BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Holland playing well in attack but badly beaten by Croker for 2 tries....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 7 Jul 2018 8:11 PM
Holland playing well in attack but badly beaten by Croker for 2 tries....

Yes bad misses by Holland might have been injured on the 2nd one, but needs to do better.

His attack is good, but defence needs to improve. ..
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

If I was coach I would switch Hoppa and Holland. .. Ok perhaps not mid game if they hadn't trained for it.
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

hounddog - 7 Jul 2018 8:24 PM
Marki - 7 Jul 2018 8:11 PM

Yes bad misses by Holland might have been injured on the 2nd one, but needs to do better.

His attack is good, but defence needs to improve. ..

Split the Morris'
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 7 Jul 2018 8:29 PM
If I was coach I would switch Hoppa and Holland. .. Ok perhaps not mid game if they hadn't trained for it.

Oh dear holland again.
Having a shocker in defence. That one on cotric was tough but after the first 2 misses, now thry are looking for him 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Woohoo Martin!!
I now believe Mbye was the Desball cancer we needed to get rid of
Marki
Marki
World Class

Phuck.
Disgraceful finish.
How that Tapine try was given when he clearly promotes the ball is beyond me
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 7 Jul 2018 9:32 PM
Phuck.
Disgraceful finish.
How that Tapine try was given when he clearly promotes the ball is beyond me

Up 14 points with 7.5mins to go....
Far out.
Stop playing at Belmore!!!!
Its a curse
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Good effort momentum shifted on the short kick off .
tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

our last 5 minutes was 2 defend , thats what wins games  , all i can say  blake austin he is a game winner & he is off contract & is well said he wont be in the national capital  we need a player like him 
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)

hounddog - 7 Jul 2018 9:34 PM
Good effort momentum shifted on the short kick off .

Gutted. I feel for the players but they let them back into the game with 7mins to go.. Lewis will be better for the result because he needs to learn how to slow the game down and control the play. 

Gutted.
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)Super Fan (111 reputation)

Vallo440 - 7 Jul 2018 9:43 PM
hounddog - 7 Jul 2018 9:34 PM

Gutted. I feel for the players but they let them back into the game with 7mins to go.. Lewis will be better for the result because he needs to learn how to slow the game down and control the play. 

Gutted.

How quickly a game can turn. And how quickly the mood changed in my household.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The short kick off and the one on one strip on Lichaa were the critical plays...

And the first 2 Canberra tries off bad misses from Holland ...

If Canberra got a run of possession at our end they were always a chance to score.

Overall we played well, it is just attention to detail and a bit more attacking polish that is needed...

But the big plus is the same group of players is playing much better than last year. ...
DanD
DanD
Rising Star
Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)Rising Star (899 reputation)

Deflated! Deserved that win...80 minute game tho...bugger.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Vallo440 - 7 Jul 2018 9:44 PM
Vallo440 - 7 Jul 2018 9:43 PM

How quickly a game can turn. And how quickly the mood changed in my household.

Some how my instincts told me that they would try the short kick off and it was a critical play.

We still should have defended it, but that was the start of the momentum shift...

I'm not gutted ... just disappointed. ..
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

hounddog - 7 Jul 2018 9:49 PM
The short kick off and the one on one strip on Lichaa were the critical plays...

And the first 2 Canberra tries off bad misses from Holland ...

If Canberra got a run of possession at our end they were always a chance to score.

Overall we played well, it is just attention to detail and a bit more attacking polish that is needed...

But the big plus is the same group of players is playing much better than last year. ...

Good summation HD...we more than competed but they couldn't finish them off...looked tired last 10 minutes. How was the bench used this game...Pay doesn't like Brown I guess.

tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

i still cant understand what dean pay game plan was of using  new brown for 5 minutes of the whole game , i still say he is a better no 9 than lichha again lichha is a bad selection @ no 9 
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

tony v_2 - 7 Jul 2018 9:55 PM
i still cant understand what dean pay game plan was of using  new brown for 5 minutes of the whole game , i still say he is a better no 9 than lichha again lichha is a bad selection @ no 9 

Pay probably has to give Brown more of a go and start him. He is trying too hard and needs to settle in and get some confidence.  That was heartbreaking for the players I bet. I know I am.
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan

Yeah I'm not convinced Lichaa is the answer at hooker. Youd think he'd have the nous to hold onto the ball like it was a bar of gold bullion but he allowed it to be stripped. But the short kickoff was on and they were not privy to it. 
Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

The telling point was when the ref called second effort when that fat pr*ck Joey Leilua was forced into touch very deep in the half. Haunted by the fact same fat pr*ck scored..AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Lichaa played okay despite what the haters no matter how he plays have said. Priest okay also...bad ref decision in the corner was the clincher as was poor defence when Austin scored...he is a one trick pony...they should have known he would step
DanD
DanD
Rising Star

Vallo440 - 7 Jul 2018 10:01 PM

Yeah I'm not convinced Lichaa is the answer at hooker. Youd think he'd have the nous to hold onto the ball like it was a bar of gold bullion but he allowed it to be stripped. But the short kickoff was on and they were not privy to it. 

I was surprised they didnt put more numbers for that short kick off. ...we live and learn.

Hard to single anyone out for blame. They all did really good things and all did some bad things...just part of our annus horribilis.

tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star

next  game  A N Z  3pm saturday against the team leading the comp the south sydney rabbits 
reading the kennel  many posters there are all talking about micheal lichha all posters there  want him dropped 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Vallo440 - 7 Jul 2018 10:01 PM

With a 14 point lead and 7.5mins left so many things need to go against you to lose the game.
Or so many things must go your way for you to win.

Even after the short kick off, i was hoping we wouldnt let them score for 3mins. They score a converted try with just under 5mins to go.
Then i just hoped we burnt the next 2 or 3 mins. They score another with just under 2mins to go. Then i just wanted us to number up and defend that kickoff in thrir own half, snd what do we do? Let Austin cut us down the flank for a 50m break and gift them valuable field position.

I still cant believe it. Its demoralising. We were about to chalk up a good and much needed win at belmore and now have just added to our poor record there.

Most dissapointing is the fact that Martin scored a hatrick and 24 points yet he walks away a loser...
Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro

tony v_2 - 7 Jul 2018 10:13 PM
next  game  A N Z  3pm saturday against the team leading the comp the south sydney rabbits 
reading the kennel  many posters there are all talking about micheal lichha all posters there  want him dropped 

Great source...the Kennel...Guess weekend detention being phased out

Marki
Marki
World Class

Steveswr1 - 7 Jul 2018 10:08 PM
Lichaa played okay despite what the haters no matter how he plays have said. Priest okay also...bad ref decision in the corner was the clincher as was poor defence when Austin scored...he is a one trick pony...they should have known he would step

Lichaa was good. Im usually one of his harshest critics but he was fine today. Poor ball security to give it away late and it contributed to field position which they eventually scored, but it wasnt a direct points scoring play. 

Nancy
Nancy
Rising Star
Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)Rising Star (857 reputation)

Dudchy was a disgrace.
tony v_2
tony v_2
Rising Star

still the dogs are very short in the centers ,what is doing with josh morris is hard 2 say if he is staying or going ,  but looking @ 2019  still say we need a centre kerrod holland  got owned by jason crocker 2night period  along with remis smith thhe raiders exploited this & got us in the last 50 seconds like lost in space doctor smith saying was   oh the pain the pain  
Steveswr1
Steveswr1
Semi-Pro

Keiran Foran is an extremely class act. When interviewed he always seems interested and always calls the interviewer by their name....perhaps a small thing but a quality one
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Nancy - 7 Jul 2018 10:21 PM
Dudchy was a disgrace.

I agree, I can't defend a lack of defense...

Holland is OK for fullback or 14, perhaps wing ... but if this game is a fair indicator ... not a centre...

I think Brown did a few suspect things in attack and looked shaky in defense...

At the time I was thinking get him off and Pay thought the same ...

We could try Woolford or even Frawley at 14, there is something about Brown that doesn't inspire confidence. .. he was good against Newcastle. .. but we were on top in that game ... against Canberra we lost momentum when he came on.

Very good game from Smith ..

IMO. 
3. Martin.
2. Smith
1. Lewis

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search