Players are penalised for calling out "mine" when contesting the imminent control of a ball?

Players are penalised for calling out "mine" when contesting the...

Author
Frozzy
Under 7s
Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)Under 7s (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Regarding the calling out of your own, or teammates names during a game.
For instance, is it true that players are penalised for calling out "mine" when contesting the imminent control of a ball? 
I don't understand the full or different interpretations of this rule.
Apparently, it comes under the ruling of unsporting behaviour by trying to gain an advantage by deception.
What I can't understand is what happens when someone with the first or last name of "mine" calls out their name when contesting the ball.
Of course, there are dozens of variations of this scenario.
I reckon most players wouldn't fully understand this obscure rule. I'd like to know from ref's what their thoughts on this rule.
PS,,,,,,As far as I'm concerned, a huge part of a soccer game is the art of deceiving an opponent one on one about what your next move is when trying to get past them. 

Thanks for your replies.

Dont prevaricate. Youll get splinters in yer arse.
Political Correctness is the worst disease on the planet. Luckily for some of us Earthlings we are immune to this ever spreading contagion.
I recommend that all the dopey gits, female @ male, with the nauseatingly verbal omg disease with their ever present and subsequent hand covering of their gobs and hand fluttering gestures of around their botoxed fish lipped gobs of, oh look at me every one, Im hysterically astonished, should forfeit their hands by amputation so we dont have to witness any more of this blight on society.

Will Joy
Will Joy
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Frozzy,     The e-mail you answered regarding players calling out "MINE " was a very sensible question(.I would like to know what the true answer was) but you made an absolute idiot in your reply,   are you on illegal medication ?????
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search