Australia vs Honduras *squad announced page 5*

Australia vs Honduras *squad announced page 5*

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

I have slagged of Jedinak, but it looks like we need him to get the job done. 

They should do an Australian version of the Gatorade add for him. Just death staring and scoring goals 

Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

So awesome. Very happy with the result. And happy with how they played, even if it wasn't exactly fantastic out of the blocks.

Well done Ange and the whole team.

I feel sorry for the Honduran fans, players and most of the staff. For this leg, they definitely put in a good effort. By the sound of it, they treated the Aussies with the utmost respect when we were there.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Barca4Life - 16 Nov 2017 1:21 AM
grazorblade - 16 Nov 2017 12:01 AM

The round of 16 will be a big ask, we need to step up big time if we want to get the next round.

There is still a lack of class in the final third, get that and i think we in for a big shout.

Also a handy draw would not be too bad either.

yes I think it will be ange's greatest achievement to achieve the 16 with 3 players playing in the big 5

he is a good tournament coach though. I honestly thought winning the asian cup even on home soil and not losing by 4 goals every game in 2014 was unrealistic. He also exceeded my expectations in the confeds though he was 1 point below my expectations in the 2nd round of quals (perhaps unrealistic given he does better with a lot of time with players)
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Barca4Life - 16 Nov 2017 1:21 AM

The round of 16 will be a big ask, we need to step up big time if we want to get the next round.

There is still a lack of class in the final third, get that and i think we in for a big shout.

Would be nice to get a somewhat favourable draw... 2006 saw us get the previous winner in brazil, 2010 with perennial semi finalist Germany that if pim hadnt fucked us we should've went to round of 16.
2014 we get the previous two finalists and up and coming chile.

We've had next to no luck this campaign and made it surely its time!

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Feels surreal. It's all done. More than  two years of work. It's not like club football where next week and next season aren't far away. 
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Just got back after pushing on with the boys. Great night. Seats ended up being the 3rd row back in the middle - damn good seats. Amazing night of football. Doubt I'll sleep. So pumped.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Barca4Life - 16 Nov 2017 12:00 AM

expectations will be to get into the round of 16 which will be even more difficult than anything he has tempted yet.

If he can do it I think it makes him the greatest ever national coach. Regardless though he has still done an incredible job

GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Tom AUFC - 15 Nov 2017 11:21 PM
What I want to know is why the Honduran player that conceded the second penalty wasn't sent off. Kruse was about to pull the trigger, 1v1 with the keeper, and was completely collected from behind. Probably the worst call all game was the non-red card, otherwise a pleasing performance from the ref.

And their #6 should have been on a yellow card from early in the game with some of his fouls. He would have been second yellow risk then and either had to have held back or risk a second yellow. He got off scot free with so many reckless tackles, ankle taps, shoving and foul drawable challenges that saw no further sanction. Even just a yellow for persistent fouling was warranted as he had drawn atleast 7 or 8.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

southmelb - 15 Nov 2017 11:24 PM
Osieck was taking the pIss in those games, Neill , ognenovski, carney, Wiltshire etc being used, even Archie Thompson got a run off the bench ffs, it was an ageing squad that needed to be dismantled, Ange came in and got the ball rolling by giving Lucas Neill the tap on the shoulder, the captain no less, and then went about regenerating the squad, just because its an average crop it still needed to be done. Osieck was gonna send a team to Brazil that was gonna lose 6-0 in all 3 games, then pack his bags and leave us with a bunch of old farts. I'm not big on Ange ball but when I look at the job done in this 4 year cycle it's top notch and about as good as you're gonna get under the circumstances. that late 2013 to early 2015 period in particular was an incredible turnover of players. Nobody else was gonna clean up that mess.

He's done an amazing job to form a talent pool from scraps, not many people will remember him for that. 

In general, this is an average generation compared to the past but we have something to work with with the next coach. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Barca4Life - 16 Nov 2017 12:00 AM
Qualifying with one of the weakest talent pools we had in a while is an incredible achievement, i was genuinely worried we might not make it but a huge relief to get the job.

Ange has done an incredible job, to build this team from scratch, to get them playing in a style that was not only fit with our mentality but also is successful (2 loses in WCQ games) and winning the Asian Cup at home shows he will be remembered as one of our greatest coaches ever.

Great night for Australian football! This is for the late Les Murray and Mike Cockerill! You did it boys! 

expectations will be to get into the round of 16 which will be even more difficult than anything he has tempted yet.

If he can do it I think it makes him the greatest ever national coach. Regardless though he has still done an incredible job
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

Qualifying with one of the weakest talent pools we had in a while is an incredible achievement, i was genuinely worried we might not make it but a huge relief to get the job.

Ange has done an incredible job, to build this team from scratch, to get them playing in a style that was not only fit with our mentality but also is successful (2 loses in WCQ games) and winning the Asian Cup at home shows he will be remembered as one of our greatest coaches ever.

Great night for Australian football! This is for the late Les Murray and Mike Cockerill! You did it boys! 
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Get the fuck in, here we come Russia. Also fuck Sydney's transport system, it sucks.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Tom AUFC - 15 Nov 2017 11:21 PM
What I want to know is why the Honduran player that conceded the second penalty wasn't sent off. Kruse was about to pull the trigger, 1v1 with the keeper, and was completely collected from behind. Probably the worst call all game was the non-red card, otherwise a pleasing performance from the ref.

They changed the rule this season regarding red cards in those circumstances (when a penalty is given).
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Osieck was taking the pIss in those games, Neill , ognenovski, carney, Wiltshire etc being used, even Archie Thompson got a run off the bench ffs, it was an ageing squad that needed to be dismantled, Ange came in and got the ball rolling by giving Lucas Neill the tap on the shoulder, the captain no less, and then went about regenerating the squad, just because its an average crop it still needed to be done. Osieck was gonna send a team to Brazil that was gonna lose 6-0 in all 3 games, then pack his bags and leave us with a bunch of old farts.

I'm not big on Ange ball but when I look at the job done in this 4 year cycle it's top notch and about as good as you're gonna get under the circumstances. that late 2013 to early 2015 period in particular was an incredible turnover of players. Nobody else was gonna clean up that mess.
Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Enzo Bearzot - 15 Nov 2017 10:59 PM
alvn1 - 15 Nov 2017 10:49 PM

v Brazil v France.  Both away.  If played today, prediction?

GD-4 over the two games
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

RBBAnonymous - 15 Nov 2017 10:42 PM
I swear the amount of football illiterates on twitter and other social media was nauseating.
So many tweets about players being soft, staging etc etc, the usual bullshit. 
It was annoying as fuck. If they have ever known what its like to get a nice brush of the studs on your shins they would soon STFU. 

I didnt really notice it. 
alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 15 Nov 2017 10:59 PM

26 May 1994 Australia 0 France 1  Kirin Cup Japan
01 Jun 2001 Australia 1 France 0 FIFA Confederations Cup
11 Nov 2001 Australia 1 France 1 International Friendly
11 Oct 2013 Australia 0 France 6 International Friendly

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
hames_jetfield - 15 Nov 2017 10:54 PM
johnszasz - 15 Nov 2017 10:53 PM

Probably after a Visa.

Shit comment.
Eniri
Eniri
Rising Star
Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)

Just got home,  so happy.  I was so angry at half time at the Hondurans anti football tactics,  I don't blame our team for not looking great in that half... There was maybe 20 min of honest play time,  broken up continually.   It looked clear that we would have to score with a set piece as they constantly fouled attackers.   
No open play goals means little in context,  I thought we bossed that game. 

Apologies also for my doubts about jedinak,  on little game time he was immense in both legs.  

We're going to RUSSIA!! 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Mayeda - 15 Nov 2017 10:36 PM

jesus

Saw those two outside of the stadium, amazing.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Mayeda - 15 Nov 2017 11:00 PM
Like I said in a previous post, so many pathetic bandwagon fans who love the events/the occasion and not the actual football match FFS.
None of the previous WCQ on home soil come close to selling out yet these "fans" will come crawling out for the second leg of the playoffs. I doubt 90% could tell you our previous opponents this qualifying round and still believe Harry Kewell could make the squad given some games under his belt.

Plastic fans with inelastic demand fill FFA accounts.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Mayeda - 15 Nov 2017 11:00 PM
Like I said in a previous post, so many pathetic bandwagon fans who love the events/the occasion and not the actual football match FFS.
None of the previous WCQ on home soil come close to selling out yet these "fans" will come crawling out for the second leg of the playoffs. I doubt 90% could tell you our previous opponents this qualifying round and still believe Harry Kewell could make the squad given some games under his belt.

So?
Mayeda
Mayeda
Weekender
Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)

hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

bohemia - 15 Nov 2017 10:59 PM

dick head

So you're the guy punching well above his weight?

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 15 Nov 2017 10:22 PM

6-0, 6-0

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Probably after a Visa.

dick head
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Probably after a Visa.

Would be heartbreaking to be used for something like that.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Jedinak. How well did he glue our middle together? brilliant. I'd like to see this now against someone with better attack. It's the next step up.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search