Do you prefer HAL or ACL?

Do you prefer HAL or ACL?

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BETHFC we get the moral high ground and I'm sure all agree but it is how it is, like I've said whats going to change.
The change I would prefer is our clubs doing better playing over their tatics and do them over on the scoreboard.
Thats what counts.
Some interesting stats and points fellas.
I said Chinese were getting better.
Now the mention of this current SFC team incl the imports being one of our best in the ACL to date from us don't forget those same good imports got owned last week.
They were played off the park - one yard slower.
The bench is pretty ordinary barring Carney as mentioned.
I'm keen as seeing this one tonight and I hope we don't prove last weeks loss is where were really at std wise for it would be heart breaking for us aussie followers.

Love Football

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

As a side note, if fewer than 10k want to see the likes of J-League sides in Australia then how many does that dumb fuck sage think will watch Perth v Singapore 
Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

inala brah - 21 Feb 2018 8:55 AM
Decentric - 21 Feb 2018 8:50 AM

Agree.  As painful as it is, if there were no other Australian teams left in the ACL, I would support Victory. 

Decentric - 21 Feb 2018 8:50 AM

Agree.  As painful as it is, if there were no other Australian teams left in the ACL, I would support Victory. 

Yeah, I don't get that. I can see Decentric's point because he has no team of his own to support but when CCM isn't in it I watch for interest, not support. More like a neutral. I tend to support the team that I enjoy watching in each of the games that I watch, the same as when I watch an A-League game as a neutral. Mind you, I only tend to watch teams involving A-League clubs so may be that shows an inherent bias. I am quite happy to watch MV get beaten, but was also happy to watch them win with "the kids" the other year. And I didn't enjoy watching WSW's successful year because I didn't like how they played. If it had been CCM playing like that and winning I would have been cheering.

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Mark457 - 21 Feb 2018 8:27 AM
I enjoy Aus clubs in the ACL despite the poor showing of late. It is a shame the same level of interest is not shown by the fans it is a lot better watching Sydney play strong teams from Asia then them having a practice run with a Wellington Phoenix.

I'm more disappointed by the poor showing of interest from the FFA. That they would have a balanced model in spite of the ACL and run their league at opposites to it

Even if a single person didn't turn up to the ACL it would be much better to see full strength Aussie sides with the best players to pick from. I would much rather this than a sell out venue watching a team from the current model play against a champion team from another league

Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

ACL at the moment because I’m a bit bored with the HAL until finals time but for most I’d say the ratings and attendance speaks for itself
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Angus - 21 Feb 2018 4:26 PM

Yeah, I don't get that. I can see Decentric's point because he has no team of his own to support but when CCM isn't in it I watch for interest, not support. More like a neutral. I tend to support the team that I enjoy watching in each of the games that I watch, the same as when I watch an A-League game as a neutral. Mind you, I only tend to watch teams involving A-League clubs so may be that shows an inherent bias. I am quite happy to watch MV get beaten, but was also happy to watch them win with "the kids" the other year. And I didn't enjoy watching WSW's successful year because I didn't like how they played. If it had been CCM playing like that and winning I would have been cheering.

"As painful as it is...", says decentric, the man who used to claim to be a Melbourne Victory supporter not that many years ago. Until he abandoned them for a team that probably made more backwards diagonal contemporaneous passes, or something.

I watched about two minutes of Victory's game last night, before switching off because I couldn't care less whether they won or lost.

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

AEK men like Leonardo and Burns have left their mark in the ACL. Next season so will the AEK men from the Jets. It’s where the big guys shine.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

ACL by a country mile and a metre. Aleague is so sub standard its hard to watch. Its obvious many couldnt give a shit.

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ACL everyday. Strong quality, interesting variety of opponents and the fact that's its's a proper competitive league unlike any of the poisoned FFA tournaments.

There are still significant changes that i'd like to see happen, mostly addressing the East-West split and the number of teams, but it is still a engaging competition.

Viennese Vuck

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search