FIFA 19 improvements you'd like to see

FIFA 19 improvements you'd like to see

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
So what's going to change?

I only really play career mode and would like to see the following:

Kits being updated with EPL logo and number upon promotion.
Design your own, redevelop stadiums.
Finally get the prize money carry over in order. Have some kind of detailed financial report at least show what the stupid system does with the money.
The ability to price tickets, food, parking and the like. Always a bit of extra fun.
Pre match warm ups would be cool and even a mini pre match show that will eventually be skipped by everyone.
Coin toss.
Pitch damage would be nice plus a bit more realism with dirty kits.
Reserve or youth team squads, training and even matches. While I'd ignore this after a while, it'd be a nice feature.

All in all this is a lot of work for the developers. The revamped career mode a bit in a recent years but I expect 2019 to be too much like the current one.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

to start....

+fix transfer issue.. some control over making transfers happen. more ability to dump players.
+fix AI squad selection.. no more of this shit where the best players start every game on the bench.
+have actual things you can do to meet board expectations that isnt just 'winning games'.. and actually telling you what is going on - there is just too much guessing in the game
-fans want to see more of players xxx,xxx, and xxx at home games/ on tv
-tickets prices are too high
-winning derby's etc
-sponsors
-home grown players and one club players
-what impact do press conferences actually have?
-does playing your stars at home have any impact upon selling out home games or improving membership... fuck knows..
+coaching and training staff - expand beyond the current youth team and scouts with a star system.
-youth team manager - with star rating that impacts development
-defensive, attacking, goalkeeping, etc managers with different skill sets and star ratings
-better staff mean better training sim results
+training grounds, facilities, and stadium development
-so you can do a proper road to glory/influence general club development
+money. it's a mess. 
-another total guessing game season to season.  how much carries over?  how is it decided? who the fuck knows? if they are going to take it can i use it at the end?  if they are going to keep it can i sort out contracts at the end of the season.  pretty sick of having to stack wages on a player to sell just so i can know wtf is going on with my money.
+team sheet and formation saves returned
-can't save a formation. can't change to a saved formation in mid game, with all the instructions already set. if i do it i have to go through each position one at a time and set how they respond.  this is a big issue. i dont know why it was removed.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

johnszasz - 13 May 2018 10:25 PM
So what's going to change?

I only really play career mode and would like to see the following:

Kits being updated with EPL logo and number upon promotion.
Design your own, redevelop stadiums.
Finally get the prize money carry over in order. Have some kind of detailed financial report at least show what the stupid system does with the money.
The ability to price tickets, food, parking and the like. Always a bit of extra fun.
Pre match warm ups would be cool and even a mini pre match show that will eventually be skipped by everyone.
Coin toss.
Pitch damage would be nice plus a bit more realism with dirty kits.
Reserve or youth team squads, training and even matches. While I'd ignore this after a while, it'd be a nice feature.

All in all this is a lot of work for the developers. The revamped career mode a bit in a recent years but I expect 2019 to be too much like the current one.

having a youth team thing would be great - even if you didnt have to play it, you just got results etc. if you could hire youth staff to manage it as well.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

inala brah - 14 May 2018 7:02 PM
to start....

+fix transfer issue.. some control over making transfers happen. more ability to dump players.
+fix AI squad selection.. no more of this shit where the best players start every game on the bench.
+have actual things you can do to meet board expectations that isnt just 'winning games'.. and actually telling you what is going on - there is just too much guessing in the game
-fans want to see more of players xxx,xxx, and xxx at home games/ on tv
-tickets prices are too high
-winning derby's etc
-sponsors
-home grown players and one club players
-what impact do press conferences actually have?
-does playing your stars at home have any impact upon selling out home games or improving membership... fuck knows..
+coaching and training staff - expand beyond the current youth team and scouts with a star system.
-youth team manager - with star rating that impacts development
-defensive, attacking, goalkeeping, etc managers with different skill sets and star ratings
-better staff mean better training sim results
+training grounds, facilities, and stadium development
-so you can do a proper road to glory/influence general club development
+money. it's a mess. 
-another total guessing game season to season.  how much carries over?  how is it decided? who the fuck knows? if they are going to take it can i use it at the end?  if they are going to keep it can i sort out contracts at the end of the season.  pretty sick of having to stack wages on a player to sell just so i can know wtf is going on with my money.
+team sheet and formation saves returned
-can't save a formation. can't change to a saved formation in mid game, with all the instructions already set. if i do it i have to go through each position one at a time and set how they respond.  this is a big issue. i dont know why it was removed.

+scouting
-i think it's bullshit that you dont know anything about other players in the league.  every time you play a team in your league you would scout them.  the knowledge of players needs to reflect this. generally you should have almost full knowledge of every player that has walked on the pitch in your league when you want it.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

+free kicks need to be fixed
+managers in other teams need to be sacked moved on
-they should be able to get sacked and hired with other teams
-the style of play at the teams where they get hired should change to reflect the incoming managers
-transfer should also reflect the new manager

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Same thing I want every year...  Bring back the creation centre!  I want to be able to design my own clubs, strips, sponsors, etc.  Back on FIFA13 or 14 (whenever the last creation centre was operating) I had a 20 team A-League, which I was playing one game at a time (always as the home team).  I went the whole hog and made sure every squad was equally matched.

Other than that - fix the career game engine so that a bad result doesn't lead to teams collapsing in career mode.  Too many times for coincidence, I've played until the end of January in great form - then everything has gone to hell, with 4-5 defeats in 5-6 games. This has happened with several different clubs in different leagues, in different seasons.  If I go out of one saved career and into another I immediately go back to winning games, so it seems unlikely that it's me.

More control over the youths you are signing, the ability to train them to play in different positions.  My ultimate aim on FIFA would be to win the European Cup with an entirely home-grown team - so it's crazy frustrating to get 5-6 top notch left midfielders/wingers (especially when you don't play with wide men), but only one (shortarse) central defender.  As suggested in a previous post, do the scouting in pre-season, including regens on the free list, and put together a youth squad each year.  Decide at the end of each season which players to retain, which to release, and which to promote to the senior squad for next year.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

Benjamin - 15 May 2018 7:27 PM
Same thing I want every year...  Bring back the creation centre!  I want to be able to design my own clubs, strips, sponsors, etc.  Back on FIFA13 or 14 (whenever the last creation centre was operating) I had a 20 team A-League, which I was playing one game at a time (always as the home team).  I went the whole hog and made sure every squad was equally matched.

Other than that - fix the career game engine so that a bad result doesn't lead to teams collapsing in career mode.  Too many times for coincidence, I've played until the end of January in great form - then everything has gone to hell, with 4-5 defeats in 5-6 games. This has happened with several different clubs in different leagues, in different seasons.  If I go out of one saved career and into another I immediately go back to winning games, so it seems unlikely that it's me.

More control over the youths you are signing, the ability to train them to play in different positions.  My ultimate aim on FIFA would be to win the European Cup with an entirely home-grown team - so it's crazy frustrating to get 5-6 top notch left midfielders/wingers (especially when you don't play with wide men), but only one (shortarse) central defender.  As suggested in a previous post, do the scouting in pre-season, including regens on the free list, and put together a youth squad each year.  Decide at the end of each season which players to retain, which to release, and which to promote to the senior squad for next year.

yep. the youth development part of the game is completely under cooked.  if you play a career through, after 10 years most of the players you know by name are done - so it's all youth and regens - for that reason alone it needs to be better.

i did a bit of save and reloading to just get a handful of youth that were worth the cut in my current career.  i needed to know i was developing 3 or 4 worldies from aus.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

More leagues. Buy all the leagues

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

it seems every year there are a bunch of really straight forward change people are asking for and EA does almost nothing to it. 

they only mildly update it and change the squads, just enough for people to buy the latest copy.  i think im going to PES next season.  anyone had any experience using the patched to update the teams and squads on PES with a console?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search