World Cup tickets

World Cup tickets

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paladisious - 31 May 2018 10:32 AM
wilkfc - 31 May 2018 10:26 AM

It's a little frustrating, but they have to have the border of each category somewhere.

In saying that, my conditional category 3 ticket for the Round of 16 is almost half the price of my Category 1 group stage tickets.

I think what some blokes were whinging about was a Cat 3 being almost as good as a Cat 1 in some instances.  So not a 1 category difference but 2.

Member since 2008.

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

phutbol - 31 May 2018 10:04 AM
Vlad - 31 May 2018 12:30 AM

Its still there Vlad. I'm using the chrome translated version of the russian megafon site:
http://moscow.megafon.ru/tariffs/vklyuchaysya/

the option for 'calls to all countries' is in the 'services and options' menu then 'intercity' 
http://moscow.megafon.ru/services/far_calls/all_countries/all_countries.html

yes, those extra 'services' are what I'm concerned about. they can be disabled but without russian literacy its going to be tricky. 

But at least i now know its pre-paid. I figure if it costs me 2000r ($50) for international calls and data for the 16 days I'm there thats about a tenth of what I'd pay roaming with my Aus sim.

Cheers

Try look at flexiroamX. Its a sim sticker that attaches to your sim. It allows you to use data only overseas without impacting your current plan, you can still make calls but they will be through whats ap etc.  You just change a setting and it turns your current sim off, then goes to flexiroam. When your home you turn your sim back on

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

jaymz - 31 May 2018 11:12 AM
phutbol - 31 May 2018 10:04 AM

Try look at flexiroamX. Its a sim sticker that attaches to your sim. It allows you to use data only overseas without impacting your current plan, you can still make calls but they will be through whats ap etc.  You just change a setting and it turns your current sim off, then goes to flexiroam. When your home you turn your sim back on

Never heard of it. Will look into it but I think I'm pretty happy with the russian sim option. Thanks.

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

paladisious - 31 May 2018 10:25 AM
phutbol - 31 May 2018 10:16 AM

Can't fault DHL. They actually came a day earlier than the estimate on the site for me, delivered to my door on Sunday.

Yep. mine lobbed in this morning. A day early also.

Some of my Cat 1 seats are nearish to the Cat 2 areas but I really cant be upset about that... I'll be there! 

My Poland Senegal ticket is bang on the halfway line... on the very top row of the second level as close to under the roof as I can be. Still rapt :)

The one I'm most concerned about is Aus v France. Row 2 on the first level. sounds good and close to the action but hopefully not so low that its obscured view or hard to see the other side of the field. That will suck big time. I hate it when you dont have enough angle to get a depth perspective of the field. 

First world problems I know. :)
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

phutbol - 29 May 2018 10:46 AM
off topic - Russian  sim cards - I've read the wikis and checked out the main players and it looks pretty complex. found a prepaid (i think) plan  on Megafon ('Turn on') with 30gb for 1000r + option to add calls at 20r/minute back to Australia so seems like what I'm after but not sure about all the data eating options and whether they can be turned off if you cant read russian. Anyone got personal experience on this? 

I'm considering Beeline. 350R for 1 week unlimited data and 30 minute calls. I am only there for 1 week and only want it for the Internet (uber and social media). Perfect for me. apparently they have a kiosk at Moscow Domodedovo airport.

wilkfc - 31 May 2018 10:26 AM
Munrubenmuz - 31 May 2018 7:54 AM

Yeah I booked Cat 1 for two games and for both I've ended up right on the very edge in the top tier. I'm trying not to be annoyed about it because I have the privilege of going to a WC, but the price difference between categories was pretty significant so it's a little disappointing. 

For my only Socceroos game (Denmark) I am on ground level, a couple of bays from the centre of the park and 4 rows from the front. stoked. 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
phutbol - 31 May 2018 12:26 PM
paladisious - 31 May 2018 10:25 AM

Yep. mine lobbed in this morning. A day early also.

Some of my Cat 1 seats are nearish to the Cat 2 areas but I really cant be upset about that... I'll be there! 

My Poland Senegal ticket is bang on the halfway line... on the very top row of the second level as close to under the roof as I can be. Still rapt :)

The one I'm most concerned about is Aus v France. Row 2 on the first level. sounds good and close to the action but hopefully not so low that its obscured view or hard to see the other side of the field. That will suck big time. I hate it when you dont have enough angle to get a depth perspective of the field. 

First world problems I know. :)

I know what you mean, my ACL membership ticket always has me in the first few rows at AAMI Park, and even at that stadium it's not perfect, I'm used to the elevation.

Heart_Fan10
Heart_Fan10
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I have  2 x CAT A tickets to Australia vs France if anyone wants or knows someone who would like them. I am unable to attend this game

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro

Feed_The_Brox - 31 May 2018 3:35 PM
[quote]
phutbol - 29 May 2018 10:46 AM

I'm considering Beeline. 350R for 1 week unlimited data and 30 minute calls. I am only there for 1 week and only want it for the Internet (uber and social media). Perfect for me. apparently they have a kiosk at Moscow Domodedovo airport.

Hadnt seen that one but will check it out. thanks 
Vlad
Vlad
Weekender
Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)

phutbol - 30 May 2018 9:05 PM
Hi Vlad. There is an option to add calls @ 20 r / min as well. Costs 60r one time and 2 r a day. Its called ‘calls to other countries’.Am I right in reading that is a pre-paid plan? And are they likely to have English support online?Thanks

Finally, found it.
There is one problem with this plan. Look at "Learn more about the option", you can read "The option is valid in the territory of the Home Region", your home region will be the city of Moscow, since you will buy the contract there. So, if you call to Australia outside the city of Moscow, this option doesn't apply and they will charge you regular price, i.e. 75R/min. Shame.

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro

@vlad. I’m based in Moscow. Only travelling to the aus games on game day so wont be a problem for me really. Data works in all regions though so that’s the key for me.

@brox. That beeline plan is limited to maximum of 3.6mbps which I think is ok for streaming but only just. I want 4g capability so not for me. Also sms looks additional. 2r per time.
Vlad
Vlad
Weekender
Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)

phutbol - 31 May 2018 8:02 PM
@vlad. I’m based in Moscow. Only travelling to the aus games on game day so wont be a problem for me really. Data works in all regions though so that’s the key for me. 

In this case, it looks great!
I've just called Megafon support - now they don't have any English speaking support at all, they only plan to organize english speaking call-centre specially for WC2018, maybe :)  And, yes, you can add "calls to other countries" option to your internet plan, I asked just in case.

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro

Vlad - 31 May 2018 9:13 PM
phutbol - 31 May 2018 8:02 PM

In this case, it looks great!
I've just called Megafon support - now they don't have any English speaking support at all, they only plan to organize english speaking call-centre specially for WC2018, maybe :)  And, yes, you can add "calls to other countries" option to your internet plan, I asked just in case.

Awesome! thanks for the info.

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Hey guys, I have to collect my tickets in Russia at a ticketing centre. I was thinking of collecting from Moscow Airport when I land, but I land really early in the morning (ticketing centre will be closed). I have heard there are self serve kiosks for tickets. Any one know where they will be (will they be at the airport, and if so what do I need to print out the tickets).

Maybe this is a vlad question?

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

jaymz - 4 Jun 2018 10:41 PM
Hey guys, I have to collect my tickets in Russia at a ticketing centre. I was thinking of collecting from Moscow Airport when I land, but I land really early in the morning (ticketing centre will be closed). I have heard there are self serve kiosks for tickets. Any one know where they will be (will they be at the airport, and if so what do I need to print out the tickets).

Don't know about self serve kiosks but apparently you can get them from any ticketing kiosk in any of the host cities.  I'll be picking mine up in Moscow.

Member since 2008.

99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

They do have self serve machines, but I’m 99% sure they are actually located at the ticketing centres and only able to be used when the centre is open, a bit like self serve checkouts at the supermarket.

A bit of a strange one but for those who have previously used the overnight trains in Russia, how difficult is getting on the top bunk? I’ve seen photos and there doesn’t appear to be any steps/mini ladders. I’ve currently got a torn acl and a bulging disc in my back so am slightly dreading the few overnight trains I’ll be on.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

99 Problems - 5 Jun 2018 12:06 AM
They do have self serve machines, but I’m 99% sure they are actually located at the ticketing centres and only able to be used when the centre is open, a bit like self serve checkouts at the supermarket. A bit of a strange one but for those who have previously used the overnight trains in Russia, how difficult is getting on the top bunk? I’ve seen photos and there doesn’t appear to be any steps/mini ladders. I’ve currently got a torn acl and a bulging disc in my back so am slightly dreading the few overnight trains I’ll be on.

Depends on what class you're in (are you using one of the free trains?) and how old the carriage is, but in my experience there's always been a little step and plenty of handles to grab.
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro

They do have self serve machines, but I’m 99% sure they are actually located at the ticketing centres and only able to be used when the centre is open, a bit like self serve checkouts at the supermarket. A bit of a strange one but for those who have previously used the overnight trains in Russia, how difficult is getting on the top bunk? I’ve seen photos and there doesn’t appear to be any steps/mini ladders. I’ve currently got a torn acl and a bulging disc in my back so am slightly dreading the few overnight trains I’ll be on.

So no 24 hour ones at the airports?

Muz
Muz
Legend

Loads of tickets available at face value on Gumtree at the moment.  Was hunting around for a Round of 16 match but couldn't find one but saw dozens of others.

Member since 2008.

99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

jaymz - 5 Jun 2018 11:44 AM

So no 24 hour ones at the airports?

No I'm almost certain they are only available during opening hours

@Pala Thanks for the that. mainly 2nd class with one 3rd class just for the experience
Vlad
Vlad
Weekender

jaymz - 4 Jun 2018 10:41 PM

Russian fans write that you definitely can print tickets in self serve kiosks 24h a day at the airports with the payment card used in the transaction and the date of your birth. BUT, at the moment sometimes it doesn't work properly for foreign guests with no obvious reasons and there are some restrictions, i.e. if you paid with this card for the tickets ordered from several accounts or if you want to print tickets paid with several cards you have to ask an operator of ticketing center at the opening hours .
Let's wait and see how it will work, they have just started printing.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Vlad
Vlad
Vlad
Weekender

A bit of a strange one but for those who have previously used the overnight trains in Russia, how difficult is getting on the top bunk? I’ve seen photos and there doesn’t appear to be any steps/mini ladders. I’ve currently got a torn acl and a bulging disc in my back so am slightly dreading the few overnight trains I’ll be on.

For football fans Russian railways provide the most modern trains. To show off to foreigners is one of the main russian features :))
There is a mini-ladder in every compartment of the 2nd class sleepers and upper class. You can not find it on photos because it's near the door. https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/tour_life/37206492/180957/180957_original.jpg
Since you have 3rd class ticket... Is it a night train or daytime? Is it a sleeper or sedentary carriage? Find your seat number in the carriage map.
To have a side upper bunk near WC in the 3rd class night train is the most terrible Russian curse :) 

Stealing and snatching small bags happen there. Not your neighbors but guys walking constantly through the carriage. People hang up their jackets, bags etc near the aisle with money and docs in the pockets. Easy target. The worst are southbound trains to Rostov, Sochi.
Generally, 3rd class is not so bad as in India. It can be fun to travel in a group with your friends or get young Russian students as your carmates but most often you get old ladies complaining about everything, constantly crying infants or always drunk workers.
Yes, there are steps and plenty of handles to grab in 3rd class carriages to get to an upper bunk.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Vlad
Muz
Muz
Legend

Lads/Vlad,

What's the Russian equivalent of Uber?  Is there an app you can download?

I arrive at Domodedova airport at 8.30pm at night on the 12th and I need to get to my hotel about 15kms away.

Edit:  http://www.dme.ru/en/passengers/transport/taxi/

What's the go?  There was supposed to be a shuttle but I got an email back today saying to catch the bus or a taxi.  A bit annoying but nothing I can't get over.  Just will be jetlagged as buggery and knackered as it'll be 4am-ish Oz time. 

PS one last thing.  I'm sure there is but can someone confirm that there's ATM's in the airport.  

Edit:  http://www.dme.ru/en/passengers/welcome/services/bank/

Thanks

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Vlad
Vlad
Weekender

People use Yandex taxi (most popular), Gett and Uber, but I'm not an expert in Moscow taxi. The problem is that the authorities are closing an huge area around the airport for private transport for security reasons.
And never ever use airport taxi except prepaid ones which cost a lot. Any Russian airport is packed with ATMs.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Vlad
Muz
Muz
Legend

Vlad - 5 Jun 2018 10:09 PM

People use Yandex taxi (most popular), Gett and Uber, but I'm not an expert in Moscow taxi. The problem is that the authorities are closing an huge area around the airport for private transport for security reasons.
And never ever use airport taxi except prepaid ones which cost a lot. Any Russian airport is packed with ATMs.

Thanks Vlad, reading the airport website and getting a quote it looks like it'll cost me about $30 to get to my hotel.  No big deal.  I'll be just happy to get to a bed and crash out.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Timmy makes an appearance at 50 seconds of this great video.

https://www.facebook.com/540343196346790/videos/540569866324123/

This one made me laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/COPA90/videos/1750178648400602/UzpfSTQ3NDg2NzMyOTI3MTQ2NzoxNzc3NTAzNzYyMzQxMTQ0/?multi_permalinks=1778098692281651&notif_id=1528201714356371&notif_t=group_activity

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Went to the Nike outlet at a DFO hoping to get this year's Socceroos kit, but the bloke at the shop told me they always get them last, and had the clever suggestion of buying one in Russia as they'll always have the competing nation's shirts on sale, which is a good idea as then it'll be like a souvenir from the cup.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 5 Jun 2018 11:16 PM

Timmy makes an appearance at 50 seconds of this great video.

https://www.facebook.com/540343196346790/videos/540569866324123/

What's that song? Infinitely better that the official one with Will Smith, not that that's hard.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paladisious - 6 Jun 2018 3:57 AM
Went to the Nike outlet at a DFO hoping to get this year's Socceroos kit, but the bloke at the shop told me they always get them last, and had the clever suggestion of buying one in Russia as they'll always have the competing nation's shirts on sale, which is a good idea as then it'll be like a souvenir from the cup.

DHgate would be a good place to order the away kit. Still over the moon with mine. It won't arrive in time before you leave though. Having it shipped to accommodation could be an option...They wrap them that they fit in post boxes and post slots. The package essentially looks like a drug bag.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Who or where are there any song sheets for singing during the games? It would be good to give the team a lift with some proper vocal support.
I have opened a separate topic in case it is worthwhile.
Cheers.
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro

Very drole :D
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search