Syria

Syria

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I am convinced the Syria will be one of the best if not the best team in Asia within 15 years. The amount of immigrant children in Germany, Austria and Sweden will ensure this. Also to a lesser extent Iran and Iraq will benefit this way also.

Afghanistan will also benefit but this will be a generational thing when they start having children.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Easily. I was thinking this the other day and I'm convinced this is how Iraq won the asian cup.

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The problem is that the best children of refugees or migrants often end up playing for their adopted country. Obviously you have to be very good to make it all the way to the top there but Germany's national team has a shit tonne of Turks in it. Sweden has it's far share of Assyrian, Iraqi and former Yugoslav ethnics going through it's international program.

Viennese Vuck

tbitm
tbitm
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Gonna be a lot longer than 15 years. Most refugees making it to Europe are males above 16 so won't get the full development. Maybe their kids will, but as m_t said, the best will play for their adopted country.

I think they'll more likely take a dip since much of their talented kids will be displaced in nearby middle eastern countries, hampering their development. If the worst news hasn't already happened to them.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search