National second division is kicking off with or without FFA

National second division is kicking off with or without FFA

Author
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Fans - 29 Oct 2017 9:01 PM
MarkfromCroydon - 29 Oct 2017 6:07 PM

Thats a really bad idea mark. Players who play in the NPL don't get a minimum salary. Some don't even get a salary, just win bonuses. The 2nd division and the 3rd divsion etc need to be made as financially viable as possible, and that means allowing clubs to handle their own finances including player payments. No point paying every one 50k then going bankrupt after a year. 

There is a continuum, obviously being full time is the ideal. But being part time is better than being amateur.

Also a club deserves to be in 2nd division if they qualify for second division. If an amateur team manages to qualify on merit over a full time team then they should be the ones in the 2nd division. 

I disagree.
If we want to improve the standard of football, we need players training full-time and being professional. You need to pay them a living wage to do that. The around $50k that the A league offers is a fair and reasonable  amount.
If the NPL clubs can't afford that, they are not up to second division standard. That's why I say some should merge to get big enough to be able to be professional. At present, you have 30 odd clubs in each state, all competing against each other for the limited sponsorship, advertising, and fan dollar, all preventing each other from becoming the next club big enough to join the A league. Imagine if say (just an example), Oakleigh, Kingston and Bentleigh Greens all merged. If they kept all their sponsorship and fan base, they could probably afford to have a full time roster of 20 odd players paid at the $50k minimum. All of those players could be professional footballers training and playing full-time, and improving.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

bigpoppa - 29 Oct 2017 9:55 PM
scott21 - 29 Oct 2017 9:50 PM

I did have in my head a Hull City kit but Navy instead of black. 

Cinncinatti too 
Related image
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

paulc - 29 Oct 2017 6:16 PM
TheSelectFew - 29 Oct 2017 1:17 PM

Try telling them that!!!!!!

This whole backwards and forwards it stupid.

You have an agenda against SM. We get it. Preston arent even a member of AAFC, (not listed anyway) we get it. 

Ironically you talk about clubs moving on, perhaps you should move on. Here is a video that I saw via TSFs FB page. 
https://www.facebook.com/prestonlionsfc/videos/10159202698240046/

Its when your favourite son the one you mention often Sash O played for Preston. 

You'll notice that around the 12 second mark he says "ask all questions in English."

Just because some in your community, including yourself, hold onto old ideals doesnt mean you should try to bring everyone else down. Everyones backyard doesnt look the same as your. Its time to forgive SM or their fans for whatever hardship you have encountered. Its the only way you'll ever get over it. 

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

scott21 - 29 Oct 2017 9:50 PM
bigpoppa - 29 Oct 2017 5:31 PM

Its a shame for the the name "Roar" is already taken. 

Related image

I did have in my head a Hull City kit but Navy instead of black. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

This is the profile picture of the South West Sydney FC (SD Raiders) Facebook page.

Its a shame for the the name "Roar" is already taken. 

Related image
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Gyfox - 29 Oct 2017 9:35 PM
bigpoppa - 29 Oct 2017 9:31 PM

I thought I read somewhere that they would like a 30 week season.

12-16 teams would suggest that - plus finals.

All I'm suggesting is that it wouldn't be out of the question for a player to be signed to play for APIA in the 'Championship' and then go play for APIA for match payments in the NPL, when he/she is available, as a wage top up. An internal loan of some sorts.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bigpoppa - 29 Oct 2017 9:31 PM
Gyfox - 29 Oct 2017 9:24 PM

Depends how long the season is I guess.

With proposed Championship clubs needing to have some form of linkage with NPL clubs I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to work out.

I thought I read somewhere that they would like a 30 week season.
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Gyfox - 29 Oct 2017 9:24 PM
bigpoppa - 29 Oct 2017 9:06 PM

Won't the players still be playing when the NPL starts and won't the NPL be still going when this competition starts?  Its not at all ideal if they aren't with a club for preseason or they don't stay with them to the end of the finals.

Depends how long the season is I guess.

With proposed Championship clubs needing to have some form of linkage with NPL clubs I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to work out.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bigpoppa - 29 Oct 2017 9:06 PM
One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned and perhaps over looked is the fact that most of these players will have the potential to play 'The Championship' over summer and then go back to the NPL during winter. Putting the two wages together would essentially bring these players into full time football, or atleast a minumum salary from playing football.

That's pretty much how the W-League players can be classed as full time/professional even though the W-League is only a few months long.

Won't the players still be playing when the NPL starts and won't the NPL be still going when this competition starts?  Its not at all ideal if they aren't with a club for preseason or they don't stay with them to the end of the finals.
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

The Fans - 29 Oct 2017 9:01 PM

Thats a really bad idea mark. Players who play in the NPL don't get a minimum salary. Some don't even get a salary, just win bonuses. The 2nd division and the 3rd divsion etc need to be made as financially viable as possible, and that means allowing clubs to handle their own finances including player payments. No point paying every one 50k then going bankrupt after a year. 

There is a continuum, obviously being full time is the ideal. But being part time is better than being amateur.

Also a club deserves to be in 2nd division if they qualify for second division. If an amateur team manages to qualify on merit over a full time team then they should be the ones in the 2nd division. 

Its actually the right idea. We want professional players. There should be a minimum salary and if a club wants to pay players more they should be allowed to, it should be the same in the A-league. A salary cap is the worst thing ever to happen in football. 

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned and perhaps over looked is the fact that most of these players will have the potential to play 'The Championship' over summer and then go back to the NPL during winter. Putting the two wages together would essentially bring these players into full time football, or atleast a minumum salary from playing football.

That's pretty much how the W-League players can be classed as full time/professional even though the W-League is only a few months long.
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 29 Oct 2017 7:09 PM
paulc - 29 Oct 2017 6:18 PM

No it's about clubs improving what was better than the NSL. Are these NSL clubs still our best option, you tell me. It should be easy, they are corner shop clubs right.

If we have the NSL as our second division i'd say it'd be a massive success. 
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Rather than a salary cap, I see that there should be a minimum salary per player in the second division. The current A League minimum of approximately $55k seems a fair and reasonable amount to me. If you want to specify criteria, specify that.

After all, isn't it about giving players the chance to be fully professional and train full time. To do that, you have to pay them a living wage. If a club can't afford that, they shouldn't be in the second division.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Rather than a salary cap, I see that there should be a minimum salary per player in the second division. The current A League minimum of approximately $55k seems a fair and reasonable amount to me. If you want to specify criteria, specify that.

After all, isn't it about giving players the chance to be fully professional and train full time. To do that, you have to pay them a living wage. If a club can't afford that, they shouldn't be in the second division.

Well no it isn't.

It's about providing a platform for Clubs to grow the game and establish a stronger Football Culture and footprint.
Its about providing a National platform for players to be scouted at a higher level so that we break the monopoly of players who have had more clubs than Greg Norman.
Just for starters.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 29 Oct 2017 11:54 AM
paulc - 29 Oct 2017 8:46 AM

The members of the AAFC are made up of only a few NSL clubs maybe 20% and run by a disgruntled former A league board member. 

Your move fuckstick

Including South Hobart!!

RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

paulc - 29 Oct 2017 6:18 PM
RBBAnonymous - 29 Oct 2017 1:53 PM

Back to way it was at the NSL hey.

The future looks bright (not).

No it's about clubs improving what was better than the NSL. Are these NSL clubs still our best option, you tell me. It should be easy, they are corner shop clubs right.

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

BA81 - 29 Oct 2017 6:48 PM

Link? I can't find the page online.

https://www.facebook.com/Southwestsydneyfc/

BA81
BA81
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

This is the profile picture of the South West Sydney FC (SD Raiders) Facebook page.

Link? I can't find the page online.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

lol get off the piss.

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paulc - 29 Oct 2017 6:16 PM

I don't have to. I refer you to the number of Soccazoos they have produced and continue produce.

BUT ZOMG DA EFFNIKAZ!!!!!!

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 29 Oct 2017 1:53 PM
paulc - 29 Oct 2017 12:05 PM

If that's the way it is so be it, but my feeling is that if new clubs cant come about to usurp these clubs by merit then ANY club should be allowed
to participate. That must mean that these little old corner shop clubs are doing it better than anyone else at the moment. Funny how that goes against 
your thinking. Letting them participate and fail is the only way, as it should be with every club. It should always be based on merit. 

Back to way it was at the NSL hey.

The future looks bright (not).

In a resort somewhere

paulc
paulc
Legend

paulc - 29 Oct 2017 12:45 PM

Last I checked they are Australian. 

In a resort somewhere

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

It is so odd that since AAFC released a statement there has been only 4 articles I can see that have been written. 

1 from Bossi and VRugari saying water has been thrown on it by FFA, 1 from Gatt stating what it is and one from  Kosima (who is manager of Brisbane City and looking to join the AL)

....Frank, the father, was heralded back into the game as a saviour just a dozen years.

We all know the game was a mess – a shambles at best – and someone of Lowy’s ilk was needed to get it back on its feet. He did and for that we should all be grateful.

He ruffled a few feathers along the way with his autocratic style but then I’ve always believed sport needs autocratic management, especially football, to keep the warring tribes apart.

After years of relative stability, football in Australia and the A-League is entering a time of turmoil | Adelaide Now

From the outside it seems like the Lowys have stopped freespeech because why wouldnt TomS, MWindley, DD, MLynch write something about such a big football topic?

Can someone link articles if they exist and I have missed them

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro

To reiterate for those who resort to calling names

Make no mistake, this is led by a small handful of ex NSL clubs pulling the others from the nose.

At the end of the day it will be either a Greek, Croatian or Italian club that will be left. Just like the lil ol' NSL.

If that's the way it is so be it, but my feeling is that if new clubs cant come about to usurp these clubs by merit then ANY club should be allowed
to participate. That must mean that these little old corner shop clubs are doing it better than anyone else at the moment. Funny how that goes against 
your thinking. Letting them participate and fail is the only way, as it should be with every club. It should always be based on merit. 

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paulc - 29 Oct 2017 12:45 PM
So the AAFC led by a handful of bigger clubs involving 3 nationalities will once again claim the competition as theirs and bugger the other 200 nationalities.

Last I checked they are Australian. 

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

I go camping for the weekend and miss all the action!

Few likes and dislikes on the surface. Will have a better look through it all later.

Atleast there is progress.

In regards to player quotas etc I'd like to think the A-League player quota is to try and stop the merry go round of players we see each season appearing in 'The Championship' and I'd also like to think it only applies to ex A-League players over 25 year old.

In regards to the under 25 quota at the end of the day it's only 10 of 20 players. I'd like to go through current NPL lists and see what the ages of players are in those squads and see how they ratio out.

At the end of the day, my impression is that the caps on players are initial smoke and mirrors to reinforce that this league isn't a rival to the A-League.

paulc
paulc
Legend

So the AAFC led by a handful of bigger clubs involving 3 nationalities will once again claim the competition as theirs and bugger the other 200 nationalities.

In a resort somewhere

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

To reiterate for those who resort to calling names

Make no mistake, this is led by a small handful of ex NSL clubs pulling the others from the nose.

At the end of the day it will be either a Greek, Croatian or Italian club that will be left. Just like the lil ol' NSL.

Because they are the bigger clubs. Just like Brisbane Hollandia, I mean roar, were. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search