The difference between knowing and not knowing - fatigue management

Author
Damo Baresi
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Leading Sports Scientist Dr. Craig Duncan shares his experiences working with the Socceroos as head of sport science in the 2015 Asian Cup. In part 2 of this 3 part series, Dr. Craig Duncan discusses some of his career highlights managing training and fatigue data in preparation for the Socceroos 2-1 win against Korea Republic.
The following are some excerpts from Dr. Duncan’s ASCA presentation.
“My concern, sitting on the bench in the final, was that you always walk the balance between accumulated fatigue and under training”.
“There is this concept of a ‘Pre-Mortem’. A Pre-Mortem is identifying everything that could possibly go wrong to stop what you want… And what we want is success”.
“I see my job as service to players, to the boss, to anyone I work with”.
“We can’t increase their fitness anymore so it’s all about fatigue and the management of fatigue to get that overall physical performance”.
“I never ever like to see a coach circle a number on any of my reports and ask me to explain that, because that is what this should do”.
“…It’s about prevention of injury. You know, it’s about prediction of injury. No it’s about performance”.
Email or contact us via any of our social media channels to see the full video of Dr. Craig Duncan’s 2015 Asian Cup Experience.

See more
http://www.fusionsport.com/blog/asca-conference-2015-dr-craig-duncan-s-shares-his-2015-asian-cup-experience
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search