The Pirate Bay is down

The Pirate Bay is down

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
THE PIRATE BAY HAS NOT BEEN RESURRECTED – YET
BY ANDY ON DECEMBER 10, 2014 C: 120
BREAKING
The Pirate Bay has been down for less than a day and already the rumor machine is firing on all cylinders. Contrary to several reports in the Sydney Morning Herald and elsewhere, The Pirate Bay has not been resurrected and is not operating under a new domain. Not yet at least.

pirate-crThere hasn’t been this much panic in the file-sharing world since 2006. Back then the cause was a huge police raid that targeted The Pirate Bay in its Swedish homeland. Now, eight years later, it’s deja vu all over again.

As everyone knows by now, yesterday morning Swedish police raided a data center in Nacka, Stockholm. A little time later The Pirate Bay disappeared offline and late last evening anti-piracy group Rights Alliance took responsibility for the complaint that forced the site offline.

In the hours that followed dozens of news reports appeared, most of which accurately reported the facts so far. However, several outlets, Sydney Morning Herald included, reported overnight that The Pirate Bay was in the process of being resurrected at a brand new domain.

The domain mentioned in most of the reports is the Costa Rica based ThePirateBay.cr. As can be seen from the screenshot below, it does indeed look like The Pirate Bay.

pirate-cr
Only adding to the excitement (or perhaps causing it), plenty of posts appeared on Reddit trumpeting this domain as the site’s new home. Sadly, however, these reports are wide of the mark.

ThePirateBay.cr is a Pirate Bay proxy/mirror service (it’s listed by Proxybay) and as such relies entirely on The Pirate Bay for its torrent content. Currently it has none. The site appears to be operating out of the Netherlands and only became widely available in October.

While admittedly quite popular in India (it recently became its 1,349th most popular site according to Alexa, already people are proclaiming the .CR domain as the new Pirate Bay. In fact, someone has already begun marketing a range of t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, posters and greetings cards carrying the site’s name.

The confusion appears to stem from the fact that some “proxy” homepages stay up even when The Pirate Bay goes down as they cache some content. As can be seen from the screenshot below, another proxy ‘labaia.me‘ displays just fine, but then does nothing when the user attempts to find torrents.

LaBaia
While still in the early hours following the shutdown, there’s nothing to suggest that The Pirate Bay’s domains have fallen into the hands of the authorities. This suggests that if the site does reappear, it will do so via one of its existing domains, although that position is certainly open to change.

In the meantime users should be cautious of sites claiming to be “the new Pirate Bay”. While most probably just want to get some traffic, there could be others with more nefarious ideas in mind.

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-has-not-been-resurrected-yet-141210/

RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Thank god for Kickass
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

RedshirtWilly wrote:
Thank god for Kickass

And 50 million other sites haha.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Aren't they all on virtual servers anyway?

Viennese Vuck

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
RedshirtWilly wrote:
Thank god for Kickass

This is what I use. Never even been on pirate bay.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

melbourne_terrace wrote:

Still has to sit somewhere physically.

-PB

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

RedshirtWilly wrote:
Thank god for Kickass

u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

TIL about Kickass. Thanks guys.

Pirate bay will be back though.

#keeptheinternetfree
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

melbourne_terrace wrote:

That's like saying cloud data is data stored online.

There still has to be a server somewhere to run it

Edited by redshirtwilly: 11/12/2014 12:21:10 PM
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

eztv down as well?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

aufc_ole wrote:
eztv down as well?

As is yify, they were all hosted on the same datacenter.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

aufc_ole wrote:
eztv down as well?

-PB

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
eztv down as well?

-PB

Yify is working for me.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
RedshirtWilly wrote:
Thank god for Kickass

who even uses PB any more? may as well get on the old bear share or lime wire or napster.

Edited by inala brah: 11/12/2014 11:40:59 PM

tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

inala brah wrote:
pv4 wrote:
RedshirtWilly wrote:
Thank god for Kickass

who even uses PB any more? may as well get on the old bear share or lime wire or napster.

Edited by inala brah: 11/12/2014 11:40:59 PM
It had everything i needed/expect from a torrent website. A search bar, magnet link, top option had the most seeders and it had hot chicks with large breasts down the side of the page. I had no reason to swap websites for years.

But my hard drive got wiped a couple days ago and then this happens, so thanks for all the new sites everyone. :)
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

pv4 wrote:
RedshirtWilly wrote:
Thank god for Kickass

Same.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

why torrent ? ](*,) , your IP is exposed to everyone and they can see what you're getting, there are many other alternatives, anyway you'll soon be blocked from torrent sites so you'll need a vpn to get around it.

I only ever torrent when I can't find what I'm looking for in normal places, and never a new release be it movie, show or music, people are watching.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

StiflersMom wrote:
why torrent ? ](*,) , your IP is exposed to everyone and they can see what you're getting, there are many other alternatives, anyway you'll soon be blocked from torrent sites so you'll need a vpn to get around it.

I only ever torrent when I can't find what I'm looking for in normal places, and never a new release be it movie, show or music, people are watching.

No one asked for your moral lecture. Take it somehere else.

notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

If you're not protecting your IP when torrenting you're doing it very wrong.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:
StiflersMom wrote:

No one asked for your moral lecture. Take it somehere else.

Ha, wasn't a moral lecture, I was merely pointing out there are alternative's to torrents, that might be teh paradox but you might need to know warez to look, clearly you don't follow news groups

Edited by StiflersMom: 13/12/2014 12:30:53 PM
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
If you're not protecting your IP when torrenting you're doing it very wrong.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

australiantibullus
australiantibullus
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

What do you guys recommend to use to hid your ip?
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

australiantibullus wrote:

Read up about VPNs and seedboxes, probably also about private trackers as using the later with stuff you get from TPB or kickass is not a great idea.

StiflersMom usenet ain't what it used to be but it's still pretty good once you have everything set up for tv.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

mcjules wrote:
australiantibullus wrote:

Read up about VPNs and seedboxes, probably also about private trackers as using the later with stuff you get from TPB or kickass is not a great idea.

StiflersMom usenet ain't what it used to be but it's still pretty good once you have everything set up for tv.

don't forget proxy servers.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/pirate-bay-shutdown-has-had-virtually-no-effect-on-digital-piracy-levels-1201378756/
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

http://thepiratebay.cr/
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So it's back.
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
So it's back.

Bit suspect at the moment. Admitted to storing users info. I don't believe the people claiming it's the FBI that's behind it, but apparently the company whose software they are using to monitor user data is based in the US, meaning the FBI could subpoena them for that information at any time. A pirate bay admin has said they will remove the software when the site is back in full swing.
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
they dont seem to have an issue with streaming as much, although most of those stream sites are littered with viruses and malware

Speaking of streaming: Wiziwig's not around for us anymore :-k
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Condemned666 wrote:
they dont seem to have an issue with streaming as much, although most of those stream sites are littered with viruses and malware

Speaking of streaming: Wiziwig's not around for us anymore :-k

nah they had a statement up on the website something about getting sued i thnk
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search