2015 NPL Finals Series

2015 NPL Finals Series

Author
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
5-0 Bayswater lead late into the second half.
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Bayswater City 2-0 up early doors over Olympia Warriors.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Goal Bayswater City

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Hobart Olympia v Bayswater City

Stream available on the NPL website.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Ended 2-1. Wasn't the highest tempo game and Blacktown controlled it very well.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

HT
Blacktown 2-0 Moreton Bay

Stream
http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com.au/article/live-stream---blacktown-city-fc-v-moreton-bay-united-fc/1xkrjuhhxesyx1evk55528d5x9

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:
Blacktown would be heavy favourites now to take out the championship

I don't know why but for some unknown reason Bayswater City seem to be my tip.

Just the tip ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

-PB

Edited by paulbagzFC: 21/9/2015 01:06:42 PM

Dear god.

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

torcida90 wrote:
southmelb wrote:
They have scrapped the fixturing and returned to the points system to determine where the semi finals/final will be held like last year. Good call imo, should encourage attacking football as well.

Still don't like the fact that the draw is rigged so that the same state champions play each other every year. Surely a 7 game tournament doesn't justify pairing up the closest states.

Yup.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
Arthur wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Hobart Olympia 2-0.=d>

I'm texting Benjamin through this game.:lol:

I'm not sure if Arthur is there or not?

Yes was there interesting encounter, Olimpia early lead gave them the advantage of playing a counter attacking game leading to a second goal.

Half time substitution and readjustment of the lineup saw South Melbourne dominate possession as Olimpia could barely get past the half way line.

Countless chances missed, many corners wasted, and poor finishing led to a 2-1 lose for South.

Impressed with Olimpia Goalkeeper for me man of the match.

Defensively Olmpia kept their shape and depth.

Epifano class act.

I texted you during the game.:)

South looked good after Hickey was sent off.

South's finishing was abysmal. From so many chances when they had numerical advantage, they should've converted more than 1 goal.:-k

Epifano looked very good, I agree.=d>

Just saw your text.

South also lost because a) they couldn't handle the match tension b) they could not adapt to the set back of a last minute change to the line-up.
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Quote:
The PlayStation 4 NPL 2015 Semi Finals will be held in NSW and Western Australia following the results of the weekend’s four Elimination Finals.

Blacktown City FC and Bayswater City SC both earned the right to host their Semi Finals after finishing ahead of their next up opponents in the points system used to determine the home team for the Semi Finals and Grand Final.

Using the points system, Blacktown City FC finished with 11 points after their 4-1 win over Canberra FC, one point ahead of Moreton Bay United FC who defeated Edgeworth FC 3-1 at QSAC.

On the other side of the draw, Bayswater City SC’s come from behind 2-1 victory over West Adelaide saw them register seven (7) points, while Olympia FC’s stunning upset 2-1 win away against South Melbourne FC saw them end with one (1) point due to accruing a number of yellow cards and a red card.

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com.au/article/nsw-and-wa-to-host-ps4-npl-semi-finals/1x5n9844ilwas1wj2ulprtue3s
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Supporter fatigue plays a part, it's been a very long season, South played almost 40 games in all competitions this year, the title race for top spot was a thrilling ride, going down to goal difference, constantly looking at futbol live app to see what bentleigh were doing in the final weeks. You can't beat that sort of tension. You win that and suddenly move to the knockout playoffs, and from that to the nationwide cup, I didn't see much promotion for this tournament, in fact some media outlets had written that bentleigh would be playing Olympia, maybe if we had moved on to the semi final and faced west Adelaide word would have spread being an old Nsl derby but even they fell.

Btw I think 1,000 is being generous, can't have been more than 500 inside the stadium, they have to do a better job of promoting this tournament and making it a big deal. The prize that is on offer for winning it deserves it. The problem is the ffa cup has completely suffocated all the other comps.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:

Just the tip ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

-PB

Edited by paulbagzFC: 21/9/2015 01:06:42 PM

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Cromulent wrote:
Decentric wrote:

With a nice little stadium, and a decent pitch, where were all the South supporters?

Only 1000 bothered to turn up to watch South play in the nationwide NPL Cup. :-k

When a Tassie NPL team plays interstate opoostion, crowds are bigger here I think. To their credit a lot of South supporters turned up to watch them play in Tasmania last year. Yet few more turned up to watch them in Melbourne.:?

I can understand the lack of interest in this competition from the supporters to a degree, yes it's the nationwide NPL cup but it's tacked on to the end of season like an afterthought. It holds nowhere near the amount interest that the FFA Cup would command and if I were a South fan I would've been much more likely to attend a league match with a neck & neck title race going on, or the Dockerty Cup final or an FFA Cup qualifying game. The fact is they've been involved in a lot of games this year and this game came up at short notice, is tacked on to the end of a long season and seeing Olympia isn't exactly a big drawcard.

I also think that South line-up is nowhere near indicative of what they were like throughout the season at all. Without Roganovic their keeper, Jawadi in central midfield and Eagar in central defence they were missing 3 of their best players that have barely missed a game all year. Shifting Norton (IMO their best player this season) from lb to centre back completely nullified his strengths in terms of getting forward, providing quality crosses, causing 2v1 situations for opposition fullbacks to deal with, allowing Epifano to drift in more centrally etc. and this was a fatal error by Chris Taylor. Yes, they were beaten on the day and don't get me wrong, I dislike South more than most, but judging them and their season on this game alone wouldn't be fair at all.

No disrespect to the Tassie sides, but it's a much bigger event for them to have a South Melbourne or a Sydney United down there than vice versa. South Melbourne fans arent going to be overly excited about playing a club from Tasmania.

The FFA and state feds need to review the promotion that the NPL finals series gets. It's almost non-existent.
Cromulent
Cromulent
Rising Star
Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)

Decentric wrote:

With a nice little stadium, and a decent pitch, where were all the South supporters?

Only 1000 bothered to turn up to watch South play in the nationwide NPL Cup. :-k

When a Tassie NPL team plays interstate opoostion, crowds are bigger here I think. To their credit a lot of South supporters turned up to watch them play in Tasmania last year. Yet few more turned up to watch them in Melbourne.:?

I can understand the lack of interest in this competition from the supporters to a degree, yes it's the nationwide NPL cup but it's tacked on to the end of season like an afterthought. It holds nowhere near the amount interest that the FFA Cup would command and if I were a South fan I would've been much more likely to attend a league match with a neck & neck title race going on, or the Dockerty Cup final or an FFA Cup qualifying game. The fact is they've been involved in a lot of games this year and this game came up at short notice, is tacked on to the end of a long season and seeing Olympia isn't exactly a big drawcard.

I also think that South line-up is nowhere near indicative of what they were like throughout the season at all. Without Roganovic their keeper, Jawadi in central midfield and Eagar in central defence they were missing 3 of their best players that have barely missed a game all year. Shifting Norton (IMO their best player this season) from lb to centre back completely nullified his strengths in terms of getting forward, providing quality crosses, causing 2v1 situations for opposition fullbacks to deal with, allowing Epifano to drift in more centrally etc. and this was a fatal error by Chris Taylor. Yes, they were beaten on the day and don't get me wrong, I dislike South more than most, but judging them and their season on this game alone wouldn't be fair at all.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

19-SU-58 wrote:

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Roberts
Roberts
Rising Star
Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)Rising Star (750 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
wow SMH lose at home to a Tassie team - how disgraceful they continue to fail on the big stage

Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class

NPL national semi finals:
Blacktown City - New South Wales v Moreton Bay United - Queensland venue TBD
Bayswater City - Western Australia v Olympia Warriors - Tasmania venue TBD

dates to be determined by the FFA.
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class

Blacktown City 4-1 winners they will play Queensland's Moreton Bay United next week.

Blacktown City:
Win within 90 minutes = 3 points
Goals For 4 = 12 points
Goals Against 1 = -1 point
Red Card 1 =-3 points

total of 11 points

any clue if they got any yellow cards during the game.

Edited by Brenton1986: 20/9/2015 05:57:36 PM
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class

they probably need 1 more to completely make sure of home ground advantage again next week.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Blacktown up 3-0 against Canberra FC after about 55 mins.
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class

Bayswater City beat West Adelaide 2-1.

how many yellow cards for Bayswater City and it's important who gets home ground advantage either in Perth or Hobart.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

southmelb wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
southmelb wrote:
Our captain Michael eager rolled his ankle 15 minutes before kick off, our best midfielder jawadi was suspended from last weeks grand final, and our keeper roganovic also got injured last week, our issue all season has been an inability to cover injuries, we had to play our lb in cb position which diminished our attacking ability down the flanks.

The way I saw it though we weren't switched on, didn't show the opposition enough respect and only started showing urgency when the match reached a critical point, when you are 2 goals down though you have to be clinical with your finishing, how we managed to miss so many chances is baffling, many of them easier to score then miss. Ultimately it simply wasn't good enough and the team with the right attitude won.

The salt is real.

Which part of that assessment do you disagree with? Simply that's how it played out.

:lol:

I dont disagree but its obvious that you are upset.

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
southmelb wrote:
Our captain Michael eager rolled his ankle 15 minutes before kick off, our best midfielder jawadi was suspended from last weeks grand final, and our keeper roganovic also got injured last week, our issue all season has been an inability to cover injuries, we had to play our lb in cb position which diminished our attacking ability down the flanks.

The way I saw it though we weren't switched on, didn't show the opposition enough respect and only started showing urgency when the match reached a critical point, when you are 2 goals down though you have to be clinical with your finishing, how we managed to miss so many chances is baffling, many of them easier to score then miss. Ultimately it simply wasn't good enough and the team with the right attitude won.

The salt is real.

Which part of that assessment do you disagree with? Simply that's how it played out.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

southmelb wrote:

The salt is real.

southmelb
southmelb
World Class

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Brenton1986 wrote:
anyone have a idea how many yellow cards Hobart Olympia got in the game.

No.

There was a red though.

When the the stream cut out I took the dog for a walk circa 40 minute mark. When I got back Hickey was sent off, which must have been close to the interval. Thankfully, the stream returned.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
Decentric wrote:
Hobart Olympia 2-0.=d>

I'm texting Benjamin through this game.:lol:

I'm not sure if Arthur is there or not?

Yes was there interesting encounter, Olimpia early lead gave them the advantage of playing a counter attacking game leading to a second goal.

Half time substitution and readjustment of the lineup saw South Melbourne dominate possession as Olimpia could barely get past the half way line.

Countless chances missed, many corners wasted, and poor finishing led to a 2-1 lose for South.

Impressed with Olimpia Goalkeeper for me man of the match.

Defensively Olmpia kept their shape and depth.

Epifano class act.

I texted you during the game.:)

South looked good after Hickey was sent off.

South's finishing was abysmal. From so many chances when they had numerical advantage, they should've converted more than 1 goal.:-k

Epifano looked very good, I agree.=d>

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

One of the things the patronising commentators said before the South/Hobart Olympic game, was that South consider themselves the best club outside the HAL.

Whoever said it, why?:?

Any club saying this is just going to provide other clubs with more reason to dislike them. Deeds on the pitch are the criterion for evaluation by the rest of the Oz football community.

In terms of 11 v11 players on the twitch, I haven't seen South play football as high in quality in different aspects of the compared to Jamey Harnwell's WA NPL team, SA's Croydon, Brisbane Lions, Bentleigh Greens or Rockdale (best team outside the HAL I've seen). This covers teams from all Aussie mainland states.

On the big stage, South seem to struggle when everything is on the line. There are probably South supporters who cringe at this, but for a team some talk up as the best team outside the HAL, it is not a good look.

When Hobart Olympic's Hickey was sent off , South look superb against Hobart Olympia when playing 11 v 10.

When the game was 11 v 11, it was pretty even for the first 25 mins. Then South got on top for the next 15 minutes before the stream cut out.

Theodore and the left winger, who trialled overseas, looked good in that stanza of the game. I was told during the game that South were missing key players. So were Hobart Olympic. Last time I saw them play, best on ground , Gustaffson, was absent against South.

Edited by Decentric: 20/9/2015 09:32:46 AM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Games continue today.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search