The Official F1 Calendar Events Thread

The Official F1 Calendar Events Thread

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Belgian Grand Prix. Lots of sharp corners and banana peels. 

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Spa, is near on the perfect race track imo.
Has everything a driver needs to test his ability and machine.

Love Football

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Spa is in my top #3 courses of all time for motorsport for sure together with Mount Panorama and an optional third changing day by day :D

BTW TSF - there is an [img] tag you can use instead of the [url] and it'll embed the image.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Draupnir - 8 Aug 2016 10:11 PM
Spa is in my top #3 courses of all time for motorsport for sure together with Mount Panorama and an optional third changing day by day :D

BTW TSF - there is an [img] tag you can use instead of the [url] and it'll embed the image.

The codes werent coming up on the mobile view. 

Voila. Fixed.

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Regarding this track, it was my favourite game on Game Boy. The F1 Grand Prix game. 

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 8 Aug 2016 10:51 PM
Regarding this track, it was my favourite game on Game Boy. The F1 Grand Prix game. 

Good old days :D

I recently tried playing the newer F1 games and they are nigh-on impossible with a traditional controller because the steer and throttle are so sensitive (like a real F1 cockpit, so fair enough). They're only really worth playing if you have a decent wheel imo. I wish it wasn't the case, but what can ya do. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Draupnir - 9 Aug 2016 1:20 PM
TheSelectFew - 8 Aug 2016 10:51 PM

Good old days :D

I recently tried playing the newer F1 games and they are nigh-on impossible with a traditional controller because the steer and throttle are so sensitive (like a real F1 cockpit, so fair enough). They're only really worth playing if you have a decent wheel imo. I wish it wasn't the case, but what can ya do. 

Can't beat the classics. Thanks for saving me 100 bucks was keen on grabbing that game. I already have NFS and am keenly waiting on Gran Turismo. Get on it.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

F1 2016 Comes out August 2016. Get around it. 

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

TheSelectFew - 10 Aug 2016 2:43 PM
F1 2016 Comes out August 2016. Get around it. 

Definitely going to give it a go. Might buy a new wheel - have been thinking of converting a small walk in closet into a full on cockpit simulator :D
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Draupnir - 10 Aug 2016 6:10 PM
TheSelectFew - 10 Aug 2016 2:43 PM

Definitely going to give it a go. Might buy a new wheel - have been thinking of converting a small walk in closet into a full on cockpit simulator :D

When things get serious. :D

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

TheSelectFew - 10 Aug 2016 7:27 PM
Draupnir - 10 Aug 2016 6:10 PM

When things get serious. :D

Oh mate there is some serious shit that goes on hey. Have you heard of iRacing?

Check this shit out. intense. Mount Panorama too! It's against all real life opponents too.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Draupnir
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Draupnir - 10 Aug 2016 9:37 PM
TheSelectFew - 10 Aug 2016 7:27 PM

Oh mate there is some serious shit that goes on hey. Have you heard of iRacing?

Check this shit out. intense. Mount Panorama too! It's against all real life opponents too.

:w00t: wow

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Loved GT, too many long nights to sunrise playing that in its early days, loved it !
Yep, if you want to get more out of it you got to get a wheel nowadays.
I'm keeping away - already sleep deprived enough !

Love Football

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

LFC. - 11 Aug 2016 2:37 PM
Loved GT, too many long nights to sunrise playing that in its early days, loved it !
Yep, if you want to get more out of it you got to get a wheel nowadays.
I'm keeping away - already sleep deprived enough !

Not enough time in a day. GT is almost paid off so I will be absent for a long time. 

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

TheSelectFew - 11 Aug 2016 4:25 PM
LFC. - 11 Aug 2016 2:37 PM

Not enough time in a day. GT is almost paid off so I will be absent for a long time. 

I've been playing through GT4 on PS2 lately. Still so much fun.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Belgium tonight. Lets hope for no more Beiber antics. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, thank christ Nico got the win and closed the gap to 9points to the Prat.
Great drive Dan, a good 2nd !

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

LFC. - 29 Aug 2016 9:23 AM
Well, thank christ Nico got the win and closed the gap to 9points to the Prat.
Great drive Dan, a good 2nd !

What's everyone's thoughts on this whole Verstappen situation from the race? (Issues with Kimi and defending)

Personally, I think Kimi is just getting old..
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

He maybe getting old er but you don't weave in front of a competitor like Max has been doing for quite a few races this year. He's going to cause a huge accident if his head doesn't get pulled in. Idiot tbh.

Spa did deliver despite the MB dominance.
The track is so fast was wonderful watching the cars sling shot out of sweepers and the climb up the hill is to die for !

The rules are pathetic - new motors or parts changed your penalised countless spots.
Alonso had something like 35 lol......

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

LFC. - 30 Aug 2016 1:22 AM
He maybe getting old er but you don't weave in front of a competitor like Max has been doing for quite a few races this year. He's going to cause a huge accident if his head doesn't get pulled in. Idiot tbh.Spa did deliver despite the MB dominance.The track is so fast was wonderful watching the cars sling shot out of sweepers and the climb up the hill is to die for ! The rules are pathetic - new motors or parts changed your penalised countless spots.Alonso had something like 35 lol......

I think Max has been out of line for a few incidents, but in Spa, I mean what can he do? Just because Kimi behind him moved first, shouldn't mean he isn't allowed to move to defend the line afterwards (he hadn't made his one move yet), and Kimi wasn't alongside him yet.

And regarding the grid penalties: absolutely right! They shouldn't be allowed to take that many penalties that are regardless because they've taken so many. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I agree, nothing wrong defending your spot but his reactions have been quite aggressive that being behind you'd be wondering what's coming next in those crucial milly seconds that could turn into disaster at those speeds.
It's not that he's just shifting over or closing the space but weaving.

Love Football

Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

i thought Hamilton just said he's pretty wasted already but my guess he didnt

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Good easy Nico win at Monza.
Damn, this nice fast open track showed its MB 1st the rest a distant 3rd down.
Glad Ferrari's performed better after all a home race finishing 3/4 but damn all other teams need to find more speed.
Great move by DR on Bottas.

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126570/hamilton-walks-out-of-media-briefing
Lewis Hamilton walks out of F1 media briefing over recent coverage

Hamilton has threatened to limit future media engagements over a Formula 1 race weekend in the wake of "disrespectful" coverage of his behaviour in the FIA press conference on Thursday.

The reigning three-time world champion appeared for his regular Saturday evening slot with the media at Suzuka, and started things off by saying he had something "not good" on his mind.

He added: "I'm not actually here to answer your questions, I've decided.

"With the utmost respect there are many of you here who are super-supportive of me, and those of you will hopefully know that I know who you are.

"But there are others, unfortunately, who often take advantage of certain things.

"The other day was a super-lighthearted thing, and if I was disrespectful to any of you guys, or you felt I was disrespectful, it honestly was not the intention.

"It was just a little bit of fun.

"But what was more disrespectful was what was then written worldwide.

"Unfortunately there are some people here and it's not them [that have written negative things], and unfortunately the decision I take affects those who have been super-supportive, so that's why I'm saying with the utmost respect.

"But, yeah, I don't plan on sitting here many more times at these kind of things, so my apologies, and I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend."

Hamilton's words were in response to the reports that followed his actions during the official driver press conference on Thursday at Suzuka.

With questions being asked to other drivers around him, Hamilton was uploading pictures he was taking on his mobile phone to his Snapchat account, including one of himself with cartoon rabbit ears, whiskers and a carrot, and with the message: "This shit is killing me."

A further picture followed of Carlos Sainz, who was sat behind him, complete with a fox's ears and nose.

With the press conference being beamed live, Hamilton was asked to share what he was looking at, to which he replied: "It's quite funny. Just some snaps of us drivers.

"We've been doing this [the FIA press conferences] a long, long time and it's the same each time so got to keep adding new things to it."

Asked after practice on Friday for his thoughts on what Hamilton had done the day before, Sainz said: "I understand both sides.

"I know when I go to a dinner, and when I speak with my dad on the phone, he doesn't like it.

"The same as I understand you guys didn't like asking a question to Lewis and with him on the phone.

"But I also understand he has been doing this for 10 years, that the press conferences have been the same, that he perfectly knew what they were going to ask him - his engine failure and whether he trusts the team or not.

"I understand the position behind the cameras and in front of the cameras, and not because I want to be politically correct."

What a little brat.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Love it, the brat been shown what he really is.
Unrespected champion.

Love Football

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

What an absolute race last night . Drama from start to middle to end. Great race and congratulations Rossy.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search