Rogic signs huge Celtic contract [Comments]

Rogic signs huge Celtic contract [Comments]

Author
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
TrickyTrees - 20 May 2018 9:04 PM
Celtic are a massive club, and he has a chance to be a legend of that club. That's actually pretty appealing.

Also gets to win trophies and get a free pass to the Champions League every year, so there are definitely positives.

And if he has a monster World Cup, or has a big Champions League campaign one year, there will be plenty of options for him if he wants them.

Yep. +1

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

agga78 - 20 May 2018 6:55 PM
I would like to know the last Australian player who has played for 1 big European club for more than 3-4"years, even in the golden generation most of our player's were playing at low level epl clubs. 

Cahill played for a half decent Everton team, while the likes of Viduka had 3 average EPL clubs bar 1 year at Leeds. Neill at Blackburn & West Ham relegation candidates, Kewell would of been the one if not for injury.  These are some of our best ever player's & people think Celtic is below Rogic.

It sounds to me like people in Australia think Celtic are the lucky ones to have Rogic, I think it's Rogic, who is lucky to have Celtic. 

Craig Johnston.
nebakke
nebakke
Amateur
Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)Amateur (578 reputation)

Two years at Bayern Munich, 1 at Fiorentina, 1 in Milan, then four with pre-collapse Rangers, in his prime, still arguably one of the best player ever.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5DQAAOxyIMhRFt13/s-l1600.jpg

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

TrickyTrees - 20 May 2018 9:04 PM
Celtic are a massive club, and he has a chance to be a legend of that club. That's actually pretty appealing.

Also gets to win trophies and get a free pass to the Champions League every year, so there are definitely positives.

And if he has a monster World Cup, or has a big Champions League campaign one year, there will be plenty of options for him if he wants them.

Victor Wanyama played for Celtic & scored that famous goal against Barcelona when they defeated them & the whole place went apeshit. He is now at Tottenham.  

People in this country are fucking idiots when it comes to football which is why Australian football is generally where it deserves to be on a domestic level.  
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I would like to know the last Australian player who has played for 1 big European club for more than 3-4"years, even in the golden generation most of our player's were playing at low level epl clubs. 

Cahill played for a half decent Everton team, while the likes of Viduka had 3 average EPL clubs bar 1 year at Leeds. Neill at Blackburn & West Ham relegation candidates, Kewell would of been the one if not for injury.  These are some of our best ever player's & people think Celtic is below Rogic.

It sounds to me like people in Australia think Celtic are the lucky ones to have Rogic, I think it's Rogic, who is lucky to have Celtic. 

Kewell played for Liverpool for 5 years... two UCL finals.. 

Tom will make the last 16 once in his 15 year celtic career, Viduka could have been a club legend at Celtic also but he actually wanted to be world class not like our generation of no hopers..

name one genuine world class player who plays for this MASSIFFF!! club called Celtic lol.

The biggest sign to me that no one rates the league is the fact England have like 2 wingers in there entire WC squad... there isnt many good English wingers around, Patrick Roberts is actually pretty good but they wouldnt even look at him coming from the SPL.
Edited
6 Years Ago by jas88
footbawler
footbawler
Hacker
Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)

jas88 - 21 May 2018 12:48 PM

Kewell played for Liverpool for 5 years... two UCL finals.. 

Tom will make the last 16 once in his 15 year celtic career, Viduka could have been a club legend at Celtic also but he actually wanted to be world class not like our generation of no hopers..

name one genuine world class player who plays for this MASSIFFF!! club called Celtic lol.

The biggest sign to me that no one rates the league is the fact England have like 2 wingers in there entire WC squad... there isnt many good English wingers around, Patrick Roberts is actually pretty good but they wouldnt even look at him coming from the SPL.

Kewell also had to deal with being treated like shit by the Liverpool supporters at some points. Rogic is adored by the Celtic crowd. Maybe he's happy where he is, playing at a big club, on good money, fans love him, play a few champs league games and doesn't have to worry about that EPL mentality that if a player has 3 ordinary games on the trot they're all of a sudden getting booed off. Or in Kewell's case, genuinely injured but booed off the field anyway...

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

All is good from where I'm sitting. I don't care what passport he holds. If he stays and plays, fine by me (my preference at the minute). On the other, if he leaves, then we should see a nice size transfer fee coming our way, which will/should be reinvested back into the squad.

Win-Win
Happy days  😄🍀

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Patrick Roberts is actually pretty good but they wouldnt even look at him coming from the SPL.

Being out injured nearly all season didn't help his cause.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

footbawler - 21 May 2018 1:27 PM

Kewell also had to deal with being treated like shit by the Liverpool supporters at some points. Rogic is adored by the Celtic crowd. Maybe he's happy where he is, playing at a big club, on good money, fans love him, play a few champs league games and doesn't have to worry about that EPL mentality that if a player has 3 ordinary games on the trot they're all of a sudden getting booed off. Or in Kewell's case, genuinely injured but booed off the field anyway...

he's getting a-league marquee money man cmon... look at the celtic salaries.. Mooy is on about double.

I remember when celtic fans hated Viduka scored 20 league goals and they loved him again lol he still didnt want to stick around. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by jas88
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

redcup - 19 May 2018 10:24 AM
Davo1985 - 19 May 2018 1:28 AM

I'm quite serious. Managers are in the game of getting the biggest payout for their charges, but also a good manager will push the client into a bigger league.
Celtic & Rangers are the two teams that can dream of mixing it in Europe and after being taken to the cleaners while playing at home Celtic just showed the gap between the Scot league and everyone else.
So I think the manager is doing pretty much nothing for his client's skill set, but if all you want to be is a hero in a league where you dominate but no-one outside of Scotland cares, go ahead.

You are clueless mate. Look at history or even just last summer. You'll notice players being put on extended contracts for the very reason to ensure the club gets a solid fee for a player that is clearly going to rise in value. Otherwise they'd be happy to let his contract expire or reach the last year and then renew year to year. The club is protecting their investment. The player is getting long term security and also will have an option to move on if he so wishes if another club comes calling and pays the right price. The fact that you don;t see this tells me you don't follow international football or have been blindsided by almost every deal done in history. 

Let's see what happens after the world cup. If he does exceptionally well, rest assured Celtic will have no problem asking for a pretty penny but happily let him move on to bigger better things. If he does poorly or gets injured at the wc, he has 5 year security. This is actually an exceptional deal for Rogic.
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

schimch - 19 May 2018 1:07 PM
Dont think this is bad news at all, word from his missus is that they got offered money that was too good to turn down, considerably more than what he was being offered in england.Smart business from celtic though, by offering that money that they’ll likely never have to pay, they’ve ensured themselves a big return on investment. Also shows the faith that Rodgers has in Rogic to be a key player for them in the champions league.IMO a strong world cup and another strong full season at celtic and he’ll be highly in demand at age 26 coming into his peak.

Spot on!
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Davo1985 - 21 May 2018 2:53 PM
redcup - 19 May 2018 10:24 AM

You are clueless mate. Look at history or even just last summer. You'll notice players being put on extended contracts for the very reason to ensure the club gets a solid fee for a player that is clearly going to rise in value. Otherwise they'd be happy to let his contract expire or reach the last year and then renew year to year. The club is protecting their investment. The player is getting long term security and also will have an option to move on if he so wishes if another club comes calling and pays the right price. The fact that you don;t see this tells me you don't follow international football or have been blindsided by almost every deal done in history. 

Let's see what happens after the world cup. If he does exceptionally well, rest assured Celtic will have no problem asking for a pretty penny but happily let him move on to bigger better things. If he does poorly or gets injured at the wc, he has 5 year security. This is actually an exceptional deal for Rogic.

+1
Spot on.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I think this was a very good ploy by Rogers retaining him.
Better the devil you know as they say and Rogers sees his value to them whereas I feel Rogers knows he would have slim pickings finding a top flight half willing to head to the SPL as it currently is.
I'm very happy for Rogic clearing up his playing future instead of being in the open market for too long and with the WC looming he could sustain an injury or whatever that could have muddied his short term future.
In saying that I'm disappointed for I'd love him being recognised by another good club in a stronger comp but it is how it is.
Look at the Hoops recent winning seasons, over 100points season before last if I recall right and daylight 2nd, talk about domination and the other title wins, at least he gets stiffer comp exposure vsing other clubs in the CL.
Dukes played 1 season but what a season it was, 37 games for 30 goals !
Imagine if he stayed for 2-3seasons BUT also IMO the comp was stronger back then.
No matter what others may say about Rangers way back then but Craig Moore won heaps but I expect most would say doesn't count :)
I was saddened how the Kop has treated HK early in his tenure with us but he came with huge fanfare and hope and it was obvious he was suffering with that ankle injury but the blind faithful are just that "blind" nuts, but at least he got some important medals and played some crackers at times once fit.
As for Emo and Lucas, no matter where their respective clubs were at the time in the EPL they played against the top 4-6 clubs twice for starters and the comp has no easy games most times/days/years then add in Cups etc....they were battle hardened and tested every single game.

Anyway enough off subject - roll on Rogic and do us proud next month thats all that really matters to us keyboard supporters.

Love Football

Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Kewell's first season at Liverpool was actually very good people forget that. Injuries blighted him from 2nd season onwards and also Houllier played him out of position on the right and at striker a lot of times
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search