Australia vs Germany

Australia vs Germany

Author
Escobar Caesar
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Don't forget our secret weapon Leckie LOL !!!!
I seen an article on the world game website featuring Leckie stating how he has the wood just because he plays in their league.
Wish Ange and co would just keep on the down low for a while and focus on the tightening up our defense a bit more instead of making dumb statements and giving the media more ammo to shoot the socceroos down

pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Escobar Caesar - 15 Jun 2017 1:53 PM
Don't forget our secret weapon Leckie LOL !!!!
I seen an article on the world game website featuring Leckie stating how he has the wood just because he plays in their league.
Wish Ange and co would just keep on the down low for a while and focus on the tightening up our defense a bit more instead of making dumb statements and giving the media more ammo to shoot the socceroos down

Is that the same league in which he failed to score for the whole season?

Who has the wood on who?
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

pippinu - 15 Jun 2017 2:32 PM

Who has the wood on who?

He can be a superstar in the AFL. It doesn't take much. He can miss and still score a point. 

pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 15 Jun 2017 1:33 PM
socceroo_06 - 15 Jun 2017 1:21 PM

We may score an own goal in doing so, it's risky.

Hopefully they would run towards the corner flag in the German half.
Escobar Caesar
Escobar Caesar
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Who has the wood on who?

AHAHHAAHHAHA the very same league .He's been smoking the same crack as Ange

And Everyone Blamed Clive
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

pippinu - 15 Jun 2017 11:17 AM
View from the fence - 15 Jun 2017 11:13 AM

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the rules allow you to play two keepers and only 9 out fielders (5-4-0 formation).

Image result for not sure if serious

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

pippinu
pippinu
World Class

Escobar Caesar - 15 Jun 2017 3:37 PM

AHAHHAAHHAHA the very same league .He's been smoking the same crack as Ange

No disrespect intended towards Leckie, but before you go mouthing off in public, against one of the very best teams in the world, make sure you can back it up.

Terre Astrale
Terre Astrale
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)

I think our best formation for Confeds would be a 4231. Based on the players selected (and recent performances) my preferred lineup is:

pippinu
pippinu
World Class

I know there has been talk of turning Leckie into a full back, but has that process even begun yet?
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

vincenzogold - 15 Jun 2017 11:56 AM
shallow hal wants a gal - 15 Jun 2017 11:22 AM

Just you wait it will be 5-0.

That's still a better result than Brazil managed against Germany in the WC. ;)

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

I'm worried that Ange is getting too caught up in the public conversation around this team. If he's entirely focused on just doing what's best for the team then he'll train the players in a Plan B formation so if the start against Germany goes to shit he can simply switch the formation on the spot. It seems like he would see that as "backing down" but there's no need to get attached to one approach. Do what works. If that stops working, change it.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

So im assuming you can't watch any games other than socceroos unless you have that optus bullshit.
Bushroo
Bushroo
Weekender
Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)

Terre Astrale - 15 Jun 2017 3:41 PM
I think our best formation for Confeds would be a 4231. Based on the players selected (and recent performances) my preferred lineup is:

What has troisi done to deserve a start?
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Bushroo - 15 Jun 2017 4:49 PM

What has troisi done to deserve a start?

What has Kruse done?
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

The way we are playing and the mismatched squad we will probably end up with, anything under 3-0 should be seen as a resounding triumph. I am expecting a total blood bath.
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

This would be my team also. Or go back to the 4-3-3 that we played at the asian cup with Luongo pushed up to Cm, milligan CDM and rogic pulled back to CM. Troisi and kruse as SS's. 
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Bunch of Hacks - 15 Jun 2017 5:05 PM

This would be my team also. Or go back to the 4-3-3 that we played at the asian cup with Luongo pushed up to Cm, milligan CDM and rogic pulled back to CM. Troisi and kruse as SS's. 

I like it but id put a bit more defensive muscle in the middle with Mass and free Rogic to concentrate on attack.
I thought Leckie and Degenak communicated well against Brasil and did more right than wrong so id give Leckie the RB and see how he goes.He'll have Mass inside to cover.
Kruses ability to make runs and hold possession gets him the nod over others and he can roam around with Rogic
I'd take it back to 433 Angeball like we had for the previous German game (only 6 friendlies ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqGos3xAAuM
Image may contain: text

Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

The trouble with playing any system with 4 at the back is we don't have a RB in the squad (or arguably one which is good enough outside the squad either). Leckie is not a RB even though he might become one and I think his pace breaking forward is a weapon that we should be trying to add to our attacking plans. Milligan is the only player I would consider to play RB but he is now our main DM and his passing is going to vital to us maintaining any control over the ball. Ryan McGowan would be a disaster, Degenek not much better and I cannot see Dylan McGowan being an improvement either despite having played there in Scotland a little bit. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Gruen
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

It's just so frustrating that we can't even test a decent back 3 because we lack speed and composure. If only we had selected some faster defenders. Back 3 can work on occasion but it does actually remove a midfield or attacking position. 

I'd like to see 
Ryan
Leckie Sainsbury Milligan Behich 
Mooy Luongo 
Rogic Troisi 
Juric Maclaren 

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Germany first game of a tournament? we gonna get dicked.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

The suggested lineups with the graphics are also very good. The good news is we have options and depth. Could Gersbach be RB? Looking forward to the games.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I wonder if there is a YouTube of that game

I remember thinking at the time we were playing pretty defensively albeit with a high defensive line

It was like parking the bus in the wrong part of the field with slow defenders so that was kind of baffling

I never watched it again (who would want to) but maybe it's worth watching
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

50cal_Puskàs - 15 Jun 2017 8:51 PM
You cannot give the man's shaft possession.  You have to grip it hard and come at them, and pray that they can't find the hole.

They're not particularly known for scoring from behind -- so, the percentages are better (relatively speaking) if we thrust forward hard, lose our balls from time to time and have to deal with some spillage.

If we sit bare back and hope the man's shaft is flaccid on the night, it will end up looking like a PES match-up with the A.I. difficulty set to "God".

Prediction:
DEU 4:1 (Ange out) AUS

I'm worried Sainsbury and Ryan are going to end up like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym3lO5kRMBI

Edited
7 Years Ago by SpongeBobFC
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Start Troisi over Kruse. Kruse was making runs the other night but could not penetrate or hold possession. Got 1 decent cross into the box but that was it. Although Troisi was bumped off the ball easily a couple of times, physically he is not gassed.

Leckie Juric Troisi or Behich there somewhere. But Ange will probably give us. Kruse Cahill Kruse as a front 3 in front of Kruse Rogic and Kruse tbh.

Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

AEK Spartan - 15 Jun 2017 10:51 PM
Start Troisi over Kruse. Kruse was making runs the other night but could not penetrate or hold possession. Got 1 decent cross into the box but that was it. Although Troisi was bumped off the ball easily a couple of times, physically he is not gassed. Leckie Juric Troisi or Behich there somewhere. But Ange will probably give us. Kruse Cahill Kruse as a front 3 in front of Kruse Rogic and Kruse tbh.

AEK spartan - off topic but i assume you're an AEK supporter? Anyway was wondering how Nathan Burns played when he was with you guys years back now and also why he left? Thanks
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro

SpongeBobFC - 15 Jun 2017 6:00 PM
Bunch of Hacks - 15 Jun 2017 5:05 PM

I like it but id put a bit more defensive muscle in the middle with Mass and free Rogic to concentrate on attack.
I thought Leckie and Degenak communicated well against Brasil and did more right than wrong so id give Leckie the RB and see how he goes.He'll have Mass inside to cover.
Kruses ability to make runs and hold possession gets him the nod over others and he can roam around with Rogic
I'd take it back to 433 Angeball like we had for the previous German game (only 6 friendlies ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqGos3xAAuM
Image may contain: text

Could even put irvine at CDM and move milligan to CB in place of degenek
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Bunch of Hacks

He was pretty young but didn't do too badly. During his time atthe club we had like 4 managers (not unusual in GSL) which is not always a good thing. The team was pretty solid playing in a couple of Cup finals. I remember him being in one of those. And he had a good Season in Europe. From memory what set him back at one stage was he went off to an Asian Cup (2011ish) just as he was going very well and came back out of favour with the manager. As far as when he left there is a million articles about the club having off field problems at the time that history now shows lead to some average seasons. Thankfully things have turned around again.
Bushroo
Bushroo
Weekender
Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)

Would Milligan make a decent RB? Even Irvine played there for Ross County a fair bit from memory. Would free up Leckie further up the ground and IMO he offers more going forward and on the counter especially then Troisi
Terre Astrale
Terre Astrale
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)Hardcore Fan (176 reputation)

Bunch of Hacks - 16 Jun 2017 12:03 AM
SpongeBobFC - 15 Jun 2017 6:00 PM

Could even put irvine at CDM and move milligan to CB in place of degenek

I like it - like the addition of Luongo also.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

WSF - 15 Jun 2017 4:56 PM
Bushroo - 15 Jun 2017 4:49 PM

What has Kruse done?

bahh you need a wigner who can consistently beat defender.
Kruse does this more than most. Neymar Burns used to be ok , but would gift the ball to the oppo LB/CB 50% of the time.
Wish Teirney or James Forrest were Aussie. :|

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search