Optus Sport now open to non-Optus customers for $14.99/month

Optus Sport now open to non-Optus customers for $14.99/month

Author
sethman75
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 3 May 2018 3:59 PM
Derider - 1 May 2018 3:37 PM

It's the ENGLISH premier league, not the A League. Do you just moan for the fuck of it ?

Have to agree, OPTUS service for the EPL is tons better than the ok effort from FOX.

Every game with a full replay, highlights, interviews, daily shows and it goes on, all on demand.
None of this wait until 11:30am the next day to watch a replay of the game you want from FOX.

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

jlm8695 - 1 May 2018 10:52 AM
I was highly critical of Optus acquiring the rights with the lock in service contracts, but they've been excellent bar a few early hitches. 

It sucks that they didn't offer this at the start as it would have alleviated a lot of the complaints with their model.

Not sure I could go back to Fox having the rights without mobile/web access like Optus. 

Foxtel has the 'go' app. its shit though that it can be chromecast/appleTV'd on to the telly but I guess thats for obvious reasons.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

phutbol - 3 May 2018 5:38 PM
jlm8695 - 1 May 2018 10:52 AM

Foxtel has the 'go' app. its shit though that it can be chromecast/appleTV'd on to the telly but I guess thats for obvious reasons.

It can so there is no issue. I watch it on my telly.

lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Can somebody tell me why you can't download the optus sport app on your smart TV and just watch it through that? 
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

lebo_roo - 29 May 2018 1:48 PM
Can somebody tell me why you can't download the optus sport app on your smart TV and just watch it through that? 

I guess you need the Fetch TV box.  
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

That'd be because it's too difficult to code apps for the plethora of smart TV's out there - much easier to focus on the main devices (Fetch Box, Chromecast, Apple TV, Xbox, Playstation and web).
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

My ‘android’ TV has a different app store on it.  IE:  There’s bugger all apps in ihe TV app store for some reason.  I’m not sure if that’s just my telly or all smart TV’s.

Member since 2008.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

It depends what TV you have.

Fetch are adding the Optus Sport app to their retail boxes, but not in time for the world cup. At the moment you can only get Optus Sport on Fetch through an Optus owned box.

phreeky
phreeky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I don't need to change carriers, works on my tablet, phone, PC (linux), chromecast - thank you Optus. Just please don't do anything stupid during the WC and let it fail or break the app etc.
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro

@ the select few. RE foxtel go app. Do you run Apple TV or chromecast? Doesn’t work with Apple TV on mine.
Edited
6 Years Ago by phutbol
sethman75
sethman75
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

I'm ready to roll with the WC with the Optus Sport app through Apple TV.

I am worried about the first game against France though. It will be on prime time (8pm) in Sydney and i am worried that so many connections at once will either crash the network or make it buffer and stutter.

It's a big test for Optus. 
sethman75
sethman75
Pro

phutbol - 29 May 2018 9:30 PM
@ the select few. RE foxtel go app. Do you run Apple TV or chromecast? Doesn’t work with Apple TV on mine.

You have to have the current Apple TV for it to work. The older models don't let you connect to the Apple Store and install apps, the new one does.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sethman75 - 30 May 2018 4:04 AM
I'm ready to roll with the WC with the Optus Sport app through Apple TV.

I am worried about the first game against France though. It will be on prime time (8pm) in Sydney and i am worried that so many connections at once will either crash the network or make it buffer and stutter.

It's a big test for Optus. 

It is a big test that's for sure, but with the game being simulcast on SBS I'm sure a lot of the strain will be taken off the network as people will just tune into their TV coverage.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

sethman75 - 3 May 2018 4:32 PM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 3 May 2018 3:59 PM

Have to agree, OPTUS service for the EPL is tons better than the ok effort from FOX.

Every game with a full replay, highlights, interviews, daily shows and it goes on, all on demand.
None of this wait until 11:30am the next day to watch a replay of the game you want from FOX.

Completely agree with both of you. Fox's coverage of English Football was becoming extremely amateur. I don't care what Slater and Bosnich have to say about it anymore, they've been out of England for a long time and are hardly in the know anymore. Just focusing on their well outdated anecdotes and which Aussies are playing wasn't good enough anymore. They can cover that in Fox's own content separate from match day coverage.

Viennese Vuck

SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

Just for info (maybe already covered)  the stream is 720p but 1080i via their sat dish service (didn't know they had one but...)
There is some hope apparently that they may lift those specs.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)

Anyone know if you can get Optus sport on a Amazon FireStick?
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

If I get this thing via an app on my phone do they supply you with login details so I can log in via the website?  

Edited
6 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

ErogenousZone - 4 Jun 2018 12:53 PM
If I get this thing via an app on my phone do they supply you with login details so I can log in via the website?  

Yes they do
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

walnuts - 4 Jun 2018 1:10 PM
ErogenousZone - 4 Jun 2018 12:53 PM

Yes they do

Good. It's seriously a fucking labyrinth on that site.  
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 4 Jun 2018 6:06 AM
Anyone know if you can get Optus sport on a Amazon FireStick?

Yes but picture quality is pretty ordinary
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)

no champions league on sbs thanks a lot optus 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

C’mon, for the cost of two beers a month you can have Optus Sports
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Waz - 14 Mar 2019 7:35 AM
C’mon, for the cost of two beers a month you can have Optus Sports

I have optus i just hate watching it on my phone and the tv at work only has old school tv 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Ah, you’re at work 😂
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Login via your computer.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

Waz - 14 Mar 2019 7:58 AM
Ah, you’re at work 😂

I'm also at work - one of the perks of working in IT is that I can put the game on one of my three monitors :D
Waz
Waz
Legend

I love “work” 😁
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I somehow get optus for free. I have never paid and have had it since day one. I had an optud phone about four years ago, and I got a log in then but contract finished back then. Bizarre, but good. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

tsf - 14 Mar 2019 9:18 AM
I somehow get optus for free. I have never paid and have had it since day one. I had an optud phone about four years ago, and I got a log in then but contract finished back then. Bizarre, but good. 

the question is did it make you happy tsf? or do you prefer sbs/fox sports? 
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 May 2018 10:38 AM
Optus they ruined the premier league... but $15 a month isn’t to bad for the World Cup

Optus have been 10 times better then foxsports beside there 1st year where they had expected bandwidth teething issues i'd never want the EPL to go back to the overpriced foxsports

You can get a 25$ a month phone plan unlimited calls/text with optus sport which is absolutely fantastic under foxtel i had to pay for an entertainment base pack that was basically re-runs of all old shows no one watched then a sports pack then a HD add on costing over 50< a month 

If optus gets the HAL i dont think i'd ever watch foxtel again.... 

Id say the only thing i miss about foxtel was is Bozza because bloke tells it like it is and is one of the few who have been to the very top of the game and if you ask me the only people who should be leading football in Australia are the few that have played at the top and succeeded Kewell, Bozza, Dukes etc 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
5 Years Ago by Davstar
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search