Why is all FFA Cup discussion restricted to one thread?

Why is all FFA Cup discussion restricted to one thread?

Author
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We dedicate an entire sub-forum to EA Sports yet all discussion regarding the FFA Cup is brought to an abrupt end unless it's in the 'official' thread.

FMD 442
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

There was literally no reason to make copius amount of threads about the cup especially when it discussed nothing new. We already have a heap of rubbish pointless threads no need to create more.

2015 ffa cup discussion thread of the ffa cup thread? Fucking really?

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
When TSF supports the mod overlord's calls you know it's a broadly supported decision.

Brenton is a great poster, but the thread he started was in no way different to the main FFA Cup thread.

If someone wants to start a thread about an actual separate issue regarding the FFA Cup great, but yeah, that thread was a clear duplicate.
ducky42
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

The thread in question was focused on the draw for the cup, listing teams by their respective pots and providing a much more focused discussion than the 'official' thread. Anyone who supports this atrocity obviously has little respect for the competition.
ducky42
ducky42
Pro

paladisious wrote:
When TSF supports the mod overlord's calls you know it's a broadly supported decision.

He's the new EG of the forums.

EG has since gone off the rails.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

ducky42 wrote:
The thread in question was focused on the draw for the cup, listing teams by their respective pots and providing a much more focused discussion than the 'official' thread. Anyone who supports this atrocity obviously has little respect for the competition.

I don't think so. If it was it'd be titled "FFA Cup Draw" and have an OP and subsequent conversation pursuant to this. In fact, it just duplicated the existing thread, so it was toast.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

ducky42 wrote:
paladisious wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. You sound a bit silly.
ducky42
ducky42
Pro

I'm afraid it is you and your fellow mods who sound silly when you try to pathetically justify your attempts to monopolise cup discussion.

You're not fooling anyone
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Aww yeah lets have the NPL thread and the 2015 npl thread and the injuries Suffered in the NPL thread and the 2015 injury in the NPL thrwad.

Its unnecessary and just creates clutter. As said, rarely do i agree with mods but i do here.

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The fuck is ducky on about :lol:
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Draupnir wrote:
The fuck is ducky on about :lol:

Old mates has gone off on the pingas today. Dont know what he's taken but it must be some heavy shit.

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I locked the thread.

Imo it offered nothing new or different that the 'official' thread does/did. There was no need to disperse good conversation about the Cup to other threads. Particularly taking into account how "unestablished" the FFA Cup is, I like the idea (and seemingly so do many others) of keeping our forums history of it mostly in one place for now, particularly when there's no need to add multiple other threads about it.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

ducky42 wrote:
paladisious wrote:

[youtube]oBzG0ilUxEk[/youtube]
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

aufc_ole wrote:
ducky42 wrote:
paladisious wrote:

Average post revs

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Shut up Ducky.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I'd like to keep Kits and crests discussion to one thread(the one in my sig).
u4486662
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

The big issues
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Iridium1010 wrote:
I'd like to keep Kits and crests discussion to one thread(the one in my sig).

Having a look at it briefly, I think I'm happy with how it has gone down and continues to do so.

I reckon leave the 15/16 kit talk in the new thread ccmpete made, and once it's kind of died/slowed down a bit after the season has started, you can archive it in your sig thread like you have the other year threads.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

How did I come up in this thread? And more to the point... How am I "off the rails?"
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:
How did I come up in this thread? And more to the point... How am I "off the rails?"

Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Ping til the break of dawn yo.
TheGanbler
TheGanbler
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

A-League discussion should be all in one thread too then.
pv4
pv4
Legend

TheGanbler wrote:

This multi has so much promise, and you're just wasting it.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

pv4 wrote:
TheGanbler wrote:

This multi has so much promise, and you're just wasting it.

This cant be understated.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search