J League starts this weekend

J League starts this weekend

Author
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
First game of the season is Iwata v Nagoya Grampus.

Got a mate in Nagoya, so I am going to follow them this year.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

The money may be in the csl but the jleague is the best damn league in asia. Also the fact the japanese players who are good enough end up in europe . Mostly in the bundesliga .
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I think the J League is pretty good, the Chinese may get there one day, but not this year :)
I have watched a couple of games before, but I'm going to try to follow a team this year, Grampus sounds as good as any.

Edited by moops: 26/2/2016 11:54:10 PM
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Pre europe hulk was ripping it up in japan. Love the jleague they are smart , they dont overspend on players , they are smart and look for cheap south americans , then on sell them if they are good enough. They also had a 100 year plan which may seem excessive but they are going good guns in that plan.
moops
moops
Pro

2 hours to go, it's a good warm up to the HAL.

I haven't followed it before now, just a game here and there, so thanks for the info.
The Japanese like their schedules, 100 year plan seems to fit into their diary focused lives hahaha.
moops
moops
Pro

https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif
moops
moops
Pro

Good game, but I notice their refs are as bad as ours.

Iwata 0 - 1 Grampus
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

J-League is ok. maybe even a step up from A-League. Would be rival in goodness.

China have very poor build up and the crossing is just as bad as ours. Chinese are quite small also which makes this look even worse when the ball arrives in the box. Can only hope they get better at technical side abilities like Japan , there ball smarts is where they beat us I think.

Roar4Life
Roar4Life
Amateur
Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)Amateur (519 reputation)

Good to see both Omiya and Nagoya start the year with wins. Lived in both places and I like to keep an eye on how they go. Nagoya will always be my number 1 though as I lived there first.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Love the J-League and i try my best to follow it but it is very hard to follow since it lost it's TV coverage on Setanta. Can't always be arsed finding a stream.

Viennese Vuck

moops
moops
Pro

Roar4Life wrote:
Good to see both Omiya and Nagoya start the year with wins. Lived in both places and I like to keep an eye on how they go. Nagoya will always be my number 1 though as I lived there first.

Nice mate, I have never been to Japan, but I hope the Grampus do well, it;s a good start!
moops
moops
Pro

melbourne_terrace wrote:
Love the J-League and i try my best to follow it but it is very hard to follow since it lost it's TV coverage on Setanta. Can't always be arsed finding a stream.

internet is you're friend.
They do play a high intensity game, but that may be due to the colder weather.
moops
moops
Pro

I might start a J League thread besides this one, but I could be rather bad at it, but I'll give it a go if there are a few interested.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search