troops around the park and Arnison said he was only too happy to oblige.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/lions-hunt-a-league-prize-with-help-from-fire-coac/2688092/#.VY3dZp9UjRc.facebook
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

FICA Celtic
20 mins ·

7pm kickoff FFA Cup NT Final!

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

QueenslandSoccerNews ‏@QldSoccerNews 1m1 minute ago
25' Tim Jackson for Palm Beach denied at one end and then Craig Hawkins for Noosa at the other by the upright. PB 0 v NL 0 #FFACup
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Noosa Lions Football Club
Just now ·
Half time 0-0

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

dun dun dun daah

QueenslandSoccerNews ‏@QldSoccerNews 3m3 minutes ago
GOAL: 72' The pressure tells. Sub Jack Boxall scores another critical #FFACup goal for the Sharks. @PalmBeachSC 1 v Noosa Lions 0
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

82' Noosa penalty hits post.

Edited by scott21: 27/6/2015 09:21:53 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

No stream I can see

Adelaide City FC
@AdelaideCityFC
4m
16' | This time Suzuki hits the post for @AdelaideCityFC 0 v @CroydonKingsFC 0 @FFSANPL @FFACup #FFACup #
View location ·
    Adelaide City FC
@AdelaideCityFC
7m
12' | Bucco shot ricochets off the upright! @AdelaideCityFC 0 v @CroydonKingsFC 0 #FFACup @FFSANPL @FFACup #ACvCK #AC
View location ·

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10180-0-0-0

Stream on here.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

milan_7 wrote:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-10180-0-0-0

Stream on here.

Danke
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Also the commentators are awful watch out :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

A few players to watch would be Klimek (Number 5), Munro (the GK) and Visconte for Croydon, as well as Costa, Bucco, Mullen and Allwright for City.

Also, this Croydon kit is beautiful.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

milan_7 wrote:
A few players to watch would be Klimek (Number 5), Munro (the GK) and Visconte for Croydon, as well as Costa, Bucco, Mullen and Allwright for City.

Don't Croyden normally play in Red & White (being a Polish club and all). Is this their third kit or something?

I don't see how it clashes with Juventus' black and white.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Edited
8 Years Ago by Heineken
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Thanks to TheSelect, Hein, tbim, brenton, aussieshorter and other contributors. Its been a hell of a ride

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89004

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Thanks scott21 and to all who keep contributing.

Love Football

Edited
8 Years Ago by LFC.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Heineken wrote:
milan_7 wrote:

Don't Croyden normally play in Red & White (being a Polish club and all). Is this their third kit or something?

I don't see how it clashes with Juventus' black and white.
Normal kit is white with red trim, I know in previous years they have had a red away kit, I think this is their cup kit. The commentators said something about it.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

scott21 wrote:

:cry:

I just hope Brisbane gets to host at least one game. Olympic vs Melb Knights last year was great.

Edited
8 Years Ago by aussieshorter
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

M.L. wrote:

And TSF. Gee. :roll:

Edited
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
M.L. wrote:

Hey I quoted ALL who keep contributing - wouldn't that include TSF ? TSF ? :d
Didn't think you'd be a sensative biatch ;)

Love Football

Edited
8 Years Ago by LFC.
Footballsack
Footballsack
Super Fan
Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)Super Fan (106 reputation)

M.L. wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
M.L. wrote:

Hey, I'm here, too!
Edited
8 Years Ago by Footballsack
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Footballsack wrote:
M.L. wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
M.L. wrote:

Hey, I'm here, too!

Its hard being this sexy :'(

Edited
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:

So how about an early prediction. Of the 22 non-A-League clubs, how many will qualify again this year? As a reminder, these were the clubs:

Hint: The maximum number is 19 (of the 7 from NSW, two spots were lost to the NPL Champion and NT, and only four can make it based on the draw)

My guess is 10.

Looking back at this, I wasn't far off. Eight of the 22 clubs involved last year have qualified again:

- Broadmeadow Magic
- Sydney Olympic
- Blacktown City
- Sydney United 58
- Brisbane Strikers
- FNQ Heat
- Palm Beach Sharks
- South Hobart

Edited
8 Years Ago by aussieshorter
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aussieshorter wrote:
aussieshorter wrote:

So how about an early prediction. Of the 22 non-A-League clubs, how many will qualify again this year? As a reminder, these were the clubs:

Hint: The maximum number is 19 (of the 7 from NSW, two spots were lost to the NPL Champion and NT, and only four can make it based on the draw)

My guess is 10.

Looking back at this, I wasn't far off. Eight of the 22 clubs involved last year have qualified again:

- Broadmeadow Magic
- Sydney Olympic
- Blacktown City
- Sydney United 58
- Brisbane Strikers
- FNQ Heat
- Palm Beach Sharks
- South Hobart

A completely new set of Melbourne clubs is a surprise to me.

Edited
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Yeah, I thought we might have seen Bentleigh get in again, and Sprinvale got awfully close.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Edited
8 Years Ago by Heineken
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Heineken wrote:
Yeah, I thought we might have seen Bentleigh get in again, and Sprinvale got awfully close.

Bentleigh should have. Fuck me dead they are a class outfit. Very professional.

Edited
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Bentleigh should have. Fuck me dead they are a class outfit. Very professional.

Yep I also would've liked to see them get through. Seems like a well run club.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Draupnir
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Nek minute they get pumped 4 nil by Green Gully at home.

Edited
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search