Hey mods - spam????

Hey mods - spam????

Author
Glenn - A-league Mad
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Saw this on another forum and it makes sense.

I am guilty of this here but had no idea. Prob a good idea to spread the word

Quote:
Like every forum, this one gets occasional spam, it can't be helped, and we're usually pretty quick to get rid of it.

However, some people, who apparently have been living under a rock, have been replying to spam posts.

Do Not. You Idiots.

The spammers monitor spam threads to see which forums get responses, any response simply encourages them to spam us more, they don't differentiate between good and bad responses, they just count them.

Buggalugs - you should...
Buggalugs - you should have listened...
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Glenn - A-league Mad wrote:

Quote:
Like every forum, this one gets occasional spam, it can't be helped, and we're usually pretty quick to get rid of it.

However, some people, who apparently have been living under a rock, have been replying to spam posts.

Do Not. You Idiots.

The spammers monitor spam threads to see which forums get responses, any response simply encourages them to spam us more, they don't differentiate between good and bad responses, they just count them.

Similar to replying to ricecrackers
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

I'm so glad that some British kitchen fitters are offering their services to people in a different fucking hemisphere.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Glenn - A-league Mad
Glenn - A-league Mad
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Buggalugs - you should have listened... wrote:

Quote:

Do Not. You Idiots.

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I'm actually now a big fan of what you wrote glenn.

For the regulars, who have been known the reply to spam threads (however witty/hilarious the post was) that are reading this - please don't do it in the future. Leave spam threads untouched - regardless of how enticing they are to reply to.

I'll attempt to PM any users responding to spam threads that I get the chance to see do it, and hopefully we can install this mindset into everyone and the spambots get less keen on harrassing our forum.

Cheers Glenn, and others for cooperating in future.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Thanks for the heads up, Glenn and co!
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Buggalugs - you should have listened... wrote:

Quote:

Do Not. You Idiots.

Exactly. Amazing to see how many are still taking the bait in the politics and climate change thread.

Member since 2008.

scotty21
scotty21
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

oops

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search