The Videos Thread

The Videos Thread

Author
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Post your favourite videos in here! Do you have a favourite wave? A favourite ride by a competitor? An epic wipeout?

Share the love.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Draupnir
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Tasmania seems quaint, small, cosy. Even innocent to outsiders and mainlanders. Little do many people know that Tasmania harbours probably the most evil and ugly wave in existence. That wave can be found at Ship Stern Bluff.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Draupnir
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

This Cape Fear stuff is getting pretty hectic.
http://www.redbull.com/au/en/surfing/stories/1331798970656/highlights-video-the-very-best-of-cape-fear

TC was one of my heros, infact I still reckon he had the best backhand attack anywhere due to his height and stocky build.
Mind you his forehand attack at one the testing shore breaks you could take on is mad as well - Pipeline !
His opponent Derek Ho was a Hawaiian local legend and our aussie carved it.
https://vimeo.com/81862477

These 2 were Legends in the making in my grommet days - MR, brought twin fins into the game and radical surfing never seen before Slater had won 4 WC's in a row and rich boy Sth Afrikan Tompson won peoples hearts purely by his pure barrel surfing that was taking it to the next level at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLECuRIUXE

Love Football

Edited
8 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I surfed this place 10yrs later - Hawaiian Gerry Lopez was another cool surfer, who really didn't like the spot light but his surfing stood out so much the press were all over him.
So many front covers etc but all he wanted to do was chill out get away from it all and surf. Loved his lightning bolt logo on his boards, a mad sig in those days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkEk33k2Idk

Love Football

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Hey mate just you so you know you can put the [YouTube] tags around a YouTube link and it'll embed :hehe:

Cape Fear scares the shit out of me lol. I'd never be caught out there, just like Ship Stern. So ugly, so heavy.

Yeah Pipeline is pretty difficult to go past for "most perfect wave" hey, haha. There are a few contenders, but I think if anyone would name a top three of "perfect waves" lists, Pipeline and Teahupo'o would together appear in 90% of them and 100% of lists would list at least one. That drop on TC's third wave is pure insanity!

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ok ok re the tips lol.....

Mate I wouldn't be out on any of those motha sucking dry on nothing, triple lipped weird forms breaks but rocks all around you and tons of angry water !
Had enough taking on pretty large stuff for me long ago, scared the crapper out of me yet you still went for it lol.......
Look, people will/can come up with countless "perfect" waves as their choices.
Heck, maroubra for eg on a perfect day.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search