Injury treatment and rehabilitation thread

Injury treatment and rehabilitation thread

Author
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A lot of us will have encountered similar. Perhaps we can help each other out with tips. Collaboration helps so much because often you don't think of the simplest, most helpful things on your own.

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'll kick us off. Nothing bad (thank God). I sprained my left ankle rather badly at indoor the other night. We were behind and getting thoroughly outclassed. My friend played a through ball across goal. Their guy blocked me but I lunged with my right, got the shot away (weak shot and was saved) and then landed really funnily on my left. It hurt like fuck and I went off. It hurt for a few minutes. Then, the pain subsided. I was going to play in central defence because we had no subs. Then I actually looked at at it and was horrified to see it was twice the size of normal. So I didn't go on again that match.

I did RICER that night and saw the GP the next day. She thinks it's sprained (probably grade 2) but not fractured. For that reason she doesn't think I need to get it X-rayed (although she gave me a referral for an X-ray, if I want). It can bear weight but sometimes it hurts quite a lot. Hurts like fuck at the angle when I have to put weight on it while putting trousers on (if you can picture that).

Still swollen but not as much (48 hours later).

I'm going to see a physio (as she recommends it and says I'll be more susceptible to respraining it when I start playing again).

Anybody had similar?

I'm trying to work out how many weeks I'll be out of indoor for. And when I can go to the gym and do squats and deadlifts.
Edited
8 Years Ago by quickflick
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search