The Practice Relegation Battle Thread

The Practice Relegation Battle Thread

Author
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
View from the fence - 7 Apr 2017 12:22 PM
pv4 - 7 Apr 2017 11:24 AM

Let them know, maybe they'll send us some goodies

I've just been given the keys to the city of Bremen.
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
pv4 - 7 Apr 2017 12:32 PM
View from the fence - 7 Apr 2017 12:22 PM

I've just been given the keys to the city of Bremen.

A Case of Holsten will do me.

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

mcjules - 6 Apr 2017 1:50 PM
Davide82 - 6 Apr 2017 1:36 PM

Forza Roma. Lazio merda. :laugh:

Ha ha I have a t-shirt from the Lazio shop in Rome - the guy gave it to me for free when i bought a couple of other things - it has a picture on the front of when the Lazio crowd used cut out cardboard to spell out "Roma Merda".

Didn't have the guts to wear it in Rome. I wore my lazio top one day standing on the street outside where i was staying and a bus load of roma fans went past and started yelling at me. I ran upstairs and changed ahahaa
Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

View from the fence - 7 Apr 2017 10:52 AM
All the battlers at home this weekend

bigpoppa's Wigan won't getter a better chance to pick up 3 points
I'd say it's their last chance, as they have 3 of the top 5 in their last 4 games

Hopefully Wolves carry on their great form and Mooy bangs in a couple for Huddersfiled

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/rod1.gif

Forest, Wigan and City all get 3 points, even Burton got a point

and Blackburn....................0

http://oi68.tinypic.com/muap6w.jpg

pv4
pv4
Legend

When she asks to see the Championship Relegation zone gap:

World Class

View from the fence - 6 Apr 2017 3:35 PM
pv4 - 6 Apr 2017 3:27 PM

Image result for very worried animated gif

Hamburglars 4 points clear of the drop now ! 

http://i.imgur.com/NQQe8Ef.gif

World Class

pv4 - 10 Apr 2017 12:15 PM
When she asks to see the Championship Relegation zone gap:

2 cold showers in 4 days should fix that

http://oi64.tinypic.com/24azyhd.jpg

Death or Resurrection, it's going to be a long weekend

pv4
pv4
Legend

#bundeswatch

pv4's Werder managed a 2-2 away draw against mid table Eintracht.

As posted above and youtube link given by TYST, his and milan's Hamburglars were able to beat now-safe Hoffenheim 2-1 at home! Scenes!!!!!!!

bigpoppa's Wolfsburg had a dissapointing 4-1 away loss to fellow Racers Schalke 04. Since I have started putting arrows on the ladder, this is the first red downwards arrow I've put on! Disappointing all round for us Relegation Racers! Note that TYST/milan's Hamburglars jumped ahead of Wolfsburg now!

Sokorny's Ingolstadt, calm your farm boys! 3 wins on the trot! When Sokorny picked up the team affectionately known as FC Leckie, they were as good as dead and buried. But they've turned the tide and are now within a point of the pack!!!! Picking up 3 points in a 3-2 win at home vs rock bottom Darmstadt 98, this has placed Ingolstadt in a truly competitive position whereas Darmstadt are very close to being confirmed relegated if they don't get a few results quickly.

Other Relegation Racers FC Augsburg were beaten 2-0 away by Hertha BSC, and Mainz 05 were beaten 1-0 away by SC Freiburg. Good results for the rest of us.

In the top end of the ladder, both Hoffenheim and Dortmund were beaten in their respective away games but due to other results, are now confirmed safe from the drop. Never have 2 teams so wildly celebrated league losses! To put it in the poetic words of Homer J. Simpson, Hoffenheim & Dortmund are now celebrating the two sweetest words in the English Language:

Results:

Ladder:

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Carn FC Leckie!!
pv4
pv4
Legend

#bundeswatch

Here is the Ladder since the Relegation Race began! 

pv4
pv4
Legend

I'm having a tonne of fun doing #bundeswatch

I hope at least one other person is enjoying my "commentary". I'm not going to stop regardless though :lol:
pv4
pv4
Legend

#bundeswatch

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT - THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!!!

FIXTURES FOR THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND:
PV4 VS TYST/MILAN
BIGPOPPA VS SOKORNY

THE STAKES COULD NOT BE HIGHER

THE OLD "6 POINTER" GAMES GOING ON LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTRE!

TYST - care to put a wager on the game? I am too excited by the pure hype around our game that I can't even work out what the prize should be.

Fixtures:

World Class

pv4 - 11 Apr 2017 10:15 AM
TYST - care to put a wager on the game? I am too excited by the pure hype around our game that I can't even work out what the prize should be.

I'm the Away team so I get the draw as well.

If you win.  I'll be an FFA Cheerleader for a week.

If I win (or draw), You have to stick up for the Mariners whenever they're bagged for a week.

pv4
pv4
Legend

View from the fence - 11 Apr 2017 10:29 AM
pv4 - 11 Apr 2017 10:15 AM

I'm the Away team so I get the draw as well.

If you win.  I'll be an FFA Cheerleader for a week.

If I win (or draw), You have to stick up for the Mariners whenever they're bagged for a week.

Deal!

But - snore draw = no bet. 

You win or scored draw, I lose. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by pv4
World Class

pv4 - 11 Apr 2017 10:48 AM
View from the fence - 11 Apr 2017 10:29 AM

Deal!

But - snore draw = no bet. 

You win or scored draw, I lose. 

Image result for it's on animated gif

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

pv4 - 10 Apr 2017 7:03 PM

I'm having a tonne of fun doing #bundeswatch

I hope at least one other person is enjoying my "commentary". I'm not going to stop regardless though :lol:

Nah it's all good mate ... lovin it!!! 
pv4
pv4
Legend

pv4 - 10 Apr 2017 3:42 PM
#bundeswatch

Here is the Ladder since the Relegation Race began! 

Woooooahhhh something is wrong with the Goals Columns there. Ah well. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

sokorny - 11 Apr 2017 1:20 PM
pv4 - 10 Apr 2017 7:03 PM

Nah it's all good mate ... lovin it!!! 

Best of luck to FC Leckie. What a meteoric turn of form! When you picked them I thought it was worth nothing more than the novelty. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

The final Championship table for the 2016-17 season has been predicted by a Super Computer, according to TalkSport.

The Super Computer predicts that Brighton & Hove Albion will beat Newcastle United to the Championship title this year, despite Newcastle leading the way for most of the season. Brighton are currently two points clear at the top of the league.

Leeds United are predicted to move up into fourth place, overtaking a Reading side that were beaten 6-1 by a ruthless Norwich City last weekend. However, Leeds still finish below their Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town. Perhaps one of the biggest shocks is that Fulham are predicted to finish in the play-offs, with Sheffield Wednesday missing out. Fulham are currently two points behind Wednesday with five games left to play.

Preston North End are predicted to end a very solid season in eighth place, with the play-offs proving to be just out of reach following their 3-0 defeat to Leeds United last weekend.

Derby County, Norwich City, Brentford and Aston Villa are all predicted to finish in mid-table. All four sides will be looking to put this season behind them and challenge for promotion to the Premier League next year. Brentford can definitely challenge next season if they can put together a consistent run of form and avoid results like the recent 1-2 home defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Cardiff City and Wolverhampton Wanderers are predicted to finish 13th and 14th respectively, which both clubs will take after early relegation fears and look to build on next season.

After a poor end to the season, Barnsley are predicted to finish 15th. Queens Park Rangers are next up in 16th place, and are another club who appointed a new manager this season. The club’s real test will be whether they can challenge for a play-off place under Ian Holloway next season.

Predicted to finish 17th are Nottingham Forest, which fans would probably be happy with given that the club are currently 19th and still looking to avoid relegation. Ipswich Town are predicted to finish 18th, which may be somewhat of a surprise to some fans. Mick McCarthy has previously had Ipswich on the cusp of the play-offs, but this season has been disappointing.

Birmingham City are predicted to finish the season in 19th. The club sacked manager Gary Rowett in December, with the club in seventh place. Birmingham have since fallen 11 places down the league table, and are still not safe from relegation to League One.

Burton Albion are predicted to remain in their current position of 20th and avoid relegation straight back to League One this season. This would be seen as a success for Burton, who could then look forward and build for next season.

Bristol City are predicted to just about avoid relegation this season, finishing in 21st place. This means that Blackburn Rovers are predicted to finish 22nd and be relegated to League One this season. Blackburn finished 10th in the Premier League in 2010, but began an alarming slide down the leagues shortly after current owners Venky’s took over the club in the same year.

Wigan Athletic are predicted to hold their current position of 23rd and suffer relegation straight back down to League One.

Already-relegated Rotherham United will finish 24th no matter what happens in the final five games of the season. The club have conceded 93 goals in 41 games so far this season.

View the predicted table in full below!

Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United
Huddersfield Town
Leeds United
Reading
Fulham
Sheffield Wednesday
Preston North End
Derby County
Norwich City
Brentford
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Barnsley
Queens Park Rangers
Nottingham Forest
Ipswich Town
Birmingham City
Burton Albion
Bristol City
Blackburn Rovers
Wigan Athletic
Rotherham United

http://the72.co.uk/78795/final-championship-table-predicted-super-computer/
World Class

scott21 - 12 Apr 2017 8:00 PM
 Predicted to finish 17th are Nottingham Forest, which fans would probably be happy with given that the club are currently 19th and still looking to avoid relegation.

Ipswich Town are predicted to finish 18th, which may be somewhat of a surprise to some fans. Mick McCarthy has previously had Ipswich on the cusp of the play-offs, but this season has been disappointing.

Birmingham City are predicted to finish the season in 19th. The club sacked manager Gary Rowett in December, with the club in seventh place. Birmingham have since fallen 11 places down the league table, and are still not safe from relegation to League One.

Burton Albion are predicted to remain in their current position of 20th and avoid relegation straight back to League One this season. This would be seen as a success for Burton, who could then look forward and build for next season.

Bristol City are predicted to just about avoid relegation this season, finishing in 21st place.

This means that Blackburn Rovers are predicted to finish 22nd and be relegated to League One this season. Blackburn finished 10th in the Premier League in 2010, but began an alarming slide down the leagues shortly after current owners Venky’s took over the club in the same year.

Wigan Athletic are predicted to hold their current position of 23rd and suffer relegation straight back down to League One. 

What the fuck does a computer know about football.

Edited
7 Years Ago by View from the fence
World Class

Big Weekend starting with Fridays Round

http://oi64.tinypic.com/24fabgl.jpg

World Class

Then Monday we go again

2 wins for Blackburn will leave a hectic finish

http://oi65.tinypic.com/52at06.jpg

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Wigan keeping the dream alive after Beaton Barnsley 3-2 overnight but that could be short lived with Brighton up next.
pv4
pv4
Legend

#bundeswatch

Full review coming soon.

Quick summary:

pv4
pv4
Legend

#bundeswatch

As a commentator, you are "paid" to provide words to describe the happenings that lay out in front of you.

So the idea of being speechless, lost for words, and dumbstruck by a result are somewhat foreign to you.

Well consider this commentator invaded, because I am speechless.

Pv4's Werder have defeated TYST/milan's Hamburglars. 2-1, thanks for coming.

For those that were keeping up with our bet (gamble responsibly), TYST now has to spend all of this week defending the FFA in every single FFT thread that someone lampoons anyone from the FFA. Get the popcorn out, team!

In the other Relegation Race head to head, bigpoppa's Wolfsburg were able to put a bigdent in the survival hopes of sokorny's FC Leckie by smashing them 3-0 at home. Sokorny's Ingolstadt were on quite a roll before thie result too!

TYST/milan's Hamburglars swapped ladder position with bigpoppa's Wolfsburg, and honestly I hope the amount of green arrows next to pv4's Werder haven't stretched your page too much!

Mainz & Augsburg were both able to pick up home wins which does not bode well for sokorny's FC Leckie.

Results:

Ladder:

World Class

View from the fence - 11 Apr 2017 10:51 AM
pv4 - 11 Apr 2017 10:48 AM

Image result for it's on animated gif

http://replygif.net/i/971.gif

Edited
World Class

View from the fence - 10 Apr 2017 12:24 PM
pv4 - 10 Apr 2017 12:15 PM

2 cold showers in 4 days should fix that

http://oi64.tinypic.com/24azyhd.jpg

Death or Resurrection, it's going to be a long weekend

4 points out of 6, it's still on !!

High Five GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Wolves are now 100% Safe

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2150ny1.jpg

Burton go ahead of Birmingham, 
The shit accent Derby now in doubt next year

http://oi65.tinypic.com/28a6n0m.jpg

Edited
World Class

pv4 - 18 Apr 2017 9:21 AM
#bundeswatch

As a commentator, you are "paid" to provide words to describe the happenings that lay out in front of you.

So the idea of being speechless, lost for words, and dumbstruck by a result are somewhat foreign to you.

Well consider this commentator invaded, because I am speechless.

Pv4's Werder have defeated TYST/milan's Hamburglars. 2-1, thanks for coming.

For those that were keeping up with our bet (gamble responsibly), TYST now has to spend all of this week defending the FFA in every single FFT thread that someone lampoons anyone from the FFA. Get the popcorn out, team!

Gonna have to start at Waz-level, maybe progress on to Davo-mode, before I go full paulc

pv4
pv4
Legend

Me every time I see a thread even remotely linked with the FFA:

World Class

pv4 - 19 Apr 2017 10:27 AM
Me every time I see a thread even remotely linked with the FFA:

30 Rock GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search