Are SFC really any good ???????

Are SFC really any good ???????

Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 11:42 AM
soccer_fan - 26 Nov 2018 11:40 AM

No Im saying it was but if there was a VAR pro-Sydney conspiracy and thats the only reason we get results, then VAR would have overturned a deadset penalty against Sydney FC in a game against their biggest rival

Very selective this conspiracy.

Iknowbest is a sore loser and a sore winner it seems.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Nov 2018 1:29 PM
RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 11:42 AM

Very selective this conspiracy.

Iknowbest is a sore loser and a sore winner it seems.

The point I am making is that FFA and VAR bunker need to go to Canberra so that we can end this bias.
It is a point best made after a win.
It is a point very difficult to argue against and so far nobody has even tried.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Reedy
Reedy
Rising Star
Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)

So moving the room where the video assistant referees sit and conduct their work from Sydney to Canberra is going to stop the FFA from telling the referees to give favourable decisions to Sydney FC?
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Reedy - 26 Nov 2018 1:50 PM
So moving the room where the video assistant referees sit and conduct their work from Sydney to Canberra is going to stop the FFA from telling the referees to give favourable decisions to Sydney FC?

Move FFA too.
Football in Australia is too Sydney centered.
It is hurting the growth of the game.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 12:16 PM
Classic response thanks for the morning amusement

I do find it funny that any Victory fan would talk about the VAR when it helped them win a grand final.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

WSF - 26 Nov 2018 1:52 PM
RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 12:16 PM

I do find it funny that any Victory fan would talk about the VAR when it helped them win a grand final.

Apparently because that was a 'technical error' it doesn't count. 😂🤣😂

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Anyone?
Can anyone argue why FFA (and the VAR) should not be based in Canberra?
(I would settle for anywhere but Sydney).

Everybody is very quiet on this point!

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 1:56 PM
Anyone?

So its fine if its based in Melbourne? 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Edited
6 Years Ago by RedKat
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 2:00 PM

Can anyone argue why the FFA and VAR should not be based in Dubbo? 

Poor deflection.
We have Canberra so Sydney people to do not completely become full of themselves.
(Dubbo would be better than Sydney).

Come on Sydney people you are losing this argument.
At least try to give a reason why FFA is in Sydney over Canberra.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Anyone?

Because unless you're in Sydney you're camping out.

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Your argument is falling apart.If FFA/VAR is so bias to Sydney whats moving where theyre located going to do? 

And why should it be in Melbourne. If you argument is it cant be in sydney because of supposed and very tenuous conflict of interests it cant be anywhere where theres an a-league club or potential a-league club. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 2:14 PM
Your argument is falling apart.If FFA/VAR is so bias to Sydney whats moving where theyre located going to do? 

And why should it be in Melbourne. If you argument is it cant be in sydney because of supposed and very tenuous conflict of interests it cant be anywhere where theres an a-league club or potential a-league club. 

Seriously that is your reply?

Lets just stick with Canberra.
You know Canberra don't you?
The place that was created because Sydney people love themselves just a bit too much.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

So youve failed to prove that there is an actual FFA/VAR conspiracy for Sydney, youve failed to say how this relates to the headquarters being located in Sydney (or western sydney for that matter) but somehow suggest moving these headquarters will solve the conspiracy whilst also ignoring the fact that FFA are paying for a melbourne player (if there was a conspiracy or conflict of interests its that but its not) and now with your argument falling apart youre just mentioning Canberra alot but if there was some connection between FFA/VAR headquarters and city bias (which you have yet to prove) it would be silly to move them to canberra when canberra could have a team in the league and would have to them move the headquarters again. 

Loving the lack of logic! 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 2:21 PM
So youve failed to prove that there is an actual FFA/VAR conspiracy for Sydney, youve failed to say how this relates to the headquarters being located in Sydney (or western sydney for that matter) but somehow suggest moving these headquarters will solve the conspiracy whilst also ignoring the fact that FFA are paying for a melbourne player (if there was a conspiracy or conflict of interests its that but its not) and now with your argument falling apart youre just mentioning Canberra alot but if there was some connection between FFA/VAR headquarters and city bias (which you have yet to prove) it would be silly to move them to canberra when canberra could have a team in the league and would have to them move the headquarters again. 

Loving the lack of logic! 

If FFA set up in Canberra and then a team is created in Canberra and then that team get so many decisions from FFA, the refs and VAR that people are being turned off the game because there is a possible Canberra bias then you have a point.
A this point in time, I am willing to say the odds are not in the favor of all those things happening and if they do then we will have to deal with it.

Canberra was created for a reason. It is a valid reason. Perhaps you have to live outside of Sydney to understand that reason.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Can somebody in Sydney help out Redkat?
He needs your support.
(Sydneyfc1987 - help him out, tell us all why FFA should be based in Sydney over Canberra)

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 2:31 PM
Can somebody in Sydney help out Redkat?
He needs your support.

Try address maybe one of my flaws in your "argument" 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

RedKat - 26 Nov 2018 2:34 PM
Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 2:31 PM

Try address maybe one of my flaws in your "argument" 

? I have no idea what you are trying to say ?

Why is FFA based in Sydney over Canberra is the question.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 2:36 PM

Jesus, I thought *I* was bored today!
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

It could possibly be because Sydney is the biggest city in the country. 

Just a thought.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Nov 2018 3:23 PM

Just a thought.

In a couple of years Melbourne will be bigger.
(Thanks for a least trying to give a logical reason).
Sydney and Melbourne are too similar in many ways when it comes to population.
Hence the need for Canberra for administration bodies.

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Just a thought.

+ organised football began in Sydney before any other city in Australia.
+ has more registered footballers than any other city in Australia, nearly 4 times more than the next city Melbourne.

+ does any sport have their national headquarters in Canberra?

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Gyfox - 26 Nov 2018 3:35 PM

+ organised football began in Sydney before any other city in Australia.
+ has more registered footballers than any other city in Australia, nearly 4 times more than the next city Melbourne.

+ does any sport have their national headquarters in Canberra?

For football to make it big in Australia it needs that situation to change.
Melbourne sees football as a sport run from Sydney. The Sydney bias probably comes in part from that fact.
While that is the situation AFL will continue to rule here.
(AFL is such a rubbish sport, Football will be bigger one day, but some things need to change first. Football is winning over Rugby. Football needs to start thinking more long term. Losing the Sydney centric thinking and Team 11 would be a good start).

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Iknowbest, I've included some conspiracy theory videos below for you to divert your anger. You're a victory fan, yes? then who gives a shit! you won the game and the granny last season because of VAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dyr1Je6aI8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ebAMzt-oA

some real doozies in there! 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Ds98 - 26 Nov 2018 3:53 PM
Iknowbest, I've included some conspiracy theory videos below for you to divert your anger. You're a victory fan, yes? then who gives a shit! you won the game and the granny last season because of VAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dyr1Je6aI8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ebAMzt-oA

some real doozies in there! 

The fact that we won allows this discussion.
And as I have said above it is a bias not a conspiracy theory. There is an important dfference.
Whilst you deflect with comments like that I continue to win (just like MV did yesterday).

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 3:56 PM
Ds98 - 26 Nov 2018 3:53 PM

The fact that we won allows this discussion.
And as I have said above it is a bias not a conspiracy theory. There is an important dfference.
Whilst you deflect with comments like that I continue to win (just like MV did yesterday).

What hard evidence do you have, to say that there is a clear and definitive bias towards Sydney FC in the first place? 

If you don't then it is a theory. plain and simple. Examples of the different times VAR and FFA have supposedly given SFC a benefit, don't count.

for what its worth, I'm a Victorian, and have a soft spot for Victory, although I don't follow one particular team. 

You're clutching at straws.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Ds98 - 26 Nov 2018 4:09 PM
Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 3:56 PM

What hard evidence do you have, to say that there is a clear and definitive bias towards Sydney FC in the first place? 

If you don't then it is a theory. plain and simple. Examples of the different times VAR and FFA have supposedly given SFC a benefit, don't count.

for what its worth, I'm a Victorian, and have a soft spot for Victory, although I don't follow one particular team. 

You're clutching at straws.

You clutch at straws when you are losing. You do not clutch at straws when you are winning.
Go to some of the other football forums, listen to some podcasts and have a read on-line about how people view football in Australia. 
The SFC bias is a pretty common opinion.  It will continue while FFA are based in Sydney for no good reason.

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Hardly Sydney Bias

FFA just paid for Honda to help out Victorys regular under-achievement

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 4:28 PM
The SFC bias is a pretty common opinion.  It will continue while FFA are based in Sydney for no good reason.

Why should the FFA spend a whole lot of money through moving to Canberra to satisfy a few morons in Melbourne who have a chip on their shoulder over Sydney? 

Should they sack anyone at the FFA from Sydney as well?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 4:28 PM

You clutch at straws when you are losing. You do not clutch at straws when you are winning.
Go to some of the other football forums, listen to some podcasts and have a read on-line about how people view football in Australia. 

straws.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 3:48 PM
Gyfox - 26 Nov 2018 3:35 PM

For football to make it big in Australia it needs that situation to change.
Melbourne sees football as a sport run from Sydney. The Sydney bias probably comes in part from that fact.
While that is the situation AFL will continue to rule here.
(AFL is such a rubbish sport, Football will be bigger one day, but some things need to change first. Football is winning over Rugby. Football needs to start thinking more long term. Losing the Sydney centric thinking and Team 11 would be a good start).

Absolutely it needs to change.  Instead of there being 75k registered players in Victoria there needs to be 250k to match NSW and the ACT at 4% of the population being registered players.  What are you doing about it?  No use being on here playing silly buggers when you could be out growing the game.  Just imagine Victoria producing enough players out of that lot to have the Victorian A-league, 2nd Division and NPL clubs full of Victorians.  It would be a new experience for you all and you might even get more than 1 Director elected to the FFA Board.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search