♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion...

Author
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
TheSelectFew - 22 Sep 2016 11:52 PM
The general play we controlled it very well. Talay clearly earging the ball forward. Unlike a vidmar team that overpassed unnecessarily. Don't need to dilly on the ball. 

You just answered my question, agree, he also played more direct when there was a good opportunity to.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

moops - 22 Sep 2016 11:55 PM
Is Ufuk Talay the coach of the u19's?

Yep. Did a very commanding job from the sideline too. 

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I just watched the last 10mins.Pretty impressive play .Good individual skills ,good attacking press and well drilled by the coaxh by the looks of it.
I didnt expect the team to be this good.It makes you wonder if the younger boys who got flogged were the best and whether the coach was up to it.
Surely the younger players coming through should be getting better not worse.
Redcarded
Redcarded
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Second half we seemed to give up the midfield a lot more, I guess the Vietnamese were pressing a lot more chasing the game and maybe our guys were getting tired, don't know what the heat and humidity is like over there right now. Liked the presences of Rowles, work rate of Shabow. Good to see some good forward passes and 1v1 skills, the score could have been more easily
Redcarded
Redcarded
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

The Vietnamese goals, well the first was a screamer that would have been hard for anyone to stop. great shot. The penalty, well poor back pass leaving the keeper in trouble. thought the Vietnamese player made the most of a very light touch if there was one there at all. Anyway, our 5th goal I thought was cleared off the line, but will take it anyway
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Can't knock that proformance , dominated fist half , tired a little bit second but kept their composure to win easy.
Final will be a cracker v Thailand

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Redcarded - 23 Sep 2016 12:02 AM
The Vietnamese goals, well the first was a screamer that would have been hard for anyone to stop. great shot. The penalty, well poor back pass leaving the keeper in trouble. thought the Vietnamese player made the most of a very light touch if there was one there at all. Anyway, our 5th goal I thought was cleared off the line, but will take it anyway

overall i was impressed but the backs under pressure worry me... 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Midfielder - 23 Sep 2016 12:05 AM
Redcarded - 23 Sep 2016 12:02 AM

overall i was impressed but the backs under pressure worry me... 

I felt the keeper was meant to play a sweeper role and he was unfamiliar with it. Fantastic double save at the end though. 

lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Youth team football is like a bipolar wife. Up and down. Same group got flogged 5- 1 by Thailand who they will play in the final on Saturday night. Same people will be lambasting them if they lose.
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Massive save , great keeper Margush , will go along way in the game I recon.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

What a disgrace from the joeys, 6-0 and failing to pick up a point in the group and crash out.

Huge technical level disparity between both sides and also tactically Japan much more sound tactically too, surely questions will be asked?
And to think these kids have gone through the new system they still technically not good enough and their level of football IQ was very poor.

At least the young socceroos did well to win, hopefully they can qualify for the world cup and do a much better effort than the Joeys! 

Eric Abrams doesnt realise how much a big a task he has to fix the youth system here in australia.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

And to think the younger gen are supposed to be better than the senior guys running around in the a-league, i'm not sure what to believe now...
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Hope looked good playing in the centre of midfield, did some nice things in 1v1.
Edited
8 Years Ago by moops
moops
moops
Pro

Barca4Life - 23 Sep 2016 12:57 AM
And to think the younger gen are supposed to be better than the senior guys running around in the a-league, i'm not sure what to believe now...

I think it comes down to the coaches, the U19's were playing a different brand (and more effective) of football to the U16's. If there was an opportunity to counter, then they did, if not the played the possession ball, but mixed it up a bit. Much better to watch imho.
I didn't hear a peep from Vidmar all game, but Ufuk was on the touchline encouraging, or shouting instructions constantly.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

moops - 23 Sep 2016 2:15 AM
Barca4Life - 23 Sep 2016 12:57 AM

I think it comes down to the coaches, the U19's were playing a different brand (and more effective) of football to the U16's. If there was an opportunity to counter, then they did, if not the played the possession ball, but mixed it up a bit. Much better to watch imho.
I didn't hear a peep from Vidmar all game, but Ufuk was on the touchline encouraging, or shouting instructions constantly.

If thats the case i guess the coaching part is very important in our youth teams, i see how tony and aurelio vidmar play their teams plays a bit different to this team(young socceroos), which are encouraged to play forward and like you said to be a bit more direct especially on counters unlike the vidmar brothers where the team selections are more conservative and they don't play proactively enough.

And yes Ufuk seems more vocal on the sidelines, good signs i like that.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Barca4Life - 23 Sep 2016 12:53 AM
[quote]What a disgrace from the joeys, 6-0 and failing to pick up a point in the group and crash out.

Huge technical level disparity between both sides and also tactically Japan much more sound tactically too, surely questions will be asked?
And to think these kids have gone through the new system they still technically not good enough and their level of football IQ was very poor.

At least the young socceroos did well to win, hopefully they can qualify for the world cup and do a much better effort than the Joeys! 

Eric Abrams doesnt realise how much a big a task he has to fix the youth system here in australia.

http://www.the-afc.com/u-16-championship-2016/japan-cruise-into-quarter-final-meeting-with-uae
Group B winners Japan cruised into the AFC U-16 Championship India 2016 quarter-finals and a meeting with United Arab Emirates on the back of a perfect record after thrashing already-eliminated Australia 6-0 at GMC Stadium on Thursday.A much-changed Japan side took the lead inside five minutes through Soichiro Kozuki but after a dominant first half-hour by the team in blue, Australia did respond to keep the scoreline 1-0 at the break.The two-time winners, who had already posted scorelines of 7-0 and 8-0 in their previous Group B fixtures, raised their game in the second half and Taisei Miyashiro and Gijo Sehata all netted before the hour-mark, after which Nagi Matsumoto thumped home a sublime finish before Kozuki completed his brace on 83 minutes and substitute Akito Tanahashi added the side's sixth.Having already wrapped up Group B with a game to spare, Japan coach Yoshiro Moriyama made several changes to his starting line-up as seven players made their tournament bows.The Joeys, meanwhile, had just the one enforced change with injured midfielder Fabian Monge making way for Jacob Italiano.It was one of Australia's ever-presents, Thomas Aquilina, who was at the centre of the game's first action, though, as his pass to his centre-back partner Joel King was short and Kozuki intercepted before firing past Nicholas Suman to give Japan the lead within the opening four minutes.The Australia 'keeper was being kept busy as Toichi Suzuki then forced Suman into a sprawling save before he tipped over Miyashiro's rising drive as Japan dominated the opening spells.Shunsuke Tanimoto then passed up a golden chance for goal number two before 20 minutes were up as he blazed over from Kenta Kikuchi's cross, before Miyashiro drilled wide when one-on-one with Suman.

Australia almost punished Japan's prolificacy halfway through the first half as Dylan Pierias found time outside the penalty area to unleash a firm effort on goal that drew a solid save from Kokoro Aoki.

Indeed, despite having been overwhelmed in the opening period, it was Australia who arguably finished the half the stronger despite remaining a goal behind at the interval.

The Joeys looked to keep up the momentum after the break but eight minutes in it was Japan who added their second as Miyashiro slid home Suzuki's low cross from the right.

And Moriyama's team gave Australia a mountain to climb just a minute later as Kikuchi's deep cross from the left was sent back into the middle by Suzuki and Sehata tapped in from close-range to put his side three goals to the good.

Matsumoto then scored the pick of the bunch on 64 minutes with a stunning strike from the cusp of the penalty area that rocketed into the top corner for a 4-0 scoreline.

Roberts went close to a consolation for Australia with nine minutes remaining after his forceful run into the box culminated with Aoki tipping his shot onto the crossbar. 

But Japan responded immediately by surging up the field and Kozuki fired low past Suman for Japan's fifth.

And there was still time for Tanahashi to net his fourth of the tournament, and goal number six for Japan, as his low shot rolled in via the inside of Suman's left-hand post with five minutes left.

Japan coach Yoshiro Moriyama:
"We scored early but after the first goal we had a lot of opportunities that we couldn't finish and so we struggled a bit in the first half. We played well in the second half, though and the goals came again. 

"I was impressed with all the players who played today, all the performances were good and it was clear they gave 100 percent for the team. 

"If I had to pick out one, it would be Nagi Matsumoto. He is the youngest in the team and I'm sure he was nervous, so I was especially impressed with him.

"We couldn't finish as clinically as we could have so we'll need to improve this accuracy in the games ahead."  

Australia coach Tony Vidmar:
"We gave away a goal straight away so were on the back foot early on. Although we came back into the game in parts our turnover rate and possession was poor. 

"There was gaps in our team and Japan, an excellent team, were simply playing through us.

"We will go back and review what happened and go from there. Our side is a young one and maybe physically at a disadvantage as we struggled but we always look at the talent and potential we have. 

"It will be a big learning experience for them to have played at a tournament like this. For the next stage in their careers they will hopefully take on board these lessons from the past two weeks."

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
AJF - 21 Sep 2016 6:36 PM
I have a few friends who played in NSL & one who is an ex socceroo (although he was a fringe player) and the common theme that comes up is that with the NSL, there was a direct path from juniors through to the seniors. So these guys when they were 14-15 were playing in their age groups but were also getting pushed up into 18's & 20's, and then when they were 16-17 they were then given shots in the seniors, which happened to be NSL.

Also through the various cups & other competitions, young kids playing for State teams would come up against NSL clubs & often they would get poached and get their chance also. Sound familiar, think Jai Ingham from Hume.

Obviously not everyone made it and there are may guys I know who didnt succeed, but personally I see that as a major weakness with the HAL and the sooner the HAL teams all get proper academies running the better, but also the FFA cup and NYL teams playing in NPL comps is definitely giving more kids exposure and the opportunities which were missing a few years ago.

These are the findings of FFA's Technical Department.

The young players in the NSL were very match ready for tournament football. The FFA coaching set up is now being devolved and decentralised  to NPL clubs, and surely HAL clubs, with a pathway from under 10s to senior pro football.

The main problem was where they ended up as senior players in the NSL. 

The idea by FFA is to get these young lads back into the club coaching milieu, like the NSL. Then value add with the new top European style methodology that is overseen by FFA TDs.

This should improve the performance of the young lads, like prior to 2005. Then  lead to development  of a type of  adult player that Australia needs to take the next step in international football at senior level.

I've watched quite a bit of French football recently. It is a very hard, tough physical league, as well as being a highly technical league with a sound tactical base. That is the ultimate aim of the HAL.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Arthur - 23 Sep 2016 9:07 AM
Barca4Life - 23 Sep 2016 12:53 AM

http://www.the-afc.com/u-16-championship-2016/japan-cruise-into-quarter-final-meeting-with-uae
Group B winners Japan cruised into the AFC U-16 Championship India 2016 quarter-finals and a meeting with United Arab Emirates on the back of a perfect record after thrashing already-eliminated Australia 6-0 at GMC Stadium on Thursday.A much-changed Japan side took the lead inside five minutes through Soichiro Kozuki but after a dominant first half-hour by the team in blue, Australia did respond to keep the scoreline 1-0 at the break.The two-time winners, who had already posted scorelines of 7-0 and 8-0 in their previous Group B fixtures, raised their game in the second half and Taisei Miyashiro and Gijo Sehata all netted before the hour-mark, after which Nagi Matsumoto thumped home a sublime finish before Kozuki completed his brace on 83 minutes and substitute Akito Tanahashi added the side's sixth.Having already wrapped up Group B with a game to spare, Japan coach Yoshiro Moriyama made several changes to his starting line-up as seven players made their tournament bows.The Joeys, meanwhile, had just the one enforced change with injured midfielder Fabian Monge making way for Jacob Italiano.It was one of Australia's ever-presents, Thomas Aquilina, who was at the centre of the game's first action, though, as his pass to his centre-back partner Joel King was short and Kozuki intercepted before firing past Nicholas Suman to give Japan the lead within the opening four minutes.The Australia 'keeper was being kept busy as Toichi Suzuki then forced Suman into a sprawling save before he tipped over Miyashiro's rising drive as Japan dominated the opening spells.Shunsuke Tanimoto then passed up a golden chance for goal number two before 20 minutes were up as he blazed over from Kenta Kikuchi's cross, before Miyashiro drilled wide when one-on-one with Suman.

Australia almost punished Japan's prolificacy halfway through the first half as Dylan Pierias found time outside the penalty area to unleash a firm effort on goal that drew a solid save from Kokoro Aoki.

Indeed, despite having been overwhelmed in the opening period, it was Australia who arguably finished the half the stronger despite remaining a goal behind at the interval.

The Joeys looked to keep up the momentum after the break but eight minutes in it was Japan who added their second as Miyashiro slid home Suzuki's low cross from the right.

And Moriyama's team gave Australia a mountain to climb just a minute later as Kikuchi's deep cross from the left was sent back into the middle by Suzuki and Sehata tapped in from close-range to put his side three goals to the good.

Matsumoto then scored the pick of the bunch on 64 minutes with a stunning strike from the cusp of the penalty area that rocketed into the top corner for a 4-0 scoreline.

Roberts went close to a consolation for Australia with nine minutes remaining after his forceful run into the box culminated with Aoki tipping his shot onto the crossbar. 

But Japan responded immediately by surging up the field and Kozuki fired low past Suman for Japan's fifth.

And there was still time for Tanahashi to net his fourth of the tournament, and goal number six for Japan, as his low shot rolled in via the inside of Suman's left-hand post with five minutes left.

Japan coach Yoshiro Moriyama:
"We scored early but after the first goal we had a lot of opportunities that we couldn't finish and so we struggled a bit in the first half. We played well in the second half, though and the goals came again. 

"I was impressed with all the players who played today, all the performances were good and it was clear they gave 100 percent for the team. 

"If I had to pick out one, it would be Nagi Matsumoto. He is the youngest in the team and I'm sure he was nervous, so I was especially impressed with him.

"We couldn't finish as clinically as we could have so we'll need to improve this accuracy in the games ahead."  

Australia coach Tony Vidmar:
"We gave away a goal straight away so were on the back foot early on. Although we came back into the game in parts our turnover rate and possession was poor. 

"There was gaps in our team and Japan, an excellent team, were simply playing through us.

"We will go back and review what happened and go from there. Our side is a young one and maybe physically at a disadvantage as we struggled but we always look at the talent and potential we have. 

"It will be a big learning experience for them to have played at a tournament like this. For the next stage in their careers they will hopefully take on board these lessons from the past two weeks."

Interesting that Vidmar claimed they played young talented players, who may have been a bit young for the comp.
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Decentric - 23 Sep 2016 9:26 AM
Arthur - 23 Sep 2016 9:07 AM

Interesting that Vidmar claimed they played young talented players, who may have been a bit young for the comp.

What were Postecoglou's results when he got the grilling from Foster?

IMO Vidmar should be sacked immediately. There are no excuses for those losses against these teams.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Enzo Bearzot - 23 Sep 2016 9:37 AM
Decentric - 23 Sep 2016 9:26 AM

What were Postecoglou's results when he got the grilling from Foster?

IMO Vidmar should be sacked immediately. There are no excuses for those losses against these teams.

Different scenario then.

Australian coaches were appraised in terms of results.

There was no strategic, long term goal.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Decentric - 23 Sep 2016 9:42 AM

Different scenario then.

Does that mean the u19s failed miserably last night? 
tsf
tsf
Legend

The vietnamese players look like they run on treadmills. Feet move a million miles an hour. 

The header from blackwood was like taking baby from a candy, they were midgets around him. Overall, they played some great football at times, but it was vietnam and not france etc. 

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Different scenario then.

Sorry, doesn't wash.

Conceding 2 maybe 3 goals and losing by 1 or 2, maybe.

But these results are appalling and there is no redemption.  None.  

He should be sacked.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

the u16s seem to have no skills in defense....also a lot of players seemed to have gone backward in the coe

the coe isn't the only place players are getting the ntc. The fact that the technical standard of oz football all round is improving means this is a good sign

but I'm suspicious of the coe

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

tsf - 23 Sep 2016 9:49 AM

Does that mean the u19s failed miserably last night? 

I've lost track of games particularly with the Oz  under 19s and under 16s playing concurrently!

I've also been quite busy through work in the last few days.

I viewed a game late last night against Vietnam under 19s, ( I think) where Australia was 3-0 up at half time. I went to bed and the stream is now  unavailable. I'm assuming Australia won the game? I'm not sure of the final result? The Oz  performance in the first half was good.

I then had a look at another game where Australia  lost 1-5 to Thailand in the under 19s. I'd have to say from watching  that game, Thailand played some decent, proactive football and have improved. Sometimes  no consideration is given to other countries improving their overall football milieus in Asia.

A Thai club team gave Victory a real run for their money in an ACL play off a year or two ago. The Thai national senior team also gave Holger's Socceroos a hard time in WCQs. For some reason football is improving in Thailand and Vietnam now have a French Clairefontaine style  academy.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

grazorblade - 23 Sep 2016 9:58 AM
the u16s seem to have no skills in defense....also a lot of players seemed to have gone backward in the coe

the coe isn't the only place players are getting the ntc. The fact that the technical standard of oz football all round is improving means this is a good sign

but I'm suspicious of the coe

This has been identified by Abrams as a real cause for concern. In the old days Australia have always been good at this and coaches have given  it a big weighting. This has also been neglected in the FFA NC.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Enzo Bearzot - 23 Sep 2016 9:57 AM

Sorry, doesn't wash.

He should be sacked.

Have to agree, if at very junior level if the results are not right but players showing promise but polish needed, then ok. But getting pumped and looking like school kids playing professionals (in the world's weakest region for junior footballers), then that is too big a bridge to overcome. 
Edited
8 Years Ago by tsf
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Enzo Bearzot - 23 Sep 2016 9:57 AM

Sorry, doesn't wash.

He should be sacked.

The same coach oversaw Australia defeating Japan in the under 16s, 4-2, a year or  so ago.

The  individual technical skill of the Aussies was very good, but Japan  played better as a team.

The result flattered Australia.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

tsf - 23 Sep 2016 9:51 AM
The vietnamese players look like they run on treadmills. Feet move a million miles an hour. 

The header from blackwood was like taking baby from a candy, they were midgets around him. Overall, they played some great football at times, but it was vietnam and not france etc. 

I still don't know the final result?  

Oz  played well in the first half.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Decentric - 23 Sep 2016 10:19 AM
tsf - 23 Sep 2016 9:51 AM

I still don't know the final result?  

Oz  played well in the first half.

was 5-2. But  their two - one was an awesome free, and a penalty.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search