Assessment categories

Assessment categories

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Competence profile & assessment

Striking the Ball               

Short Passing dominant foot               
Short Passing non dominant foot               
Long passing               
Correct Weight of Pass               
Shooting               

First Touch               

Dominant Foot under pressure               
Non Dominant Foot under pressure               
Inside foot                
Outside foot               

1 v 1 attacking            

Confidence to take on players using both feet               
Confidence to try 1 v 1 in match situation with both feet               
Change of pace when attacking defender               
Ability to change direction in possession of the ball               

1 v 1 defending               

Body position when defending 1 v 1                
Correct decision when to hold up attacker and when to tackle               
Ability to show inside or outside in relation to team mates               

Running With the Ball               

Right Foot               
Left Foot               
Ability to carry ball with speed               
Confident to use the furthest foot depending on the position of the opposition defender               

Personality characteristics               

Ability to learn (player coachable)               
Ability to focus and concentrate               
General attitude, discipline & conduct               
Individual Confidence   

Edited by munrubenmuz: 10/9/2015 01:59:16 PM

Member since 2008.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Munrubenmuz wrote:

Striking the Ball               

Short Passing dominant foot               
Short Passing non dominant foot               
Long passing               
Correct Weight of Pass               
Shooting               

First Touch               

Dominant Foot under pressure               
Non Dominant Foot under pressure               
Inside foot                
Outside foot               

1 v 1 attacking            

Confidence to take on players using both feet               
Confidence to try 1 v 1 in match situation with both feet               
Change of pace when attacking defender               
Ability to change direction in possession of the ball               

1 v 1 defending               

Running With the Ball               

Right Foot               
Left Foot               
Ability to carry ball with speed               
Confident to use the furthest foot depending on the position of the opposition defender               

Personality characteristics               

Ability to learn (player coachable)               
Ability to focus and concentrate               
General attitude, discipline & conduct               
Individual Confidence   

Edited by munrubenmuz: 10/9/2015 01:59:16 PM

Very comprehensive.

All I would add to that list is Running With The Ball and 1v1 Taking On Players with both feet, is to try and work towards keeping one's head up whilst on the ball.

Also, working towards being able to implement them under pressure in match scenarios. A lot of practice is needed at training, working with other players in 1v1 and SSGs.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Bump

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Bump

This type of comprehensive analysis, is why the 16 year olds who are the vanguard of players who have been trained from 9-13 in these aspects of the game in SAP and Skilleroo progams is why we are seeing superior technicians in the Joeys to any generation we've had before.

The current players playing in the Socceroos, are usually the most two sided players we have in this country. They are two footed and play with effective body position on both sides of the body. However, there are very few players who have these qualities between the ages of 20 -35 in Australia.

With this comprehensive check list, there is always something for any player to work on.

One player who has really impressed me in last year's HAL, is Adrian Caceres. However, he is very one one foot dominant compared to the most of the current Socceroos.

Unless one is as good a player as Maradona, who is very left footed, it is so important to develop skills on both sides of the body.

Sometimes the likes of Caceres, and Glen Trifiro, more so, for CCM, keep playing on one side of the pitch. They don't have the vision (head not up enough when on the ball), and two sideness to always see the best passing option on the other side of it.

If they had undergone current SAP and Skilleroo training, they would have been far more effective on their non-prefered sides of the body and been less one foot dominant.

Edited by Decentric: 12/9/2015 10:56:29 AM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Munrubenmuz wrote:

1 v 1 defending               

This came about from a FFA SAP curriculum writer visiting Germany.

At that time, naively, in our curriculum, we only had 1v1 attacking skills.

The Germans immediately pointed out the lack of defensive 1v1s to him in our FFA NC. [-x

This SAP curriculum writer showed it to Berger and it was immediately added to the FFA NC.

One other important facet to add to these, is being able to defend on both flanks and being able to jockey on both sides of the body.

I have one brilliant exercise for developing Attacking 1v1 and Defensive skills, which came from a junior coach in a club I was TD of, taking one regular exercise futher. It is also brilliant for stamina as a conditioning exercise too. Credit to him.

One senior FFA coach, suggests to coaches to always see any session viewed or taken, as an opportunity to learn from others. I promptly made a suggestion to improve his session.:d

Another junior coach from a club I was TD, of a watched a the same session, later and identified some key areas I had missed. So I learnt from him. I've also passed this onto a few members of 442 to assist their kids.

A few months ago, from a group I observed at a coaching course, I learnt a lot about shielding the ball from a 15 year old player I coached in a rep team two years ago. He learnt it from one of FFA 's top coaches.

In the same session I coached a couple of senior NPL players in improving their shooting. They were initially reluctant to listen, because they didn't know me. The FFA instructor said they were defenders and couldn't score in a brothel, basically saying it was a waste of time coaching them.

A few weeks later, one them scored one of the goals of the NPL season from a volley, about 25 metres out. ](*,) Benjamin knows this player from Melbourne.

I was trying to get them to take their touch with the outside of both feet away from the body, before shooting to set up an initial fake, as well as when volleying to shoot with their nearest foot to the ball as it was a more effective body shape.

One cannot emphasise how important it is to view every session to learn from anybody. Fine tuning some sessions from observing other coaches, supposedly with a lot lower levels of training, has improved some exercises I know, and improved my knowledge to assist players become better footballers.

As coaches we can all learn from each other.

Getting back to the topic females generally don't like 1v1 training.

Good on Munrub for starting this thread.=d>

Edited by Decentric: 12/9/2015 10:56:51 AM
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
[
A few months ago, from a group I observed at a coaching course, I learnt a lot about shielding the ball from a 15 year old player I coached in a rep team two years ago. He learnt it from one of FFA 's top coaches.

Edited by Decentric: 12/9/2015 10:56:51 AM

this is often overlooked , and should be one of the first things taught to 7/8 year olds, even before passing and 1v1 etc but after running with the ball/dribbling.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search