United States of America: Commander in Chief Joe Biden

United States of America: Commander in Chief Joe Biden

Author
trident
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
paulbagzFC wrote:
trident wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
trident wrote:
Bernie tells it like it is in a truly magnanimous gesture =d>

[youtube]BrBXcKcviuc[/youtube]

Nice guys finish last.

-PB

So you would vote for the nasty option? Its a political democracy, its not a corporation.

No, that's not what I said.

-PB

You're welcome to jump on board the Bernie train then. We're riding this loco motive all the way the DC!
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paulbagzFC wrote:
trident wrote:
Bernie tells it like it is in a truly magnanimous gesture =d>

[youtube]BrBXcKcviuc[/youtube]

Nice guys finish last.

-PB

Bullshit

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Interesting how obvious CNN's editorial bias had been shown up after that debate.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

AzzaMarch
AzzaMarch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Anyone here think Sanders has a chance to get the Democratic nom?

I think its good he is there to broaden the debate and the issues that get discussed, but I think this is a coronation for Hillary.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

AzzaMarch wrote:

I think its good he is there to broaden the debate and the issues that get discussed, but I think this is a coronation for Hillary.

Sadly though, Hillary will play the "I'm a female" card and it will work.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

trident
trident
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
AzzaMarch wrote:

Sadly though, Hillary will play the "I'm a female" card and it will work.

-PB

Well at least she's better than Bush or Trump :)
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Quote:
I watched the first debate among democratic presidential candidates, just as I watched the debates among republican candidates, and there was one clear, unambiguous, by-a-landslide winner of tonight’s debate: the democratic party.

It was a lively debate, there was plenty of back-and-forth, and lots of disagreement with plenty of agreement as well. But unlike the republican debates, this one focused on real issues. This was in stark contrast to the republicans’ debates, which — as Bernie Sanders aptly described in a post-debate interview — seemed like a food fight, not a debate on substantive issues. Every one of the democrats seemed keenly aware of the important things facing our country, and very well-informed not only of the basics, but of the nuances. These are people you might actually think could be a good president, not the cadre of clowns the republicans have offered....
https://tamino.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/democratic-debate-my-analysis/#more-7828

And remember folks, Republicans are more right wing than Democrats. That the more extreme right wing, the poorer the ability to constructively debate is for me, well, not surprisingly since all the sociological, psychological & even neurological research and polling already strongly suggests it.
Drunken_Fish
Drunken_Fish
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

AzzaMarch wrote:

Sanders chances of win the nomination are limited to Biden not running, which is looking more and more likely, and Hillary being removed from the contest by a scandal or health problems or similar. He will not beat Clinton or Biden on merit, but it worth him staying around for as long as he can just in case something happens to Clinton.

I used to be Drunken_Fish

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Why would anyone vote for Sanders? His platform is "free shit for everyone".
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

433 wrote:

Because the alternatives are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

433 wrote:

Because he's pointing out the bullshit of establishment politics without being a sociopath like Trump, pointing out the un-democratic actions of donors and the GOP and is motivated not by money or personal gain. He also has a proven track record of sticking to his words, does not act like a petulant wanker like most politicians, does not chop and change views like Hillary and actually comes across a lovely human being.

He's also called Bernie

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
And open and free discourse and exchange of ideas at a Donald Trump rally:

[youtube]ee35XCAhXtY[/youtube]
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

"It's my freedom to spit in anyone's face, etc"

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
433 wrote:

Because he's pointing out the bullshit of establishment politics without being a sociopath like Trump, pointing out the un-democratic actions of donors and the GOP and is motivated not by money or personal gain. He also has a proven track record of sticking to his words, does not act like a petulant wanker like most politicians, does not chop and change views like Hillary and actually comes across a lovely human being.

He's also called Bernie

So you're voting for him because he's nice?

His economic policies are a fucking disaster, he's a career politician and he's one of the least productive members of congress. Seriously, can you name a single achievement of his?

On top of that, he looks weak and insipid - can you imagine a guy like that going up against Putin?

He basically sucked off Hillary under the table when he said "stop talking about the emails".

Jim Webb is a far superior democrat choice, but imo Trump would be the best.

tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Free stuff for everyone is a better platform than free stuff to people that donate to my campaign, wall st and the military industrial complex.
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

433 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
433 wrote:

He's also called Bernie

His economic policies are a fucking disaster, he's a career politician and he's one of the least productive members of congress. Seriously, can you name a single achievement of his?

On top of that, he looks weak and insipid - can you imagine a guy like that going up against Putin?

He basically sucked off Hillary under the table when he said "stop talking about the emails".

I've literally never heard a single reason why Trump should even be considered a legitimate candidate, let alone the best candidate. All I've heard him say is "Make America great again" this and "Build a wall to keep the drugs and rapists out" that and other bullshit one-liners and slogans. That and resorting to petty insults. Pretty much the American Tony Abbott. Yet he has a large amount of the Republican voters lapping it up. Are people really that pissed off with Obama for not living up to the hype that they'll elect a bankrupt reality show star?

Also looking weak and insipid didn't stop Kevin Rudd from getting elected.

The Libertarians and all the other minor parties will never have any impact or put any pressure on the major parties and as marconi said, Hillary changes her views to make herself more appealing to the general public (criticised the Confederate flag and currently supports gay marriage when in the 90's and early 00's she used the Confederate flag in one of her campaigns and stated that marriage should be only between a man and a woman, amongst other things). Bernie isn't perfect, but in the two party system which forces you to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich, he's a well done steak drenched in tomato sauce.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Murdoch Rags Ltd
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

salmonfc wrote:
All I've heard him say is "Make America great again" this and "Build a wall to keep the drugs and rapists out" that and other bullshit one-liners and slogans. That and resorting to petty insults. Pretty much the American Tony Abbott. Yet he has a large amount of the Republican voters lapping it up.

Not surprising. Simplism & right wing voting go hand in glove, or should I say priest in altar boy.
trident
trident
Semi-Pro

All aboard the Bernie train +1 this :)
World Class

salmonfc wrote:
433 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
433 wrote:

He's also called Bernie

I've literally never heard a single reason why Trump should even be considered a legitimate candidate, let alone the best candidate. All I've heard him say is "Make America great again" this and "Build a wall to keep the drugs and rapists out" that and other bullshit one-liners and slogans. That and resorting to petty insults. Pretty much the American Tony Abbott. Yet he has a large amount of the Republican voters lapping it up. Are people really that pissed off with Obama for not living up to the hype that they'll elect a bankrupt reality show star?

The Libertarians and all the other minor parties will never have any impact or put any pressure on the major parties and as marconi said, Hillary changes her views to make herself more appealing to the general public (criticised the Confederate flag and currently supports gay marriage when in the 90's and early 00's she used the Confederate flag in one of her campaigns and stated that marriage should be only between a man and a woman, amongst other things). Bernie isn't perfect, but in the two party system which forces you to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich, he's a well done steak drenched in tomato sauce.

As I posted a few pages ago

- Anti-free trade (including but not limited to NAFTA and the TPP)
- Will punish companies for off-shoring/outsourcing jobs
- Wants a strong military BUT he will not use it (doesn't want to get involved in Syria and the Israel/Iran/Saudi Arabia proxy-war clusterfuck)
- Presents a clear alternative to the establishment (It's why they push so hard against him)
- More qualified than most career politicians
- Deal with the illegal arrivals at the border and open an opportunity for LEGAL immigration
- Anti-political correctness
- Will fuck off political donors when they try to bribe him
trident
trident
Semi-Pro

Murdoch Rags Ltd
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Semi-Pro

Donald Trump uses lawyer to prove he is not the child of an orangutan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEiCGyLlGk

Edited by Murdoch Rags Ltd: 17/10/2015 02:56:40 PM
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

433 wrote:
salmonfc wrote:
433 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
433 wrote:

He's also called Bernie

I have issues with NAFTA and TPP but i'm pro free trade
Ironic since he outsourced jobs. He's touted as "someone who can atleast believe what he says" but this is just pandering
- Wants a strong military BUT he will not use it (doesn't want to get involved in Syria and the Israel/Iran/Saudi Arabia proxy-war clusterfuck)
The US military is strong enough. Why would it be a good policy to spend more. And yes her does want to get involved in the clusterfuck. He claims to have "the greatest plan to destroy ISIS" i.e. Saudi Arabia proxy
- Presents a clear alternative to the establishment (It's why they push so hard against him)
Sure
In what way? He has no idea what he's talking about
- Deal with the illegal arrivals at the border and open an opportunity for LEGAL immigration
I would build a wall, but only 40% cross the border on the ground. Theres tunnels, boats and airplanes where people get to the US. And his plan is to deport the 10 million already in the US. There are massive implications to this and he has no idea. Food prices will rise and it would cost billions to implement.
Only anti left wing political correctness. I'll admit its a bigger problem but say anything bad about christians or Reagan and you'll hear the right wingers get just as offended

Despite being an american Facist, this is a positive thing he brings to the floor and for the time being I'm happy for him to be in the race if he can keep talking about money in politics
tbitm
tbitm
Pro

Murdoch Rags Ltd wrote:
Donald Trump uses lawyer to prove he is not the child of an orangutan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEiCGyLlGk

Edited by Murdoch Rags Ltd: 17/10/2015 02:56:40 PM
And he's a child
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Trumps lack of diplomacy is actually terrifying when considering the damage he could do on the international stage.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

433 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
433 wrote:

He's also called Bernie

I'm not a registered American voter so obviously not :lol:

How do you know that? You'd think the people of Burlington wouldn't have elected him mayor for 4 terms (in a traditionally conservative, rural state) if he was economically naive. Furthermore, he served 16 years as an independent (the longest in history) and then was re-elected for a second term with a 71% of the vote. If his economic policies were a "fucking disaster" how could he have achieved this as an openly socialist politician?

Further info on his time as Burlington mayor: http://www.thenation.com/article/bernies-burlington-city-sustainable-future/

As for achievements here's a recent one: He drafted a large piece of legislation to support and start repairing the Veterans Administration following the scandal that broke in Arizona, with the price tag at $2 billion. It failed in the first attempt, but he went to the Republicans and negotiated a compromise and together they brought the bill to the House where it passed the House 420-5 and passed the Senate 91-3 (take into consideration Bernie is a socialist, and somehow clearly worked efficiently with the GOP). It was signed into law immediately by President Obama.

He doesn't look weak and insipid, he's a 74 year old Jewish man. I would be suspicious if he looked like Vince McMahon at his age.

No he didn't. It is a toothless scandal that has been admitted to be a farce simply to discredit Clinton

Jim Webb seems to be a fine politician but he lacks the rhetoric for this election

He also sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy
- Member, Subcommittee on National Parks
- Member, Subcommittee on Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Member, Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Children and Families
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

As if anyone with a grasp on reality thinks Trump is a viable choice ffs.

Viennese Vuck

trident
trident
Semi-Pro

RedKat wrote:
433 wrote:
salmonfc wrote:
433 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
433 wrote:

He's also called Bernie

Does he actually have any proper policy for most of that or just sentences hes said?

How does he present a clear alternative to the establishment other than not "being from the establishment." What innovative policies does he have that aren't the regular parliamentarian approach? He's policies are generally very mainstream Republican and hes already previously changed some of his policies to be more aligned with the regular Republican?

How is he more qualified to be a politican than other politicians? Running businesses and running a country aren not at all the same thing.

How is any of his policies dealing with immigration? He's essentially wanting a wall to lock America in and when Mexico laughs in his face at wanting them to pay for it he'll criple the US economy (if he hasnt done in any other of the way ways).

Why is anti-political correctness good?

And your last point is also just vague and his own rhetoric.

Chuck in his attempts to want to isolate all of the US's key trading partners, has absolutely no idea on foreign policy, and has very few actual policies.

[size=8]Hes the quintessential populist, cult of personality candidate that relies almost solely on rhetoric and playing the media than on actual policy.[/size]

You've nailed Trump there. The guy will say anything for publicity.
Contrast that with Bernie Sanders who just keeps doing his thing and the irony is that he's picking up a lot of fans among the more educated people. During the debate he picked up 50,000 new twitter followers.
trident
trident
Semi-Pro

marconi101 wrote:

[size=8]He doesn't look weak and insipid, he's a 74 year old Jewish man. I would be suspicious if he looked like Vince McMahon at his age.[/size]

No he didn't. It is a toothless scandal that has been admitted to be a farce simply to discredit Clinton

Jim Webb seems to be a fine politician but he lacks the rhetoric for this election

He also sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy
- Member, Subcommittee on National Parks
- Member, Subcommittee on Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Member, Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Children and Families
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs

Whilst not accusing anyone on this forum, you'd have to say a fair amount of the detractors Bernie has is rooted in some antisemitism.

The republicans trying to make something out of nothing with Hillary's emails is laughable. Try as they might they wont get anywhere because there is nothing to see. Hillary's record is second to none on foreign policy. I think she has to put up with probably more than her fair share also due to the fact of her being a woman in a male dominated domain.
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Murdoch Rags Ltd
Semi-Pro

A black president followed by a female president. Republicans everywhere will be screaming "why has God forsaken me"......
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Trump will do exactly what the military tells him.

Like all good US presidents.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search