The Asian Cup "sign him up" thread

The Asian Cup "sign him up" thread

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Group stage is almost over, so we've seen most of every team's squad so far.

Who has jumped out at you as a desirable and realistic signing for your club?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Today I liked the Uzbek CB Shavkat Mullajanov, has had spells in Qatar and China, still 28 years old, but just started at Lokomotiv Tashkent, although he is probably reasonably cheap. Their number 4 Sardor Rashidov was awesome and only 23 but has been with Bunyodkor his whole career and is probably on decent oil bucks.
Byun_Fan_671
Byun_Fan_671
Hacker
Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Omar Abdulrahman.

Edit: Saw the word "realistic". Cross out Abdulrahman. Replace him with that North Korean youngster, Jong Il-gwan.

Edited by byun_fan_671: 19/1/2015 12:03:42 AM
tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Dejagah has been quality for Iran.
roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Rashidov & Djeparov (Uzbekistan), Abdulrahman (UAE), Jaycee John (Bahrain), Ali Faez & Ismail (Iraq), Yu & Wu (China), Endo (Japan)... just to name a few.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

roary's mane wrote:
Endo (Japan)

I'd like to see the crowbar you plan to prize him away from Gamba Osaka with!
roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
roary's mane wrote:
Endo (Japan)

I'd like to see the crowbar you plan to prize him away from Gamba Osaka with!

Can always dream :roll:
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Uzbekistan - Igor Sergeev(21) , Sardor Rashidov(23), Odil Ahmedov (27), Vitaliy Denisov (27) probably impossible to sign the latter two as they play in russia lol

China - Wu Xi (25), the long haired wing back

Iran - Sardar Azmoun(20), probably impossible to sign as he is in Russia and Arsenal and Barcelona made a bid to sign him at the end of last season :lol:

UAE - Omar Abdulrahman (23) The afro bloke, fucken awesome player, Amer Abdulrahman (25) he is the bloke with the smaller afro looks good too

Bahrain - Jaycee John Okwunwanne(29) Wouldn't light up the HAL but he is a beast haha

Japan - no one we can bring

Jordan - Odai Al-Saify(28) reminded me of Berisha in the Iraq game

Iraq - Yaser Kasim (23) plays at Swindon, scored the goal against Jordan

Edited by jonomv: 19/1/2015 12:52:11 AM
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Interesting China didn't call up the player who just signed for Wolfsburg. Most of these Chinese players will never leave China. There have been many interesting players in this tournament. If they fancy the change to Australia, why not?
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Son Heung-min from South Korea.

#daretodream #believe
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Keep dreaming folks, the only way any Asian national team player worth their salt will want to come to the A-league is to learn English and adapt to a more anglo lifestyle in the pursuit of playing in Europe one day.

Cannot compete with any league for $$$
sav
sav
Hacker
Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)Hacker (374 reputation)

Jaycee John Okwunwanne.
I reckon he would be a gun.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

socceroo_06 wrote:
Keep dreaming folks, the only way any Asian national team player worth their salt will want to come to the A-league is to learn English and adapt to a more anglo lifestyle in the pursuit of playing in Europe one day.

What's wrong with that? Some imports have come here saying exactly this.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
socceroo_06 wrote:

What's wrong with that? Some imports have come here saying exactly this.

Nothing wrong with it, just don't think its going to happen. We have been in this situation numerous times before ever since the 2007 Asia Cup when we were saying that teams should be looking at Indo, Malaysian, and Thai players and I can only remember Sukah ever actually coming over and playing for MV.

Most of the players in Asia are on much higher $$ than in Australia so it's not the most attractive move to come here.

Having said that, not sure how keen A-league clubs have been in chasing these guys signatures.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

sav wrote:
Jaycee John Okwunwanne.
I reckon he would be a gun.
He reminds me of Lloyd Owusu.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro

Byun_Fan_671 wrote:
Omar Abdulrahman.

Edit: Saw the word "realistic". Cross out Abdulrahman.
Replace him with that North Korean youngster, Jong Il-gwan.

Edited by byun_fan_671: 19/1/2015 12:03:42 AM

Not so unrealistic as you think:

Quote:
“I am very happy for this [attention] but my goal at the moment is to do our best for this competition," he told reporters after the Bahrain win.
"But if the coach wants me to come to play in Australia I will not say no."

Read more at http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/asian-cup-stars-with-hyundai-a-league-potential/18gjyd1grbgse1fkzdtgbu66kd#pDPWG5x5jcWYd1d8.99

JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

socceroo_06 wrote:
[We have been in this situation numerous times before ever since the 2007 Asia Cup when we were saying that teams should be looking at Indo, Malaysian, and Thai players and I can only remember Sukah ever actually coming over and playing for MV.

Most of the players in Asia are on much higher $$ than in Australia so it's not the most attractive move to come here.

Having said that, not sure how keen A-league clubs have been in chasing these guys signatures.

The last part is more true than the first part. The HAL is actually one of the highest paid leagues on average in Asia. It is behind the likes of Japan, China, Korea and a couple of the middle east nations but after that we are up there.

You mention Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand. The reason they do not come is because our players here are generally better.

Average Salary for a footballer in the Indonesian Premier League is around $50,000 AUD [National average is $6,000 AUD],
Average salary in the Thai Premier League is around $45,000 AUD [National Average is $12,000 AUD]
Malaysian Premier League Average Salary is around $55,000 AUD.

HAL Average Salary = Over $100,000 AUD not including Marquee players

So obviously players earn more on average in the HAL, of course disposable income and tax has to come into play here, but on a payment basis players earn a lot more here.

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Omar Abdulrahman is a star, IMHO has been the player of the tournament so far.
jdbbshdvjksb
jdbbshdvjksb
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

No-one interested in any of the Socceroos ?
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro

jdbbshdvjksb wrote:
No-one interested in any of the Socceroos ?

Liverpool and a couple of teams in the Eredivisie are.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

tbitm wrote:
Dejagah has been quality for Iran.

pretty sure he is in the bundesliga. He was at fulham iirc
correction he is now in Qatar

Edited by mvfcarsenal16.8: 19/1/2015 08:05:38 PM
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Amiri, 13 LM for Iran. Huge engine, great pace and touch.
stefcep
stefcep
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Omar Abdulrahman is a freak.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Why aren't Sebastian Quintana and Fabio Cesar here with Qatar? Both fantastic players, even if Cesar is 35.
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

Iran: no. 20 Sardar Azmourn (probably not possible with links to big european clubs) that kid is incredible, brilliant touch speed all his shots were on target and going in if it wasn't a last ditch defender diving at the ball. Really good in the air.
no. 13 Vahid amiri runs all day created a lot, defended extreamly well.

Obviously Ashkan dejagah, iran lifted when he came on and good set piece taker.
Pretty much any of the euro develop iranian are quality.

UAE: OMAR ABDULRAHMAN!!!
also like ahmed khalil, did realised he is only 23.....

I don't think my list is realistic at all.....

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Omar Abdulrahman, what a freak.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Why aren't Sebastian Quintana and Fabio Cesar here with Qatar? Both fantastic players, even if Cesar is 35.

they have some new academy and are keen to show off the talents from said academy apparently.. they are wanting to build a generation of players in time for them when they host the world cup..
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:

this
if the tae se jong was selected I would've said him , but since best korea will never pick him again due to the fact he is playing in South korea
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:

this
if the tae se jong was selected I would've said him , but since best korea will never pick him again due to the fact he is playing in South korea

Ah, that's why they didn't pick him. I guess that does make sense, in a North Korean kinda way!
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

thejollyvic wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

they have some new academy and are keen to show off the talents from said academy apparently.. they are wanting to build a generation of players in time for them when they host the world cup..

This is the reason. Money wont but you a World Cup.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search