Raymond Verheijen ex-Roar now UK training troll

Raymond Verheijen ex-Roar now UK training troll

Author
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Stumbled across this while searching for info on Rogic on TalkCeltic.
Two schools of thought in the UK as displayed from comments under the post.
http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151201

An interview that is more US related as far as training goes that maybe of interest to us in OZ.
http://socceranywhere.com/raymond-verheijen-soccer-fitness/

This is a short one with SBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63etg5TvicM

This is long but really interesting.Highly recommend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcTAfnqW1G4

I know he has been posted on here before but it is interesting stuff with our A-League teams in pre-season

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
In the first article on Celtic forums, what Verheijen delineates is how FFA impart coaching methodology, based on his work. The same with KNVB.

All training is done with the ball and game related.

I much prefer 2 hours to 90 minutes though, to get everything done.
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
In the first article on Celtic forums, what Verheijen delineates is how FFA impart coaching methodology, based on his work. The same with KNVB.

I'm guessing that's about 90 minutes of physical ball play.That extra half hr to reach 2hr training is verbal coaching and setting up for each exercise.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
SpongeBobFC wrote:
Decentric wrote:

I'm guessing that's about 90 minutes of physical ball play.That extra half hr to reach 2hr training is verbal coaching and setting up for each exercise.

One does the total setting up before the session. It takes 20 -30 minutes. boefre it can take 20 mins to 90 minutes to plan a session. For me it is a bit too too reminiscent of classroom teaching.

Then flog the players throughout the whole session, unless for a brief coaching point for a technical or tactical explanation. The harder one works them, the more they appreciate it.
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro

Decentric wrote:
SpongeBobFC wrote:
Decentric wrote:

One does the total setting up before the session. It takes 20 -30 minutes. boefre it can take 20 mins to 90 minutes to plan a session. For me it is a bit too too reminiscent of classroom teaching.

Then flog the players throughout the whole session, unless for a brief coaching point for a technical or tactical explanation. The harder one works them, the more they appreciate it.

I guess i was picturing the amateur coach who often arrives to training between 6.30 and 7 after work to their local club.
Some light warm up while the gear is being pulled out then into it.
Setting up the next exercise as you go allowing for drinks and toilet breaks.
Picturing pre-teens and teens that is for a local mum & dad or senior player to put together a good ball playing training session.
I'm sure the FFA or local federations have packs to advise all this though.

I know when it comes to work meetings or onsite toolbox's they need to be under 20 minutes as even adults lose attention after that .
so each exercise should be no more than 15-20 minutes to keep players engaged.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search