Protection of prospective new members by mods

Protection of prospective new members by mods

Author
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
localstar - 22 Mar 2017 8:48 PM
mcjules - 22 Mar 2017 6:13 PM

Strange... I was always under the impression that you were about 16 years old. But now you have pointed out what a mature adult you are obviously you'll get much more respect (!?)

If you had the slightest idea what goes on on  this forum, you would know that "challenging decentric's ideas" inevitably leads to abusive PMs from the said gentleman.

Mate, last time. If he sends you an abusive PM anytime from now, send me or another mod a screenshot and we'll deal with it.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

pv4 - 22 Mar 2017 9:29 AM
If the PMs become attack-based or violate rules etc, please report them via PM to a mod.

Please do not publicly post the content of a PM without getting the green light by the person PM-ing you. PMs are PRIVATE messages that don't belong in the public eye. Again, see the line above if things go to shit in your PMs. 

I can't remember the user who asked, sorry.

I deleted the public showing of a PM. I think I've done it twice now.

My quoted text is why I did it.

Solve your issues with a user via PM. If that doesn't work, mute them. If PMs get out of hand, privately give evidence to a mod and we will hopefully deal with them. We are all big kids here, we can sort out our issues or at the very least get to a point where we agree to disagree.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
mcjules - 22 Mar 2017 4:31 PM

I didn't delete your screenshot and I'm not aware of any mod that did. I did see it before but there is no need to repost it.

I've already said it quite clearly, I don't condone any of the behaviour you, Munrub, localstar and Decentric have been displaying on this forum amongst each other. An amnesty has been called on all past indiscretions between you, Munrub, localstar and Decentric. There will be no more tolerance of any of it. This includes continuing to bring up said past indiscretions.

Understand?

Let us just get a few things straight.

* I started this thread to gauge some sort of public opinion on empowering  mods to provide more protection for new, diffident, prospective posters. This is in the interests of improving the forum.

* I have not made one negative or aggressive comment towards any posters in this thread (who may have been muted anyway)  who are obviously trying to derail it. Yet I'm tarnished with the same brush. I take exception to this. 

* The mods have been ineffective in this particular instance in preventing some recidivist trollers from constantly derailing the thread. My view is based on the responses of  mods and other posters to them in this thread, as I deliberately  can't see their posts. In the past Joffa would simply have given these guys the flick as soon as they deliberately brought baggage from other forums to create conflict. I'd surmise one of them is a person who has been banned about 5 times on this forum. The only time I've been banned on 442 or anywhere else is in an error of judgment on my part of online protocol.  I didn't know online protocols and have reconciled with the victim.

* McJules talk to old hand mods, Benjamin and Joffa about these guys. Speaking of this, how active are the rest of the mod panel these days besides you and PV4? Moreover, you seem to think even handedness is being neutral between thread derailers, and someone who has started a thread with constructive intent. I take exception to this.

* Consider the provocative language these suspected trollers use when they interact with other posters on 442 forum? They are generally aggressive, cynical and negative. I look for positives in any discussion, welcome newbies, I've mediated (saving the mods work) by trying get a few posters to reconcile, yet I'm somehow tarnished with the same brush as some very cynical and sometimes spiteful trollers. I take exception to this.

* I've muted the suspected posters based on the advice of another mod. Some have stalked me for seven years or so. Then I'm criticised for informing them they've been muted. It brings a serene closure. If it is a PM nobody else can see it. It is liberating to be rid of some chronic stalkers through the mute system. I've barely used it. One poster, to his credit, has already reconciled.  I've unmuted him. This is a good outcome. If he hadn't been informed he had been muted, he may never have known he was muted in the first place.

* Also, look at who starts these acrimonious polemics. I've muted about four posters to get away from them. I never want to read anything they post again. They haven't muted me, because their prime intent  is to cause ongoing conflict. Who are are the instigators of conflict? Not me,  as I've tried to avoid reading anything they post.

* This thread has been established to discuss bigger picture issues about the state of the 442 forum, in order to prevent its current decline.  LFC, Beth FC, Inala Brah, Grazorblade, Told Ya So Timmy,  and a few others have made some good points that have made me re-evaluate  how we, or/and I, could do things differently - all in the interests of improving the forum which seems to be on a downward slide. Maybe there could've been more constructive comment, if the trollers had been negated more effectively by the mod team. They've achieved their objective of derailing the thread.

If I'm tarnished with the same brush as some recidivist forum bullies and trollers by the mod panel, I'm going to take some time off to re-evaluate whether I continue posting on this forum and in which sections.  The perpetrators will either leave or look to create conflict with others.

So the mod panel need to take a stand. Side with those who want the forum to succeed and look for positives, or succumb to vocal cynics and trollers looking to destabilise the forum.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Decentric - 22 Mar 2017 11:07 PM

Let us just get a few things straight.

* I started this thread to gauge some sort of public opinion on empowering  mods to provide more protection for new, diffident, prospective posters. This is in the interests of improving the forum.
Fair enough
* I have not made one negative or aggressive comment towards any posters in this thread (who may have been muted anyway)  who are obviously trying to derail it. Yet I'm tarnished with the same brush. I take exception to this. 
No one has suggested you've done anything wrong in this thread. However if your honest to yourself you'll know that you've played a part in this feud going on.

* The mods have been ineffective in this particular instance in preventing some recidivist trollers from constantly derailing the thread. My view is based on the responses of  mods and other posters to them in this thread, as I deliberately  can't see their posts. In the past Joffa would simply have given these guys the flick as soon as they deliberately brought baggage from other forums to create conflict. I'd surmise one of them is a person who has been banned about 5 times on this forum. The only time I've been banned on 442 or anywhere else is in an error of judgment on my part of online protocol.  I didn't know online protocols and have reconciled with the victim.
It'd probably a good idea to unmute the thread to get the whole picture rather than surmise things. The reason why this thread has been "derailed" is because this feud needs to be dealt with.

* McJules talk to old hand mods, Benjamin and Joffa about these guys. Speaking of this, how active are the rest of the mod panel these days besides you and PV4? Moreover, you seem to think even handedness is being neutral between thread derailers, and someone who has started a thread with constructive intent. I take exception to this.
I'm aware of what has happened in the past and what's going on now. A line in the sand has been drawn, if you accept it as the people you call "recidivist trolls" have done then the thread will be back on the track.

* Consider the provocative language these suspected trollers use when they interact with other posters on 442 forum? They are generally aggressive, cynical and negative. I look for positives in any discussion, welcome newbies, I've mediated (saving the mods work) by trying get a few posters to reconcile, yet I'm somehow tarnished with the same brush as some very cynical and sometimes spiteful trollers. I take exception to this.
On this forum you're generally fine, but abusing people in PMs directly (as accused) or even provoking them by telling them they've been muted is not helpful.

* I've muted the suspected posters based on the advice of another mod. Some have stalked me for seven years or so. Then I'm criticised for informing them they've been muted. It brings a serene closure. If it is a PM nobody else can see it. It is liberating to be rid of some chronic stalkers through the mute system. I've barely used it. One poster, to his credit, has already reconciled.  I've unmuted him. This is a good outcome. If he hadn't been informed he had been muted, he may never have known he was muted in the first place.
Glad it works for you. I wrote it for that reason. I disagree that people need to know who you muted, particularly to the users in question whom you've had a long history with.

* Also, look at who starts these acrimonious polemics. I've muted about four posters to get away from them. I never want to read anything they post again. They haven't muted me, because their prime intent  is to cause ongoing conflict. Who are are the instigators of conflict? Not me,  as I've tried to avoid reading anything they post.
Great, and most of their complaints had some validity. One claim is quite serious but I haven't looked too far to verify the veracity but the rest have been dealt with. Again, rather than keeping this going any longer a line in the sand has been drawn. anything from now on will be dealt with swiftly. As the "victim", this should be a good outcome for you yes?

* This thread has been established to discuss bigger picture issues about the state of the 442 forum, in order to prevent its current decline.  LFC, Beth FC, Inala Brah, Grazorblade, Told Ya So Timmy,  and a few others have made some good points that have made me re-evaluate  how we, or/and I, could do things differently - all in the interests of improving the forum which seems to be on a downward slide. Maybe there could've been more constructive comment, if the trollers had been negated more effectively by the mod team. They've achieved their objective of derailing the thread.
See above

If I'm tarnished with the same brush as some recidivist forum bullies and trollers by the mod panel, I'm going to take some time off to re-evaluate whether I continue posting on this forum and in which sections.  The perpetrators will either leave or look to create conflict with others.

So the mod panel need to take a stand. Side with those who want the forum to succeed and look for positives, or succumb to vocal cynics and trollers looking to destabilise the forum.
Your contributions to the forum are welcome, and it's up to you how much you'd like to contribute. The goal is to have civil discussion and exchanging of ideas. 

biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Please do not publicly post the content of a PM without getting the green light by the person PM-ing you. PMs are PRIVATE messages that don't belong in the public eye.

Bless.

- edited by pv4
Edited
7 Years Ago by pv4
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Judy Free - 23 Mar 2017 7:40 AM
Please do not publicly post the content of a PM without getting the green light by the person PM-ing you. PMs are PRIVATE messages that don't belong in the public eye.

Bless.

- edited by pv4

You have sent your concerns via PM to mcjules, as far as I'm aware. That is the way this should be dealt with, and if it deserves punishment from the mods it will happen. 

Please move along from it in the meantime, cheers.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Decentric - 22 Mar 2017 2:51 PM
BETHFC - 22 Mar 2017 9:50 AM

I think the Nix are really unfairly pilloried on this forum.

I'm fed up with Nix bashing.

For those who've visited NZ its a pretty good country to visit. I have a strong feeling we make Nix fans feel unwelcome on 442. Why? 

Showing any kind of support for the Nix on this forum = comments of "create your own league" and "get out of our AFC league" etc. etc.

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Good responses from mcjules to decentric's long, self-justifying manifesto.

Just well reasoned football comments from me for now on.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

localstar - 23 Mar 2017 11:36 AM
Good responses from mcjules to decentric's long, self-justifying manifesto.

Just well reasoned football comments from me for now on.

This reply and replies like it are part of the problem. Stop winding him up. FFS.

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

BETHFC - 23 Mar 2017 11:40 AM
localstar - 23 Mar 2017 11:36 AM

This reply and replies like it are part of the problem. Stop winding him up. FFS.

It's OK... he can't read them!

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

If you mute someone, you lose.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Mar 2017 9:21 PM

Mate, last time. If he sends you an abusive PM anytime from now, send me or another mod a screenshot and we'll deal with it.

McJules you and a few inexperienced mods are being played for  fools by some cynical trollers (namely one), who are chronologically older, with a degree of animal cunning and street smarts that exceed your admirable degree of cognitive acumen and supposed even-handedness. It manifests as naivety. 

I don't believe there is a nasty bone in your body, which is an admirable trait. However, there are those elsewhere on the interweb who will see your arguments vindicating your actions as a green light to troll 442.

There is a palpable animosity displaced towards 442 in one cesspit on the interweb, with me being a  target. Kevin Airs and Joffa are also despised by the same degenerates. These nefarious scum play by different rules, none, and will be soon be inundating this place and will be anointing you, McJules, as their new poster boy to manipulate.

If one looks at facts, I've posted 15 000  plus posts on this forum as Decentric, which have demonstrated a level of civility, as I attempt to do in face to face contact off forum.

To use two PMs, one where I called a couple  of cynical stalkers, 'obnoxious dickheads', which nobody could else could see needs more information to provide a prudent context. Moreover, to use a few posts by some tongue in cheek multis to use satire to parody a poster bullying  a kid,  to advance my claims as a troublemaker on 442 , is folly .  If one evaluates a 15 000 post history, my posting  record is the antithesis of trolling, cynicism and bullying.

In the case of aggressors, Iraq and Germany, invading  Kuwait and Poland, even handedness was a cop out, because some wanted to perpetrate  conflict when others didn't. This is the scenario here. McJules, you are capitulating to weak arguments put forcefully, trying to appease those who perpetrate conflict. In doing so you are being played for a fool.  

I don't need to read the unmuted posts (you suggested I unmute them, McJules) because when one is stalked (which Kevin Airs told me is a bannable offence in itself circa 7 years ago) over years and years, one comes to recognise  a  posting style and the same recurring message in the same gobbledygook.

I'll happily take my leave and you can deal with the avalanche of nefarious new trollers, McJules, who you advance in this thread as having equal destabilisation qualities as me on 442.

Before I go I may raise a few points suggesting the mod panel actually define what behaviours/actions transgress forum protocols, establish forum rules and adhere to them - consistently. This occurs in any professional organisation.

Some mods are not as loyal to each other as they should be.

And - don't appear to do much work, or even visit the forum. If mods worked together collegially, establishing a consensus of rules, they would become cohesive through the process of working together to produce a manifesto that is a shared, common goal.

I've even seen mods bastardised on this forum, with no back up from other mods, apart from PV4.  This mod bastardisation has occurred because he has done same things that I,  and other posters do consistently, such as cutting and pasting articles. This  is grossly unfair.

I've also seen mods bastardising one poster in one thread. Just because most of us disagree with him, he still has a right to express a different opinion.

I've seen mods continuing polemics over time, with the same adversaries. These threads have never been locked if a mod is involved in a polemic, like they do to everybody else.

What is the current mod panel position on stalking? It used to be a bannable offence according to KA.

What is the current mod panel position on derailment of threads and ensuring threads stay on topic? One rule which was admirably espoused by Joffa for a while was, "Attack the idea, not the person". KA also espoused this mantra with," Play the ball not the man". This should be a mod axiom. Sadly, it seems to have dissipated. Is there a current mod panel position on this?  

The mod panel, needs to establish some common rules  and adhere to them. The mods who are getting jaded should quit, like Erebus has. They should leave the job for newcomers, preferably with a history of football forums over the past 10 - 12 years, not appoint naive cybergeeks.

In this case some trollers have played you for a fool, McJules, and successfully derailed a thread. You've inadvertently nurtured the derailment. The analogy I use, is sadly, you've been a student teacher in the playground, dealing with issues that should  have been dealt with by senior staff.

Kevin Airs where are you? You used to show a bit of leadership in the past and post on the forum, even getting HAL players to appear to converse with 442 posters which was good. Where are all the journos like Aidan Ormond, and most recently Ben Somerford who used to participate on the forum? Where are the articles written by 442 posters?

Some of the points raised raised in this post, may well be contributing factors for diffident posters failing to participate  on this forum.

This forum is in the inexorable downward spiral, with ever decreasing traffic. There should be an attempt to induce those diffident  lurkers to post, particularly if they are too intimidated. This thread to date has exemplified the mod panel's ineptitude to resolve conflict by some deliberate troublemakers.

This thread has raised issues like the bastardisation  of City, Nix and CCM fans,  the hegemony of Victory fans, the increasing cynicism and negativity of posters,  the loss of some good guys. Unfortunately, I don't think there is the will from KA and staff to change anything. This usually equates to the owners losing interest, or/and are not making the income they hoped they would.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

pv4 - 22 Mar 2017 9:32 PM
pv4 - 22 Mar 2017 9:29 AM

I can't remember the user who asked, sorry.

I deleted the public showing of a PM. I think I've done it twice now.

My quoted text is why I did it.

Solve your issues with a user via PM. If that doesn't work, mute them. If PMs get out of hand, privately give evidence to a mod and we will hopefully deal with them. We are all big kids here, we can sort out our issues or at the very least get to a point where we agree to disagree.

I have no doubt who the perpetrator of this action is.

The likely perpetrator has a history of cutting and pasting PMs for attention seeking reasons in order to gain maximum traction in the objective of creating conflict.

If he had in any way been concerned he would've sent a PM to a mod privately.

You have been played for a  fool. Said poster usually boasts about 442 mod inefficacy elsewhere on the inter web. He has been banned from here before this by a mod for the same action. If the mod panel meets to discuss issues, then you surely would've been aware of this? Obviously not all mods are currently active which is an inherent  problem in the current functioning of the 442 forum.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

inala brah - 22 Mar 2017 7:04 AM
Decentric - 21 Mar 2017 11:52 PM

what kind of heavy handed approach are you advocating for?  it seems that the mods struggle to deal with shit as is.  in another thread ive complained about jsut shutting down threads because they dont like the content or a couple people are having a spat in it.  it's not a personal atttack on the mods - i get that it's probably a bit work intensive to deal with it any other way - but i think shutting threads all the time is shit.  especially when the real threads that need to be shut are left open.  like the 600 a day opened by ausfootballfan which cover nothing new or start threads just straight copying content he has replied to in another thread.  

I'm looking for ideas from others. Grazorblade has suggested one plausible option.

As you suggest, maybe the mod panel is really struggling to deal with issues that arise now - and be consistent. It  appears there are some mods who are far too inactive. This can only be resolved by appointing some new mods.

See my post a few back suggesting a mod panel setting parameters defining acceptable protocol, and, what is acceptable behaviour and what isn't.

One mod has naively defined grown ups as behaving in a prescribed way. There is a level of inconsistency in how supposedly chronologically mature adults behave, exemplified in the need for jails.

You allude to locking threads of posters having spats, IB. When mods have been partaking in spats with some posters, independent of mod duties,   many threads have remained unlocked. This is inconsistent. Different rules apply for different people.

Inconsistency is arguably a reason for lurkers taking the next step to post, and, a partial reason why many established posters  have left 442.

Many years ago, when The World Game Forum  was being made defunct, many TWG posters lauded the 442 mod panel for stamping out inappropriate behaviour and being proactive. They enthusiastically advocated 442 as a viable forum. This was  in the embryonic days of the 442 forum around the years 2007/8. I think the mods then were  Erebus, Joffa and Marty B, and a much more proactive Kevin Airs (or was there another guy who had his job?).
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Decentric - 22 Mar 2017 11:07 PM

I'm going to take some time off to re-evaluate whether I continue posting on this forum and in which sections.  

Geez I had such high hopes too.

Member since 2008.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

Decentric - 28 Mar 2017 7:22 AM
pv4 - 22 Mar 2017 9:32 PM

I have no doubt who the perpetrator of this action is.

The likely perpetrator has a history of cutting and pasting PMs for attention seeking reasons in order to gain maximum traction in the objective of creating conflict.

If he had in any way been concerned he would've sent a PM to a mod privately.

You have been played for a  fool. Said poster usually boasts about 442 mod inefficacy elsewhere on the inter web. He has been banned from here before this by a mod for the same action. If the mod panel meets to discuss issues, then you surely would've been aware of this? Obviously not all mods are currently active which is an inherent  problem in the current functioning of the 442 forum.

I'm well aware of what's happening mate and I'm no fool. I don't need to hear any more about what's happened in the past or on other forums, everyone has been given a final warning. Nothing more needs to be discussed on the matter.

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I'm probably gonna be taken away by the Illuminati for this but I'm gonna go out and say it: All the mods are a multi of JoFFA.

E

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Mar 2017 6:13 PM

Strange... I was always under the impression that you were about 16 years old. But now you have pointed out what a mature adult you are obviously you'll get much more respect (!?)

If you had the slightest idea what goes on on  this forum, you would know that "challenging decentric's ideas" inevitably leads to abusive PMs from the said gentleman.

What he said. I used  to respect d's opinion , now im shit scared of him.  Got  one abusive  pm from him and i was done. What will it take for mods to ban him? A 11.MVFC.11 style rant to k.a ?? Ffs everyone knows he is abusive but yet some mods would rather  have their heads in the  sand
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 29 Mar 2017 10:28 PM

What he said. I used  to respect d's opinion , now im shit scared of him.  Got  one abusive  pm from him and i was done. What will it take for mods to ban him? A 11.MVFC.11 style rant to k.a ?? Ffs everyone knows he is abusive but yet some mods would rather  have their heads in the  sand

I've just unmuted you, having seen nothing you've posted for some time.

I'm making every effort to engage as constructively as possible with you from now on and putting the past behind.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

There seems to have been a pleasing number of new members joining the forum in the last week or so.

How about  regular posters other than me welcoming them to the forum?

They seem to have a few new perspectives, which is good.
localstar
localstar
Pro

... Because most regular posters are afraid of looking stupid by welcoming a multi to the forum.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Decentric - 28 Mar 2017 12:53 AM
mcjules - 22 Mar 2017 9:21 PM

McJules you and a few inexperienced mods are being played for  fools by some cynical trollers (namely one), who are chronologically older, with a degree of animal cunning and street smarts that exceed your admirable degree of cognitive acumen and supposed even-handedness. It manifests as naivety. 

^^^CONJECTURE

I don't believe there is a nasty bone in your body, which is an admirable trait. However, there are those elsewhere on the interweb who will see your arguments vindicating your actions as a green light to troll 442.

^^^CONJECTURE

There is a palpable animosity displaced towards 442 in one cesspit on the interweb, with me being a  target. Kevin Airs and Joffa are also despised by the same degenerates. These nefarious scum play by different rules, none, and will be soon be inundating this place and will be anointing you, McJules, as their new poster boy to manipulate.

^^^CONJECTURE

If one looks at facts, I've posted 15 000  plus posts on this forum as Decentric, which have demonstrated a level of civility, as I attempt to do in face to face contact off forum. 

^^^PARTIALLY TRUE

To use two PMs, one where I called a couple  of cynical stalkers, 'obnoxious dickheads', which nobody could else could see needs more information to provide a prudent context. Moreover, to use a few posts by some tongue in cheek multis to use satire to parody a poster bullying  a kid,  to advance my claims as a troublemaker on 442 , is folly .  If one evaluates a 15 000 post history, my posting  record is the antithesis of trolling, cynicism and bullying.

^^^OUTRIGHT LIE.  I have an abusive PM from yourself from 3 years ago, well before anything in the multi thread, to me whereby you vociferously deny being responsible for the BilBilson character.  (To help you seach for it amongst your sent items the subject line contains a profanity so have a read of that.  And after you have read that you owe an apology to another 442 poster you slagged off accusing them of being responsible for your handiwork.)  

In the case of aggressors, Iraq and Germany, invading  Kuwait and Poland, even handedness was a cop out, because some wanted to perpetrate  conflict when others didn't. This is the scenario here. McJules, you are capitulating to weak arguments put forcefully, trying to appease those who perpetrate conflict. In doing so you are being played for a fool.  

^^^CONJECTURE

I don't need to read the unmuted posts (you suggested I unmute them, McJules) because when one is stalked (which Kevin Airs told me is a bannable offence in itself circa 7 years ago) over years and years, one comes to recognise  a  posting style and the same recurring message in the same gobbledygook.

I'll happily take my leave and you can deal with the avalanche of nefarious new trollers, McJules, who you advance in this thread as having equal destabilisation qualities as me on 442.

^^^CONJECTURE

Before I go I may raise a few points suggesting the mod panel actually define what behaviours/actions transgress forum protocols, establish forum rules and adhere to them - consistently. This occurs in any professional organisation.

Some mods are not as loyal to each other as they should be.

^^^CONJECTURE

And - don't appear to do much work, or even visit the forum. If mods worked together collegially, establishing a consensus of rules, they would become cohesive through the process of working together to produce a manifesto that is a shared, common goal.

I've even seen mods bastardised on this forum, with no back up from other mods, apart from PV4.  This mod bastardisation has occurred because he has done same things that I,  and other posters do consistently, such as cutting and pasting articles. This  is grossly unfair.

^^^OPINION

I've also seen mods bastardising one poster in one thread. Just because most of us disagree with him, he still has a right to express a different opinion.

I've seen mods continuing polemics over time, with the same adversaries. These threads have never been locked if a mod is involved in a polemic, like they do to everybody else.

^^^OPINION

What is the current mod panel position on stalking? It used to be a bannable offence according to KA.

What is the current mod panel position on derailment of threads and ensuring threads stay on topic? One rule which was admirably espoused by Joffa for a while was, "Attack the idea, not the person". KA also espoused this mantra with," Play the ball not the man". This should be a mod axiom. Sadly, it seems to have dissipated. Is there a current mod panel position on this?  

The mod panel, needs to establish some common rules  and adhere to them. The mods who are getting jaded should quit, like Erebus has. They should leave the job for newcomers, preferably with a history of football forums over the past 10 - 12 years, not appoint naive cybergeeks.

^^^JOB APPLICATION

In this case some trollers have played you for a fool, McJules, and successfully derailed a thread. You've inadvertently nurtured the derailment. The analogy I use, is sadly, you've been a student teacher in the playground, dealing with issues that should  have been dealt with by senior staff.

^^^OPINION

Kevin Airs where are you? You used to show a bit of leadership in the past and post on the forum, even getting HAL players to appear to converse with 442 posters which was good. Where are all the journos like Aidan Ormond, and most recently Ben Somerford who used to participate on the forum? Where are the articles written by 442 posters?

Some of the points raised raised in this post, may well be contributing factors for diffident posters failing to participate  on this forum.

^^^CONJECTURE

This forum is in the inexorable downward spiral, with ever decreasing traffic. There should be an attempt to induce those diffident  lurkers to post, particularly if they are too intimidated. This thread to date has exemplified the mod panel's ineptitude to resolve conflict by some deliberate troublemakers.

^^^CONJECTURE

This thread has raised issues like the bastardisation  of City, Nix and CCM fans,  the hegemony of Victory fans, the increasing cynicism and negativity of posters,  the loss of some good guys. Unfortunately, I don't think there is the will from KA and staff to change anything. This usually equates to the owners losing interest, or/and are not making the income they hoped they would.

^^^CONJECTURE

So basically drivel masquerading as "fact". 99% of the above is conjecture, opinion, outright lies and falsehoods.

The only fact I can see is the the note about having 15000 posts. 10 000 of which are in the last 3 years or so. Basically 10 posts a day cluttering up the forum proselytizing the latest 'milieu'. (But whatever, it's not a crime to be prolific, only annoying.)

Now remember he can't read this post McJules but having said that one should be able to defend one's self in the court of public opinion. How about you move on Decentric?

McJules has told you more than once.

Oh, one more thing, this is not your forum. 

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

localstar - 1 Apr 2017 1:06 PM
... Because most regular posters are afraid of looking stupid by welcoming a multi to the forum.

I've seen a few posts by you that indicate you are the original poster, not a multi.  I've visited without logging in and you've posted some good stuff. I've reinstated you to active.

I'm saying nice things about your interesting posts about Chinese football. I'm moving forwards and forgetting the past, Localstar.

I'm going to continue to welcome posters at the risk of them being multis. There seem to be a number of new posters who seem to be posting earnestly about football rather than trolling and trying to cause conflict, which is a good thing.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
lollywood
lollywood
Amateur
Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)Amateur (703 reputation)

Group: Banned Members

From what I understand the mentally & socially undesirable in the past in Australia were isolated from the community in incarceration in order that the rest of us didn't have to engage with them in any way. 

The policy of attempted integration of the mentally interesting into society means that attempting to engage in any positive way with these people results in interactions of the like which appear on these page. 

Really, it's important to realise that the raving lunatic has bullied, justified his bullying,cajoled,made death threats, lied, bluffed & blustered in every way possible on forums all over the internet for many years now.  

Edited
7 Years Ago by lollywood
Muz
Muz
Legend

Bump.  Just a reminder.

2 years ago soliciting for a mod position.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ok, you've done some work last night over 3-4 threads leaving comments.
What are you looking to achieve at the end of this all for the good of the forum ?

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend

LFC. - 5 Jun 2019 9:16 AM
ok, you've done some work last night over 3-4 threads leaving comments.
What are you looking to achieve at the end of this all for the good of the forum ?

A realisation that one of the most poisonous forumers has just been appointed a mod.  

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yer well, from watching I see some posters/members are no better at times.
What is occurring is not good - if members have issues it not just about pointing at someone but coming up with alternatives as well.
There needs to be just one thread on this matter to get this aired pardon the pun/resolved amongst members and not for casuals/guests/anonymous imo.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search