Are SFC really any good ???????

Are SFC really any good ???????

Author
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I can't believe there is a discussion going on about FFA HQ needing to be based in Canberra. 
One day there will be a club based in Canberra playing in the A-league. What then? Move it to Northern Territory?
I agree 100% that Sydney FC do get away with much more fucked up referee calls than any other club, but ffs it has nothing at all to do with where the FFA HQ is based. 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ref conspiracies are generally full of shit. but there has been an established tendency to favour winning teams/athletes across a lot of sports - particularly when there is a bit of celebrity involved.

our teams are only as good as their performance in the ACL.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Gyfox - 26 Nov 2018 9:54 PM
Iknowbest - 26 Nov 2018 3:48 PM

Absolutely it needs to change.  Instead of there being 75k registered players in Victoria there needs to be 250k to match NSW and the ACT at 4% of the population being registered players.  What are you doing about it?  No use being on here playing silly buggers when you could be out growing the game.  Just imagine Victoria producing enough players out of that lot to have the Victorian A-league, 2nd Division and NPL clubs full of Victorians.  It would be a new experience for you all and you might even get more than 1 Director elected to the FFA Board.

Good advice.
I coach so I am already doing my bit. 
How about some of you others on here.
Get off your butt and help grow the game.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

robstazzz - 26 Nov 2018 10:29 PM
I can't believe there is a discussion going on about FFA HQ needing to be based in Canberra. 
One day there will be a club based in Canberra playing in the A-league. What then? Move it to Northern Territory?
I agree 100% that Sydney FC do get away with much more fucked up referee calls than any other club, but ffs it has nothing at all to do with where the FFA HQ is based. 

If a Canberra team comes in they will need some help.
I am happy for them to have some bias.
Anything to get away from the current situation were SFC are the pets.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Iknowbest is a troll. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. Either that or he is an absolute nutter. Moving FFA HQ to Canberra? F**king lol.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Move the HQ, the VAR room and all refs to a cruise ship in international waters.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

vanlassen - 27 Nov 2018 8:38 AM

Iknowbest is a troll. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. Either that or he is an absolute nutter. Moving FFA HQ to Canberra? F**king lol.

Why not move it to Canberra.
Sydney people are too self centered. If you can not look after the interests of the game you lose the right.
Growth outside of NSW needs FFA out of Sydney. Sydney will soon no longer be the largest city in Australia.
No trolling - genuine points to improve the game in Australia.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

What if we employ and relocate people from Canberra to the VAR in Sydney :)
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Burztur - 27 Nov 2018 10:16 AM
What if we employ and relocate people from Canberra to the VAR in Sydney :)

How about we put VAR and FFA in Melbourne.

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

its not bias, just perception of bias. which is just as bad. if you look at all the big blue controversies over the years, every one of them has been in favour of sydney. which is of course very frustrating from a Victory POV.

another thing that can't be denied is the sydney centric nature of the FFA. every fan who lives out of sydney recognises it. now is the perfect time to change this perception with a Victorian running the game. what I would like to see is the board of the new independant HAL be based away from Sydney (Melbourne, Canberra or Brisbane will suffice). 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Iknowbest - 27 Nov 2018 10:18 AM
Burztur - 27 Nov 2018 10:16 AM

How about we put VAR and FFA in Melbourne.

Couldn't care less if you did.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

T1m
T1m
Super Fan
Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)

Can someone explain these bias' I'm hearing all about?

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

Looks like not even the refs and VAR can now get SFC a win.
Perhaps some SFC fans can remind us how good SFC were a few seasons ago.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search