football is dance

football is dance

Author
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Dance.
a series of steps and movements that match the speed and rhythm of a piece of music.

[youtube]5xieljfBC5g[/youtube]

Edited by krones3: 23/8/2015 11:09:05 AM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm sure dance helps general co-ordination and footwork, like skipping. In general though the great benefit in football comes from training with the ball at the feet.

Your juggling routine you did with players you coach has a lot of merit, Krones. There is a lot of footwork and co-ordination in juggling, all with the ball.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric wrote:
I'm sure dance helps general co-ordination and footwork, like skipping. In general though the great benefit in football comes from training with the ball at the feet.

Your juggling routine you did with players you coach has a lot of merit, Krones. There is a lot of footwork and co-ordination in juggling, all with the ball.

Yes but football and juggling don't teach movement and rythm properly dance is the only thing that does.
Most but not all players in NPL level are like diesel trucks but the strikers player who got hurt (from Costa Rica ) was not fast but moved with great flair and poise.Even most of the good jugglers i train have not developed good movement.
PS i am now using ladders to improve foot movement but i dont think it is the total answer.

poise =2. Bearing of the body, especially when graceful:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search