AFL not allowing grass to be cut at Adelaide oval until day before Grand Final

AFL not allowing grass to be cut at Adelaide oval until day before...

Author
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:
Does the AFL damage the pitch like Rugby and League does?

Nah, just women and children.

Didn't realize Harry Novillo and Archie Thompson played the sport?

Shouldn't you be too busy stabbing Victory fans and beating up your own players to lay into opposition players? :-k

Come up for a beer, and find out. ;)

Can I join in too?
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:

Shouldn't you be too busy stabbing Victory fans and beating up your own players to lay into opposition players? :-k

And Japanese pensioners
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

WSF wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:

Can I join in too?

Sure. Just no throwing wheelie bins at children this time. OK?

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:

As long as your boss is buying.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:

I know his till code and have access to his account. I'm sure he won't notice. ;)

nick1408
nick1408
Amateur
Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)

paladisious wrote:
scubaroo wrote:
Mate of mine read this, he's a greens keeper and did his apprenticeship at optus oval in the late 90s. Having the afl game the night before and then taking 3mm off will make the roll of the ball inconsistant especially with rain. They would be better to take at least 5mm off but he would think that the afl have insisted they can only take the amount off that fits a-league requirements. He said it would 100% detract from the game. He also said if they paint over the ads and then take the length off you shouldn't see it but again they won't they will mow then paint over the ads making it look shit.

Interesting, thanks for providing a qualified opinion, even if it is bad news!

Bit of a nothing story I feel. How quickly does Adelaide Oval's grass grow at this time of year? That is what the AFL will be looking at because they will want it at 28mm each and every week. For the few A-League games there are each year there they unfortunately don't have much of a bark in this fight. AFL brings in the dollars each week so in my opinion they get the say in these (trivial) matters
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

wouldnt happen in europe.

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:

I know his till code and have access to his account. I'm sure he won't notice. ;)

31/01/15 Never Forget.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Heineken wrote:
paladisious wrote:
RyanM wrote:

31/01/15 Never Forget.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Ah, yes. A dark, dark, day.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search