Disgraceful parent/coaching behaviour at junior games

Disgraceful parent/coaching behaviour at junior games

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezZ2ZRfSsLY

Who has seen this at games?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I'm resurrecting this, after Arthur's recent comments and links.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric wrote:
I'm resurrecting this, after Arthur's recent comments and links.

I coached an under 10's team last season and overall the parents were quite good. We did have one incident in the grand final. I pulled off our best player, as we had a rotation policy. One of the dad's (not the boys) had a go at me, I however turned around and told him everyone gets a go.

He wasn't too happy but the boy's dad came up to me after the match and congratulated me and said I did the right thing. We won the grand final by the way via a penalty shoot out (we went through 9 takers each).

I think more and more parents are aware of what appropriate behaviour is at games nowadays, and clubs are less likely to tolerate rude parents. Most junior clubs have spectator codes of behaviour.

I have a work colleague who is banned from coaching and attending his son's basketball matches (by the club) due to his aggressive and loud behaviour.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search