Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Author
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Aikhme wrote:

It is not my team. It's too plastic,

I support West Adelaide in the NPL.

And yes, SMFC has a greater birthright than any club in Australia!

Didn't Recoba say something similar about Uruguay's chances in 2005. We all know what happen there!!!!

Birthright is such an old way of thinking!!!!

My grandfather was in the army, my dad was in te army, my brother is in the army & hence I will also join the army!!!!
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It is not my team. It's too plastic,

I support West Adelaide in the NPL.

And yes, SMFC has a greater birthright than any club in Australia!

Didn't Recoba say something similar about Uruguay's chances in 2005. We all know what happen there!!!!

Birthright is such an old way of thinking!!!!

My grandfather was in the army, my dad was in te army, my brother is in the army & hence I will also join the army!!!!

That is why you are so plastic and will soon be recycled into cleaning detergent! :lol:
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

To be fair

SMFC does have a birthright

The franchises were 2-D printed in a lawyers office

Edited by View from the fence: 22/6/2016 01:55:09 PM

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

canonical
canonical
Amateur
Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)Amateur (503 reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
Yes, I would like to openly declare that I no longer have any affiliation to AUFC and that I will not be going to ANY of their games, or let my family attend

Someguy
Someguy
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:

What, are yous saying no Greek Players have ever played for Everton.

What a plastic outlook! :lol:

No, but it's pretty plastic to just support a handful of teams because of a tenuous temporary connection.

The only recent one that comes to mind is Vellios, but he was pretty awful.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

canonical wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Yes, I would like to openly declare that I no longer have any affiliation to AUFC and that I will not be going to ANY of their games, or let my family attend

You see, even the chairs are plastic! :lol:
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

No, but it's pretty plastic to just support a handful of teams because of a tenuous temporary connection.

It's called tribalism.

It doesn't exist in the plastic world of A League.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

View from the fence wrote:
To be fair

SMFC does have a birthright

The franchises were 2-D printed in a lawyers office

Edited by View from the fence: 22/6/2016 01:55:09 PM

Just wait for the 3D version.

It's not far off now.
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

you wont let your family attend matches? wind up or not that sounds serial killerish

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Swarth wrote:
you wont let your family attend matches? wind up or not that sounds serial killerish

Since they are young kids playing U6s, I think it's still my call to make.

I am bringing them up to not like plastic things. :lol:
Someguy
Someguy
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It's called tribalism.

Supporting a large set of successful clubs and trying to justify it after the fact, while changing alliances regularly is the very definition of being a plastic. You are the archetype case of being a plastic.
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
Swarth wrote:

so your entire family consists of young kids who are under 6 years old? some family you got there:lol:

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Swarth wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Swarth wrote:

so your entire family consists of young kids who are under 6 years old? some family you got there:lol:

Wifey only wants to watch the kids play.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It's called tribalism.

Supporting a large set of successful clubs and trying to justify it after the fact, while changing alliances regularly is the very definition of being a plastic. You are the archetype case of being a plastic.

I haven't changed alliances regularly.

My teams have been life long.

AUFC got a brief run off the bench last season but has now been dropped because it's too plastic!
Someguy
Someguy
Pro

Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It's called tribalism.

AUFC got a brief run off the bench last season but has now been dropped because it's too plastic!

Have they now. Didn't you suggest your cousin played for Everton being the reason. Either your cousin was playing them them when you were born (I'm unaware of any Greek players for Everton in the era 25-35 years ago) or they're fairly new for your "lifelong list".

You gave so little of a care about the Hellas that you just added them today to replace the "off the bench" AUFC.

The best thing about plastics is how hard they feel they have to argue to pretend they're not. You're a plastic, there's nothing wrong with that (except by your own attacks right now), you need to learn to accept who you are.
Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Aikhme
you want WAHellas and Adelaide city to merge ? to what ? to form a composite team which will enter the A league
isnt that what AUFC is , a composite team formed for Adelaide ?
i dont get it... they are plastic ? if so wont the new team be plastic as well ? i
Someguy
Someguy
Pro

Nachoman wrote:
Aikhme
you want WAHellas and Adelaide city to merge ? to what ? to form a composite team which will enter the A league
i dont get it... they are plastic ? if so wont the new team be plastic as well ? i

Their problem isn't plastics, it's that they want to have something that makes them feel special.

Lifelong fans usually only care about plastics if they're taking their spot, as they are generally a good thing for clubs. Plastics lead to more lifelong fans, more income for the club, and a stronger future, usually people complaining, particularly complaining about the nebulous idea of a "plastic league" are people who lack their own footballing identify and are desperately trying to denigrate something to make their own niche. Most of the time (i.e. this case), these people are plastics themselves.
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Need a thread where 'plastic' is defined

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Nachoman wrote:
Aikhme

I don't think a merger is on the cards. West Adelaide and Adelaide City will continue but both are looking into forming a joint venture if you like.

There is a major disconnect between the NPL and the A League.

Junior fees are at a record level. I paid $1,000 for 2 kids to play U6. And the money is being thrown at AUFC.

Many fans, have been excluded. Yes so many attend, but they don't feel the same and then there is the more hardcore that just won't attend.

The NPL is being neglected despite it being the grassroots engine room.

I also believe there will be benefits to AUFC. The rivalry will be intence, and I believe the new entity will have a big supporter base from the NPL teams.

AUFC is not popular in the NPL, or West Adelaide and Adelaide City.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

View from the fence wrote:
Need a thread where 'plastic' is defined

I will come up with a Glossary to define the terms and I will even provide a sliding scale for you! :lol:
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

StiflersMom wrote:

Stifles gonna do something? :lol:

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

I'm a South Melbourne nut myself now living on the sunshine coast, initially i didn't like the A league but after ten years, and despite its shortcomings, its actually pretty good. And there's hope that new-Lowy gets the benefit of integrating top to bottom through P/R so mate, drop the plastic BS and climb on board again :)
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It's called tribalism.

Have they now. Didn't you suggest your cousin played for Everton being the reason. Either your cousin was playing them them when you were born (I'm unaware of any Greek players for Everton in the era 25-35 years ago) or they're fairly new for your "lifelong list".

You gave so little of a care about the Hellas that you just added them today to replace the "off the bench" AUFC.

The best thing about plastics is how hard they feel they have to argue to pretend they're not. You're a plastic, there's nothing wrong with that (except by your own attacks right now), you need to learn to accept who you are.

Oh for crying out loud. I've been following them for 20 odd years, and West Adelaide, Apoel, and Lazio since I was a boy.

AUFC got a run off the bench last year but has been dropped.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

FullBack4 wrote:
I'm a South Melbourne nut myself now living on the sunshine coast, initially i didn't like the A league but after ten years, and despite its shortcomings, its actually pretty good. And there's hope that new-Lowy gets the benefit of integrating top to bottom through P/R so mate, drop the plastic BS and climb on board again :)

Absolutely!

Good luck to SMFC!

If SMFC enetr before the West Adelaide and Adelaide City going concern, then I will support them too, because they are not plastic.

Edited by Aikhme: 22/6/2016 02:46:04 PM
FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
Nachoman wrote:
Aikhme

I don't think a merger is on the cards. West Adelaide and Adelaide City will continue but both are looking into forming a joint venture if you like.

Junior fees are at a record level. I paid $1,000 for 2 kids to play U6. And the money is being thrown at AUFC.

Many fans, have been excluded. Yes so many attend, but they don't feel the same and then there is the more hardcore that just won't attend.

I also believe there will be benefits to AUFC. The rivalry will be intence, and I believe the new entity will have a big supporter base from the NPL teams.

The NPL will cease to be "less plastic" when it introduces P/R to the leagues below it and stops demanding something from the HAL that it's not prepared to implement itself. and I watch more NPL-Q each year than i do HAL
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

FullBack4 wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Nachoman wrote:
Aikhme

The NPL will cease to be "less plastic" when it introduces P/R to the leagues below it and stops demanding something from the HAL that it's not prepared to implement itself. and I watch more NPL-Q each year than i do HAL

There is promotion and relegation. At least in the NPLSA there is.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

FullBack4 wrote:

To be fair, most other State NPLs have pro/rel to at least one level below it, and some many more.

Queensland is one of only a few that don't.

Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Not your best wind up

4/10 for effort

No wind up. I am being serious. Don't really care who get's upset or not. They shouldn't get upset at all, but some people just have no clue.

If people don't do things like this, or express their opinions openly and freely, then the FFA will not know that there are issues out there and that the Football Community is divided. These sentiments are hardly uncommon.

The only person that seems plastic is you mate for jumping ship from one club to another just for shits and giggles.

So ur no longer supporting Adelaide United because they changed their logo?? Right oh then.
Someguy
Someguy
Pro

Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It's called tribalism.

Oh for crying out loud. I've been following them for 20 odd years, and West Adelaide, Apoel, and Lazio since I was a boy.

AUFC got a run off the bench last year but has been dropped.

So, like a plastic you change teams that easily. Good'oh.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search