Quarter Final: Iran v Iraq

Quarter Final: Iran v Iraq

Author
The Maco
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
To be fair running over a keeper and then taking a dive on a yellow isn't clever at all
JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

The Maco wrote:
To be fair running over a keeper and then taking a dive on a yellow isn't clever at all

x2, WIlliams wouldn't have given him a yellow if he knew he already had one though :lol:
scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Terror threat increased to extreme

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Until i see another angle i thought he got it perfectly right. Other than forgetting he was already on a yellow. But realistically every foul should be judge on their own and not on whether he has already got a yellow or not. If another angle shows that there was no contact then williams stuffed it. Otherwise all good.
buckethead
buckethead
Super Fan
Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)

Williams is just doing it to give us an easier final...
The Maco
The Maco
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

JonoMV wrote:
The Maco wrote:

x2, WIlliams wouldn't have given him a yellow if he knew he already had one though :lol:

He definitely didn't know about it :lol: walked away and then showed the tomato about 30 seconds later
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

buckethead wrote:
Williams is just doing it to give us an easier final...

By suspending a guy for the semi final?
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Big comments from Rudes and Aloisi regarding Williams here in the half time show, juicy! :d
spfc
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

just seen the replay looked like he didnt touch the keeper, keeper overeacts and pushes him. 90% of players around the world will go down if pushed like that by an opponent. williams could have used his head a bit more there. no way was it a simple case of keeper good, forward bad, like williams seems to have portrayed it
NurseryCryminal
NurseryCryminal
Fan
Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)

JayEss wrote:
Big comments from Rudes and Aloisi regarding Williams here in the half time show, juicy! :d

Dunno how Aloisi can accuse Williams of having a grudge against Queiroz, given Williams clearly didn't even know he was sending the Iranian guy off.

The first yellow was dodgy, don't disagree with the second though. He went down and clutched his face with not-quite-Rivaldo level theatrics. Seemed a yellow to me.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

spfc wrote:
just seen the replay looked like he didnt touch the keeper, keeper overeacts and pushes him. 90% of players around the world will go down if pushed like that by an opponent. williams could have used his head a bit more there. no way was it a simple case of keeper good, forward bad, like williams seems to have portrayed it

The guy gets a nudge in the chest and goes down holding his face. That's why he was booked. 100% the right decision.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
JonoMV wrote:
The Maco wrote:

He accidentally did a good job. :lol:
spfc
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
[

The guy gets a nudge in the chest and goes down holding his face. That's why he was booked. 100% the right decision.

at least get it right, it was a push, a nudge is something completely different. so the player who gets pushed is in the wrong not the one who pushed. sound logic

Edited by spfc: 23/1/2015 06:41:03 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

spfc wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
[

at least get it right, it was a push, a nudge is something completely different. so the player who gets pushed is in the wrong not the one who gets pushed. sound logic

Never said the keeper wasn't in the wrong, he should have been booked as well, but that doesn't make simulation ok.

I assume you'd be 100% ok with an opposition player in a match against Australia getting a slight push in the chest and going down holding his face and getting absolutely no punishment for it?
spfc
spfc
World Class

sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Never said the keeper wasn't in the wrong, he should have been booked as well

agree

roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

If Iraq win this, the post match interview with Quieroz will be akin to watching a hungry puma being dropped in a chicken coop.

Could almost set off a fucking war. At least will have a decent price on his head.
lolitsbigmic
lolitsbigmic
World Class
World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)World Class (7.6K reputation)

why is williams even refing in the qtr, i know we are host. By gosh he is an embarrassment.
roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

lolitsbigmic wrote:
why is williams even refing in the qtr, i know we are host. By gosh he is an embarrassment.

Didnt he ref a world cup 1/4? Or round of 16?

I seem to remember him doing a decent job there. Maybe he was star struck and forgot what he was doing...

1-1. Shock of the tournament if Iraq get up.
spfc
spfc
World Class

sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I assume you'd be 100% ok with an opposition player in a match against Australia getting a slight push in the chest and going down holding his face and getting absolutely no punishment for it?

a) whats this got to do with australia?
b) why do you think pushing opponents is ok under the rules of football?
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

roary's mane wrote:
lolitsbigmic wrote:

Didnt he ref a world cup 1/4? Or round of 16?

I seem to remember him doing a decent job there. Maybe he was star struck and forgot what he was doing...

1-1. Shock of the tournament if Iraq get up.

He was refereeing in the Argentina vs Switzerland match i think in the round of 16.
GGfortythree
GGfortythree
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Cmon Iraq

The outrage from those Iranians on Facebook will be glorious if they lose
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

I hope Iraq win purely for the Iraq fan who was sitting in front of me at the Brisbane game. The poor guy was sitting directly behind a Japanese supporter who was literally standing and jumping the entire game yelling nippon.

Edited by socceroofan4life: 23/1/2015 06:54:38 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

2007 is repeating

Byun_Fan_671
Byun_Fan_671
Hacker
Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)Hacker (328 reputation)

Williams made this match a lot more interesting due to his stupid call.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

spfc wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Hang on let me get this straight. You agreed with me when I said the push wasn't right and should have been booked and now you ask why I think pushing is ok?

Why do you think simulation is ok under the rules of football?
GGfortythree
GGfortythree
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
2007 is repeating

We're not that awful
spfc
spfc
World Class

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
spfc wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Hang on let me get this straight. You agreed with me when I said the push wasn't right and should have been booked and now you ask why I think pushing is ok?

Why do you think simulation is ok under the rules of football?

but now you think slight push is ok, nah whatever, back to the game, nice chat
spfc
spfc
World Class

roarys mane
roarys mane
Pro

Iranian fans not happy with Dejagah getting subbed at all haha
spfc
spfc
World Class

now williams ignored a clear second yellow offense for iraq's ahmed ibrahim
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search