United States of America: Commander in Chief Joe Biden

United States of America: Commander in Chief Joe Biden

Author
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Unshackled wrote:
mcjules wrote:
I'm surprised that image is being tolerated by the mods, I think Unshackled is surprised too that it hasn't gotten the reaction he intended :roll:

mcjules wrote:
Anyway, hope you're happy Unshackled I've given you what you wanted Shhh

I like how you assume to know what I'm thinking and speak on my behalf. It comes across as very smug ;)

Much like your attempts to post controversially, that's not unintentional ;)

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Edited by MrBrisbane: 17/3/2016 09:23:26 PM

Edited
8 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/mtv-music-awards-2015-kanye-west-announces-2020-presidential-candidacy-20150831-gjbjae.html
AzzaMarch
AzzaMarch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

MrBrisbane wrote:
So apparently Trump is going to fight a Bear...... :-s :shock: :lol:

Donald Trump has announced plans to fight a bear in Mexico on September 11th. (AP Photo/Dennis System)
In an interview today with Fox News, Presidential nominee Donald Trump has accepted a challenge by the The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) to fight a bear in Mexico next month.

Trump told Fox News that the fight will take place on September 11th, commemorating the 14th anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

“As President, you won’t ever see me back down from a fight,” Trump said. “After I destroy that bear, you will all finally see what I see on a daily basis; that America is by far the greatest country in the world.”

The fight will take place at the Mexican Coliseum in Mexico City and feature Banjo the Grizzly Bear, who weighs in at 190lbs and is 6ft tall. In comparison, Trump’s height is 6 feet, 2 inches and weighs approximately 198 lbs.

“What can I say, Trump loves America,” Paul Horner, one of Trump’s spokesman told NBC News. “A man who will fight a bear in Mexico, wow, what more do you want in a President?”

“I hope the bear eats that racist motherf*cker,” Ricardo Alvarez of the the NCLR told reporters. “Trump is rallying his supporters around a narrative of nationalistic pride, collective frustration, and dehumanizing language regarding persons of color and women, and this should not be a platform that the American people embrace. The last thing America needs is a President that will divide the country further with more hate and racism. If Trump gets eaten it would truly prove that there is a higher power out there that is looking out for us, ridding the world of evil.”

The reason for the challenge comes after statements made by Trump just weeks ago about the Hispanic community.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists,” Trump said. “We have drug dealers coming across, we have rapists, we have killers, we have murderers.”

Ironically, those comments came shortly after announcing that he will win the Latino vote if nominated for the Republican candidate for President.

“I have a great relationship with the Mexican people. I have many people working for me – look at the job in Washington – I have many legal immigrants working with me. And many of them come from Mexico. They love me, I love them,” the 2016 GOP contender said in an interview with NBC News. “And I’ll tell you something, if I get the nomination, I’ll win the Latino vote.”

Trump finished his interview with Fox News encouraging everyone to watch the fight on pay-per-view next month.

“That bear doesn’t have a chance, just like all the illegals in this country when I become President,” Trump said. “You all have asked me how I plan on deporting 11 million Mexicans?” Trump laughs, “The answer is simple… Juan by Juan.”

http://nbc.com.co/donald-trump-accepts-challenge-to-fight-bear-in-mexico/

The funny thing is that Trump is such a cartoon character that it takes a while to work out which articles are parody, and which are just quoting the ridiculous things he has actually said.
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum recently appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher. He denied the consensus on man-made climate change. It’s what he does. He’s a denier.

To support his claim that the 97% consensus isn’t real, Santorum said “The head of the U.N. IPC [sic] said that number was pulled out of thin air.” Rick Santorum is wrong.

He’s almost certainly referring to Richard Tol, who actually said that the 97% figure was pulled out of thin air. Richard Tol was one of the “lead authors” of the latest IPCC reports — one of over 680 lead authors of the latest IPCC reports. Richard Tol contributed to one chapter out of three reports: chapter 10 of working group II: “Key economic sectors and services.” He was one of 8 lead authors on that one chapter of one of the three IPCC reports: the one about economic sectors and services. You see, Richard Tol is not a climate scientist. He’s a professor of economics at Sussex University, and of “the Economics of Climate Change” at Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He’s an economist.

Richard Tol isn’t the head of the U.N. IPCC. Where Rick Santorum got that idea? I don’t know; maybe he pulled it out of his ass.

Out of over 680 lead authors, Rick Santorum managed to find 1 of 8 lead authors on one chapter in three massive reports who dismisses the 97% consensus — then told America that he was “head of the U.N. IPC” (it’s IPCC, not IPC). Richard Tol damn sure ain’t “head of the U.N. IPC [sic].”

Santorum went on to say that the 97% consensus was based on a survey of 77 scientists. Rick Santorum is wrong again. He’s probably referring to the study by Doran (2009), which found 75 of 77 actual climate scientists endorsed the consensus view. But the consensus comes from many studies, not just one survey, starting with Oreskes 2004, in which, out of 928 scientific research papers about climate, none disagreed with the consensus view. Cook et al. (2013) found that of 4,014 climate science research papers, 97% which stated a position endorsed the consensus view, and among the 10,356 scientists who authored those 4014 papers, 98.4% endorsed the consensus view.

But misstating “facts” is the kind of thing we expect from Rick Santorum. Rather than do some of the work required actually to learn about the subject, he’ll do nothing more than listen to those who tell him what he wants ot hear, then lie to America so he can push his political agenda. I’d rather have a president who was willing to get to the bottom of things, to find out the real deal, than one who’s intellectually lazy and so agenda-driven that he’ll spout drivel about an issue as important as global warming.

https://tamino.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/100-consensus/#more-7713
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Thought it was pretty ludicrous that donald trump could be president. But it looks like he has a real chance now. may god have mercy on us all.
trident
trident
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Can anyone from the racist party beat Hillary though?
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

trident wrote:
Can anyone from the racist party beat Hillary though?

Racist party :lol:

Anyway, I'd back most of the Republican party to beat that lying bitch.

CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP
AzzaMarch
AzzaMarch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

I am willing to wager $100 that Jeb Bush gets the Republican nomination. Or at least that Trump will not get it.

I don't like Hillary very much, but she will win the Dems nom in a canter.

Bush v Clinton - I guaran-damn-tee it!
AzzaMarch
AzzaMarch
Semi-Pro

This early on in Primary season the polls are misleading. Look to the betting markets for an accurate prediction:

These polls are all based on some version of this question: “Right now, which of these candidates do you prefer?”

But in crowded, pell-mell elections like this, statisticians and political scientists prefer a very different question: “Who do you think will actually win?”

PredictWise puts very different odds on who will actually win, giving Mr. Bush a 37% chance, followed by Florida Sen. Marco Rubio at 21% and Mr. Trump at 12%. The site has Mrs. Clinton as a much bigger favorite, at 64%, despite her 44% standing in the average of the national polls.

Mr. Rothschild, along with fellow economist Justin Wolfers, made the case in a 2012 paper for why voter expectation is a sounder data point than voter preference. Examining data from dozens of elections, both national and local, the authors found “robust evidence that polls probing voters’ expectations yield more accurate predictions of election outcomes than the usual questions asking about who they intend to vote for.”

Mr. Rothschild estimated last year that the expectation question, because it taps such a wide sweep of facts and knowledge, has essentially 10 times the potency of asking the same person: “Who will you vote for?”

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/09/25/election-polling-when-who-will-win-beats-who-do-you-like/

Edited by AzzaMarch: 30/9/2015 12:38:58 PM
trident
trident
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Trump is unelectable.
Of course it will be Jeb Bush v Hillary Clinton
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Bush will be president.

The US will wage war on ISIS for the next decade. Lock it in.
trident
trident
Semi-Pro

I think its time for a woman president and Hillary will win
JP
JP
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Hillary will definitely win (can't say that makes me especially happy, but unless Biden enters the race she's the best of a bad bunch). She has the Democratic nomination locked in and right now the demographics and the makeup of the electoral college are very favourable to the Democrats.

The Republican nominee will be Bush or Rubio.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

trident wrote:
I think its time for a woman president and Hillary will win

I don't think gender is relevant but cheers.

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

switters wrote:
Thought it was pretty ludicrous that donald trump could be president. But it looks like he has a real chance now. may god have mercy on us all.

I'm torn between wanting it to happen for the shits and giggles that it would lead to and outright fucking fear of what would happen to the world.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Hilary vs Trump ](*,) :-&

And people think Australian politics is bad.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

trident
trident
Semi-Pro

Bernie Sanders is good but I'll settle for Hillary
as long as the republicans dont get in else we'll be set for another decade of war somewhere
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

trident wrote:
Bernie Sanders is good but I'll settle for Hillary
as long as the republicans dont get in else we'll be set for another decade of war somewhere

Sanders is too left wing for anyone.
AzzaMarch
AzzaMarch
Semi-Pro

Ben Carson - I am amazed that a guy who is intelligent enough to be a neurosurgeon can be so off the rails mental when it comes to everything else...
trident
trident
Semi-Pro

AzzaMarch wrote:
Ben Carson - I am amazed that a guy who is intelligent enough to be a neurosurgeon can be so off the rails mental when it comes to everything else...

he's paid well to play uncle Tom
AzzaMarch
AzzaMarch
Semi-Pro

There is a massive element of using Carson to criticise Obama, I agree with you there.

"Look a black guy is saying it, we aren't racist!"
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

trident wrote:
AzzaMarch wrote:

he's paid well to play uncle Tom

Im waiting for him to start shucking and jiving. Guy is a nutter.
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Donal trump for the lols, might as well have something to laugh at while the world gets destroyed :lol:
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Ben carson:lol: what the actual fuck. First he says the oregon shootimg victims wouldve stopped the shootinga if they had guns, now has said the jews would've stopped the holocaust if they had guns :lol: we have a new contender for idiot of the year
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Without platitudes and generalisations, can anyone state why they're so vehemently anti-Trump?
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

He's a lying fuckwit with unworkable thought bubbles who can't keep his platform straight without resorting to hyperpopulist drivel.

Then again, in comparison to the rest of the Koch Brothers supplicants he isn't that much different.
World Class

macktheknife wrote:
He's a lying fuckwit with unworkable thought bubbles who can't keep his platform straight without resorting to hyperpopulist drivel..

Quote:
Without platitudes and generalisations

tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

433 wrote:
Without platitudes and generalisations, can anyone state why they're so vehemently anti-Trump?

He thinks gov should be run like a business. I believe thats best left to the private sector

He thinks poor people are just lazy. I believe this ignores a lot about the realities of working a full-time minimum wage jobs don't earn enough money to survive and it doesn't matter how hard everyone works these jobs would still need to be done by someone

He thinks climate change is a Chinese conspiracy. Doesn't believe we should do anything to try to stop it

He claims he has the "best most incredible plan" to defeat ISIS, won't release it to Obama. However, he admittedly has no clue about all the different faction in the middle east but "will learn once he gets into office"

He wants to lower rich peoples taxes. I don't believe this will spur economic growth

He wants to deport all illegal immigrants. This would cost billions and no-one would be left to work in the fields. Ultimately not a well thought out plan which goes for a lot of his ideas. Ultimately I don't think he's qualified or smart enough

I could go on but ill say a few thing i like about him.

He can make good points on the political correctness of the left in groups like feminists and the recently coined regressives. (Ignoring the PC people on the right but still)

Very anti establishment. I'm sick of establishment candidates

Strong leader. Not the first thing I look for but its a good trait for a president to have. America could probably do without a strong president policing the world

Has exposed the political parties about how they are all beholden to their big money donors.

He has a role to play in the political debate particularly when talking about the donors influence on politicians, but thankfully he will eventually lose. I'd say his ideology is very similar to a european Facist, anti immigrant, appeal to the most nationalists voters and want to use force to achieve his agenda.
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Note that pretty much all the Republican candidates (right wing conservative ideology) deny anthropogenic global warming.

I'll post this study again for pertinence sake

Quote:
Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism

Abstract
The authors test the hypothesis that low-effort thought promotes political conservatism. In Study 1, alcohol intoxication was measured among bar patrons; as blood alcohol level increased, so did political conservatism (controlling for sex, education, and political identification). In Study 2, participants under cognitive load reported more conservative attitudes than their no-load counterparts. In Study 3, time pressure increased participants’ endorsement of conservative terms. In Study 4, participants considering political terms in a cursory manner endorsed conservative terms more than those asked to cogitate; an indicator of effortful thought (recognition memory) partially mediated the relationship between processing effort and conservatism. Together these data suggest that political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought; when effortful, deliberate thought is disengaged, endorsement of conservative ideology increases.
http://psp.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/03/16/0146167212439213.abstract

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search