♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion...

Author
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
zugzwang52 - 22 Sep 2016 9:14 PM
never questioned tonys integrity beforehand but hes clearly playing favorites now.

why was our striker moved into 10 yet three actual 10's sit on the bench? why is our tired RW tired playing over our fresh wingers? why continue with tired kids when we have kids equally as good and ready on the bench? 

i dont disagree with all choice (Pieras, King, Viggiani, Italiano all justified) but the rest very questionable given whats on our bench. 

Could agree more. 
Is lachlan Brook injured? 
Garnorf
Garnorf
Weekender
Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)

Totally agree also. I am baffled actually!
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

We are not doing bad , against one of the best u16s going around .
Don't know why we want to bag fuck out of a bunch of kids doing the best they can for a national team , really got me confused .
And please don't say it's not the kids , it's the coach bullshit .

zugzwang52
zugzwang52
Super Fan
Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)

JDB03 - 22 Sep 2016 9:25 PM

Could agree more. 
Is lachlan Brook injured? 

not that i am aware off as he has played 40+ minutes in the other two games. even if he is what about Najjarine? playing each week for WSW yet gets no time? surely a better option than Roberts ...

this is nothing to do with the kids individually at all. i know they are all giving their 200% and im proud of all of them.

all my issues are with the coaches.

moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

never questioned tonys integrity beforehand but hes clearly playing favorites now.

why was our striker moved into 10 yet three actual 10's sit on the bench? why is our tired RW tired playing over our fresh wingers? why continue with tired kids when we have kids equally as good and ready on the bench? 

i dont disagree with all choice (Pieras, King, Viggiani, Italiano all justified) but the rest very questionable given whats on our bench. 

It is strange, his through balls haven't been great either between the lines, because no one has made a run for them, but he has done it a few times anyway.
Maybe what I see as lack of pace is tiredness, you're probably right.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I have never seen a team play so poorly. 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Jonsnow - 22 Sep 2016 9:29 PM
We are not doing bad , against one of the best u16s going around .Don't know why we want to bag fuck out of a bunch of kids doing the best they can for a national team , really got me confused . And please don't say it's not the kids , it's the coach bullshit .

Pointing out errors is not bagging the fuck out of them.

Calling one of them a fucking moron for a mistake would be.

Saying he didn't track his man isn't.

As for the bench players not getting a run that is plainly ridiculous if, as everyone keeps saying, it's all about development. 

Just noticed a lad that my boy used to play with. Good on him.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

3 nil.

Are we allowed to point out that ball watching and not getting goal side of attackers in the 6 yard box is probably not a good idea?

Member since 2008.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 22 Sep 2016 9:39 PM
Jonsnow - 22 Sep 2016 9:29 PM

Pointing out errors is not bagging the fuck out of them.

Calling one of them a fucking moron for a mistake would be.

Saying he didn't track his man isn't.

As for the bench players not getting a run that is plainly ridiculous if, as everyone keeps saying, it's all about development. 

Just noticed a lad that my boy used to play with. Good on him.

I think this is a big problem with parents on boards. They struggle with objectivity and take everything as if its a personal insult to their child. 

Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Yes of course you can point out the bleeding obvious :)
Get surgery for the chip also .
Japan are are very good side maybe give them a little credit .

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Muz
Muz
Legend

TheSelectFew - 22 Sep 2016 9:45 PM
Munrubenmuz - 22 Sep 2016 9:39 PM

I think this is a big problem with parents on boards. They struggle with objectivity and take everything as if its a personal insult to their child. 

Probably part of it.

Word on the street is that this is a second string Japanese side.  Is that correct?

I just get so frustrated watching kids who are supposed to be the top or very near the top just commit the most fundamental errors.  For example something as simple as not standing square on to your attacker when he's running at you.

The Aus LB just stood there square on, the jap fella kicked it past him and by the time he half turned the Japanese bloke had smoked him and was on his way to goal.

Another goal.  This is getting embarrassing.  (I'm not as fussed about losing here though.  It's the Under 19's that are a shambles.)

Member since 2008.

switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Jonsnow - 22 Sep 2016 9:49 PM
Yes of course you can point out the bleeding obvious :) Get surgery for the chip also .Japan are are very good side maybe give them a little credit .

I've never seen a bigger chip on someones shoulder than munrub.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 22 Sep 2016 9:53 PM
TheSelectFew - 22 Sep 2016 9:45 PM

Probably part of it.

Word on the street is that this is a second string Japanese side.  Is that correct?

I just get so frustrated watching kids who are supposed to be the top or very near the top just commit the most fundamental errors.  For example something as simple as not standing square on to your attacker when he's running at you.

The Aus LB just stood there square on, the jap fella kicked it past him and by the time he half turned the Japanese bloke had smoked him and was on his way to goal.

Another goal.  This is getting embarrassing.  (I'm not as fussed about losing here though.  It's the Under 19's that are a shambles.)

According to other forums this is far from our best. Ais only and no academy players. 

Garnorf
Garnorf
Weekender
Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)Weekender (33 reputation)

It is the coach. Belive me, I love the kids but it's ridiculous! And I'm invested!
zugzwang52
zugzwang52
Super Fan
Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)

our entire midfield is gutted but we sub Najjarine on for Italiano? 

top-notch coaching tony. 
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 22 Sep 2016 9:55 PM
Munrubenmuz - 22 Sep 2016 9:53 PM

According to other forums this is far from our best. Ais only and no academy players. 

Why? why do they not bring their full strength side?
Muz
Muz
Legend

Geez Japan are impressive in defence.  There's 7 or 8 defenders each and every time Australia even get half close.

Not bad if this is their B team.

Member since 2008.

moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Looking better playing more direct
schimch
schimch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Garnorf - 22 Sep 2016 9:59 PM
It is the coach. Belive me, I love the kids but it's ridiculous! And I'm invested!

What's the inside word on Vidmar, what is he not doing well with them?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

HeyItsRobbie - 22 Sep 2016 10:05 PM
TheSelectFew - 22 Sep 2016 9:55 PM

Why? why do they not bring their full strength side?

Its a common occurance. Who knows why we bother. 

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

These guys cannot pass the ball 5 meters, hell they struggle with two. Said, years ago this philosophy the FFA adopted was dangerous. We now have a bunch of kids that are playing like they are defined by tram tracks. 

Now 6. Laughable. 
Edited
8 Years Ago by tsf
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

What a fucking disgrace. 6. 

moops
moops
Pro

TheSelectFew - 22 Sep 2016 10:13 PM
What a fucking disgrace. 6. 

pretty bad defending
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

It's like footballers playing school kids

Every since Craig Foster wrote that piece where he was up all night fapping about a youth team that ended up getting arsed by El Salvador, it's been increasingly evident it just is not working. Play to our strengths ffs!
tsf
tsf
Legend

Where is the grunt in these kids? 
tsf
tsf
Legend

I loathe to criticise the youngsters themselves, but number 4 has left question marks as to his ability eveytime I've seen him play, 
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

1 nil. 

Blackwood bitches. Staying positive 
zugzwang52
zugzwang52
Super Fan

worst part of the whole tournament - tony's go to line "we got what we deserved".

he got what he deserved but none of those 23 kids did.
Garnorf
Garnorf
Weekender

Selection!

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search