New Mod - mcjules

New Mod - mcjules

Author
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
My friends

The legend formerly known as mcjules has graciously accepted our plea to join the moderation team.

Expect him to make this place even better than he currently is. With things such as his excellent work with the Muter as well as just in general being a top notch forum user.

As always feel free to PM me, mcjules or any other mod with any questions/queries/concerns/warnings/etc. As you all know, we are unlike the RBB in that we actually encourage self-policing as at the end of the day our sole focus is maintaining this forum for the great place it is, or can be.

Keep it real, stay fresh, we love you all & we all love mcjules.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Now watch people moan and bitch about jules being made mod.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Congratulations for becoming a mod, Mcjules.:)

I've just learnt about your good work on the muter system.=d>

Edited by Decentric: 23/6/2016 01:49:46 PM

Edited by Decentric: 23/6/2016 02:18:20 PM
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

Not Victorian enough

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Now what about removing modship from old users who don't do anything? ;)

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

I've been trying to push Bowdz out the door since day 1.
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Maybe mcjules will pop his cherry and fuck the Tim Cahill fashion thread out of AF

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

View from the fence wrote:
Maybe mcjules will pop his cherry and fuck the Tim Cahill fashion thread out of AF

That was in AF? :o
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
ET meltdown imminent.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:

-PB

I've been concerned about this for a while. If they don't visit the forum much, they should resign.

That is, unless they just like the arduous work of policing rather than participating. To me a mod's job is thankless and should be viewed as a community service.

I'd surmise too much work has been left to Benjamin, PV4, Joffa, Pala and Bowden in the last year. I haven't seen Stifler's Mom, Erebus, Funky Monkey and Imnofreak post much. My apologies to any of this foursome if they are reading this and feel like they have participated on a regular basis.

I've suggested 5 new mods to KA. Apart from one of them who doesn't want the job, I'm not sure why the others have been overlooked?

To me, many hands make light work.

Edited by Decentric: 23/6/2016 02:17:50 PM
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Thanks guys. As PV4 has said, feel free to PM me as needed!

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Just on modding, one mod who I think does his job well, has sometimes banned a couple of guys whose contributions I always look forward to, unfairly.

I like the mod and the way he does his job, apart from these unfair bans.

One other mod has also done worse things and made worse comments, IMO, and not been banned. The guys who have been banned have seen this inconsistency and commented. To me consistently is paramount.

When the two guys who've been banned unfairly, are not here, I miss their contributions. On the other hand, I've found this mod in particular, to be one of the three most conscientious mods. He has done a lot for the forum.

I'd hope to see some conflict resolution here and see this trio get on with each other.:)
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Good signing.

E

pv4
pv4
Legend

Decentric wrote:
I'd surmise too much work has been left to Benjamin, PV4, Joffa, Pala and Bowden in the last year. I haven't seen Stifler's Mom, Erebus, Funky Monkey and Imnofreak post much. My apologies to any of this foursome if they are reading this and feel like they have participated on a regular basis.

I haven't seen Funky Monkey in aaaaaages. Forgot about him :lol:

The other 3 I can vouch appear from time to time and do more than is given credit to them.

Speaking from the other side of the fence, I don't see any reason to un-mod anyone tbh. They'll either sporadically help out, or just not contribute at all which hurts no one in realistic terms.

In terms of the 5 you've mentioned you think too much work goes to, I don't think any of us feel it's too big a workload tbh. Particularly when yall pitch in with self-policing, PMs and the like, it makes our job a tonne easier. I genuinely feel we're at about the right level as-is. The new forum software may make things easier/harder but that bridge will be crossed when we get there.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

mcjules wrote:
Thanks guys. As PV4 has said, feel free to PM me as needed!

No more Ricey multis for you Jules =p~
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Well earned =d>
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 wrote:

Not Victorian enough

Nah i like jules. Pmed him quiet a few times . Seems a good bloke.
ducky42
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

There's more mods on this forum nowadays than there are multis

At least this appointment is a good one
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

CONGRATURATION!
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Well done Jules! =d>

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

World Class

General Ashnak wrote:
Well done Jules! =d>

Draupnir wrote:
CONGRATURATION!

aufc_ole wrote:
Well earned =d>

WTF ? It's an achievement ?

pv4
pv4
Legend

General Ashnak wrote:
Well done Jules! =d>

Draupnir wrote:
CONGRATURATION!

aufc_ole wrote:
Well earned =d>

Absolutely. Mcjules is widely held in high regard on the forum, has actively worked to make this place better than it currently is, and has achieved the respect of most people here. I don't congratulate him as much as thank him for his efforts and to fact he accepted our plea to join the team, but either way it is definitely what I consider an achievement.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I would like to congratulate mcjules on his new appointment!

I owe him a great deal of gratitude for allowing me to install my very own safe space.

Thank you very much mcjules! :lol:
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Not sure I'm comfortable with all the compliments (even if one or two are pisstakes ) but thanks again :lol:

Edited by mcjules: 24/6/2016 07:18:12 PM

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Wel done Julie, you rock
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Can't wait to see who Jules bans first :p
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

General Ashnak wrote:
Well done Jules! =d>

Draupnir wrote:
CONGRATURATION!

aufc_ole wrote:
Well earned =d>

He is his own Graham Poll to my Josip Šimunić. Not the hero we deserved, but the one that we needed.

Edited by Draupnir: 25/6/2016 09:46:33 AM
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Draupnir wrote:
General Ashnak wrote:
Well done Jules! =d>

Draupnir wrote:
CONGRATURATION!

aufc_ole wrote:
Well earned =d>

He is his own Graham Poll to my Josip Šimunić. Not the hero we deserved, but the one that we needed.
I won't be giving you 3 yellow cards :lol:

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Congrats. And now your watch begins...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search